edited June 2017
    Options
    NCswag wrote: »
    caddo man wrote: »
    5d45c7f18ffac473dc756a38c220c340.jpg

Get ready.

29-53 coming in uuuuuup!!!!!
    NCswag hating ass mfer!
    GMbWe_s-200x150.gif?c=popkey-web&p=starbucks&i=frappuccino-brands&l=search&f=.gif
    got it!
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if true...that nig Lebron can't keep his ass still for ? !
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »
    if true...that nig Lebron can't keep his ass still for ? !

lebron is going to be 33 years old

he has maybe another 2-3 years left and is in a desperate situation given what the warriors have done

he is going to demand that the cavs completely ? any future that they have so he can take another run at the warriors

lebron gonna make it a hot summer

i dont know what much can be done but you can bet bron wont stand for them not changing ?
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rockets strike me as a dark horse for Blake !!
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »
    rockets strike me as a dark horse for Blake !!

They'll be asking for him to be traded in 2018

• AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    Steven A says trade Love for Melo... Do ya'll agree?.. He's basically saying that with Melo the offense doesnt go in the tank when LeBron sits.. Max says he'd rather get George or Jimmy butler because they defend.. And Stephen A is like u not stopping GSW you gotta outscore em.. Valid points on both sides..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-r7y_tE55o

It doesnt make sense for the Knicks. I dont want to trade a superstar who cant defend for a superstar who doesnt defend. Not saying Melo is better than Lovr or vice versa, just as a Knicks fan, thats not the direction we should be going. Melo needs to go, and hopefully he can go for some scrubs that are not a difference maker, so we can continue building through the lottery.

For the Cavs, not sure if Melo is the best option, but whoever they get, it has to be someone that could get 20+ withouy Bron creating for him. So I agree Melo is better than Love for the Cavs.
  • AZTG
    Options
    I know Melo holds all the cards, but im just hoping management isnt trying to get back a star. If the Cavs are the only option, ? it, do it, but dont make that trade when you have other options only because you want a star back.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Really don't won't blake
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got Bron going to the Lakers
  • gifted
    gifted Members Posts: 684 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Steven A don't know ? . Melo is not the solution for the Cavs. Old, selfish, lazy, hold the ball for 15 sec, ISO Melo. GTFOH. I think he just trying to get rid of Melo. Love has his liabilities but he fits better with the Cavs than Melo does. Except you trading Love for KAT or AD, Love staying put. We already got ISO Kyrie. Cavs have won with Love. Their problem is defense and hustle and depth.
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My thing is this.. The knicks don't necessarily need to bring love in.. Do a 3 way.. Get another team involved and pick up a lottery pick and spare parts..
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If the Cavs get Melo, I hope gsw smack them ? next year
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://awfulannouncing.com/nba/stephon-marburys-chinese-biopic-crazy-trailer.html
    Stephon Marbury’s Chinese biopic starring Stephon Marbury has a crazy trailer

Nearly one year after news of a Chinese biopic about former NBA star Stephon Marbury was reported, a trailer for the film is now available. The movie is titled My Other Home and follows Marbury’s experiences playing professional basketball in China, which he’s been doing for the past eight years. Making this biopic more notable is that Marbury, 40, is playing himself.

But if there was any thought that My Other Home would essentially be a made-for-TV movie, the trailer for the movie might convince you otherwise. This looks surprisingly intense, chronicling the journey that took Marbury to China after 13 seasons in the NBA. Based on what’s shown in the trailer, those NBA days might not be portrayed in the film, but there does appear to be some flashback to a young Marbury and a coach who was highly influential for him (played by Frankie Faison, last seen in Luke Cage).

Otherwise, Marbury’s playing career in China — and the role which basketball plays in the culture — seem to be prominently featured in the trailer, with Baron Davis presumably portraying another former NBA star who’s a rival for Marbury in the Chinese Basketball Association. (Allen Iverson reportedly has a role in the film as well, though he’s not seen in this preview.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vlb9oaeqio
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    CJ wrote: »
    Really don't won't blake

Nope

Another player I might be interested in that I forgot to mention is Jamychal Green from Memphis

I thought he was going to be like Bismack Biyomobo last postseason and earn himself a lot of bread however he didnt really have a great series against San Antonio but he was still very solid

Good defender and shot the 3 ball at 38% during the season and 44% during the playoffs

Hes a RFA and I can also see some team overpaying for him(hopefully not Houston) but it pretty much comes down to Memphis in regards to who they want to keep out of Green, Z-Bo, Tony Allen and Vince Carter
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    STUCK IN A CASUAL B-BALL CONVO WITH SOME OLD WASHED UP ? HELP MEEE!!!

"LEBRON JAMES SHOULD OF WENT TO COLLEGE"

"YOU SEE THE PASSES LEBRON THROWS COMPARED TO OSCAR ROBERSON THERE TO HARD HIS PLAYERS CAN'T CATCH THEM"

OSCAR ROBERSON TRIPPLE DON'T DOUBLE WAS MORE IMPRESSIVE BECAUSE HE ONLY SHOT 2S

" BACK IN THE DAY I USE TO PLAY WIT....."

Take this ? to the nba thread

Shut yo ? up

Cool. What's going on with the Knicks man

Not a got dam thing worth mentioning what's going with both your teams

Do you think DSJ will be there for y'all and if not do you draft nitikina or monk?

Nitikina is who Phil and Steve Mills seem to be leading to but Mavs apparently like him too.
  • Beta
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »

"YOU SEE THE PASSES LEBRON THROWS COMPARED TO OSCAR ROBERSON THERE TO HARD HIS PLAYERS CAN'T CATCH THEM"

Shut yo ? up

Do you think DSJ will be there for y'all and if not do you draft nitikina or monk?

Nitikina is who Phil and Steve Mills seem to be leading to but Mavs apparently like him too.

I heard Phil was jumping into workouts imposing his will lol

Knicks been linked to those two guys and monk
  • AZTG
    edited June 2017
    Options

Shut yo ? up

From what I seen, I would love for them to take monk, but I dont think anyone is expecting him to be available at 8.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://awfulannouncing.com/hbo/david-stern-calls-bryant-gumbel-an-idiot-for-plantation-overseer-remarks-offers-advice-for-espn.html
    David Stern on “idiot” Bryant Gumbel: “I have done more for people of color than he has”

Former NBA commissioner David Stern has been the focus of plenty of criticism over the years, but some of the harshest and most backlash-provoking came from HBO Real Sports host Bryant Gumbel during the 2011 NBA lockout, where Gumbel said on his show that Stern was “infamously egocentric” and that he “has always seemed eager to be viewed as some kind of modern plantation overseer, treating NBA men as if they were his boys.” Stern recently looked back on that controversy and a whole lot more, including ESPN’s current struggles, in an almost-two-hour podcast interview with Nunyo Demasio (a long-time sports journalist for Newsday, The New York Times, The New York Daily News, The Seattle Times, The Washington Post and Sports Illustrated, as well as the author of Parcells: A Football Life) that was recorded back in March but released this past week. Here’s the podcast; Stern’s comments on Gumbel come at 65:30, and his ESPN comments are at 33:45.

Here’s a transcription of Stern’s comments on Gumbel:

Nunyo Demasio: “How did it make you feel when Bryant Gumbel dubbed you ‘a modern plantation overseer?'”

David Stern: “My reaction was that Bryant Gumbel is an idiot and that I considered it a badge of honor. He was repeating something that the players’ representatives had said in the middle of a lockout. He was just regurgitating something. He’s the same guy that did a feature on our players and tried to sensationalize their nightlife. And, you know, even though he happens to be black, he was talking about our guys and the women they hang out with, et cetera. I have no respect for him, so that didn’t upset me at all.”

ND: “Wow, that comes as kind of a surprise, because I felt he kind of went in.”

DS: “No, he wasn’t the first. When you’re involved in a couple of harsh couple of collective bargaining agreements and negotiations and lockouts, you’re going to get the race card played against you. But that never bothered me.”

ND: “Got you. Even though it’s a little different coming from him because of who he is, and the platform?”

DS: “My response was ‘I have done more for people of color than he has.'”

ND:”Wow. Okay. Another criticism he had made, he criticized you for the dress code, he said you like to keep the hired hands in their place.”

DS: “Of course, of course.”

ND: “I feel, I’m sure there are a lot of white people who worked for you who would say you kept them in their place, that’s my guess.”

DS: “[Laughs], No, I would just encourage them to be all they could be. But you know what, the dress code, it’s actually quite funny. And Bryant Gumbel is sufficiently ignorant that he probably couldn’t tell you what the dress code is. With the dress code that I put into place, with the full knowledge and consent of the union even though they ran away from it as soon as I did it, was if you come into the arena, come in wearing shoes, jeans and a shirt with a collar, let’s show our respect for the game. And if you’re not in uniform, you’re on the bench, you had to wear a jacket. It raised some important issues, we had to decide how we would rule a leisure suit for a player who wanted to do that, but it was not a big deal. And our players were so well-defined physically that they took it to the next level.”

ND: “Right. And I was just about to say, I’m sure neither you nor the players who hated it at the time ever realized the opportunities it would generate because now NBA players have fashion brands, they get endorsement deals…it’s so ironic.”

DS: “Yeah. I remember getting killed because of it, they were doing cartoons of me, putting me in gold chains and stuff, but the reality was, it didn’t take long and our players went way past it. If you’re Russell Westbrook or Kevin Durant or Tyson Chandler or James Harden, you take pride in who you are, how you’re built, how you dress. And actually, it’s really part of what I’m proudest of. Our players, who had the worst reputation in sports when we all started this journey, they were in the basement of the pyramid, I’d say, and now they’re at the top of the pyramid. That gives me great pride every day. People listen to them, respect them, expect them to do the right thing. They work in their neighborhoods, they work for their communities, they speak out on issues, that’s exactly what we wished for.”

DavidSternDrownWater.gif
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Shut yo ? up

Nit actually hasn't officially worked out with them but rumors of an unofficial one instead and he's currently in the finals for his team overseas so he can't right now anyway. Monk and Jackson are also players that have been looked at but like AZTG said doubtful he drops that low to us.
  • Beta
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »

Shut yo ? up

From what I seen, I would love for them to take monk, but I dont think anyone is expecting him to be available at 8.

I saw mocks having him as low as 10 for w/e reason

I even saw a mock that had y'all talking him over frank and the kings picking DSJ at 6
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »

Shut yo ? up

If the Sixers pass on him there's a good chance he's there at 8.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    5th Letter wrote: »
    My team needs to make some moves to at least try to be competitive to tide us over until we own our draft picks again.

The Blazers have first round picks available to teams who are willing to assist them in cap relief. The Nets should jump on that. Eat Evan Turners contract in order to get the 20th pick. Swing for the fences with your three firsts or package one or two of them + Lopez to move up into the lottery. Lucky for you they own thier 2019 pick where the top 2 players look like generational talents.

If we're trying to be "competitive" then we gotta keep Lopez, and trading for Evan Turner while giving Lopez defeats the purpose.

Whats the point of you trying to be competitive? You should be trying to acquire as many assets as possible. Lopez is almost 30 and the closer he gets to FA the more value you lose with him in a potential trade.

Like I said in order to get one of those Portland first round picks you would have to eat a bad contract and with your team currently stuck in the mud talking on a bad contract wouldn't hinder you much at all. By the time your ready to be "competitive" again Turners contract should be off the books.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Why not think about moving Kyrie to the two spot and let him play his natural position. He ain't no pg imo. The question is can he take the punishment on the defensive end by other 2 guards.

Then go get a pass first defensive pg.