Options

Comments

• trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JJ_Evans wrote: »
    Damn, him and 21 Savage basically put out the same 1st week numbers. Not good.

So none of you Meek followers gonna explain this catastrophe?

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=307650
    (Debut) Lana Del Rey (Interscope) 85-90k SPS, 60-65k album

(Debut) Meek Mill (Atlantic) 85-90k SPS, 40-45k album

(Debut) Tyler, the Creator (Odd Future/Columbia) 80-85k SPS, 48-53k album

Kendrick Lamar (TDE/Interscope) 50-55k SPS, 17-20k album

Jay-Z (Roc Nation) 48-53k SPS, 28-32k album

Not only did 21 Savage's debut week basically equal Meek, but Tyler The Creator sold more albums than Meek in their debut weeks..........LOL

giphy.gif

That's a shame Tyler been mia 4 a while now
    Meek got 3 mixtapes hot singles an Tyler still up on em smh
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    ChiCity wrote: »
    DaBull wrote: »
    meek did 170 on debut

then did 250 on follow up

now he at 85-90...meaning cats like Big Sean is gonna double his sales (Sean did like 150-160 last album)

he wont be rolling 30 deep for long....that gets expensive
    Stop it b, Sean on did 85 first week also

No one outside of the HEAVY HITTERS with a growing following are grabbing sales like that. Everyone else (the Seans, the Meeks, they Tylers, the Wales, the Ross's, the 2 Chainz) is eating off they core fans.

No doubt the beef with Drake hurt him. Mainly because unlike other generations of hip hop fans, these kids to today hold grudges like the single mothers that raised them

? 's was hell bent on not even listening based off the fact he beefed with Drake, broke up with Nicki, fell off some damn stairs.

The music speaks tho, it's his best album IMO and the ? easily has more replay value than every album out not titled Damn or 4:44.

Nobody stopped listening to Meek because of that ? . ? still hyped is last mixtape and the Meekend Music series he did. If anything turned fans away it was Meek self admitted lunchin out on the internet too damn much over every little thing
  • trendsetta1030
    Options
    gee757 wrote: »
    wow, meek neck and neck with Tyler Creator for sales

life comes at you fast !!

Hey u gotta remember 90% of Tyler fanbase is not hip hop & is white & they buy albums.....meek doing over 75k is a good look for a blk street rapper that supposedly career is over...yes it's a drop off cuz he lost the hip pop crowd when ethered drizzy outta hip hop wit Twitter fingers & broke up wit nikki......but as u see ? sells meek bounced back with a solid album...

That doesn't mean ? . Tyler historically doesn't ? 100K first week. And even in this current scenario with streaming and youtube views and single sales he is only getting 80K according to projections. There is no excuse for someone like meek who has always sold better than tyler not to beat tyler again this time around.

Thats no excuse Tyler is rappin about kissing white boys ? is not listening to that Oreo rap ? .......meek is not tryna get the white buying crowd like Tyler rappin that cracka weirdo ? ....meek doing 75k or better the 1st wk is great for a blk street rapper plus ? sells wins and losses is slapping

Do you buckle b4 you ride?
  • Cinco
    Cinco Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Album wise, Not better than Dreams & Nightmares (2012) but it's nice

Meek be killin ? on his intros
    Albums + Mixtapes
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    meek did 170 on debut

now he at 85-90...meaning cats like Big Sean is gonna double his sales (Sean did like 150-160 last album)

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2017/02/big-sean-i-decided-billboard-no-1/
    Big Sean used to use “I look up” as a pre-verse ad-lib, but he presently has no one to look up to since his I Decided. album debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart. Following the success of his previous release, 2015’s Dark Sky Paradise, the first week numbers give Sean the second No. 1 album of his career.
    I Decided. moved 151,000 equivalent units in its first week, 65,000 of which were traditional album sales. Dark Sky Paradise meanwhile, debuted at 173,000, traditional album sales totaling out at 139,000.

Read More: Big Sean’s ‘I Decided.’ Album Lands at No. 1 on Billboard Chart - XXL | http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2017/02/big-sean-i-decided-billboard-no-1/?trackback=tsmclip

no cape , i like the album. but dont switch the narrative, meek was selling 170k with hurricane sandy killing the northeast, then he talked big smack with that 250 last album

he been lapped by rappers that he was ahead of

Big Sean close to doubling him up, thats facts.
  • Big Dream
    Big Dream Members Posts: 46
    Options
    The GOAT Meek Mill Can't be stopped! Keep buying and streaming!
  • mosincredible
    mosincredible Members Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn, him and 21 Savage basically put out the same 1st week numbers. Not good.

So none of you Meek followers gonna explain this catastrophe?

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=307650
    (Debut) Lana Del Rey (Interscope) 85-90k SPS, 60-65k album

(Debut) Meek Mill (Atlantic) 85-90k SPS, 40-45k album

(Debut) Tyler, the Creator (Odd Future/Columbia) 80-85k SPS, 48-53k album

Kendrick Lamar (TDE/Interscope) 50-55k SPS, 17-20k album

Jay-Z (Roc Nation) 48-53k SPS, 28-32k album

Not only did 21 Savage's debut week basically equal Meek, but Tyler The Creator sold more albums than Meek in their debut weeks..........LOL

giphy.gif

That's a shame Tyler been mia 4 a while now
    Meek got 3 mixtapes hot singles an Tyler still up on em smh

And Tyler album leaked 2 weeks early
  • Big Dream
    Big Dream Members Posts: 46
    Options
    Meek Selling 150K plus!
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited July 2017
    Options

Hey u gotta remember 90% of Tyler fanbase is not hip hop & is white & they buy albums.....meek doing over 75k is a good look for a blk street rapper that supposedly career is over...yes it's a drop off cuz he lost the hip pop crowd when ethered drizzy outta hip hop wit Twitter fingers & broke up wit nikki......but as u see ? sells meek bounced back with a solid album...

That doesn't mean ? . Tyler historically doesn't ? 100K first week. And even in this current scenario with streaming and youtube views and single sales he is only getting 80K according to projections. There is no excuse for someone like meek who has always sold better than tyler not to beat tyler again this time around.

Thats no excuse Tyler is rappin about kissing white boys ? is not listening to that Oreo rap ? .......meek is not tryna get the white buying crowd like Tyler rappin that cracka weirdo ? ....meek doing 75k or better the 1st wk is great for a blk street rapper plus ? sells wins and losses is slapping

Talking homosexual flairs or tendencies in rap doesn't boost sales. Young Thug is on covers with dresses calling himself "thugger girl" and flops. Same with tyler the creator who has always had weird and questionable content white suburban kids loved but never cracks 100K.

Meek who strictly speaks to the streets easily does 100K plus first week for nearly every project. So the fact tyler is head to head this week with meek and still under 100K doesn't give meek an excuse that tyler has the white suburban fanbase.

Y r u even comparing a Oreo cracka rapper like Tyler to a blk street rapper like meek mill??? Do u know how goofy ya sounding??? Blk street rappers don't do big number s n this day & age over 75k the 1st wk is a W for meek imo
  • trendsetta1030
    Options

Talking homosexual flairs or tendencies in rap doesn't boost sales. Young Thug is on covers with dresses calling himself "thugger girl" and flops. Same with tyler the creator who has always had weird and questionable content white suburban kids loved but never cracks 100K.

Meek who strictly speaks to the streets easily does 100K plus first week for nearly every project. So the fact tyler is head to head this week with meek and still under 100K doesn't give meek an excuse that tyler has the white suburban fanbase.

Y r u even comparing a Oreo cracka rapper like Tyler to a blk street rapper like meek mill??? Do u know how goofy ya sounding??? Blk street rappers don't do big number s n this day & age over 75k the 1st wk is a W for meek imo

Gwop in a perfect situation jeezy is 2 chief keef koo an durk workin on his sophomore herb about to drop tf you talmbout bao!
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Meek mill acting like a hoe when it comes to DJ akademiks. Last year Akademiks was promoting meek mill snippets from DC4 on instagram and the comments were always clowning meek. So meek and the crew messaged akademiks saying to stop posting snippets due to the negative comments.

So now meek got an album out and he is mad at akademiks for not covering Wins and Losses on instagram? ? outta here lmao.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    meek a ? . he gotta check in with me when he comes to my city
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    meek did 170 on debut

No one outside of the HEAVY HITTERS with a growing following are grabbing sales like that. Everyone else (the Seans, the Meeks, they Tylers, the Wales, the Ross's, the 2 Chainz) is eating off they core fans.

No doubt the beef with Drake hurt him. Mainly because unlike other generations of hip hop fans, these kids to today hold grudges like the single mothers that raised them

? 's was hell bent on not even listening based off the fact he beefed with Drake, broke up with Nicki, fell off some damn stairs.

The music speaks tho, it's his best album IMO and the ? easily has more replay value than every album out not titled Damn or 4:44.

Nobody stopped listening to Meek because of that ?
    . ? still hyped is last mixtape and the Meekend Music series he did. If anything turned fans away it was Meek self admitted lunchin out on the internet too damn much over every little thing
    While I agree with the rest, the bolded is false

I personally know quite a few ppl that don't ? with Meek because of the ? I mentioned prior. Granted, these weren't Meek super fans to begin with but they were at least checking for him.

After the aforementioned things, even during DC4, I heard, ? Meek. He emotional (why he break up with Nicki), he can't rap (who beefs with the biggest artist out *Drake*).

I won't even say Meek had the craziest following on here, but ? went from he cool but he loud to HE LOUD, he this he that. This thread alone spent more time talking about Meek personally than the album.

I don't see how an unbiased listener can deny this album. Meek on his ? with this one. Might literally be his most complete project to date.

The growth is crazy. I ain't saying he a crazy super duper lyrical miracle rapper but the ? is so easy to digest. He hug his lane so hard it reminds me still of DMX.

So yeah, while a lot of things hurt his image (Social media), the fact is that fans can't move past his perceived 'Ls'. Even when the music is good.

His album is nice is all I'm trying say. I think the album is hella nice.
  • Chi Snow
    Options
    meek did 170 on debut

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2017/02/big-sean-i-decided-billboard-no-1/
    Big Sean used to use “I look up” as a pre-verse ad-lib, but he presently has no one to look up to since his I Decided. album debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart. Following the success of his previous release, 2015’s Dark Sky Paradise, the first week numbers give Sean the second No. 1 album of his career.
    I Decided. moved 151,000 equivalent units in its first week, 65,000 of which were traditional album sales. Dark Sky Paradise meanwhile, debuted at 173,000, traditional album sales totaling out at 139,000.

Read More: Big Sean’s ‘I Decided.’ Album Lands at No. 1 on Billboard Chart - XXL | http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2017/02/big-sean-i-decided-billboard-no-1/?trackback=tsmclip

no cape , i like the album. but dont switch the narrative, meek was selling 170k with hurricane sandy killing the northeast, then he talked big smack with that 250 last album

he been lapped by rappers that he was ahead of

Big Sean close to doubling him up, thats facts.
    I stand corrected
  • gee757
    Options
    Big Sean got a trak wit the shady Klansmen so white supremacy accepts him now meek has not & will not sell out like that for record sells........ Wins and losses is a dope hip hop album wit no Quentin Miller s involved

• Chi Snow
    Options
    Big Sean got a trak wit the shady Klansmen so white supremacy accepts him now meek has not & will not sell out like that for record sells........ Wins and losses is a dope hip hop album wit no Quentin Miller s involved
    Nah, you being delusional and bias

Sean making anthems that could be played on commercials and movies and that's why he selling

IDFWU ain't have ? to do with Eminem, it was an anthem. The same could be said for Bounce Back.

Lol I don't know why I even bother posting in here (Reason), there's only the extreme of the spectrum a majority of the time
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Why the ? are we discussing Sean? He’s whack as ? and Meek is not. Who still gives a ? about sales? Your favorite mumble rapper that gets 24/7 spins can’t break the 90k barrier.

Meek is doing hip hop numbers which is fine. White fans have been dictating the direction of our culture for too damn long. Let them jump on and inflate the next bandwagon
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sean >>>> meek but ur right

Let's stop trying to make meek the only artist who's sales y'all irrationally criticize besides Ross
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DarthRozay wrote: »

@illedout your name on the list now too pleighboi
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This forum ain't nothing but a bunch of DJ Akademics ? care more about numbers then if the album hot or not..... Only bout 5 rappers doing 250k first week these days Meek not one of them but neither is 99% of other rappers why does that matter
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@illedout your name on the list now too pleighboi

Bruh you live in Montana some where,
    I ain't coming through there no time soon..
  • trendsetta1030
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    This forum ain't nothing but a bunch of DJ Akademics ? care more about numbers then if the album hot or not..... Only bout 5 rappers doing 250k first week these days Meek not one of them but neither is 99% of other rappers why does that matter

But that's what makes jay z the goat his sales not his talent
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »

But that's what makes jay z the goat his sales not his talent

? , shut yo goofy ass up. Smh.
  • gee757
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Nah, you being delusional and bias

Sean making anthems that could be played on commercials and movies and that's why he selling

IDFWU ain't have ? to do with Eminem, it was an anthem. The same could be said for Bounce Back.

Lol I don't know why I even bother posting in here (Reason), there's only the extreme of the spectrum a majority of the time

Nah.....Sean has records wit crackkka s like feminem & Justin Bieber so he's gonna sell more then meek cuz he's sold out/crossed over......meek is a blk street rapper Sean is a blk pop rapper & Tyler is a Oreo cracka rapper there is really no comparing the 3...

• Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn this ? goes