2017 NBA Off Season Thread: Draft & Free Agency & Summer League

Options

Comments

• silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Crude_ wrote: »
    Side note if Gentry has us playing sub .500 ball by 20 games get rid of his ass.

That's why we got Chris Finch. Dude is up next.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Side note if Gentry has us playing sub .500 ball by 20 games get rid of his ass.

That's not the way to retain cousins. Homie had like 12 coaches and he needs a stable organization and y'all ain't exactly that

I'm not even going to lie you're right on this one. If ish doesn't work out with Gentry this year and Indiana parts ways with Nate McMillian I'd like to see him on our sidelines in the near future.

I don't have much faith in Demps as GM either. The Benson's seem intent on riding this train until the wheels fall off though.

You sure about that fam?

Nah I ain't sure but it's wishful thinking.

When George walks those guys are going to be fighting it out for 10th place in the East they'll be better than Brooklyn and maybe Philadelphia. Them, the Knicks, and Orlando will be fighting for next.
  • Crude_
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Naw. We need a PG that can shoot

Who you got in mind that we got a realistic shot at getting?

Sergio Rodgriguez?

He's older and would be cheap but I'd rather have a younger guy.

That's why we got Chris Finch. Dude is up next.

I would rather have a more proven guy.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S/o to them CAW CAW Boyz @Shizlansky @caddo man @Crude_ @AP21

this off season is hella important. The most in franchise history. I say let Jrue Holiday walk and remain flexible with the cap, get a short stop PG to sell to future free agents and try to get 50 wins. Next season try to go after John Wall. Or sign and trade Jrue to Minnesota for Rubio.

I don't know how realistic it will be to get Wall here but I'd sign some serviceable guy on a 2 year deal.

I think Elfrid Payton type guy might be more realistic in 2018 and I also think we need a better small forward to but I don't know who we can afford. @silverfoxx

I thought of the hometown kid Payton. Went to school with him. He humble and quiet as ? . Idk if boogie and AD has time to wait on him and his offense game to develop. But hey, can say the same for Rubio right?

EPs offense is coming along nicely. His motor just runs hot and cold too often for my liking. Dude gets into the paint at will can finish can pass has a high iq. The jumper is still an issue but he's still young and improving. He balled out after the all star break last year. Had something like 8 or 9 triple doubles within a two month span plus he shot the ball really well.. I still think he can be a really good PG this is going to be a big year for him
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's not the way to retain cousins. Homie had like 12 coaches and he needs a stable organization and y'all ain't exactly that

I'm not even going to lie you're right on this one. If ish doesn't work out with Gentry this year and Indiana parts ways with Nate McMillian I'd like to see him on our sidelines in the near future.

I don't have much faith in Demps as GM either. The Benson's seem intent on riding this train until the wheels fall off though.

You sure about that fam?

When George walks those guys are going to be fighting it out for 10th place in the East they'll be better than Brooklyn and maybe Philadelphia. Them, the Knicks, and Orlando will be fighting for next.

Im asking why would you want McMillan as your coach if you fire Gentry? Different styles but thats the definition of a lateral move
  • Crude_
    Options

You sure about that fam?

Im asking why would you want McMillan as your coach if you fire Gentry? Different styles but thats the definition of a lateral move

You think McMillian is a lateral move to Gentry? Eh I don't know about that one.

Luke Walton wouldn't be a bad look either he's shown he can be a solid offensive guy when he's got weapons to work with he ain't going to last in LA. He'll be back on the Warriors sidelines working as an assistant in 2-3 years tops.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jerry west's services are needed more in Sacramento but hey he should go to one team every year to get them back in shape
  • Beta
    Options

You sure about that fam?

You think McMillian is a lateral move to Gentry? Eh I don't know about that one.

Luke Walton wouldn't be a bad look either he's shown he can be a solid offensive guy when he's got weapons to work with he ain't going to last in LA. He'll be back on the Warriors sidelines working as an assistant in 2-3 years tops.

Nate McMillan sucks bro
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    Imo cavs should look into trading kyrie for paul george instead of love.

Are you outta yo DAMN MIND?????
  • Beta
    Options
    Mike Budenholzer*
    Brad Stevens*
    Kenny Atkinson*
    Steve Clifford*
    Fred Hoiberg
    Tyronn Lue
    Rick Carlisle*
    Michael Malone*
    Stan Van Gundy*
    Steve Kerr*
    Mike D'Antoni*
    Nate McMillan
    Doc Rivers*
    Luke Walton
    David fizdale*
    Erik Spoelstra*
    Jason Kidd*
    Tom Thibodeau*
    Alvin Gentry*
    Jeff Hornacek*
    Billy Donovan
    Frank Vogel*
    Brett Brown
    Earl Watson
    Terry Stotts*
    Dave Joerger*
    Gregg Popovich*
    Dwane Casey
    Quin Snyder*
    Scott Brooks*

Asterisk names are coaches I know for sure are better than Macmillan. Luke Walton I'm on the fence about.

Nate a top 24 coach lol
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »

Wonder if this is the first step in relieving GM Doc of that title....
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wonder if this is the first step in reliving GM Doc of that title....

Steps to getting lebron
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? _Caesar wrote: »

Wonder if this is the first step in reliving GM Doc of that title....

Steps to getting lebron

Go to L.A. to be a Flipper? That's like going to Six Flags to ride the Tea Cups.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S/o to them CAW CAW Boyz Shizlansky "caddo man" Crude_ AP21

this off season is hella important. The most in franchise history. I say let Jrue Holiday walk and remain flexible with the cap, get a short stop PG to sell to future free agents and try to get 50 wins. Next season try to go after John Wall. Or sign and trade Jrue to Minnesota for Rubio.

Collison, Payton, Teague, Livingston, or Jennings. Collison Livingston and Jennings will be a stop gap but you have to get a PG that can hit a outside shot. Cant have the defense collapse and not make them pay. Rubio still cant make them respect his shot. No Reggie "My liver going out" Jackson.

Something in me wants them to go after Korver. Instant Grits and Korver would make a great combo when they need to score. Defense will be horrible.

• D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S/o to them CAW CAW Boyz @Shizlansky @caddo man @Crude_ @AP21

I don't know how realistic it will be to get Wall here but I'd sign some serviceable guy on a 2 year deal.

I think Elfrid Payton type guy might be more realistic in 2018 and I also think we need a better small forward to but I don't know who we can afford. @silverfoxx

That's not a option.

Move along!!!
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ryan West >>> Jerry West
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mike Budenholzer*
    Brad Stevens*
    Kenny Atkinson*
    Steve Clifford*
    Fred Hoiberg
    Tyronn Lue
    Rick Carlisle*
    Michael Malone*
    Stan Van Gundy*
    Steve Kerr*
    Mike D'Antoni*
    Nate McMillan
    Doc Rivers*
    Luke Walton
    David fizdale*
    Erik Spoelstra*
    Jason Kidd*
    Tom Thibodeau*
    Alvin Gentry*
    Jeff Hornacek*
    Billy Donovan
    Frank Vogel*
    Brett Brown
    Earl Watson
    Terry Stotts*
    Dave Joerger*
    Gregg Popovich*
    Dwane Casey
    Quin Snyder*
    Scott Brooks*

Asterisk names are coaches I know for sure are better than Macmillan. Luke Walton I'm on the fence about.

Nate a top 24 coach lol

I don't know. Too many folks looking at him from this season and the job he did with the wizards but not realizing that you judging him based off the job Randy Whitman did last season and how much of horrible coach Whitman really is.
  • Beta
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Mike Budenholzer*
    Brad Stevens*
    Kenny Atkinson*
    Steve Clifford*
    Fred Hoiberg
    Tyronn Lue
    Rick Carlisle*
    Michael Malone*
    Stan Van Gundy*
    Steve Kerr*
    Mike D'Antoni*
    Nate McMillan
    Doc Rivers*
    Luke Walton
    David fizdale*
    Erik Spoelstra*
    Jason Kidd*
    Tom Thibodeau*
    Alvin Gentry*
    Jeff Hornacek*
    Billy Donovan
    Frank Vogel*
    Brett Brown
    Earl Watson
    Terry Stotts*
    Dave Joerger*
    Gregg Popovich*
    Dwane Casey
    Quin Snyder*
    Scott Brooks*

Nate a top 24 coach lol

I don't know. Too many folks looking at him from this season and the job he did with the wizards but not realizing that you judging him based off the job Randy Whitman did last season and how much of horrible coach Whitman really is.

He's still better than nate

If anything nate is best handling the defense as an assistant
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

They probably paid him stupid money. Only reason it makes sense for him to go to the warriors. Its a good look for the clippers.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    buncha hot takes in dis bih about the pelicans
  • Crude_
    Options
    Mike Budenholzer*
    Brad Stevens*
    Kenny Atkinson*
    Steve Clifford*
    Fred Hoiberg
    Tyronn Lue
    Rick Carlisle*
    Michael Malone*
    Stan Van Gundy*
    Steve Kerr*
    Mike D'Antoni*
    Nate McMillan
    Doc Rivers*
    Luke Walton
    David fizdale*
    Erik Spoelstra*
    Jason Kidd*
    Tom Thibodeau*
    Alvin Gentry*
    Jeff Hornacek*
    Billy Donovan
    Frank Vogel*
    Brett Brown
    Earl Watson
    Terry Stotts*
    Dave Joerger*
    Gregg Popovich*
    Dwane Casey
    Quin Snyder*
    Scott Brooks*

Nate a top 24 coach lol

I don't know about a few of these guys but I'm a let you live.

Personally think a Dwane Casey is ass. Scott Brooks is great motivator and good guy but not a great coach. Billy Donovan was a good college coach but just another guy in the league his go to offense is Westbrook iso's. OKC coulda kept Brooks for that.

You got a few questionable others to but I digress.
  • Beta
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Mike Budenholzer*
    Brad Stevens*
    Kenny Atkinson*
    Steve Clifford*
    Fred Hoiberg
    Tyronn Lue
    Rick Carlisle*
    Michael Malone*
    Stan Van Gundy*
    Steve Kerr*
    Mike D'Antoni*
    Nate McMillan
    Doc Rivers*
    Luke Walton
    David fizdale*
    Erik Spoelstra*
    Jason Kidd*
    Tom Thibodeau*
    Alvin Gentry*
    Jeff Hornacek*
    Billy Donovan
    Frank Vogel*
    Brett Brown
    Earl Watson
    Terry Stotts*
    Dave Joerger*
    Gregg Popovich*
    Dwane Casey
    Quin Snyder*
    Scott Brooks*

Nate a top 24 coach lol

I don't know about a few of these guys but I'm a let you live.

Personally think a Dwane Casey is ass. Scott Brooks is great motivator and good guy but not a great coach. Billy Donovan was a good college coach but just another guy in the league his go to offense is Westbrook iso's. OKC coulda kept Brooks for that.

Casey and Donovan I said are not better

Who else is questionable though?

You see what macmillian did to Paul George? Got that ? ready to dip lol