Why Isn't Snoop Discussed More With The GOATS???

Options

Comments

• GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Snoop really has sum slept on albums from the looks of it with ? saying he only got 1 or 2 good albums... The Snoop albums I ? with
    ?
    Tha Dogg Father (I didn't think it was as bad as ppl say it just wasn't ? )
    That No limit Top Dogg album
    Last Meal
    Paid the cost to be the boss
    Ego tripping
    R&G
    Blue Carpet Treatment

More then 1 or 2 of them are good to great albums everything ain't gotta be a classic or nothing
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i think u already know what you get with snoop but i think the fact he trys to ride these young dudes waves instead of holding it down and pretty much every verse about weed or him calling himself uncle snoop lol
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Snoop got one of the best catalogs in rap. You have to have a good ear for music to recognize it.
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    Snoop really has sum slept on albums from the looks of it with ? saying he only got 1 or 2 good albums... The Snoop albums I ? with
    ?
    Last Meal
    Ego tripping
    R&G
    Blue Carpet Treatment

More then 1 or 2 of them are good to great albums everything ain't gotta be a classic or nothing

I LIKE ALL OF THESE ALBUMS EXCEPT EGO TRIPPIN AND R&G...
    BUT I'D ALSO ADD 7 DAYZ OF FUNK TO THE LIST.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's my quarterback

8rrg0cauka83.gif
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bkkbully wrote: »
    Tha Last Meal is a classic record and is highly underrated.

That was a good album too, but not a classic. It didn't shake the game up.
  • buttuh_b
    edited September 2017
    Options
    ?
    Last Meal
    Ego tripping
    R&G
    Blue Carpet Treatment

I'll add..

7 Days of Funk with Dam Funk and Bush with Pharrell both fire funk/soul inspired records..
    Mac & Devin Go to High School with Wiz Khalifa another surprisingly good ? head album that had radio hits.
    Both Eastsidaz albums hood classics..
    Reincarnated admirable attempt of stepping into a different realm working with all reggae/dancehall artists..
    Malice N Wonderland, Doggumentary, Coolaid, Neva Left all got solid songs, the issue is these albums are too long. They woulda been much better if trimmed down but still he has quality on there you should pull out for your playlists..

The No Limit albums are fire. Personally The Last Meal is a classic to me. The Doggfather is underrated because it didn't meet ? expectations.

He put Dogg Pound, Nate Dogg, Warren G on essentially.. we wouldn't have none of that if not for Snoop.

He also has hella dope mixtapes, compilations, collaborations, classic soundtrack songs, etc..

Snoop is one of the few artists in hip hop that woulda been able to make it in other eras in different genres. The boy got soul and charisma. Easily the most underappreciated rapper ever.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's a HipHop legend to me. I'm still a fan too....

There's hardly anyone one in the music industry both within and outside rap music who hasn't made music with Snoop. Just on collabos alone the man is legendary...

And he's unapologetically a pothead
  • THE_R_
    Options
    ^^^C/S THA EASTSIDAZ & COOLAID...
    213 WAS COOL TOO...? ALL THAT OTHER ? THO...
  • black caesar
    Options
    ?
    Last Meal
    Ego tripping
    R&G
    Blue Carpet Treatment

Ego Trippin and Tha Dogg Father were wack.
  • black caesar
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    ?
    Last Meal
    Ego tripping
    R&G
    Blue Carpet Treatment

I'll add..

7 Days of Funk with Dam Funk and Bush with Pharrell both fire funk/soul inspired records..
    Mac & Devin Go to High School with Wiz Khalifa another surprisingly good ? head album that had radio hits.
    Reincarnated admirable attempt of stepping into a different realm working with all reggae/dancehall artists..
    Malice N Wonderland, Doggumentary, Coolaid, Neva Left all got solid songs, the issue is these albums are too long. They woulda been much better if trimmed down but still he has quality on there you should pull out for your playlists..

The No Limit albums are fire. Personally The Last Meal is a classic to me. The Doggfather is underrated because it didn't meet ? expectations.

He put Dogg Pound, Nate Dogg, Warren G on essentially.. we wouldn't have none of that if not for Snoop.

He also has hella dope mixtapes, compilations, collaborations, classic soundtrack songs, etc..

Snoop is one of the few artists in hip hop that woulda been able to make it in other eras in different genres. The boy got soul and charisma. Easily the most underappreciated rapper ever.

7 days was tight, but it wasn't a solo Snoop album, but it was great.
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    Ego Trippin was fire. Sexual Eruption one of the best songs in music history. I wish they woulda continued that production team of Quik, Dogg and Teddy Riley.

Neva Have 2 Worry, Press Play, Set's Up, Waste of Time all superb records that don't sound like anything else. Also that Cool remake and the country jawn with Willie Nelson was some crazy ? . I was high as hell listening to that Willie Nelson song vibing out one day.
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    ?
    Last Meal
    Ego tripping
    R&G
    Blue Carpet Treatment

I'll add..

THE_R_ wrote: »
    ^^^C/S THA EASTSIDAZ & COOLAID...
    213 WAS COOL TOO...? ALL THAT OTHER ? THO...

213 and The Eastsidaz was dope too that's why I'm lost on ? acting like Snoop only been good for 2 dope albums his catalog is full of dope albums.... Snoop has the resume to be top 5 but you barely hear him in ppl top 10's I mean off impact alone he top 10 ? made rappers gang banging cool ask a old while lady name a rapper she's heard of and bet they all say "ummmm that Snoop doggy dogg fella" lol
  • Turfaholic
    Options
    R&G wouldve been considered a classic if it didn't come out during the shift in hip-hop. Ringtone era was a awful time for dope albums.

• rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    The boy got soul ....

And that's all that matters for me as regards rappers and their craft. Snoop is heavily inspired by 70s soul music..
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Snoop is legendary.. He may not be regarded as a great lyricist.. But I don't think anyone would call him anything but a Legend.. His fingerprints are all over the game..

EDIT: Drop it like it's hot and Beautiful with Pharrell are a classic hip hop tunes.. Snoop has gems..
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Snoop has always struck me more as a big time Hip Hop personality than a big time Hip Hop artist. After ? , musically, he did just enough to keep his name relevant, but he never did anything else major after that. As a personality in the game though, he was always doing little things to keep his name ringing. I think if not for that, people wouldn't even talk about him as much as they do now. I ain't going to say everything he did after Doggystle was wack, but it wasn't all that good either.
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    Snoop has always struck me more as a big time Hip Hop personality than a big time Hip Hop artist. After ? , musically, he did just enough to keep his name relevant, but he never did anything else major after that. As a personality in the game though, he was always doing little things to keep his name ringing. I think if not for that, people wouldn't even talk about him as much as they do now. I ain't going to say everything he did after Doggystle was wack, but it wasn't all that good either.

Snoop got 8 platinum albums, 5 gold albums,17 compilations, 20 mixtapes and people love to reduce him to ? . Of course he probably the biggest personality ever when it comes to hip hop but when it comes to music he killed it too!
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Because snoop more known for being the cool charismatic OG than his music at this point. Nobody got snoop in they top 10

Snoop ain't been ? on a major level in about 10 years
  • Turfaholic
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Because snoop more known for being the cool charismatic OG than his music at this point. Nobody got snoop in they top 10

? lol. I googled Young, Wild, & Free. That ? came out 6 years. Time is flying way too fast.
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    Beta wrote: »

Name me some rappers that came out in 92 that have been popping on a mainstream level in the last 10 years.

I can say none of my favorites. Last big Ghostface album was Fishscale 2006. Last big Scarface album Made 2007. Last Nas album to really make noise Hip Hop is Dead 2006. Ice Cube Laugh Now, Cry Later 2006, Lil Wayne Carter 4 2011.. Biggie 1997, Tupac 1996..

Instead of being disrespectful maybe y'all should educate yourself and go revisit the hot ? he dropped all those years. If you want me to name a list of songs or drop a playlist I can help yall out.

Go back and hear some of the hardest ? Suga Free, Kokane and others was spitting on Snoop albums. It's so many gems.
  • THE_R_
    Options
    I'D ARGUE THAT NAS' LAST BIG ALBUM WAS UNTITLED...
    OTHER THAN THAT...YOU MAKE A GOOD POINT...
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think this is spot on.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Snoop the most overrated "legend"