2017 NBA Off Season Thread: Draft & Free Agency & Summer League

Options

Comments

• Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I forgot just how near football-like this LA/Cs rivalry was.

They'd be handing out Flagrant 5s if they tried this ? today. PBA. ? Basketball Association now.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I actually like the idea of moving Kyrie to 2 if possible, hell have a lot more nights to roam at that position than guarding 1's
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They should make a good documentary about Dream
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »

I think there's a beyond the glory on him. Those used to be my ? back in the day. You might be able to find it on YouTube.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    My team needs to make some moves to at least try to be competitive to tide us over until we own our draft picks again.

The Blazers have first round picks available to teams who are willing to assist them in cap relief. The Nets should jump on that. Eat Evan Turners contract in order to get the 20th pick. Swing for the fences with your three firsts or package one or two of them + Lopez to move up into the lottery. Lucky for you they own thier 2019 pick where the top 2 players look like generational talents.

If we're trying to be "competitive" then we gotta keep Lopez, and trading for Evan Turner while giving Lopez defeats the purpose.

Whats the point of you trying to be competitive? You should be trying to acquire as many assets as possible. Lopez is almost 30 and the closer he gets to FA the more value you lose with him in a potential trade.

Like I said in order to get one of those Portland first round picks you would have to eat a bad contract and with your team currently stuck in the mud talking on a bad contract wouldn't hinder you much at all. By the time your ready to be "competitive" again Turners contract should be off the books.

Because the idea of being trash just to hand over top 3 picks to the Celtics sucks. I'd rather be competitive for a year and if we miss the playoffs we'll be in the 35-39 win range, and then the following year tank and begin the rebuild.

So your expecting a 10 game improvement based on what exactly? and you would pass on an opportunity to add a top 20 pick in a loaded draft just to spite the Celtics? Ok you got it.

We already have 2 late/mid first round picks unless they're offering a lotto (top 5) pick then I'd rather be competitive for one year. It's not about spiting the Celtics more so it's the fact that it makes no sense to be bad and tank when you don't own your first round pick. You're suggesting we suck and continue to hand over top 3 picks.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited June 2017
    Options
    My team needs to make some moves to at least try to be competitive to tide us over until we own our draft picks again.

The Blazers have first round picks available to teams who are willing to assist them in cap relief. The Nets should jump on that. Eat Evan Turners contract in order to get the 20th pick. Swing for the fences with your three firsts or package one or two of them + Lopez to move up into the lottery. Lucky for you they own thier 2019 pick where the top 2 players look like generational talents.

If we're trying to be "competitive" then we gotta keep Lopez, and trading for Evan Turner while giving Lopez defeats the purpose.

Whats the point of you trying to be competitive? You should be trying to acquire as many assets as possible. Lopez is almost 30 and the closer he gets to FA the more value you lose with him in a potential trade.

Like I said in order to get one of those Portland first round picks you would have to eat a bad contract and with your team currently stuck in the mud talking on a bad contract wouldn't hinder you much at all. By the time your ready to be "competitive" again Turners contract should be off the books.

Because the idea of being trash just to hand over top 3 picks to the Celtics sucks. I'd rather be competitive for a year and if we miss the playoffs we'll be in the 35-39 win range, and then the following year tank and begin the rebuild.

So your expecting a 10 game improvement based on what exactly? and you would pass on an opportunity to add a top 20 pick in a loaded draft just to spite the Celtics? Ok you got it.

We already have 2 late/mid first round picks unless they're offering a lotto (top 5) pick then I'd rather be competitive for one year. It's not about spiting the Celtics more so it's the fact that it makes no sense to be bad and tank when you don't own your first round pick. You're suggesting we suck and continue to hand over top 3 picks.

I'm suggesting that you make the best of a bad situation. You will suck regardless.
  • AZTG
    Options

I think there's a beyond the glory on him. Those used to be my ? back in the day. You might be able to find it on YouTube.

Ill check it out. But I meant something in depth like this. I'll watch a 5 hour in depth documentary on Hakeem.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Didn't one come out like a year or two ago?
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options

Ill check it out. But I meant something in depth like this. I'll watch a 5 hour in depth documentary on Hakeem.

It's pretty in depth from what I remember. Gave good back round on his life before playing for Houston his faith and his family. If you find it or something similar let me know i ? with dream heavy
  • AZTG
    Options
    Beta wrote: »

Didn't one come out like a year or two ago?

You clearly asking the wrong person b
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    S/o to them CAW CAW Boyz @Shizlansky @caddo man @Crude_ @AP21

this off season is hella important. The most in franchise history. I say let Jrue Holiday walk and remain flexible with the cap, get a short stop PG to sell to future free agents and try to get 50 wins. Next season try to go after John Wall. Or sign and trade Jrue to Minnesota for Rubio.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »

this off season is hella important. The most in franchise history. I say let Jrue Holiday walk and remain flexible with the cap, get a short stop PG to sell to future free agents and try to get 50 wins. Next season try to go after John Wall. Or sign and trade Jrue to Minnesota for Rubio.

Ima catch some more games in person. I see two in Dallas and might catch some back home this year.

Get good seats for the low.
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

Ima catch some more games in person. I see two in Dallas and might catch some back home this year.

Word I'm definitely take the lady to some games here in ATL Caw Cawing my ass off in that ? .
  • Shizlansky
    Options

Word I'm definitely take the lady to some games here in ATL Caw Cawing my ass off in that ? .

Tickets in ATL be cheap?
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    no idea who the pels are gonna pick at 40

been seeing some reports of Josh Hart. Dude looks like he can fit the bill, but idk

Nah bruh won't make it in the NBA. Not too athletic. I say go with Nigel Willams Goss, Jonah Bolden, Semi Ojeleye, or pray Derrick White is there. Me personally I would trade up.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think we gon get at least 50 wins this season. Interesting to see how well Brogdon, Maker and Giannis do. Hopefully Jabari will be healthy
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    Couverture27.png

hqdefault.jpg

Ainge likes flabby pfs

Yabusele is actually athletic for his size, I'm sure you've never seen him play so I take this with a grain of salt, I saw yall are thinking about trading the 5th & 10th pick for the 4th pick and a 2nd rounder. Worry about your trash franchise
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jake Fischer: The Dallas Mavericks have emerged as serious contenders to sign Jrue Holiday and his brother Justin, according to league sources.

Jake Fischer: The Holiday brothers have strong interest to play together, per sources, and Justin played w/ Harrison Barnes on Warriors’ 2015 title team.

? please let this happen.
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »
    speaking of stephen a smith though

‘im ? , leg, hip guy, if you dont have that, then its insulting if you even approach me’

lmao

stephen a smith real life talk like that about everything

he sounded like he was on first take

he was arguing about matters of the ? with the same fervor as he does phil jackson knicks tenure

https://youtu.be/WgbDCiL-IG4
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    Jake Fischer: The Dallas Mavericks have emerged as serious contenders to sign Jrue Holiday and his brother Justin, according to league sources.

Jake Fischer: The Holiday brothers have strong interest to play together, per sources, and Justin played w/ Harrison Barnes on Warriors’ 2015 title team.

Good
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options

I don't know how realistic it will be to get Wall here but I'd sign some serviceable guy on a 2 year deal.

I think Elfrid Payton type guy might be more realistic in 2018 and I also think we need a better small forward to but I don't know who we can afford. @silverfoxx
  • Shizlansky
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Naw. We need a PG that can shoot
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Tickets in ATL be cheap?

Lol you see how empty it be? What you think