Why Isn't Snoop Discussed More With The GOATS???

Options

Comments

• buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Ego Trippin was fire. Sexual Eruption one of the best songs in music history. I wish they woulda continued that production team of Quik, Dogg and Teddy Riley.

Neva Have 2 Worry, Press Play, Set's Up, Waste of Time all superb records that don't sound like anything else. Also that Cool remake and the country jawn with Willie Nelson was some crazy ? . I was high as hell listening to that Willie Nelson song vibing out one day.

FOH

[img]https://www.bigpinekey.com/wp-content/uploads/? -kicked-out-of-bar.gif[/img]

One of most memorable nights in the past couple years this was 2015 I believe during NLDS Mets vs. Dodgers was going.. Me and the homies went to the club I was playing Young Thug Slime Season 1 and some classic Gucci Mane while I was driving. I was way too bent off some Jack Daniels but for some reason still drove. Went to this big club but ? was wack so my ? ass left my homeboys and walked in the rain to this hole in the wall spot down the street where the homie DJ's at.. I'm chilling with a double shot of whiskey in my hand kinda bored.. that Sexual Eruption dropped I immediate gravitated to the dance floor.. had the baddest jawn in the spot right on me by the middle of the song we were both on the floor vibing b. I took shorty home that night and hulk smashed. I owe Snoop for the ? because when that song came on I lost control of my body. One of the hardest modern songs ever.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Snoop has always struck me more as a big time Hip Hop personality than a big time Hip Hop artist. After ? , musically, he did just enough to keep his name relevant, but he never did anything else major after that. As a personality in the game though, he was always doing little things to keep his name ringing. I think if not for that, people wouldn't even talk about him as much as they do now. I ain't going to say everything he did after Doggystle was wack, but it wasn't all that good either.

Snoop got 8 platinum albums, 5 gold albums,17 compilations, 20 mixtapes and people love to reduce him to ? . Of course he probably the biggest personality ever when it comes to hip hop but when it comes to music he killed it too!

Bruh, Tha Doggfather went platinum and that album is universally decried as one of the worst follow-ups ever. If all that matters to you is sales, that's fine, but I'm not getting any money from his records sales so I don't give a ? about his plaques. He's got one Classic and a bunch of other albums that range from trash to pretty good. From a musical standpoint his catalog is forgettable regardless of how many plaques he has. Nobody is running around talking about Snoop has one of the best Catalogs in rap. Hell, a lot of people out there probably didn't even know he had 8 albums period, let alone 8 platinum albums.
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Because while ? is a classic and easily a top 5 gangsta rap album, the rest of his albums are well bleh.

This right here. Is the LL cool J effect also. He been around a very long time dropping sub par ? which has affected how we look at his early classic material. He is a goat in terms of impact, but not so much catalog wise
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at judging Snoop by him not dropping another ? smh.... Guess it's one of those things where you set the bar so high ppl are disappointed when you don't reach that bar again.... Funny thing is ppl will talk about a ? like Andre 3000 in terms of the goats and he ain't even dropped one solo album
  • Jonah 2.0
    Jonah 2.0 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Snoop is a hip hop icon/legend but I can't say he's one of the greatest of all time when it comes to MCs.
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    Snoop has always struck me more as a big time Hip Hop personality than a big time Hip Hop artist. After ? , musically, he did just enough to keep his name relevant, but he never did anything else major after that. As a personality in the game though, he was always doing little things to keep his name ringing. I think if not for that, people wouldn't even talk about him as much as they do now. I ain't going to say everything he did after Doggystle was wack, but it wasn't all that good either.

Snoop got 8 platinum albums, 5 gold albums,17 compilations, 20 mixtapes and people love to reduce him to ? . Of course he probably the biggest personality ever when it comes to hip hop but when it comes to music he killed it too!

Bruh, Tha Doggfather went platinum and that album is universally decried as one of the worst follow-ups ever. If all that matters to you is sales, that's fine, but I'm not getting any money from his records sales so I don't give a ? about his plaques. He's got one Classic and a bunch of other albums that range from trash to pretty good. From a musical standpoint his catalog is forgettable regardless of how many plaques he has. Nobody is running around talking about Snoop has one of the best Catalogs in rap. Hell, a lot of people out there probably didn't even know he had 8 albums period, let alone 8 platinum albums.

I don't care about album sales. You're the one who said he wasn't relevant musically after ? . Just pointing out that you're incorrect.

To be truthful most people on this site and in general have terrible taste in music and hardly know what the ? they're talking about and more limited than they realize so I don't care if they appreciate Snoop's catalog. I know myself personally am seasoned in all genres and especially hip hop and I can vouch for Snoop. Most people go off general perception and don't take the time to thoroughly listen. It would do you some good to revisit a lot of music. Just because Doggfather was decried sophomore doesn't mean it wasn't hot. People did the same with It Was Written and In My Lifetime, Vol 1. If you really want to get into it we can go into every album and what they were musically. Doggfather had the Vapors. How can you hate on that?? What about the record with Sticky Fingaz on No Limit Top Dogg?? The song with C-Murder ain't a top 5 aggressive song in rap history? Go back and listen to Hennessy N Buddah, True Lies, Stacy Adams. Soulful songs like I Believe In You featuring Latoiya Williams on Paid Da Cost. R&G is definitely a classic albums. Nobody else ever fused music like that. Bootsy Collions and Charlie Wilson not just working with anybody. Blue Carpet Treatment one of the best albums of mid 2000's and so much heat was dropping during that time. Y'all really just be talking out the side of your head. I could keep going.
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    Lol at judging Snoop by him not dropping another ? smh....

ITS THE DOUBLE-EDGE SWORD...
    I PERSONALLY DON'T THINK ANOTHER ? WAS EVER REALISTIC...
    ESPECIALLY AFTER BEATING THAT CASE SHORTLY AFTER ITS RELEASE...
    THEN PAC GETTING KILLED ALONG W/ THE TURMOIL @ THA ROW...

HE NEEDED SOME NEW ? THAT WASN'T "ANOTHER ? "
    I THINK HE WENT FOR THAT AND SUCCEEDED...
    BUT JUST NO CLASSIC ALBUMS...
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    Here's a selection of some of Snoop's singles through out his career. Tell me these weren't HARD!

"What's My Name?"
    1993 8 8 13 22 11 20 8 4 21 20 RIAA: Gold[50]
    ?

"Gin and Juice"
    1994 8 13 49 — — — — 11 — 39 RIAA: Gold[50]

"Doggy Dogg World"
    (featuring Tha Dogg Pound and The Dramatics)
    — 25 — — — — — — — 32

"Snoop's Upside Ya Head"
    (featuring Charlie Wilson)
    1996 — 37 46 58 — 34 32 7 — 12 RMNZ: Gold[128]
    Tha Doggfather

"Wanted Dead or Alive"
    (with 2Pac)
    1997 — — 41 — — — — 3 — 16 Gridlock'd soundtrack

"Vapors"
    — — — — — — — 7 — 18 Tha Doggfather

"Doggfather"
    — — — — — — — 20 — 36

"We Just Wanna Party with You"
    (featuring Jermaine Dupri)
    — 58 28 57 — 82 — 10 — 21 Men in Black: The Album

"Still a G Thang"
    1998 19 16 — — — — — — — — Da Game Is to Be Sold, Not to Be Told

"Woof"
    (featuring Fiend and Mystikal)
    1999 62 31 — — — — — — — —

"G Bedtime Stories"
    — — — — — — — — — — No Limit Top Dogg

"Snoop Dogg (What's My Name Pt. 2)"[F]
    2000 77 20 — — — — 58 — — 13 Tha Last Meal

"Hennesey n Buddah"
    (featuring Kokane)
    2001 — — — — 41 — — — — —

"Lay Low"[F]
    (featuring Master P, Nate Dogg, Butch Cassidy and Tha Eastsidaz)
    50 8 — — 81 49 33 — 48 —

"Just a Baby Boy"
    (featuring Tyrese and Mr. Tan)
    90 40 — — — — — — — — Baby Boy soundtrack

"Do U Wanna Roll (Dolittle Theme)"
    (with R.L. and Lil' Kim)
    84 52 — — — — — — — — Dr. Dolittle 2 soundtrack

"Loosen' Control"
    (featuring Soopafly and Butch Cassidy)
    2002 — — — — — — — — — — Tha Last Meal

"Undercova Funk (Give Up the Funk)"
    (featuring Mr. Kane, Bootsy Collins, Quaze and Fred Wesley)
    — — — — — — — — 77 — Undercover Brother soundtrack

"From tha Chuuuch to da Palace"
    (featuring Pharrell)
    77 23 — — — 75 97 — — 27 Paid tha Cost to Be da Boss

"Mission Cleopatra"
    (with Jamel Debbouze)
    — — — — 8 — — — — — SNEP: Gold[129]
    Asterix & Obelix: Mission Cleopatra soundtrack

"Beautiful"
    (featuring Pharrell and Charlie Wilson)
    2003 6 3 4 64 39 27 13 4 19 23 ARIA: Gold[130]
    BPI: Silver[51]
    RIANZ: Platinum[131]
    Paid tha Cost to Be da Boss

"It Blows My Mind"
    — 68 — — — — — — — — The Neptunes Present... Clones

"Drop It Like It's Hot"
    (featuring Pharrell)
    2004 1 1 4 9 21 8 7 1 3 10 RIAA: Gold[50]
    RIAA: 2x Platinum (Mastertone version)[50]
    ARIA: Gold[132]
    BPI: Gold[51]
    RIANZ: Gold[133]
    R&G (Rhythm & Gangsta): The Masterpiece

"Let's Get Blown"
    (featuring Pharrell)
    54 19 — 42 — — 35 19 22 13

"Signs"
    (featuring Justin Timberlake and Charlie Wilson)
    2005 46 — 1 11 13 3 6 4 5 2 RIAA: Gold[50]
    ARIA: Gold[132]
    RIANZ: Gold[134]

"Ups & Downs"
    (featuring Bee Gees)
    — 67 25 3 — 84 78 — 46 36

"Vato"
    (featuring B-Real)
    2006 — 85 55 — — — — — — — Tha Blue Carpet Treatment

"That's That ? "
    (featuring R. Kelly)
    20 9 64 — 30 39 73 18 37 38

"Candy (Drippin' Like Water)"
    (featuring E-40, MC Eiht, Goldie Loc, Daz Dillinger and Kurupt)
    — — — — — — — — — —

"Boss' Life"
    (featuring Nate Dogg)
    2007 — 65 — — — — — — — —

"Sexual Eruption"
    7 5 52 30 52 15 39 36 10 22 Ego Trippin'

"Neva Have 2 Worry"
    (featuring Uncle Chucc)
    2008 — — — — — — — — — —

"Life of da Party"
    (featuring Too Short and Mistah F.A.B.)
    —[G] 48 — — — — — — — —

"Those Gurlz"
    — 91 — — — — — — — —

"My Medicine"
    (featuring Willie Nelson)
    — — — — — — 39 — — —

"Gangsta Luv"
    (featuring The-Dream)
    2009 35 24 — 68 — — — 13 — — Malice n Wonderland

"That's tha Homie"
    — — — — — — — — — —

"I Wanna Rock"
    41 10 — — — — — — — —

"Pronto"
    (featuring Soulja Boy)
    — — — — — — — — — —

"That Tree"[136]
    (featuring Kid Cudi)
    2010 — — — — — — — — — — More Malice

"It's in the Mornin'"
    (with Robin Thicke)
    —[H] 25 — — — — — — — — Sex Therapy: The Session

"Wet"
    —[J] 40 1 1 1 2 6 5 2 4 ARIA: 4× Platinum[139]
    BPI: Platinum[51]
    BVMI: Platinum[60]
    IFPI SWI: Platinum[61]
    RIANZ: Platinum[131]
    Doggumentary

"Boom"
    (featuring T-Pain)
    2011 76 —[K] 40 65 — — — — — 56

"Young, Wild & Free"
    (with Wiz Khalifa featuring Bruno Mars)
    7 56 4 9 6 15 11 2 6 44 RIAA: 4× Platinum[50]
    ARIA: 4× Platinum[141]
    BVMI: Gold[60]
    IFPI SWI: Gold[61]
    RIANZ: Platinum[142]
    Mac & Devin Go to High School soundtrack

"Here Comes the King"
    (featuring Angela Hunte)
    2012 — — — — 124 — — — — — Reincarnated

"Lighters Up"
    (featuring Mavado and Popcaan)
    —[L] — — 29 — — — — — 195

"No Guns Allowed"
    (featuring Drake and Cori B)
    2013 —[M] 58 — 61 — — — — — —

"Ashtrays and Heartbreaks"
    (featuring Miley Cyrus)
    —[N] — — 70 — — — — — —

"Peaches N Cream"
    (featuring Charlie Wilson)
    2015 —[O] 41 93 3 73 — 13 — — 58 Bush

"So Many Pros"
    — — — — 169 — — — — —

"California Roll"
    (featuring Stevie Wonder)
    — 49 — 22 140 — 27 — — —

"Kush Ups"
    (featuring Wiz Khalifa)
    2016 — — — — 199 — — — — — Coolaid

"All the Way Up (Westside Remix)"
    (with Fat Joe, Remy Ma, The Game & E-40 featuring French Montana & Infared)
    27 9 — — 85 — — — — 157 RIAA: Platinum[50]
    Plata O Plomo

"Point Seen Money Gone"
    (featuring Jeremih)
    — — — — — — — — — — Coolaid

"Promise You This"
    2017 — — — — — — — — — — Neva Left

"Mount Kushmore"
    (featuring Redman, Method Man and B-Real)
    — — — — — — — — — —

"What Is This?
    (featuring October London)[143]
    — — — — — — — — — — TBA
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blue carpet and R and G are classics to me
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    If you love soul music from the 70's, 80's but you grew up on some g ? in 90's 2000's and got izm pumping through your blood you can appreciate this but I forgot most of y'all some square ass square butts. I bet you can't name 3 DJ Quik albums

https://youtu.be/aGevYm3HWGk
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Snoop got westcoast classics. Smh at some of you ? saying snoop never was lyrical. That ? made party music and cruising music. He's one of the most recognizable faces in the West along with Ice Cube. He's definitely a legend.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    We not saying he's not a legend. Whats the title of the thread? Y all writing paragraphs and ? lol

And ? like

(featuring Miley Cyrus)

Is why
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    ? , Last Meal and R&G are right up there with any rapper's top 3 albums. His ? is just spread out and he doesn't limit himself to one sound.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We need to up those 100s of "who is your top 5" IC threads and see how many ? in here fighting so hard named Snoop.
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    We need to up those 100s of "who is your top 5" IC threads and see how many ? in here fighting so hard named Snoop.

Who cares, Snoop ain't in my top 5 but I'm tired of the disrespect.. people run around acting like they know everything about music but stuck on the same ? and never took time appreciate all the other great artists who have fire ass discographies. ? is corny
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options

Who cares, Snoop ain't in my top 5 but I'm tired of the disrespect.. people run around acting like they know everything about music but stuck on the same ? and never took time appreciate all the other great artists who have fire ass discographies. ? is corny

I agree. The discography of snoop, 40 water, cube, quik, eiht, and spice 1 ? on most of their favorites
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    edited September 2017
    Options

What do you mean who cares? Read the title. That's the point of the thread. ? gave they reasons why he's not in the top 5 and y'all ? went over the edge like people are saying he's not a legend. Y'all know damn well if we up them threads, Snoop was barely named but y'all in here bullshitting, That's what's corny
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    We not saying he's a legend. Whats the title of the thread? Y all writing paragraphs and ? lol

And ? like

(featuring Miley Cyrus)

Is why

Basically
  • buttuh_b
    Options

What do you mean who cares? Read the title. That's the point of the thread. ? gave they reasons why he's not in the top 5 and y'all ? went over the edge like people are saying he's not a legend. Y'all know damn well if we up them threads, Snoop was barely named but y'all in here bullshitting, That's what's corny

That's exactly the point of this thread. His name should come up more in those threads. The point is he's hella underappreciated and that ? is crazy. What legitimate reasons did y'all give? Someone said he ain't been hot in the past 10 years, I countered that none of those rappers y'all call goats have been hot these past 10 years besides Jay. Your point is negated when you say his music after ? wasn't up to par when we naming all the good music he made. You call yourself Cuban Linx with Biggie in your avi. The irony is Snoop got a better catalog than Biggie and Rae and I'm a huge fan of both. Yea he dropped more duds than both but he also put out a higher quantity of quality music than both.
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's my point tho I wanted to know why he barely gets named.... I mean I'ma respect ppl opinion but imo he should be named more then he is becuz he has dope albums longevity classic songs and album impact success crossover appeal and skills..... There's nothing lacking from his resume to keep him from being mentioned again especially when ppl will name Andre 3000 and ? .... He's on that 5-6 spot on my list but I'm in the minority in this so I was curious why and most the stuff I'm hearing ain't truth if you really pay attention to his catalog no he doesn't have another ? but yes he has other great albums
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Keep fighting the good fight buttuh B lol
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    same cats mad he doesnt get named top 5-10 also admit hes not in their top 5-10.

wtf?

must be a slow week.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    same cats mad he doesnt get named top 5-10 also admit hes not in there top 5-10.

wtf?

must be a slow week.

There will be
    Ups and downs
    Smiles and frowns
  • Cleveland7venty6
    Cleveland7venty6 Members Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    He changed his style after ? , and never looked back. For that, the fans has spoken. Shout out to this song tho:

Real G's (Funkmaster Flex & Big Kap Feat. Snoop Dogg)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lcyt0Dt3wg