Why Isn't Snoop Discussed More With The GOATS???

Options

Comments

• DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    He might have ghostwriters in the studio but he's always been a pretty good freestyler. Not super lyrical but he can good off the top of head almost effortlessly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJxb55Q7LwI

That's what he was always known for on the radio circuits out here on the west coast. That's one thing I'll always give him respect on. I never EVER heard a DJ ask him or Kurupt to buss and they get all flustered, never acted like the DJ took them off guard and tried to play them, them two ? is always ready to get down like "gimme the mic, throw on whatever beat, or no beat... it's whatever" type ? .
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    gee757 wrote: »
    He might have ghostwriters in the studio but he's always been a pretty good freestyler. Not super lyrical but he can good off the top of head almost effortlessly.

It's not hard to understand if u got ghostwriters u can't b a goat or top nothing n states hip hop....that part time Milli vanilli reciting GHOSTWRITTEN raps goat top 10 n hip hop only works n CANADA.......snoop is a legendary westcoast hip hop figure tho wit decent musik I ? 'd wit the ? he did wit the 757 VA aka Star trek...

https://youtu.be/4ZXjggH7u6s

Oakland's own Keyshia Cole on the "Can I get my frills?" Part.

Besides snoops deathrow 1st album I ? wit the snoop that was on the 757 va beats snoops Star trek album was dope...

https://youtu.be/tbXdtepeFzI

• Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    IDGAF what ya'll ? talking about.. Snoop Doggy Dogg in a legend.. That ? contribution to hip hop cannot be understated.. Ya'll ? trippy in here..

Plenty of people have said Snoop is a legend.

But there's a difference from a hip hop legend and GOAT.

Diddy a hip hop legend, but he ain't nowhere near Goat, just like Snoop.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Options
    SELASI_i wrote: »
    Snoop will always be a top tier rapper just based on how he changed the game. Artistically he could have took it to another level but he found a way to brand himself a character that is a fixture of popular culture. He not rakim but he still deserves respect musically.

That's fine ..but he can never b n the goat discussion he eliminate d himself using ghostwriters...

But It wasnt something he was hiding. I know Drake is your main reasoning behind the ghostwriter hate. But Snoop has openly admitted to using ghostwriters to allow them to get some shine. I could understand if Snoop was using ghostwriters and acting like he was bar for bar the best to ever do it. But he openly admits to using ghostwriters to put a few dollars in other people pockets. What's wrong with that?

I think ya reading my posts wrong cuz this thread is about snoop being top 10.....& All I'm saying is Snoopy can never b top 10 with ghostwriters that's just the way it is n states hip hop n Canadian hip hop u can get away wit having ghostwriters & still b top 10.....
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Snoop ain't start using ghost writers till he was 10 albums deep and he wasn't claiming to be the best MC like Drake was or hide the fact. Everybody already know what it is with Dre, Diddy, Kanye.

If y'all got proof of the D.O.C. writing ? then maybe I would reconsider

But buttuh once u use a ghostwriter ya top wateva n hip hop is out the window........j got like 20 albums & he ain't never have a ghostwriter that's 1of the reasons y he's top10........snoop chose to b lazy & used ghostwriters & now all he can b is a legendary westcoast hip hop fixture but not spitter imo

Snoop was already considered a GOAT before he started using ghostwriters. I'm a huuuuuge Snoop fan. For the most part, he freestyles every album he's not using a ghostwriter. I don't got proof but I'd bet my dinner Drake has had ghostwriters from damn near day 1. You can't count out Snoop with a Drake comparison broski.

tenor.gif

• Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Now Diddy isn't a GOAT?

3mkf5x4nmu53.gif
  • jmol
    jmol Members Posts: 219 ✭✭
    Options
    Snoop is on more memorable features then anybody in hip hop fact.
  • OGDirtyDee
    OGDirtyDee Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jmol wrote: »

Like..? In the past 10 years?
  • Turfaholic
    Options
    OGDirtyDee wrote: »

Snoop been murking ?
  • 90's Era
    90's Era Members Posts: 52 ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    IDGAF what ya'll ? talking about.. Snoop Doggy Dogg in a legend[b][/b].. That ? contribution to hip hop cannot be understated.. Ya'll ? trippy in here..

How pushing a Acura get you in the goat convo fam?
  • Ilike2get baked
    Ilike2get baked Members Posts: 879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A GOAT in rap...no but a LEGEND...absolutely. the cold part about is that not only is he a LEGEND in rap music but within American culture. Snoop at one point had everybody in America speaking his language and now he's starring on Emmy nominated tv shows with Martha Stewart. Ain't but a few people that can make that transition AND still be successful.
  • gee757
    Options
    A GOAT in rap...no but a LEGEND...absolutely. the cold part about is that not only is he a LEGEND in rap music but within American culture. Snoop at one point had everybody in America speaking his language and now he's starring on Emmy nominated tv shows with Martha Stewart. Ain't but a few people that can make that transition AND still be successful.

Bingo....that has been repeated n here over & over..the problem is theres folks n here who can't accept the fact that snoop has ghostwriters & that knocks him out the goat discussion...
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options

It's not hard to understand if u got ghostwriters u can't b a goat or top nothing n states hip hop....that part time Milli vanilli reciting GHOSTWRITTEN raps goat top 10 n hip hop only works n CANADA.......snoop is a legendary westcoast hip hop figure tho wit decent musik I ? 'd wit the ? he did wit the 757 VA aka Star trek...

https://youtu.be/4ZXjggH7u6s

Oakland's own Keyshia Cole on the "Can I get my frills?" Part.

@Turfaholic

I neva knew that was Keysh (it's like they used a ? on her voice)! Shame she was uncredited, but dope tidbit of info there!
  • gee757
    Options
    ^ yeah I didn't Kno Keyshia was on that trak til turf pointed that out..
  • Nechesh358
    Nechesh358 Members Posts: 276 ✭✭
    Options
    snoop is top 40 tho
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    IDGAF what ya'll ? talking about.. Snoop Doggy Dogg in a legend.. That ? contribution to hip hop cannot be understated.. Ya'll ? trippy in here..

Plenty of people have said Snoop is a legend.

But there's a difference from a hip hop legend and GOAT.

Diddy a hip hop legend, but he ain't nowhere near Goat, just like Snoop.

Really gonna just put snoop on P Diddy's level?

? this, I'm done with this thread. Smh

Just blasphemous from a talent standpoint.
  • choppa_style
    choppa_style Members Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Snoop is easily the biggest sell out in the game, but no one ever mentions it. He'll do anything to stay relevant and make money. He's got little to no artistic integrity.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Options
    Now Diddy isn't a GOAT?

3mkf5x4nmu53.gif

GOAT what?

Greatest record Exec to ? over there artist?
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Options

Snoop been murking ?

583 guest features and not one memorable verse.

laughing-gifs-foolish-human.gif
  • Turfaholic
    Options

Snoop been murking ?

Nothing But A G Thang.......

Hold dat
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Options

Snoop been murking ?

Nothing But A G Thang.......

Hold dat

Thanks for admitting it.

Like what's been said said for 7 pgs now, Snoop career post Doggstyle.......

13156857.gif
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Give a memorable guest verse after the year 2002
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Lol I'll be honest I forgot snoop was on P.I.M.P.

That song is trash maybe that's why
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? furiously capin for snoop?!? the fact you gotta go way back to early 90's for a good snoop verse(debatable) should close the thread

? weak too Outside lodi dodi,pump pump & doggy dogg world album weak.I wouldn't be caught dead bumpin no wack aint no fun if the homies can't have none.