aneed123 wrote: »
    Westie wrote: »
    Copper wrote: »
    It's true tho.

Fight me.

Does this make black women the white women of black people?

actually yes.

Which means you benefit from the privilege while complaining about it and playing the victim at the same time?

most people benefit from some form of privilege. There is a hierarchy Within sexes and sexual orientation.

aka im cool with hierarchy when I benefit from it as a woman but im gonna complain about percieved misogynustic stuff cuz men benefit... thats what its really about. control and power. womwn want to be the head and its not suppossed to be like that

yeah well I don't want to be the head of the household I want to be taken care of so... Not a feminist That doesn't apply to me.

but if it did, why isn't it supposed to be like that? Because the Bible said it? Which religious texts would you like to quote?

Because like it or not men are the head... one sude of ur mouth u saying i wanna be taken care of... but then out the other side u say why men spose to lead...lol how u gonna lead but being taken care of?
  • LordZuko
    LordZuko Members Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black women are clowns and the black Men are self deprecating for their approval are even bigger fools.

Peep the fact that this ? tagged the article under Black Women. Which means despite the fact the subject and stated audience of the article is black Men, the author is in fact desiring the attention of black women.

This article isn't meant to call black men to the carpet to have a come to Jesus moment. This purpose of this article is to validate the feelings, not facts floating around the black female fuckery hive mind.

To answer the purpose of anything, you simply must ask yourself cui bono, who benefits? Who benefits from this hit piece? That's an open ended question i pose to the forum. I'll come back later with my thoughts.
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Some people don't have or haven't had enough problems in their lives.

Meaning, when you go through real ? , you don't sit and think about ? like this and after you go through years of real ? , you won't make time for it either.

I view people like the author of this article as grown children seeking attention out of boredom. I don't engage them or offer opinions on their content either. Whatever they think is on them. They gotta carry that ? around, not me.
  • brown321
    brown321 Members Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You ? rank at the bottom of all metrics...You are white men.

Dumb ? logic
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Procreating/ fornicating with men with misogynistic views is the biggest support/reinforcer of mysoginy there is

you have a point I have to rethink my sexual positions now.

Backshots
  • gorilla
    gorilla Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gorilla wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    The argument that my mere existence is "problematic" is a concept I wholly reject. I don't care what a self-defacing ? writes.

The Assassination of the Black Male image continues decades after Earl Ofari Hutchinson wrote the book. Now we're all rapists, thugs, wife-beaters and abusers. Sadly, when Hutchinson wrote that book he was talking about WHITE people assassinating the black male image, now its self-hating negros and black women. The irony.

why is talking about the reality of what blk women face anti-blk male?

is there not misogyny within the blk community?

blk women, same a blk men, are dying at the hands of our male counterparts at alarming rates...why is that not worth a discussion?

why are always told we’re being divisive when we talk about what’s going on? that has a silencing effect

if you read the article with a open mind, it's not your existence that is problematic ...but your complicity in propagating the status quo

The article is presented as anti-black man and who says good black men are complicit with our sisters being mistreated? Is there somebody keeping track? Or is this a generalization/propaganda to push an anti black male (really an anti male period) agenda

forget the article for minute

i'm speaking on my own observations

for example, planned parenthood which provides vital health care services to a lot of young and or low income blk women such as pre cancer screenings is losing funding

we had a couple rallies around metro detroit back in February, the ones i attended there was barely any blk men in attendance.... no boyfriends, no husbands, no brothers, etc

what i do observe is blk men among other blk men freely pushing this narrative planned parenthood is part of some evil conspiracy to ? blk babies

or like when rick ross spoke of slipping "molly" in a woman's drink or the fact that he wouldn't sign a female rapper because he would be too tempted to "? her"...silence from most blk men

You really expecting black men with common sense to support planned parenthood? The planned parenthood started by Margaret ? ? It should be common knowledge what that program was designed to do under the guise of "womens rights".

And as for ricky rozay, I definitely saw dudes on here saying that wasn't cool. But really. this is a fraud ass rapper we talkin about. Nobody takes him seriously. he's says ? for shock value.

Again I have to ask, what is the goal here? As previously stated, if it's not all,most or even half of black men, is this something to be outrage about when WE black men and black women, have the whole world against US as it is?

• Madame_CJSkywalker
    Madame_CJSkywalker Members Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm sick of this "but but but black women get treated the worst" ? . It divides us as a people and usually generates from man hating ? or ? ass dudes raised by man hating ? .

I don't know any black man that would argue that our sisters don't have it as hard as us, we in this ? together. However we are attacked on different fronts, in different ways. The only thing we should be doing is trying to build together instead of trying to make enemies out of each other. The problem is there's a large segment of our sisters who want attention and control. So they make us out to be on par with the white man's evilness.
    Lmfao
    ironic. Post is ironic.

Doesn't make it any less true. And I'll say the same thing about black men who hate black women simply out of their experiences with the bad ones they've chosen. It goes both way but here we're talking about the monster we are being made out to be by our own community.

yes or no - are there black men who are monsters?

Of course. But are all or even the vast majority? This article seems to try and insinuate that.

okay I didn't interpret that. My whole point is there are many black men Who don't give a ? about issues that are concerning black women, ? black people, trans black people. Anything that doesn't fit into their straight male box. A lot like white people. That's all I'm saying. that doesn't mean that it's all black men or most black men or half of black men their means that there is a population that doesn't really give a ? about the rest of black people.

So if it's not all, most or even half then why is this being constantly pushed?

blk women have to take a look in the mirror as well

that said, yes, not all blk men are misogynistic or sexist or violent woman beaters ...that is not the argument

the issue is when we try to speak on misogyny and issues that impact blk women specifically , our concerns are met with push back or dismissed or we are met with silence

primarily silence

for example, i rarely have observed blk men speak out against the misogyny within our society or even within their own circle

but there is an argument to be made that while you may not be misogynistic " allowing our cousins and brothers and co-workers and friends to use misogynistic language propagates that culture of danger for blk women."

Again, if it's not all, most or even half, then it's simply "some" or it could even be many but why is it constantly promoted as an accurate picture of black men as a whole?

Let's be real here, for every so called misogynistic black man, there's a woman who represents the female version of that. It's called people being ? . We gonna act like black men are just cool with black women being mistreated? But I bet we'll ignore the fact that it's way less likely for anyone to give a rats ass if a black man is getting punched slapped and kicked by a black woman, yet if he finally defends himself it's all "that's a female".

I ain't one of the dudes that mistreats my black wife, my black daughters, my black mother, aunts, nieces sisters etc. Nor are any of the brothers I surround myself with. You ain't just gonna do whatever you feel to a sister around us. I see many black men like this, yet we always talk about this unsubstantiated number of black men that doesn't amount to all, most or half.

again the issue is when we try to speak on misogyny and issues that impact blk women specifically , our concerns are met with push back or dismissed or we are met with silence

the article nor is anyone in this thread trying to push this narrative that all blk men are misogynistic or sexist or violent woman beaters ... think we can all agree that is the far from the truth

that said, equivalating someone's misogyny to someone just being an ? is the dismissive attitude the article is taking about

good you defend and treat the women around you with respect, but that isn't something i have always experienced or observed from other men of all races. and plenty of blk women would concur. and that is nothing we have just been feed

we live in a deeply misogynistic society. and before you start, misogyny doesn’t just mean hatred of women. It means hatred of everything having to do with women

ours is a society where females as young as 10 are blamed for their ? ; almost close to half of female homicide victims were killed by their husbands or male love interest; unlike most the majority of countries on this earth we never had a female president; women who take on attributes typically associated with masculinity, such as being non emotional, are rewarded for the most part; men who take on attributes of femininity are seen as weak and worthy of ridicule. and this is not, or not only, because they violate gender roles, but is specifically because femininity is largely associated with bad things
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao at this ? being exclusive to black men.
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm sick of this "but but but black women get treated the worst" ? . It divides us as a people and usually generates from man hating ? or ? ass dudes raised by man hating ? .

I don't know any black man that would argue that our sisters don't have it as hard as us, we in this ? together. However we are attacked on different fronts, in different ways. The only thing we should be doing is trying to build together instead of trying to make enemies out of each other. The problem is there's a large segment of our sisters who want attention and control. So they make us out to be on par with the white man's evilness.
    Lmfao
    ironic. Post is ironic.

Doesn't make it any less true. And I'll say the same thing about black men who hate black women simply out of their experiences with the bad ones they've chosen. It goes both way but here we're talking about the monster we are being made out to be by our own community.

Of course. But are all or even the vast majority? This article seems to try and insinuate that.

okay I didn't interpret that. My whole point is there are many black men Who don't give a ? about issues that are concerning black women, ? black people, trans black people. Anything that doesn't fit into their straight male box. A lot like white people. That's all I'm saying. that doesn't mean that it's all black men or most black men or half of black men their means that there is a population that doesn't really give a ? about the rest of black people.

that said, yes, not all blk men are misogynistic or sexist or violent woman beaters ...that is not the argument

the issue is when we try to speak on misogyny and issues that impact blk women specifically , our concerns are met with push back or dismissed or we are met with silence

primarily silence

for example, i rarely have observed blk men speak out against the misogyny within our society or even within their own circle

but there is an argument to be made that while you may not be misogynistic " allowing our cousins and brothers and co-workers and friends to use misogynistic language propagates that culture of danger for blk women."

Again, if it's not all, most or even half, then it's simply "some" or it could even be many but why is it constantly promoted as an accurate picture of black men as a whole?

Let's be real here, for every so called misogynistic black man, there's a woman who represents the female version of that. It's called people being ? . We gonna act like black men are just cool with black women being mistreated? But I bet we'll ignore the fact that it's way less likely for anyone to give a rats ass if a black man is getting punched slapped and kicked by a black woman, yet if he finally defends himself it's all "that's a female".

I ain't one of the dudes that mistreats my black wife, my black daughters, my black mother, aunts, nieces sisters etc. Nor are any of the brothers I surround myself with. You ain't just gonna do whatever you feel to a sister around us. I see many black men like this, yet we always talk about this unsubstantiated number of black men that doesn't amount to all, most or half.

again the issue is when we try to speak on misogyny and issues that impact blk women specifically , our concerns are met with push back or dismissed or we are met with silence

the article nor is anyone in this thread trying to push this narrative that all blk men are misogynistic or sexist or violent woman beaters ... think we can all agree that is the far from the truth

that said, equivalating someone's misogyny to someone just being an ? is the dismissive attitude the article is taking about

good you defend and treat the women around you with respect, but that isn't something i have always experienced or observed from other men of all races. and plenty of blk women would concur. and that is nothing we have just been feed

we live in a deeply misogynistic society. and before you start, misogyny doesn’t just mean hatred of women. It means hatred of everything having to do with women

ours is a society where females as young as 10 are blamed for their ? ; almost close to half of female homicide victims were killed by their husbands or male love interest; unlike most the majority of countries on this earth we never had a female president; women who take on attributes typically associated with masculinity, such as being non emotional, are rewarded for the most part; men who take on attributes of femininity are seen as weak and worthy of ridicule. and this is not, or not only, because they violate gender roles, but is specifically because femininity is largely associated with bad things

I know one thing: Black women most definitely should not be boxing judges.
  • Copper
    Options
    They want black men to jump in front of bullets for everybody while we out here taking bullets from everybody....literally
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Lmao at this ? being exclusive to black men.

Yea i didnt even look at the article basically what someone said on another board said this can be applied to men across the board.. but this is some click bait ?
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Options
    The argument that my mere existence is "problematic" is a concept I wholly reject. I don't care what a self-defacing ? writes.

The Assassination of the Black Male image continues decades after Earl Ofari Hutchinson wrote the book. Now we're all rapists, thugs, wife-beaters and abusers. Sadly, when Hutchinson wrote that book he was talking about WHITE people assassinating the black male image, now its self-hating negros and black women. The irony.

blk women, same a blk men, are dying at the hands of our male counterparts at alarming rates...why is that not worth a discussion?

why are always told we’re being divisive when we talk about what’s going on? that has a silencing effect

if you read the article with a open mind, it's not your existence that is problematic ...but your complicity in propagating the status quo

The article is presented as anti-black man and who says good black men are complicit with our sisters being mistreated? Is there somebody keeping track? Or is this a generalization/propaganda to push an anti black male (really an anti male period) agenda

forget the article for minute

i'm speaking on my own observations

for example, planned parenthood which provides vital health care services to a lot of young and or low income blk women such as pre cancer screenings is losing funding

we had a couple rallies around metro detroit back in February, the ones i attended there was barely any blk men in attendance.... no boyfriends, no husbands, no brothers, etc

what i do observe is blk men among other blk men freely pushing this narrative planned parenthood is part of some evil conspiracy to ? blk babies

or like when rick ross spoke of slipping "molly" in a woman's drink or the fact that he wouldn't sign a female rapper because he would be too tempted to "? her"...silence from most blk men

You really expecting black men with common sense to support planned parenthood? The planned parenthood started by Margaret ? ? It should be common knowledge what that program was designed to do under the guise of "womens rights".

And as for ricky rozay, I definitely saw dudes on here saying that wasn't cool. But really. this is a fraud ass rapper we talkin about. Nobody takes him seriously. he's says ? for shock value.

Again I have to ask, what is the goal here? As previously stated, if it's not all,most or even half of black men, is this something to be outrage about when WE black men and black women, have the whole world against US as it is?

sigh....

so you are one of those brothas lol

regardless of what happened in the past

planned parenthood is doing good in the community today if you actually do your research. i and other women close to me who have used their healthcare services because we had no other options can attest to that

and it's not just about ricky rozay...its about hiphop culture period...american culture really

not all of you are misogynistic or woman beaters....but an alarming amount of you are silent or dismissive

the goal is we want you're support
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so are the "real ? " ? ?

Real ? :

to0lxh7kdbov.jpg

nh
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »

Lmfao
    ironic. Post is ironic.

primarily silence

what?

explain

i'm having a slow moment...

• Madame_CJSkywalker
    Options
    Procreating/ fornicating with men with misogynistic views is the biggest support/reinforcer of mysoginy there is

lol

as if women can't have misogynistic views

or that women who actually see misogyny as being a problem are consciously marrying and procreating with these men
  • deadeye
    Options
    While the title is a joke and obvious click bait, the author makes some good points

This passage in particular

The effects of racism—metaphysical and literal—and the existential dread and dangers felt when existing while black are not exclusive to black men and boys. They face the same racisms we do and the same doubts from whites about whether the racism actually exists that we do, and then they’re attempt to convince their brothers and partners and friends and fathers and cousins and lovers of the dangers of existing as a black woman, they’re met with the same doubts. The same resistance. The same questions. They are not believed in the (predominantly white) world or in their (predominantly black) communities. And we (black men) remain either uninterested in sincerely addressing and destructing this culture of danger and pervasive doubt or refusing to admit it even exists.

The title is a joke and obvious clickbait.

Which is the main reason why he won't be taken seriously even if there may be some truth in what he says.

All he needed to do was say that some black men need to be more sensitive to the obstacles that black women face and not dismiss them as insignificant.

But because he's so focused on shocking people and getting attention, all anyone will talk about is the title of the article and probably won't even read it because it sounds so ridiculous.

So, ironically, in trying to bring attention to something that definitely needs to be addressed.........he's actually done the opposite by diverting people's attention away from it.
  • Copper
    Options

lol

as if women can't have misogynistic views

or that women who actually see misogyny as being a problem are consciously marrying and procreating with these men

So if that's the consensus why only come at black men in such an assinine way.

The same women who complain about men with those views are often the ones dating them
  • deadeye
    Options
    It's true tho.

Fight me.

Won't fight you, but this will suffice:

o8dq6x091qos.gif
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »

Lmfao
    ironic. Post is ironic.

primarily silence

what?

explain

i'm having a slow moment...

It's a boxing joke. Look up the dumb broad that judged the triple G, Canelo fight.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    7figz wrote: »
    I'm trying not to read this straight through right now, is he saying that 'Straight Black men treat Black women the way America treated Black people' ?

If so, my guess is he's a ? .

He's one of them lesbian ? .

@CapitalB This is the dude you were born to take on. Get 'em.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Why not focus on the black women who are also complicit in this who are also closer to you as a black woman and will listen to you?

Or why not focus on the person who is responsible for this issue??
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nvm Ima sit this one out
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Stop it. When have you ever heard a black man say that women don't face racism or the problems associated with racism? Who are these people that ignore those problems? We all drowning. It's just a fact that black men are drowning faster, so why do ya'll always feel this need to complain about the fact that the rescuers are trying to save the black men first? We've done this dance before.

Black women have issues that need to be addressed, many of which black men don't have. So it's completely fair to speak out to bring those to the forefront. But it says a lot about ya'll and your supporters as a group that you feel the need to so regularly resort to throwing black men under the bus to be heard. You'll do that ? and then beat us over the heads about how ya'll always have our backs. Ya'll got our backs rather, or at least ya'll got your heels in out backs as you step on us to get to wherever you feel like you're going.