Straight Black Men Are the White People of Black People

Options

Comments

• aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Ima say this...seems like the women in this thread dont want blunt honesty from men. They want u answer all nice for them to actually recognize ur point. Tl.. The Lonious Monk tap dancing on eggshells in long paragraphs just so a simple point is heard... but women talking slick all in the thread.

I ain't tap dancing. I'm just not being insulting. I don't take this ? personally, so I don't feel the need to lash out at them like a scorned hoe.

No its a difference between saying what u really mean firmly vs tip toing and saying ? so a woman doesn't last out and ignore cuz her feelings hurt.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    gorilla wrote: »
    I'ma throw this out here.

I think the first step to resolving issues raised in this thread is to take a step back and understand we've been broken as a community. Our family structure got shot to hell in the 80's. A large portion of us never had a good example of a black male/female interaction. Instead what we got was bitterness toward the opposite sex passed down to us. Now we have such a difficult time associating to one another.

It's like some psychological ? . We have a bad tendency to put the faces of those who wronged us onto the faces of others we meet who may not even have the same traits.

Sistas, yall want us to listen? Ok cool. Make some adjustments? We get it.

Now yall also have to help by holding other women accountable for the actions they take to contribute to the concerns yall have. Yall can't expect us to check our fellow brothas if yall want to make excuses for your fellow sista. That also applies to being more selective of the men yall chose to give yourselves to.

We can't stop the fleas if yall keep letting the dog back in the house.

I saw a woman make this point in regards to Kevin Hart being taped without his knowledge and then an attempt at extortion. Said that if that happened to a woman that there wouldn't be a bunch of "she had it coming" reactions from women...so its very hypocritical for women to take that stance on him. There were a bunch of other women who responded that seeing her say that honestly made them check themselves and how they were reacting and enjoying seeing him be put on blast.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    blacktux wrote: »
    Westie wrote: »
    I'm sick of this "but but but black women get treated the worst" ? . It divides us as a people and usually generates from man hating ? or ? ass dudes raised by man hating ? .

I don't know any black man that would argue that our sisters don't have it as hard as us, we in this ? together. However we are attacked on different fronts, in different ways. The only thing we should be doing is trying to build together instead of trying to make enemies out of each other. The problem is there's a large segment of our sisters who want attention and control. So they make us out to be on par with the white man's evilness.
    Lmfao
    ironic. Post is ironic.

Doesn't make it any less true. And I'll say the same thing about black men who hate black women simply out of their experiences with the bad ones they've chosen. It goes both way but here we're talking about the monster we are being made out to be by our own community.

yes or no - are there black men who are monsters?

Of course. But are all or even the vast majority? This article seems to try and insinuate that.

okay I didn't interpret that. My whole point is there are many black men Who don't give a ? about issues that are concerning black women, ? black people, trans black people. Anything that doesn't fit into their straight male box. A lot like white people. That's all I'm saying. that doesn't mean that it's all black men or most black men or half of black men their means that there is a population that doesn't really give a ? about the rest of black people.

So if it's not all, most or even half then why is this being constantly pushed?

blk women have to take a look in the mirror as well

that said, yes, not all blk men are misogynistic or sexist or violent woman beaters ...that is not the argument

the issue is when we try to speak on misogyny and issues that impact blk women specifically , our concerns are met with push back or dismissed or we are met with silence

primarily silence

for example, i rarely have observed blk men speak out against the misogyny within our society or even within their own circle

but there is an argument to be made that while you may not be misogynistic " allowing our cousins and brothers and co-workers and friends to use misogynistic language propagates that culture of danger for blk women."

Misogyny is a male issue, not a black male issue. And the fact that you and your gang keep trying to make it out to be one; and only hold black men accountable for it in context, is honestly frustrating to deal with.

Its easier to just dismiss it and keep it moving.

That most likely because they deal with mainly/only black men...so problems with men they have they put under black men...same as we as black men when we talk about women are mainly talking about black women...so statements about women come with a silent understanding that you're talking about black women
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ima say this...seems like the women in this thread dont want blunt honesty from men. They want u answer all nice for them to actually recognize ur point. Tl.. The Lonious Monk tap dancing on eggshells in long paragraphs just so a simple point is heard... but women talking slick all in the thread.

I ain't tap dancing. I'm just not being insulting. I don't take this ? personally, so I don't feel the need to lash out at them like a scorned hoe.

No its a difference between saying what u really mean firmly vs tip toing and saying ? so a woman doesn't last out and ignore cuz her feelings hurt.

True, but let's be real, you got to do that with some of these ? too. There aren't a lot of people that can handle raw truth.
  • aneed123
    Options

True, but let's be real, you got to do that with some of these ? too. There aren't a lot of people that can handle raw truth.

U don't have 2. Im just saying the only way to get real convos is to hold back the truth
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

U don't have 2. Im just saying the only way to get real convos is to hold back the truth

You may have a point that I was tip toeing around an not necessarily going at them how I might at others, but what truth did I leave out?
  • gorilla
    gorilla Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'ma throw this out here.

I think the first step to resolving issues raised in this thread is to take a step back and understand we've been broken as a community. Our family structure got shot to hell in the 80's. A large portion of us never had a good example of a black male/female interaction. Instead what we got was bitterness toward the opposite sex passed down to us. Now we have such a difficult time associating to one another.

It's like some psychological ? . We have a bad tendency to put the faces of those who wronged us onto the faces of others we meet who may not even have the same traits.

Sistas, yall want us to listen? Ok cool. Make some adjustments? We get it.

Now yall also have to help by holding other women accountable for the actions they take to contribute to the concerns yall have. Yall can't expect us to check our fellow brothas if yall want to make excuses for your fellow sista. That also applies to being more selective of the men yall chose to give yourselves to.

We can't stop the fleas if yall keep letting the dog back in the house.

i'm doing my part

like to see more blk men do there's

which is easier said than done when so many even you are downplaying or trying to invalidate our feelings

*shrugs*

When did I invalidate your feelings? From the start I've pointed out there are black men who do what you describe and the fact that I nor any black man I know tolerate that ? . I'm also raising my sons to not tolerate that as well as teaching my daughters not to accept it nor make excuses for women who contribute to these problems. Believe it or not there are plenty.

I may not have attended any feminist rallies, but I have shown up to speak up for my sistas when the mayor of Warren called black women chimps. Ironically, most of the black women there were defending that ? saying he was being setup. Imagine how confused I was. There was some bootlicking brothas there too. I was utterly disgusted.

i wasn't just specifically referring to just my own feelings

but from the start I've maintained that I and others feel their aren't enough blk men, men period, who are respectful of women and supportive of women's issues

many of you are also dismissive ..including yourself

how?

just a few posts ago you said this thread confirmed for you that "there's a segment of black women who just basically want to find something to champion" and are "regurgitating" other ppl's words

the author of the article was a blk man and the only blk women who have been commenting in this thread is really just me and @Westie

so ....yea

good for you for attending the rally...

Aye, but I ain't call yall no ? tho (bad timing?)

On a serious note tho, I heard what you saying. We don't agree on some points but I don't think we are far off. This is the type of dialogue we need to have. Where even tho we may not agree on smaller points, we can be on the same page with the bigger picture,Hell at least the same chapter. And do so without insulting and name calling.

• aneed123
    Options

You may have a point that I was tip toeing around an not necessarily going at them how I might at others, but what truth did I leave out?

When u tip toe u still not being all the way honest... we all do it. But in this thread only u and Jamaica were abke to get westie to acknowledge anything and u had to gi that route... u know how stressful that is in real life
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

When u tip toe u still not being all the way honest... we all do it. But in this thread only u and Jamaica were abke to get westie to acknowledge anything and u had to gi that route... u know how stressful that is in real life

lol Yeah I feel you. I don't go anywhere near as in depth into ? in real life as I do on here.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This identity politics ? gets dumber every day.
  • LordZuko
    LordZuko Members Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Bingo.

I ain't doing all that yappin with no ? . Don't do it in real life.

All these hoes do is play goofy ass mind games.

Just tell these hoes to shut the ? up and keep it pushing. What else they gonna do but run their mouth?
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Madame_CJSkywalker Members Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options

ok..ok

you make some good points

think a lot gets lost in translation though

but in regards to blk men being the face of police brutality think the main concern for some women is that it puts blk women into a false sense of security

and when a blk woman is gunned down or assaulted it doesn't garner the same media attention and support which is important considering public vigilance/ pressure is what gets a lot of these types of cases to trial and local laws changed

it is also disheartening to see the lack of concern or outrage from men when that state allows ? kits to go untested....

All that's fair, and I certainly think women are right to speak up when they want attention put on their side of issues. I just think that can be done without chastising people for putting attention on the men issues. I think some of you are just passionate about these issues, which you should be, but you don't always direct that passion in the most productive way.
    lol

we do when given the platform

and how many feminist sites do you frequent

check my screen name

I'm not talking about what you guys do in your special interest groups or websites. If you want the general public to understand something, you need to make it publicly available. If you capture the attention then you can direct us to the bigger repositories. Basically, what I was getting at was that when we have these discussions, it would be a lot more productive for you guys to present the knowledge rather than bash us for not having the knowledge. Sometimes you do, but most often you just criticize us for not seeing things the way you do.

that is what I've been doing, presenting knowledge...I 've given out links

yet I get attacked or/and dismissed same if I was antagonistic from the jump

and these sites are publicly available

rallies are open to the public

you want ppl to strong-arm other platforms ??? lol go door to door. stand on street corners?

if you care it is going to require some research and reading, can't just spoon feed yall everything

or just admit that you don't care enough to do so

how many personal interactions/convos have you had face to face with a blk woman who self identifies as a feminist or womanist ?

yes, being that you are a man you're not going to perceive things the same way as i do

so wouldn't you also agree that makes you a bit biased as well

just reading your post i think a lot of the talk of misogyny and toxic masculinity you hear you automatically equivalate with male bashing lol

and these rallies aren't just echo chambers that serve no purpose... a lot of networking is going on.... voter registration drives... talks concerning policies that could potentially effect your daughters' and their mother's future...by extension your future

but whatever....

don't play craps ...it's your time lol

I used to have convos all the time with black feminists in college and grad school (same with afrocentrists). I don't have those convos as much anymore because I'm not in that kind of setting anymore. And I absolutely am biased and there are points that I disagree on with you for no better reason than I'm a man, I have my views of what a man should be, and I don't want to change those views. I'm certainly not above stubborness or pig headedness. At times those traits define my character.

I don't necessarily think that all discussion of those topics equate to male bashing. However, I do think there is a fine line between discussing toxic masculinity and declaring that masculinity is toxic, and in my opinion, feminists do a poor job of staying on the right side of that line.

And send me a pamphlet or a site that would keep me abreast of those issues in case there is something I can do to help. ? them rallies though. To be fair, I'm not much of a rally person to begin with though, so it ain't just that they are feminist rallies. lol

lol @ the bolded

glad you admitted to that

what points are you referring to?

and why do we have to always align with our gender or even on issues that have serious implications, its especially counter productive as blk ppl

anyways you seem to be stuck in you ways and proud

considering the aforementioned, as far as pamphlets do your googles and it really just depends on your location

I get most info via word of mouth, social media

• LordZuko
    Options

You tip toeing fam. Like you take eight paragraphs to say what can be said in three sentences.

And you spending all this back and forth energy on this ? for what reason?
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited September 2017
    Options

that is what I've been doing, presenting knowledge...I 've given out links

yet I get attacked or/and dismissed same if I was antagonistic from the jump

and these sites are publicly available

rallies are open to the public

you want ppl to strong-arm other platforms ??? lol go door to door. stand on street corners?

if you care it is going to require some research and reading, can't just spoon feed yall everything

or just admit that you don't care enough to do so

Now you're starting to delve into the area of bullshitting that these dudes are accusing you of. Let's keep it real. You don't do what I'm saying. What you do is come into topics like this or other similar and try to convince of us that we're all deficient in our attitudes and actions towards women.

You mentioned Dorothy Irene Height? How many topics have you made to inform us about who she is? How many posts have you made dropping knowledge about her? How many times have you just tried to build with us on the contributions of her and other woman? From what I've seen, none. The only time you name drop is when you want to push your feminist rhetoric and illustrate how we men have wronged ya'll in some way. And now you want to get condescending because I'm suggesting that you can bring information to the table. You know why we know so much about MLK, X, Garvey and some others. Cause ? share what they know about those dudes unprompted, and when other ? ask for more info we don't just give them some "I ain't spoonfeeding you ? . Just admit you don't care."

lol @ the bolded

glad you admitted to that

what points are you referring to?

and why do we have to always align with our gender or even on issues that have serious implications, its especially counter productive as blk ppl

anyways you seem to be stuck in you ways and proud

considering the aforementioned, as far as pamphlets do your googles and it really just depends on your location

I get most info via word of mouth, social media

I don't know what's funny about the bold. We don't have a problem admitting our faults. You're the ones that can't seem to admit you do anything wrong without somehow tracing it back to the sins of men.

There are a lot of points, but the one that probably comes up the most is the reaction to ? . Ya'll feel we should more quickly accept with accusers say. We believe in due process. We're never going to agree on it, and it's not about blindly siding with gender. For ya'll, the bigger concern is being ? . For us, the bigger concern is being falsely accused of ? . But again, let's be real. Part of the reason men on this site are so dismissive of rapes stems from the fact that ya'll are quick to dismiss how often women lie and how devastating it can be when they do. And so we're stuck on ? like that.

The rest of your post is just more condescension so no reason to really address.
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited September 2017
    Options
    LordZuko wrote: »

You tip toeing fam. Like you take eight paragraphs to say what can be said in three sentences.

I'm not really sure what you mean. They make multiple points. I address each of their points. If those points have merit I acknowledge it. If those posts are ? , I say that too. You say I can say the same thing in three sentences. That's not really true. What I can do is dismiss their points, call them ? , and tell them to shut the ? up like you ? do. I'm not going to do that because it's pointless and honestly every bit as bitchmade as you accuse them of being.

Also, it was a slow day at work and 3 paragraphs wastes more time than 3 sentences.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ok.

Men mistreating women ain't exclusive to black women.
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    to be real the regular straight working class black man is the one who gets treated the worst...

Westie u laughing but lets keep it real... what rights group speaks up for us? U got the whole ? agenda and the pushing of men to be feminine... feminist movements and women issues U got the whole tricking and money being whats important... so for the averege black man working check to check who aint ? who looks out or cares about them?

Are you a men's rights activist? I think you might be because you sound like those white guys. Let me ask you this Who gives a ? when a black Trans woman is killed? And might not be enough people but who is Marching In the Street For the black men who get killed by police? We Care meaning black women and a lot of ? Black people when it's y'all. Do you show up for black women, ? people who are black? Trans people who are black? Or do you not give a ? about them?

The first bold. Are you serious? When is the killer of a black trans person not prosecuted on murder and hate crimes? Trannies are actually protected by this country. Even the black ones.

The second. Black women are not targeted like black men, but black males have shown much support for black female victiims.

I personally don't give a ? about a ? or ? person lol but they are not being oppressed because of their sexuality and are actually protected. They are constantly changing laws for them so stop comparing it to the black struggle.

first of all is trans not ? . That's offensive. secondly black Trans women are killed at a ridiculous rate and very unprotected. now being that you don't give a ? , I'm sure you didn't look at the statistics so I'm not going to bother to link you to something you don't give a ? about.

You - A BLACK STRAIGHT MAN - not giving a ? about another BLACK person's issue is the entire point of this article so... Every single response to this issue In this thread has been the same. Homophobic and bigoted. Nobody else's issues matter to you but those that immediately effect you. Sound familiar?? Point proven. Thank you.

also, check between your legs. Do you have a ? or a ? ? Oh really? There's a ? there? That means you are not to speak on black women's issues telling a black woman what they don't go through. ? out of here.

If you look between a "trans woman's" legs there's a ? there too. Pause. Yet you're fighting for them to have an opinion on women's issues. Smh. Bass ackwards ass.
  • LordZuko
    Options

I'm not really sure what you mean. They make multiple points. I address each of their points. If those points have merit I acknowledge it. If those posts are ? , I say that too. You say I can say the same thing in three sentences. That's not really true. What I can do is dismiss their points, call them ? , and tell them to shut the ? up like you ? do. I'm not going to do that because it's pointless and honestly every bit as bitchmade as you accuse them of being.

Also, it was a slow day at work and 3 paragraphs wastes more time than 3 sentences.

Bro. You are writing as if she isn't using strawman arguments in the first place. You make a point and she either gaslight you or moves the goal posts. I don't even address her.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »
    This identity politics ? gets dumber every day.

"identity Politics" is white peoples new and improved version of "the race card"
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

Bro. You are writing as if she isn't using strawman arguments in the first place. You make a point and she either gaslight you or moves the goal posts. I don't even address her.

You aren't wrong. I admit that.
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    edited September 2017
    Options

He's right?

How so? lol

Moving the goal post?

Yall ? man ....smh
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

He's right?

How so? lol

Moving the goal post?

Yall ? man ....smh

First, you tell us that we need to listen to what you guys are saying.

We say "Ok, educate us. Give us the knowledge you think we should have."

Then you say "I'm not going to spoonfeed it to you. If you want to know you have to do your own research, and if you don't do that then you must not care."

That would be moving the goalpost.
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    edited September 2017
    Options

He's right?

How so? lol

Moving the goal post?

Yall ? man ....smh

Then you say "I'm not going to spoonfeed it to you. If you want to know you have to do your own research, and if you don't do that then you must not care."

Meaning im not going to be giving out history lessons when u have google

Otherwise ive explained in great detail why i believe the article has some merit and why other blk women may agree

And how i believe that can be remedied
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Madame_CJSkywalker I see you doing all this talking about men needing to do this and needing to do that. What are you suggestions for how men can prevent some other men from being misogynistic to women, stop abuse in relationships and stop men from sexually assaulting their spouse? How do you possibly expect a man to stop a guy from hurting a woman that wants to be with that guy? Explain? We don't have mind control over other men.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

He's right?

How so? lol

Moving the goal post?

Yall ? man ....smh

Meaning im not going to be giving out history lessons when u have google

Otherwise ive explained in great detail why i believe the article has some merit and why other blk women may agree

And how i believe that can be remedied

You don't have to give history lessons, but if you can throw names of women in our face when you want to make a point that we don't honor them enough, why can't you throw those names out under less confrontational circumstances. No one is telling you to be our sole source for information, but its silly to keep telling us that we should learn and then backpedal when someone says "teach us."