Why Isn't Snoop Discussed More With The GOATS???

Options

Comments

• Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I give Snoop a pass for ghostwriting. He openly admitted to doing so to let other artist get a little shine. I remember him saying it during his Doggumentary promo run.

https://youtu.be/lcgbTqanTIw

And when he's not writing he's usually freestyling his whole album.

https://youtu.be/4ZXjggH7u6s
    Can't tell me this isn't a freestyle hit
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Ego Trippin was fire. Sexual Eruption one of the best songs in music history. I wish they woulda continued that production team of Quik, Dogg and Teddy Riley.

Neva Have 2 Worry, Press Play, Set's Up, Waste of Time all superb records that don't sound like anything else. Also that Cool remake and the country jawn with Willie Nelson was some crazy ? . I was high as hell listening to that Willie Nelson song vibing out one day.

FOH

[img]https://www.bigpinekey.com/wp-content/uploads/? -kicked-out-of-bar.gif[/img]

One of most memorable nights in the past couple years this was 2015 I believe during NLDS Mets vs. Dodgers was going.. Me and the homies went to the club I was playing Young Thug Slime Season 1 and some classic Gucci Mane while I was driving. I was way too bent off some Jack Daniels but for some reason still drove. Went to this big club but ? was wack so my ? ass left my homeboys and walked in the rain to this hole in the wall spot down the street where the homie DJ's at.. I'm chilling with a double shot of whiskey in my hand kinda bored.. that Sexual Eruption dropped I immediate gravitated to the dance floor.. had the baddest jawn in the spot right on me by the middle of the song we were both on the floor vibing b. I took shorty home that night and hulk smashed. I owe Snoop for the ? because when that song came on I lost control of my body. One of the hardest modern songs ever.

@buttuh_b
    ? ass ? ....
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    same cats mad he doesnt get named top 5-10 also admit hes not in their top 5-10.

wtf?

must be a slow week.

Lol ? ridiculous but whatever they got it
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bkkbully wrote: »
    Tha Last Meal is a classic record and is highly underrated.

classic....lol
  • Turfaholic
    Options
    When BET did that notarized top 100 rappers Snoop came in at #6. Saying he Top 10 isn't far fetched. I wish I could find that full list.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't even got a top 5 but Snoop definitely one of the 20 rap artists that stay in my rotation forever and if I had to do a ranking I'd put him top 10 right now
  • marc123
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    When BET did that notarized top 100 rappers Snoop came in at #6. Saying he Top 10 isn't far fetched. I wish I could find that full list.

stopped reading after bolded
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    same cats mad he doesnt get named top 5-10 also admit hes not in their top 5-10.

wtf?

must be a slow week.

Who's making a case for Snoop that doesn't have him in their top 10?? Or did you just make the up becuz clearly it hasn't been said by anybody in here that Snoop not in my top 10 but let me make a case... So yea that was a lie
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I give Snoop a pass for ghostwriting. He openly admitted to doing so to let other artist get a little shine. I remember him saying it during his Doggumentary promo run.

https://youtu.be/lcgbTqanTIw

And when he's not writing he's usually freestyling his whole album.

https://youtu.be/4ZXjggH7u6s
    Can't tell me this isn't a freestyle hit

Turf u say some wild ? from crackkka s can say ? /er & now we r suppose 2 give Snoopy a pass for draking it??? Nah if drizzy can't do it snoop can't either yes snoop is a hip hop legend/figure but he can never b on no Spirit promo wit hip hop spitters like Nas, big & rah who write/wrote came up with they own ? & never got lazy...
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @buttuh_b probably has sexual eruption playing in the background when he has a skype date with @supergangster
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Well then, there ya go BET got Snoop in the top 10. Y'all can stop ? now.

• trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's common knowledge he's one of the goats..
  • Turfaholic
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »

stopped reading after bolded

This is when BET still had clout
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Based on bars snoop not even top 20, but like everyone said ? is phenomenal
  • marc123
    edited September 2017
    Options

giphy.gif
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This why ? be lame in here ? can't have a debate about nothing without "y'all ? " "y'all stannin" "y'all hating" "y'all dickriders" it's like it's impossible for ? to discuss anything... Ain't nobody ? ? making they case put on your big boy pants or keep it pushing
  • OnnaThursday
    OnnaThursday Members Posts: 238 ✭✭
    Options
    He helped bring Charlie Wilson back he deserves some love for that. If you like that funk/soul sound then R&G is pretty dope. He really ain't been the same since Nate Dogg
  • marc123
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »

This why ? be lame in here ? can't have a debate about nothing without "y'all ? " "y'all stannin" "y'all hating" "y'all dickriders" it's like it's impossible for ? to discuss anything... Ain't nobody ? ? making they case put on your big boy pants or keep it pushing

giphy.gif
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    THE_R_ wrote: »
    I'D ARGUE THAT NAS' LAST BIG ALBUM WAS UNTITLED...
    OTHER THAN THAT...YOU MAKE A GOOD POINT...

You must have missed Life Is Good. That was a great album.
  • Turfaholic
    Options
    Life is Good is a forgettable album. Outside of Daughters & Summer On Smash I don't remember it.
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Life is Good is a forgettable album. Outside of Daughters & Summer On Smash I don't remember it.

and trust is a good song
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

giphy.gif

U new niqqaz ? me..no respect for pioneers n legends..
  • JJ_Evans
    JJ_Evans Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only classic that Snoop made was written by D.O.C.

That's always what I believed.
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    THE_R_ wrote: »
    I'D ARGUE THAT NAS' LAST BIG ALBUM WAS UNTITLED...
    OTHER THAN THAT...YOU MAKE A GOOD POINT...

You must have missed Life Is Good. That was a great album.

TOP 5 NAS ALBUM, LOVED THAT ? ...
    BUT I DON'T THINK IT PERFORMED WELL...

(POST I WAS REPLYING TO WAS REFERRING TO MAINSTREAM SUCCESS)
  • marc123
    edited September 2017
    Options

giphy.gif

U new niqqaz ? me..no respect for pioneers n legends..

Bruh come on! Doggstyle is a classic n i still bump it to this day. But everything outside of that has been very forgetable, yea he has had a couple hot songs her n there. But overall very meh.

BTW who u callin a new ? ? Im in my mid 30s. I have my still have my og copy of doggystle that i bought in 93. smh lol