2017 NBA Off Season Thread: Draft & Free Agency & Summer League

Options

Comments

• AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Why not think about moving Kyrie to the two spot and let him play his natural position. He ain't no pg imo. The question is can he take the punishment on the defensive end by other 2 guards.

Then go get a pass first defensive pg.

Dont really matter cause Bron is the pg anyway. They need to someone else who can create their own shot. Bron cant score off the ball, kyrie already getting his, they need someone else who can get them 20+ without involving Bron.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why not think about moving Kyrie to the two spot and let him play his natural position. He ain't no pg imo. The question is can he take the punishment on the defensive end by other 2 guards.

He wouldn't guard other 2 guards
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jake Fischer: The Dallas Mavericks have emerged as serious contenders to sign Jrue Holiday and his brother Justin, according to league sources.

Jake Fischer: The Holiday brothers have strong interest to play together, per sources, and Justin played w/ Harrison Barnes on Warriors’ 2015 title team.
  • Beta
    Options
    Btw question I guess I'll make it specifically for Africa since you wanna be chad Ford so bad

But can the blazers be a player for Paul George using some of those first rounders and a player?
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Btw question I guess I'll make it specifically for Africa since you wanna be chad Ford so bad

But can the blazers be a player for Paul George using some of those first rounders and a player?

No
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options

No. Urkel would have to be apart of that deal
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    My team needs to make some moves to at least try to be competitive to tide us over until we own our draft picks again.

The Blazers have first round picks available to teams who are willing to assist them in cap relief. The Nets should jump on that. Eat Evan Turners contract in order to get the 20th pick. Swing for the fences with your three firsts or package one or two of them + Lopez to move up into the lottery. Lucky for you they own thier 2019 pick where the top 2 players look like generational talents.

If we're trying to be "competitive" then we gotta keep Lopez, and trading for Evan Turner while giving Lopez defeats the purpose.

Whats the point of you trying to be competitive? You should be trying to acquire as many assets as possible. Lopez is almost 30 and the closer he gets to FA the more value you lose with him in a potential trade.

Like I said in order to get one of those Portland first round picks you would have to eat a bad contract and with your team currently stuck in the mud talking on a bad contract wouldn't hinder you much at all. By the time your ready to be "competitive" again Turners contract should be off the books.

Because the idea of being trash just to hand over top 3 picks to the Celtics sucks. I'd rather be competitive for a year and if we miss the playoffs we'll be in the 35-39 win range, and then the following year tank and begin the rebuild.
  • Beta
    Options

No

Are you Africa ? ? But thanks just wondering
  • Beta
    Options

No. Urkel would have to be apart of that deal

Ahhh just thinking of a potential under the radar teamup to help combat the warriors
  • Beta
    Options
    Btw a heat fan said to trade TJ, Winslow and the 14th pick for George, sign hayward and let dion go but bring back JJ

Dragic
    George
    Hayward
    Johnson
    Whiteside

I hate heat fans regarding acquiring high profile players
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lol ? already can't even defend point guards

No PGs can guard these elite PGs
  • goodlookinout
    goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Clippers closing in on deal to build arena in Inglewood
  • its....JOHN B
    Options

No

Quit asking stupid questions
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jake Fischer: The Dallas Mavericks have emerged as serious contenders to sign Jrue Holiday and his brother Justin, according to league sources.

Jake Fischer: The Holiday brothers have strong interest to play together, per sources, and Justin played w/ Harrison Barnes on Warriors’ 2015 title team.

It's about to get real for the mavs
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options

It's about to get real for the mavs

Wait wouldn't they both come off the bench tho

Bench bros
  • Beta
    Options
    BDBIID wrote: »
    Btw a heat fan said to trade TYLER JOHNSON, Winslow and the 14th pick for George, sign hayward and let dion go but bring back JJ

Dragic
    George
    Hayward
    Johnson
    Whiteside

I hate heat fans regarding acquiring high profile players

Type his name out man.

I was sitting here for like 5 minutes like who the ? is TJ?!?

Lol yeah true if you wrote IZ I would be like wtf is that
  • Beta
    Options

No

Quit asking stupid questions

I'm sorry. What you get me for Sunday?
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Couverture27.png

hqdefault.jpg

Ainge likes flabby pfs
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My team needs to make some moves to at least try to be competitive to tide us over until we own our draft picks again.

The Blazers have first round picks available to teams who are willing to assist them in cap relief. The Nets should jump on that. Eat Evan Turners contract in order to get the 20th pick. Swing for the fences with your three firsts or package one or two of them + Lopez to move up into the lottery. Lucky for you they own thier 2019 pick where the top 2 players look like generational talents.

If we're trying to be "competitive" then we gotta keep Lopez, and trading for Evan Turner while giving Lopez defeats the purpose.

Whats the point of you trying to be competitive? You should be trying to acquire as many assets as possible. Lopez is almost 30 and the closer he gets to FA the more value you lose with him in a potential trade.

Like I said in order to get one of those Portland first round picks you would have to eat a bad contract and with your team currently stuck in the mud talking on a bad contract wouldn't hinder you much at all. By the time your ready to be "competitive" again Turners contract should be off the books.

Because the idea of being trash just to hand over top 3 picks to the Celtics sucks. I'd rather be competitive for a year and if we miss the playoffs we'll be in the 35-39 win range, and then the following year tank and begin the rebuild.

So your expecting a 10 game improvement based on what exactly? and you would pass on an opportunity to add a top 20 pick in a loaded draft just to spite the Celtics? Ok you got it.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    That pretty much just says that woj says people around the league think bron might leave.

Only thing that makes sense is the clippers and getting melo to come there. Hmm actually if wade opts out all 4 could potentially nah nvm the money wouldnt work unless that man child ballmer okay with ridiculous tax

He's not leaving though

Btw ? scatter like roaches when you actually talk to them about basketball

Man IMO it's dumb AF for LeBron to leave SMMFH. Why would he do that when he owns a portion of the Cavs ? If there's any truth to it LeBron needs to chill and come up with a better strategy. You can trade Love for Paul George. I don't know if Melo would even want to play with LeBron but IF he ever made that move it'd better their chances somewhat against teams like GSW. Bron went to what 7 finals and I think 5 straight finals ? SMMFH ? pathetic man....

If Lebron leaves 25 year old Kyrie barely in his prime he doesn't deserve a another ring
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ive never seen lonzo shoot a jumper only 3s and lay ups...

Very odd