Meek Mill - Wins And Losses (Official Studio Album and Movie Thread) 7/21

Options

Comments

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    gee757 wrote: »
    Tyler rappin about kissing white boys paid off his numbers r no surprise he's appealing to the buying crowd.....this is a win for meek doing 86k the 1st wk those r great numbers for a blk street rapper.... I c squares wanna compare dc4 sells wit this but there is no Nikki on w&l like dc4 so meek doing 80k+ the 1st wk being a blk street rapper is great this album has legs too go at least gold....that plat look was a 1 time thing for meek when he was wit the Barbie & the barbs & chammy/Ken dolls getting them popstar numbers...

Meeks 1st album did 165 K without streaming counting toward offical sales and this as pre nikki. ? outta here. Meek should have at least cleared 100K. Tyler as well has never sold well when more white people were ? with him off the initial buzz of his crew. Since then less and less white kids been ? with him.
    This forum ain't nothing but a bunch of DJ Akademics ? care more about numbers then if the album hot or not..... Only bout 5 rappers doing 250k first week these days Meek not one of them but neither is 99% of other rappers why does that matter

Nobody expected meek to do 250K. However if he can't ? 100K after the momentum from DC4 that is a failure. Meeks last album sold very very well. I think it just went plat as well. But to do under 100K and get beat by tyler is an L. Now idk what the final numbers are but anything over 100K is a win for meek.

You can't brag about jays sales records in the 4:44 and then not consider sales as part of the equation of this album. Now the album is decent content wise. But how the public responds to it via sales and streams is another aspect.

? FOH if he do 97k we calling it a fail over 3 extra K??? Give it a rest y'all put to much stock in it.... I gave props to Jay for having 13 #1 albums I wasn't caring about the exact number he sold ? ain't that big a deal in a era where ain't but 5 rappers that can sell big..... Anything in THIS climate 90k+ is a win for any rapper not named Jay, Drake, Kdot, Cole, or Ye and MAYBE Nicki

Meek sold 87K of DC4 when you could stream it on mixtape sites. His first album without streams did over 100K during the same week up here in the northeast ? lost power and hurricanes flodded ? from Jersey to Massachusetts. If his official album can't clear 100K then he ain't ? . Looks like people on here saying he did high 80s.

You still bringing up old ? like the climate in album sells are the same.... Drake went from 1 mill first week to half that with More Life Jay official first week numbers where it was available every was 500k with MCHG and 270k with 444..... Albums ain't selling the same so why are you comparing his sells to a time when this ain't even the same climate??? ? said he ain't ? like he finna get dropped or something lol

More life was a playlist not an album. It was promoted differently and not as readily available in physical form and on other streaming sites off the rip. Hence why it sold less.

Same climate? Now you get streams and single sales and youtube ? to count toward your first week numbers. That's why Kendrick sold better first week with DAMN that he did with GKMC. Thats why Cole sold better first week in december with For Your Eyez Only than he did with his debut sideline story. That's why Big Seans last 2 albums sold better than Finally famous and Hall of Fame which didn't get stream counts.

Now i know Meek won't sale as well as those artists but he should have at least cleared 100K for this album with streaming counting. I understand meek doesn't have ken barbs buying this album like DWMTM. But if meek can't get close to his debut album numbers . The streams counting changed everything. That's why meek should have at least cleared 100K.
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Tyler rappin about kissing white boys paid off his numbers r no surprise he's appealing to the buying crowd.....this is a win for meek doing 86k the 1st wk those r great numbers for a blk street rapper.... I c squares wanna compare dc4 sells wit this but there is no Nikki on w&l like dc4 so meek doing 80k+ the 1st wk being a blk street rapper is great this album has legs too go at least gold....that plat look was a 1 time thing for meek when he was wit the Barbie & the barbs & chammy/Ken dolls getting them popstar numbers...

Meeks 1st album did 165 K without streaming counting toward offical sales and this as pre nikki. ? outta here. Meek should have at least cleared 100K. Tyler as well has never sold well when more white people were ? with him off the initial buzz of his crew. Since then less and less white kids been ? with him.
    This forum ain't nothing but a bunch of DJ Akademics ? care more about numbers then if the album hot or not..... Only bout 5 rappers doing 250k first week these days Meek not one of them but neither is 99% of other rappers why does that matter

Nobody expected meek to do 250K. However if he can't ? 100K after the momentum from DC4 that is a failure. Meeks last album sold very very well. I think it just went plat as well. But to do under 100K and get beat by tyler is an L. Now idk what the final numbers are but anything over 100K is a win for meek.

You can't brag about jays sales records in the 4:44 and then not consider sales as part of the equation of this album. Now the album is decent content wise. But how the public responds to it via sales and streams is another aspect.

? FOH if he do 97k we calling it a fail over 3 extra K??? Give it a rest y'all put to much stock in it.... I gave props to Jay for having 13 #1 albums I wasn't caring about the exact number he sold ? ain't that big a deal in a era where ain't but 5 rappers that can sell big..... Anything in THIS climate 90k+ is a win for any rapper not named Jay, Drake, Kdot, Cole, or Ye and MAYBE Nicki

Meek sold 87K of DC4 when you could stream it on mixtape sites. His first album without streams did over 100K during the same week up here in the northeast ? lost power and hurricanes flodded ? from Jersey to Massachusetts. If his official album can't clear 100K then he ain't ? . Looks like people on here saying he did high 80s.

You still bringing up old ? like the climate in album sells are the same.... Drake went from 1 mill first week to half that with More Life Jay official first week numbers where it was available every was 500k with MCHG and 270k with 444..... Albums ain't selling the same so why are you comparing his sells to a time when this ain't even the same climate??? ? said he ain't ? like he finna get dropped or something lol

More life was a playlist not an album. It was promoted differently and not as readily available in physical form and on other streaming sites off the rip. Hence why it sold less.

Same climate? Now you get streams and single sales and youtube ? to count toward your first week numbers. That's why Kendrick sold better first week with DAMN that he did with GKMC. Thats why Cole sold better first week in december with For Your Eyez Only than he did with his debut sideline story. That's why Big Seans last 2 albums sold better than Finally famous and Hall of Fame which didn't get stream counts.

Now i know Meek won't sale as well as those artists but he should have at least cleared 100K for this album with streaming counting. I understand meek doesn't have ken barbs buying this album like DWMTM. But if meek can't get close to his debut album numbers . The streams counting changed everything. That's why meek should have at least cleared 100K.

Foh with that "playlist" especially since you'll was clowning Meek for his sells of a free mixtape let's knock it off..... Everybody with sense knew Meek wasn't finna blow away with these sales 99% of rappers don't these days I would expect Meek to do 100k but if he in the 90's what's the problem??? ? I don't care if he's in the 80's it's Meek dafuq do his sells matter for when he's not viewed as a big seller to begin with

Meek still gonna drop albums after this he still gonna have a fan base so if he don't sell what YOU expect him to sale wtf is that suppose to mean is he suppose to retire becuz he ain't sell what you thought he would??? Only ppl sales I look at are the big sellers idgaf what other ppl sale becuz I have low expectations for them all anyways
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all been talking bout sales for 10 pages, how the album sound damn
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Your pushing it erry jay album was not no1… specially since he buys 1mill copy as soon as he drops been doing it since the dynasty

Ok bruh Blueprint has 2 million sales right now you telling me Jay bought half of em to date??? Smmfh

Don't pay that goof troop ? no mind. That ? is the epitome of "...? wake up on my ? , eat some breakfast first."

I think he's a ? for Jay-Z and has repressed feelings that he can't work out.
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Lololololol

This a major L
    this cat had his WHOLE album on youtube and the front page of tidal for FREE streaming to boost his sales and still couldn't ? 90k

he literally had 37k physical sales , rest were streams (boosted from youtube, and tidal putting it on main sites)

from 250k to 80k in 2 years

dc4 (mixtape) selling exact SAME as your studio album, that had promotion everywhere. ? made a win and loss movie and was doing more interviews than clinton before the election.

harsh realities !!!

never forget Meek always spoke on his sales before he got lapped by cats like Big Sean and now Tyler

x3heb1yo6swv.jpg

don't forget the cancelled gotti tour
    tough year !
  • trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »

Your pushing it erry jay album was not no1… specially since he buys 1mill copy as soon as he drops been doing it since the dynasty

Ok bruh Blueprint has 2 million sales right now you telling me Jay bought half of em to date??? Smmfh

Don't pay that goof troop ? no mind. That ? is the epitome of "...? wake up on my ? , eat some breakfast first."

Get yo goofy as tfoh I ? wit jay you can check other threads but tha way ya try an ? ride bao like he's tha goat is brazy only in tha east coast jay gets no love in tha west an barely in tha south… facts!
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    My pockets would like to know where can I sign up to have a tough year like meek lol

Y'all wild, it ain't like meek is troy ass now lmao
  • trendsetta1030
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I be "sonning " you ny/east coast bias mfs… facts!
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options

Foh with that "playlist" especially since you'll was clowning Meek for his sells of a free mixtape let's knock it off..... Everybody with sense knew Meek wasn't finna blow away with these sales 99% of rappers don't these days I would expect Meek to do 100k but if he in the 90's what's the problem??? ? I don't care if he's in the 80's it's Meek dafuq do his sells matter for when he's not viewed as a big seller to begin with

Meek still gonna drop albums after this he still gonna have a fan base so if he don't sell what YOU expect him to sale wtf is that suppose to mean is he suppose to retire becuz he ain't sell what you thought he would??? Only ppl sales I look at are the big sellers idgaf what other ppl sale becuz I have low expectations for them all anyways

? you are turning into gee Jr. lmao. DC4 was a solid mixtape and looking back it sold pretty damn well to be openly on mixtape sites. I never said meek should blow away sales. It's not much to ask a rapper with meeks platform and fanbaes to do 100K sales plus streaming. He didn't do it. It's not the end of the world nor does it take away from what the album was a decent album i give a 7.9 out of 10. However it is still a shortcoming sales wise in my opinion.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah im tagging alll the mmg ? riders in my albums threads from this point on.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    I ? with "Heavy Heart" hard and "Fall Through" shrugs
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My pockets would like to know where can I sign up to have a tough year like meek lol

Y'all wild, it ain't like meek is troy ass now lmao

Stop it
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
  • Like Water
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »

Get yo goofy as tfoh I ? wit jay you can check other threads but tha way ya try an ? ride bao like he's tha goat is brazy only in tha east coast jay gets no love in tha west an barely in tha south… facts!

Idgaf where a ? gets love. I just know you're an annoying ? ? .
  • GetoBoy
    edited July 2017
    Options

? you are turning into gee Jr. lmao. DC4 was a solid mixtape and looking back it sold pretty damn well to be openly on mixtape sites. I never said meek should blow away sales. It's not much to ask a rapper with meeks platform and fanbaes to do 100K sales plus streaming. He didn't do it. It's not the end of the world nor does it take away from what the album was a decent album i give a 7.9 out of 10. However it is still a shortcoming sales wise in my opinion.

? that's what I'm saying the sales don't matter so wtf you harping on them for??? He came up short of your expectations in sales what does it matter??? Sales conversations should be had with big sellers y'all talking about Meek sells then in the same breathe saying it's not a big deal..... If it's not a big deal dafuq you making it a big deal for

And save the corny gee jokes it makes you come across as lamer then you already appear to be
  • GetoBoy
    edited July 2017
    Options
    This is why I see ppl talking about how ? on the internet is corny any time you not in agreement with them on sum negativity about a rapper you ? rider or sum other ? ? like the only thing that's excepted is when you clown a rapper..... If you don't clown Meek then you a Meek stan the ? sales don't mean a damn thing to me he could sale one album or a million I wouldn't care.....if they matter to you then it's probably becuz you a natural born hater
  • trendsetta1030
    Options
    Yeah im tagging alll the mmg ? riders in my albums threads from this point on.

Point out were buddy I don't like Ross
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who the ? cares about sales....when the music hits your ears are you ignoring the music and thinking about how many other ppl bought the album? That's some trend following beta male ?

This isn't defending meek because his actions are so fraudulent and his last 3 projects have been ? so I probably won't ever listen to this album.....but damn sales don't mean the music is quality or not....he himself is worrying about sales like a ? ...its a win if you think you put your heart into the material...meek just as corny as yall using sales as a win or loss
  • x the unknown
    x the unknown Members Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    when people bring money up when talking bout music that's when i leave the conversation
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Listens to the album a couple more times.

Went from solid to very average.

Not even top 5 album this year.
  • Like Water
    Options
    bck145 wrote: »
    Who the ? cares about sales....when the music hits your ears are you ignoring the music and thinking about how many other ppl bought the album? That's some trend following beta male ?

This isn't defending meek because his actions are so fraudulent and his last 3 projects have been ? so I probably won't ever listen to this album.....but damn sales don't mean the music is quality or not....he himself is worrying about sales like a ? ...its a win if you think you put your heart into the material...meek just as corny as yall using sales as a win or loss

It's the best project Meek has had since DC2, imo. I wish he woulda had another Tony's Story type track though. Might be my favorite track from him.

There aren't any real low points, just a few generic joints. A couple highlights. It's a solid piece of work.
  • Like Water
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    Gee I hope you ride this hard for Papoose now that he’s MMG.

When this happen?

Not too long ago. He gotta track/verse somewhere that's not half bad.
  • d1al_t0ne
    d1al_t0ne Members Posts: 270 ✭✭
    Options
    I think it's a respectable first week for Meek. The album is aight. 90K first week is a solid effort and let's keep it real, that reflects his status in rap's hierarchy. As far as quality, some of the ? that dropped already (jay, k.dot) raised the bar for what I'm willing to tolerate this year but it's a good gym album that I can work up a sweat to.

On some real ? though, Meek's career peaked around summer 2015 when Future passed him while he was busy with a nonsense "beef". Think about where Meek and Future was at career wise at the start of 2015 and where they finished December 2015.