Official Star Wars Cinematic Universe Thread: Now Showing : Ep VIII - The Last Jedi (15 Dec)

Options

Comments

• 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fanmade Posters...

sw_episode_vii___teaser_1_by_andrewss7-d6a5ddk.jpg
    sw_episode_vii___teaser_3_by_andrewss7-d6ahhzx.jpg
    sw_episode_vii___teaser_2_by_andrewss7-d6abun6.jpg
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought the rebels destroyed the empire at the end of return of the Hedi
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The rebels won a battle and destroyed the death star 2 and killed the emperor and vader
    that win didn't change the fact that the empire is still in control of practically all of the galaxy.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^I guess the main thing vader did when he killed the emperor was bring balance to the force. even if new movie followed the eu cannon they would still be facing the remnants of the empire.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »

Lol @ the Deathstar in the background
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    Possible New STAR WARS EPISODE VII Plot Details Revealed

Star-Wars-banner.jpg

Star Wars Episode VII is still well over a year away and the plot is currently Disney's worse kept secret with leaks coming in every week or so. Now it's BadAss Digest writer Devin Faraci's turn to give us some new details on the film's plot. Be warned though, if you're not a fan of even the mildest of spoilers, this isn't for you...

According to Faraci the film will open with the iconic Star Wars crawl but rather than the shot moving to a spaceship flying through space the camera will pan to a severed hand grasping a (Jedi) lightsaber. The weapon eventually lands on a desert planet where it is discovered by (eventual heroes) John Boyega and Daisy Ridley. Recognising it to be a Jedi relic they plan to return it to it's owners, taking them into space where they meet Han Solo and Chewbacca piloting a ship that is not the Millenium Falcon.

The pair recognise the lightsaber as Luke Skywalker's, however they haven't seen the Jedi since the events of Return Of The Jedi 30 years ago. This leads the film's protagonists on a search for Luke.

As for the film's villains, while he hasn't mentioned any names, Faraci claims that nefarious forces are creating a super weapon on an icy planet. The weapon is much more powerful than the original's Death Star, capable of destroying entire solar systems!

If true it looks like we'll be in for one odd ride when November of 2015 roles around. What do you think of the details? True or not false and regardless of their validity, do they interest you? Sign off your thoughts on the matter below!

this script is fake remember vader and luke fought in cloud city above planet bespin. bespin is an uninhabitable gaseous planet. cloud city floats above it for the purpose of mining its gas.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ? wit it. That mean everything didn't get tied up in a neat little bow at the end I the last one. I always thought the end was corny
  • 1CK1S
    Options
    Star Wars 7 Plot to Feature Massive Destructive Weapon Sith Planet and No Harrison Ford in Star War 8?

The filming for Star War 7 is in full swing and despite a strict no leak policy, the movie production has suffered massive leaks. However, the cast and crew are yet to confirm any of the rumours.

The latest spoiler report suggests that the most notorious force of the galaxy may feature in the J J Abrams science fiction thriller.

According to Latino Review, the Sith Planet is actually a gigantic weapon which has the potential to destroy entire galaxies and can play a pivotal role in the most waited movie which will hit the theatres during Christmas next year.

The website also speculates that the Skelling Michael Island is actually the location for the Sith Homeworld and the stone huts are in fact the control room of the weapon of destruction.

The website went on to describe the back story of the planet/weapon and claims that "the Sith was founded by a Jedi who practiced moral relativism thousands of years ago."

"He met up with Plagueis and started going by the Sith name Darth Ruin. He split off to unite the Sith tribes under the Dark Side of The Force," the website report reads.

Meanwhile Kpopstarz reports that the eighth sequel to the fan favourite movie will not include two of the most popular persons in the movie including the director J J Abrams and Harrison Ford (Han Solo).

According to the website report, Disney and Lucasfilm will have a new director for Star War 8 and it will not feature the original star cast.

George Lucas's Star Wars Episode VII is scheduled to be released on December 18, 2015.
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Star Wars 7 Plot to Feature Massive Destructive Weapon Sith Planet and No Harrison Ford in Star War 8?

The filming for Star War 7 is in full swing and despite a strict no leak policy, the movie production has suffered massive leaks. However, the cast and crew are yet to confirm any of the rumours.

The latest spoiler report suggests that the most notorious force of the galaxy may feature in the J J Abrams science fiction thriller.

According to Latino Review, the Sith Planet actually a gigantic weapon which has the potential to destroy entire galaxies and can play a pivotal role in the most waited movie which will hit the theatres during Christmas next year.

The website also speculates that the Skelling Michael Island is actually the location for the Sith Homeworld and the stone huts are in fact the control room of the weapon of destruction.

The website went on to describe the back story of the planet/weapon and claims that "the Sith was founded by a Jedi who practiced moral relativism thousands of years ago."

"He met up with Plagueis and started going by the Sith name Darth Ruin. He split off to unite the Sith tribes under the Dark Side of The Force," the website report reads.

Meanwhile Kpopstarz reports that the eighth sequel to the fan favourite movie will not include two of the most popular persons in the movie including the director J J Abrams and Harrison Ford (Han Solo).

According to the website report, Disney and Lucasfilm will have a new director for Star War 8 and it will not feature the original star cast.

George Lucas's Star Wars Episode VII is scheduled to be released on December 18, 2015.

I really wish that disney didn't get rid of the established lore of Star Wars. They just needed to clean up what happened after the emperor and vader died, they didn't need to ? up the 4000 years before the clone wars. They supposedly changed the name of Korriban to Moriban or some ? too. The games and comics that took place before the trilogies made a lot more sense than the sith planet being a ? weapon. They are just doing this ? for the money that the nostalgia will bring in, they don't care about the series.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    reapin505 wrote: »

According to Latino Review, the Sith Planet actually a gigantic weapon which has the potential to destroy entire galaxies and can play a pivotal role in the most waited movie which will hit the theatres during Christmas next year.

I really wish that disney didn't get rid of the established lore of Star Wars. They just needed to clean up what happened after the emperor and vader died, they didn't need to ? up the 4000 years before the clone wars. They supposedly changed the name of Korriban to Moriban or some ? too. The games and comics that took place before the trilogies made a lot more sense than the sith planet being a ? weapon. They are just doing this ? for the money that the nostalgia will bring in, they don't care about the series.

That EU ? was never official man, so you can't fault movie makers for not wanting to cut and paste what was developed there. Wait til this ? comes out and judge it on its own merit. Don't condemn it because it's not something it was never meant to be to begin with.
  • reapin505
    edited September 2014
    Options
    reapin505 wrote: »

That EU ? was never official man, so you can't fault movie makers for not wanting to cut and paste what was developed there. Wait til this ? comes out and judge it on its own merit. Don't condemn it because it's not something it was never meant to be to begin with.

Parts of the old republic that was looked over before by the lore team at LucasArts was official. Revan was even gonna be in the clone wars series.I can give a ? about what happened after Episode 6 in the EU(even though some of the stories there were also good), I am more concerned about the stories before Episode 1. I'll see it but I ain't holding high hopes for it. Just doesn't make sense for Disney to throw 40 years of books and games out the window I think. I hope they keep some of the ? at least. They've kept Darth Bane; changed his look granted, but thats good, just hope they keep more of the history the same instead of ? it up.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Speaking of the old republic a KOTOR style movie could be really dope. More interesting to me than an Episode VII anyway.
  • reapin505
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Speaking of the old republic a KOTOR style movie could be really dope. More interesting to me than an Episode VII anyway.

I honestly like the old republic ? a lot more than the actually series right now. A Darth Bane would be dope as hell, and more likely to be made. The Battle of Ruusan ain't nothing to ? with.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Seventh_Battle_of_Ruusan

And Banes new canon depiction is bad ass, though a bit too Darth Vader for my tastes

Darth_Bane_TCW.png

• 1CK1S
    Options
    Actor Mark Ruffalo Wants to Join Star Wars

star-wars-7.jpg

After playing the incredible Hulk in Marvel's Avengers, Mark Ruffalo now wants to ride the Star Wars spaceship.

During an interview at the Toronto Film Festival in Canada, the Avengers star confessed that he wrote to his Brothers Bloom director Rian Johnson about getting a part in Star Wars: Episode VII.

"I just reached out to Rian recently, by the way," Ruffalo told Collider.

The Now You See Me actor said that he "desperately" wants to join Johnson in his Star Wars adventure.

hulk.jpg

"My email to Rian after all these years was, 'Rian, congratulations on everything you've been doing. And by the way, if there's a part in Star Wars, please, anything, please consider considering me to join you.' "

He added, "I love hanging out with Rian so [just hanging out on set] is interesting to me, but I would like a role.."

It was recently revealed that Han Solo's legendary ship, the Millennium Falcon, will be featured in the upcoming Star Wars: Episode VI
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JJ Abrams is directing it so that alone has me interested in the new film
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    all this hype about the new movie a thought just crossed my mind. has billy dee been contacted? what about lando?
  • 1CK1S
    Options
    New 'Star Wars' film is titled 'The Force Awakens'

37999702-a480-42fa-af7e-7687dffe6c9e-big.jpg

This video grab made available by Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM on Thursday, May 22, 2014, J.J. Abrams, director of "Star Wars: Episode VII," talks to the fans from the movie set in the desert in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. Walt Disney Pictures announced Thursday, Nov. 6, that the movie previously known only as “Episode VII” has been dubbed “The Force Awakens.” Disney also said that principle photography has wrapped on the J.J. Abrams-directed sequel six months after beginning. The film will be released in December 2015. (AP Photo/Lucasfilm Ltd., File)

Walt Disney Pictures announced Thursday that the movie previously known only as "Episode VII" has been dubbed "The Force Awakens." Disney also said that principal photography has wrapped up on the J.J. Abrams-directed sequel six months after it began.

The shoot was one of the most closely followed productions in recent memory, with constant rumors emanating from the tightly guarded set. Shooting shut down for several weeks in July after Harrison Ford broke his leg during filming at the Pinewood Studios outside London.

"Star Wars: The Force Awakens" will be released in December 2015.
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo_Killa! wrote: »
    all this hype about the new movie a thought just crossed my mind. has billy dee been contacted? what about lando?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RN0U1EnuNro
  • 1CK1S
    Options
  • 1CK1S
    Options
  • reapin505
    Options
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kame wrote: »

Oh ? ....Kyle Lowry stormtrooper templates somehow made it into the 501st...

That lightsaber design kinda nice too..I felt nothing but nostalgia watching that