Official Star Wars Cinematic Universe Thread: Now Showing : Ep VIII - The Last Jedi (15 Dec)

Options

Comments

• reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Still,sarcasm aside, ? that ? cross guard, ? shoulda been cortess or whatever its called.

tumblr_mmdwexVeG01qd1ozgo1_400.gif
  • reapin505
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Alright some supposed info about the setting character and that damn light saber that was posted on 4chan

-The new Lightsaber is called the Cross Saber.
    -The side sabers are outlets for excess energy since the wielder can't control it well.
    -The Storm Trooper in the beginning is the main character.
    -The female lead is a junker who deals metal and scrap alongside Jawas.
    -The X-Wing fighter is seeking revenge and is a secondary antagonist because of the danger he puts people through.
    -The droid is called B-T-1. It's a mobile transmitter droid. The ball can open, and its head can hide inside.
    -The person with the red lightsaber isn't a sith, but an assassin obsessed with the jedi. He can't use the force, which drives his obsession.
    -Tatooine is the setting for the first 70 minutes of the film.

Its also rumored that that instead of dull ass Tatooine its another dull ass desert planet. Don't take too much of these as face value till someone who cares more confirms with official news.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That trailer looked weak
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not nitpicking but what purpose does it serve?

I can easily see that being used against whoever is wielding it
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _79374401_sw2-boyega.jpg

popped a sith molly now im sweating wooooooo

Black guy as the main character in one of the biggest movie franchises ever.....

BLACK ? ' EXCELLENCE!!!

p.s. ? Ridley Scott

Possibly turned to a jedi at the end? That be Goat.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    reapin505 wrote: »
    tumblr_nfr9wvd0vL1scncwdo1_500.gif

I'm probably gonna get buried for getting my picky internet nerd on, but that light saber with a cross hilt is dumb as ? . They have metal in the universe that could have served the same purpose and actually be practical. Thats too much heat to have that close to a human hand.

Other than that I will wait and see it. Storm trooper helmets looked dope now that I seen em fully. I'll give it a shot though, not holding my breath

9mvZzRk.jpg

...this ? here.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not really a big star wars fan, but this new one is looking good.

SMH at die hard fans, went through years of ? with Lucas and now when a decent film is about to get dropped start nitpicking over crossbars.

Yeah I didn't ? with Star Trek at all but those last 2 movies was dope to me
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ? with that lightsaber. Youd think that wrist guard or w/e you call it would make it possible to stab themselves on accident. At the least take off a thumb.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    _79374401_sw2-boyega.jpg

popped a sith molly now im sweating wooooooo

Black guy as the main character in one of the biggest movie franchises ever.....

BLACK ? ' EXCELLENCE!!!

p.s. ? Ridley Scott

Possibly turned to a jedi at the end? That be Goat.

He's gonna become the sith and his face gets alerted sby the dark side then he wears a mask like Vaderm I know how white people get down
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kame wrote: »

lbctXlk.gif

oooohh im ready for this ? right heere mane

I know that ain't fat joe in a gotdamn suit jumping lol

kofi__woods__big_e_zpsfbkfnnqt.gif

and doing an infomercial that.
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    that crossguard is not going to cut off nobodies hand y'all ? chill with the nerd speculation. i don't believe that script synapses posted before and the droids name is mtd or someshit. this movie isn't debuting for a whole year y'all ? chill!
  • Splackavelli
    Options

man you ? are really realising your inner nerd with this ? . but yeah george lucus would do some ? like this. he did it with the prequel trilogy. i thin the only thing of george lucas that should be attached to starwars is his name. there should be a comity of writers, directors and producers saying "chill george we got this"
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Comity instead of committee though? Lol
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

lbctXlk.gif

I'm jacking this gif bruh.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't expect too much action in this movie though..it has to set up the 2 sequels so ima go in there with phantom menace and a new hope state of mind
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Crackers going to ? smh. I hope he becomes a jedi for real now and just steals the movie.
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

lbctXlk.gif

I know that ain't fat joe in a gotdamn suit jumping lol

kofi__woods__big_e_zpsfbkfnnqt.gif

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/523532/damn-first-juelz-now-fat-joe-outchere-scamming-the-people/p1
  • reapin505
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »
    'Star Wars' Actor John Boyega Has the Perfect Response to Black Stormtrooper Critics

NjBlMzE2NjExMiMvRWIySzlmS0dKOEVjNW1HSzVGS3RLeldPQXlRPS8xMDJ4MzoxMzc2eDYyMy8xMjgweDYyMC9zMy5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL3BvbGljeW1pYy1pbWFnZXMvd3Z0ZHVxenFhajRmZmdyZ3B6N2dyaDBsbGdvZnZ6aXVjbno0c3p2MG45anBrdHJ2ZWozbW9xZWdrODEyenNrcS5qcGc=.jpg

The first human face we see in the new teaser for Star Wars: The Force Awakens is actor John Boyega — and some people aren't too happy about it.

While the trailer for the seventh installment of the epic fantasy all but broke the Internet over the weekend, some Star Wars fans can't seem to wrap their head around the appearance of the Attack the Block star as a black stormtrooper lost in the desert in a galaxy far, far away.

For die-hard Star Wars fans, Boyega's appearance in stormtrooper armor doesn't mesh with the history of the fictional Star Wars universe. After all, aren't all of those stormtroopers meant to be clones of Jango Fett, merciless bounty hunter of Star Wars Episode III: Attack of the Clones, father of the enigmatic Boba Fett in the original trilogy, and decidedly not black? Others compared the trailer to a scene from Mel Brooks' classic 1987 spoof Space ? , while others still offered, um, more interesting critiques.

irony dan @doppelhanger
    Follow
    "The black stormtrooper's name is To'ken, a warrior from the Social Justice squadron."

Boyega offered a classy response to his critics on Instagram on Saturday:

MDMzYzUzNmJmNSMvNmY4NHZjQ0hsb3BTX1FGZGxkNGFGeU9TV1ZvPS8weDA6OTMxeDU4Ny84NDB4NTMwL2ZpbHRlcnM6cXVhbGl0eSg3MCkvaHR0cDovL3MzLmFtYXpvbmF3cy5jb20vcG9saWN5bWljLWltYWdlcy9xazh3YW9tZ3JscnByaW9kdHVrZjZzdGZnMG92bWhycGVkM2Y0NmlwZDlmaGVoZXJkMmVraWR2dnR4bXRuYm9mLmpwZw==.jpg

Boyega's right: Star Wars fans should probably stop obsessing over the significance — narrative or otherwise — of his skin color in the film.

"A black stormtrooper can very well be a black stormtrooper in the Star Wars Galaxy without there being any great significance to it," explains the Atlantic's Kriston Capps in his excellent analysis of race in the Star Wars universe. "What distinguishes the Star Wars universe from the Star Trek universe is the fact that, outside of the goose-stepping ranks of the Imperial military structure, its universe is pretty chill on race, if not totally post-racial. No one in the Rebellion bats an eye when Lando Calrissian and Nien Nunb copilot the Millennium Falcon during the Battle of Endor in The Return of the Jedi, even though the former is a black man from Bespin's Cloud City and the latter a fish-faced smuggler from the humid caves of Sollust. Neither of them appears to mind taking orders from Admiral Ackbar, the high-ranking Mon Calamari military mastermind, either."

So well played, Boyega. We're looking forward to seeing you kick ass come December 2015.

hm01bpr3rc5hxscp5iwkkr0pghkl3rperwwyu6rnhfh05rb2zedhti3dex12z4qp.gif

The thing that these so called hard core star wars fans don't realize is that after the events of episode 3 clones were slowly phased out. They are just racist nerds that feel the equality of people shouldn't even be in fantasy movies with the media giving them more attention than they should.

Also the Sith didn't particularly care for aliens, so they were raciest (spieciest?) Even without the Sith, in the cannon of all that ? that happened for the prequels Humans generally didn't trust aliens and some outright lynched aliens.