gorilla wrote: »
    Westie wrote: »
    I'm sick of this "but but but black women get treated the worst" ? . It divides us as a people and usually generates from man hating ? or ? ass dudes raised by man hating ? .

I don't know any black man that would argue that our sisters don't have it as hard as us, we in this ? together. However we are attacked on different fronts, in different ways. The only thing we should be doing is trying to build together instead of trying to make enemies out of each other. The problem is there's a large segment of our sisters who want attention and control. So they make us out to be on par with the white man's evilness.
    Lmfao
    ironic. Post is ironic.

Doesn't make it any less true. And I'll say the same thing about black men who hate black women simply out of their experiences with the bad ones they've chosen. It goes both way but here we're talking about the monster we are being made out to be by our own community.

yes or no - are there black men who are monsters?

Of course. But are all or even the vast majority? This article seems to try and insinuate that.

okay I didn't interpret that. My whole point is there are many black men Who don't give a ? about issues that are concerning black women, ? black people, trans black people. Anything that doesn't fit into their straight male box. A lot like white people. That's all I'm saying. that doesn't mean that it's all black men or most black men or half of black men their means that there is a population that doesn't really give a ? about the rest of black people.

So if it's not all, most or even half then why is this being constantly pushed?

blk women have to take a look in the mirror as well

that said, yes, not all blk men are misogynistic or sexist or violent woman beaters ...that is not the argument

the issue is when we try to speak on misogyny and issues that impact blk women specifically , our concerns are met with push back or dismissed or we are met with silence

primarily silence

for example, i rarely have observed blk men speak out against the misogyny within our society or even within their own circle

but there is an argument to be made that while you may not be misogynistic " allowing our cousins and brothers and co-workers and friends to use misogynistic language propagates that culture of danger for blk women."

Again, if it's not all, most or even half, then it's simply "some" or it could even be many but why is it constantly promoted as an accurate picture of black men as a whole?

Let's be real here, for every so called misogynistic black man, there's a woman who represents the female version of that. It's called people being ? . We gonna act like black men are just cool with black women being mistreated? But I bet we'll ignore the fact that it's way less likely for anyone to give a rats ass if a black man is getting punched slapped and kicked by a black woman, yet if he finally defends himself it's all "that's a female".

I ain't one of the dudes that mistreats my black wife, my black daughters, my black mother, aunts, nieces sisters etc. Nor are any of the brothers I surround myself with. You ain't just gonna do whatever you feel to a sister around us. I see many black men like this, yet we always talk about this unsubstantiated number of black men that doesn't amount to all, most or half.

again the issue is when we try to speak on misogyny and issues that impact blk women specifically , our concerns are met with push back or dismissed or we are met with silence

the article nor is anyone in this thread trying to push this narrative that all blk men are misogynistic or sexist or violent woman beaters ... think we can all agree that is the far from the truth

that said, equivalating someone's misogyny to someone just being an ? is the dismissive attitude the article is taking about

good you defend and treat the women around you with respect, but that isn't something i have always experienced or observed from other men of all races. and plenty of blk women would concur. and that is nothing we have just been feed

we live in a deeply misogynistic society. and before you start, misogyny doesn’t just mean hatred of women. It means hatred of everything having to do with women

ours is a society where females as young as 10 are blamed for their ? ; almost close to half of female homicide victims were killed by their husbands or male love interest; unlike most the majority of countries on this earth we never had a female president; women who take on attributes typically associated with masculinity, such as being non emotional, are rewarded for the most part; men who take on attributes of femininity are seen as weak and worthy of ridicule. and this is not, or not only, because they violate gender roles, but is specifically because femininity is largely associated with bad things

Almost every ill act you mention that happens to women happens to men. Where's the outrage there? Where's the outcry over newborn boys and circumcision? How about suicide rights of men and the reasons why? There are issues that affect everybody.

I think feminism is to blame for a majority of this rift in our community. Black women aligned themselves with racist ass white women who had a bone to pick with their men. For all that sisterhood talk they wouldn't even let the black women march with them. They had to march behind them. They used black women simply as numbers for their cause. Black men had no power to oppress black women and still don't. If anything black men clung to their women because at the end of the day, they were all they had. At least according to what I've studied (not googled) regarding our time here in this country.

You point out that some black men are absent, complicit or silent. Why do you think that may be? Men are men, and society has continued over the last few decades to emasculate men to accommodate the feminist agenda, which in turn helps the oppressor by making men less vocal about everything. Men used to take pride in being protectors and providers. Well when you have women screaming how they don't need this and that and what they can do for themselves, then men say "ok ? it then."

If men speak up, we're misogynistic, too aggressive. If we are silent, we're being complicit. Either you want men to be true men, or submissive boys. Can't have both.

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    The argument that my mere existence is "problematic" is a concept I wholly reject. I don't care what a self-defacing ? writes.

The Assassination of the Black Male image continues decades after Earl Ofari Hutchinson wrote the book. Now we're all rapists, thugs, wife-beaters and abusers. Sadly, when Hutchinson wrote that book he was talking about WHITE people assassinating the black male image, now its self-hating negros and black women. The irony.

why is talking about the reality of what blk women face anti-blk male?

is there not misogyny within the blk community?

blk women, same a blk men, are dying at the hands of our male counterparts at alarming rates...why is that not worth a discussion?

why are always told we’re being divisive when we talk about what’s going on? that has a silencing effect

if you read the article with a open mind, it's not your existence that is problematic ...but your complicity in propagating the status quo

Me refusing to accept responsibility for another man's actions ain't silencing you.

Not allowing you to generalize me ain't silencing you.

It boils down to this from the perspective given: either you are an abuser/misogynist or you're complicit in misogyny and abuse so either way you're guilty and to that I say: ? you.

To think starting a discussion by stripping one of their identity is bad form and shows that it's not conversation, it's mudslinging. I have no interest in it.
  • gorilla
    gorilla Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The argument that my mere existence is "problematic" is a concept I wholly reject. I don't care what a self-defacing ? writes.

The Assassination of the Black Male image continues decades after Earl Ofari Hutchinson wrote the book. Now we're all rapists, thugs, wife-beaters and abusers. Sadly, when Hutchinson wrote that book he was talking about WHITE people assassinating the black male image, now its self-hating negros and black women. The irony.

blk women, same a blk men, are dying at the hands of our male counterparts at alarming rates...why is that not worth a discussion?

why are always told we’re being divisive when we talk about what’s going on? that has a silencing effect

if you read the article with a open mind, it's not your existence that is problematic ...but your complicity in propagating the status quo

The article is presented as anti-black man and who says good black men are complicit with our sisters being mistreated? Is there somebody keeping track? Or is this a generalization/propaganda to push an anti black male (really an anti male period) agenda

forget the article for minute

i'm speaking on my own observations

for example, planned parenthood which provides vital health care services to a lot of young and or low income blk women such as pre cancer screenings is losing funding

we had a couple rallies around metro detroit back in February, the ones i attended there was barely any blk men in attendance.... no boyfriends, no husbands, no brothers, etc

what i do observe is blk men among other blk men freely pushing this narrative planned parenthood is part of some evil conspiracy to ? blk babies

or like when rick ross spoke of slipping "molly" in a woman's drink or the fact that he wouldn't sign a female rapper because he would be too tempted to "? her"...silence from most blk men

You really expecting black men with common sense to support planned parenthood? The planned parenthood started by Margaret ? ? It should be common knowledge what that program was designed to do under the guise of "womens rights".

And as for ricky rozay, I definitely saw dudes on here saying that wasn't cool. But really. this is a fraud ass rapper we talkin about. Nobody takes him seriously. he's says ? for shock value.

Again I have to ask, what is the goal here? As previously stated, if it's not all,most or even half of black men, is this something to be outrage about when WE black men and black women, have the whole world against US as it is?

sigh....

so you are one of those brothas lol

regardless of what happened in the past

planned parenthood is doing good in the community today if you actually do your research. i and other women close to me who have used their healthcare services because we had no other options can attest to that

and it's not just about ricky rozay...its about hiphop culture period...american culture really

not all of you are misogynistic or woman beaters....but an alarming amount of you are silent or dismissive

the goal is we want you're support

I cannot and will not condone a system designed to destroy the black family, so yeah, I'm one of them brothas. We can't excuse the past on everything. If we as a people stopped fighting long enough to work toward being self sufficient our sistas would have better options.

As far as hiphop again it goes both ways. And I find it funny you point out the actions of men yet ignore the responsibility of women. Even sticking just to hiphop, for every rapper on some ? this ? that, you got a amber rose, superhead, nicki minaj etc. Women contribute to it just as much as men. What about the women who promote the idea to our young girls that in order to become successful they gotta show some ass and ? ? Oh lemme guess those poor women were damaged by some evil man so it's not their fault.

We need more Queen Latifah "who you callin a ? ?" and less ? walks.
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Madame_CJSkywalker Members Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Procreating/ fornicating with men with misogynistic views is the biggest support/reinforcer of mysoginy there is

lol

as if women can't have misogynistic views

or that women who actually see misogyny as being a problem are consciously marrying and procreating with these men

So if that's the consensus why only come at black men in such an assinine way.

The same women who complain about men with those views are often the ones dating them

title was asinine....the thesis was bad as well

otherwise i believe a lot of misogyny stems from religious institutions ...which are largely male dominated

that said, i do believe men are the biggest propagators of misogyny and the least open to change....which explains why women who have internalized and perpetuate misogyny are not targeted as much

considering the author's audience is blk and he is a blk man, explains why he specifically targeted blk men

and again no-sign about the same women who complain about men with those views are often the ones dating them. at least they aren't consciously doing so...provide some receipts with the exception of anyone who has seriously dated rick ross or 21 savage
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Procreating/ fornicating with men with misogynistic views is the biggest support/reinforcer of mysoginy there is

you have a point I have to rethink my sexual positions now.

lol

Translation: we aint about to stop ? with the type of ? we complain about...that would be too logical
  • 5onblackhandside
    5onblackhandside Members Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i aint reading all dat, but seem like a moist ass ? in his ? feelings, no ? !
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not even gonna read the article, but I told yall this ? was coming. Black men are the last stand of masculinity around these days. That's why nearly every black dude on TV is "safe" or ? .
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Options

The article is presented as anti-black man and who says good black men are complicit with our sisters being mistreated? Is there somebody keeping track? Or is this a generalization/propaganda to push an anti black male (really an anti male period) agenda

forget the article for minute

i'm speaking on my own observations

for example, planned parenthood which provides vital health care services to a lot of young and or low income blk women such as pre cancer screenings is losing funding

we had a couple rallies around metro detroit back in February, the ones i attended there was barely any blk men in attendance.... no boyfriends, no husbands, no brothers, etc

what i do observe is blk men among other blk men freely pushing this narrative planned parenthood is part of some evil conspiracy to ? blk babies

or like when rick ross spoke of slipping "molly" in a woman's drink or the fact that he wouldn't sign a female rapper because he would be too tempted to "? her"...silence from most blk men

You really expecting black men with common sense to support planned parenthood? The planned parenthood started by Margaret ? ? It should be common knowledge what that program was designed to do under the guise of "womens rights".

And as for ricky rozay, I definitely saw dudes on here saying that wasn't cool. But really. this is a fraud ass rapper we talkin about. Nobody takes him seriously. he's says ? for shock value.

Again I have to ask, what is the goal here? As previously stated, if it's not all,most or even half of black men, is this something to be outrage about when WE black men and black women, have the whole world against US as it is?

sigh....

so you are one of those brothas lol

regardless of what happened in the past

planned parenthood is doing good in the community today if you actually do your research. i and other women close to me who have used their healthcare services because we had no other options can attest to that

and it's not just about ricky rozay...its about hiphop culture period...american culture really

not all of you are misogynistic or woman beaters....but an alarming amount of you are silent or dismissive

the goal is we want you're support

I cannot and will not condone a system designed to destroy the black family, so yeah, I'm one of them brothas. We can't excuse the past on everything. If we as a people stopped fighting long enough to work toward being self sufficient our sistas would have better options.

As far as hiphop again it goes both ways. And I find it funny you point out the actions of men yet ignore the responsibility of women. Even sticking just to hiphop, for every rapper on some ? this ? that, you got a amber rose, superhead, nicki minaj etc. Women contribute to it just as much as men. What about the women who promote the idea to our young girls that in order to become successful they gotta show some ass and ? ? Oh lemme guess those poor women were damaged by some evil man so it's not their fault.

We need more Queen Latifah "who you callin a ? ?" and less ? walks.

where is this idea the planned parenthood of today is now out to destroy us coming from????and until the blK community becomes self sufficient want are we to do? health related issues can't wait months, years or even days to be addressed. most it's services rendered are not abortions...w...t..f....

and hiphop is male dominated and men are the taste makers and power players.... these are facts....nicki, amber don't run ? ....w..t....f...

and while the idea that in order to become successful they gotta show some ass and ?
    is problematic, it is true to a large extent because of the misogynistic and capitalist nature of our society...i.e. "women's work" being less valued...the glass ceiling...etc

especially in the entertainment industry

and if you don't look like nicki or amber you aren't going to get much attention for male AnR reps and other power players, regardless of the success of lauryn hill or queen latifa

polow da don, for ex, who was responsible for starting many careers ...has suggested looks is what drawn him first to his female prospects opposed to skill...you think he is the only one?

smh.... i'm open to holding women responsible for the part they play but let's be real...and let's not derail the thread
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »
    to be real the regular straight working class black man is the one who gets treated the worst...

Westie u laughing but lets keep it real... what rights group speaks up for us? U got the whole ? agenda and the pushing of men to be feminine... feminist movements and women issues U got the whole tricking and money being whats important... so for the averege black man working check to check who aint ? who looks out or cares about them?

Are you a men's rights activist? I think you might be because you sound like those white guys. Let me ask you this Who gives a ? when a black Trans woman is killed? And might not be enough people but who is Marching In the Street For the black men who get killed by police? We Care meaning black women and a lot of ? Black people when it's y'all. Do you show up for black women, ? people who are black? Trans people who are black? Or do you not give a ? about them?

That sellout Obama showed up in full force for the ? community them ? got more rights in 8 years than black people have in 400 years so they had a whole administration looking out for them but when it came to us.........
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Options

Stop it. When have you ever heard a black man say that women don't face racism or the problems associated with racism? Who are these people that ignore those problems? We all drowning. It's just a fact that black men are drowning faster, so why do ya'll always feel this need to complain about the fact that the rescuers are trying to save the black men first? We've done this dance before.

Black women have issues that need to be addressed, many of which black men don't have. So it's completely fair to speak out to bring those to the forefront. But it says a lot about ya'll and your supporters as a group that you feel the need to so regularly resort to throwing black men under the bus to be heard. You'll do that ? and then beat us over the heads about how ya'll always have our backs. Ya'll got our backs rather, or at least ya'll got your heels in out backs as you step on us to get to wherever you feel like you're going.

not trying to make it a competition which a lot you reduce it to...and this is not about throwing blk men under the bus

that said, yes blk men since are drowning faster that deserves an even more immediate response... but in the meantime we just want the same love from blk men that we've given them

these are not mutually exclusive ideas

this isn't directly specially towards you, but men in general

you see their is a woman's rally in your area, attend....ask yourself is your language or the media you consume perpetuating misogyny .... opposed to telling a woman what not to do to prevent street harassment, sexual assault, ? , etc check each other

voting is a big one. i know and observed a lot of blk men discourage voting, even though their vote could potentially help a blk person receive more sick days or get affordable child care or get a raise in pay...? that disproportionately impact blk women

i just don't see enough of that going on.....i'm assuming a lot of other blk women will concur
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh so what does that make straight white men the black people of white people????
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    edited September 2017
    Options

Me refusing to accept responsibility for another man's actions ain't silencing you.

It boils down to this from the perspective given: either you are an abuser/misogynist or you're complicit in misogyny and abuse so either way you're guilty and to that I say: ? you.

To think starting a discussion by stripping one of their identity is bad form and shows that it's not conversation, it's mudslinging. I have no interest in it.

those where just general questions

and did you read the article? in all it's entirety?
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

those where just general questions

and did you read the article? in all it's entirety?

If you begin a conversation with an insult why continue?
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    In these types of discussions the women just want to vent. They don't want any solutions.

what?

i'm respectfully raising valid concerns and gripes ...same as @Westie

but the majority of male posters won't move past the title of the article, what to change the subject or have resorted to name calling

how can we discuss the solutions, when we can't even discuss the issue
  • Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

you have a point I have to rethink my sexual positions now.

lol

Translation: we aint about to stop ? with the type of ? we complain about...that would be too logical

Can't even joke with you sensitive ? .
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Title is obviously click bait, but if women are the bottom of the totem pole in society...in almost every society...then it would stand to reason that it's also the case with us.
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Options

Stop it. When have you ever heard a black man say that women don't face racism or the problems associated with racism? Who are these people that ignore those problems? We all drowning. It's just a fact that black men are drowning faster, so why do ya'll always feel this need to complain about the fact that the rescuers are trying to save the black men first? We've done this dance before.

Black women have issues that need to be addressed, many of which black men don't have. So it's completely fair to speak out to bring those to the forefront. But it says a lot about ya'll and your supporters as a group that you feel the need to so regularly resort to throwing black men under the bus to be heard. You'll do that ? and then beat us over the heads about how ya'll always have our backs. Ya'll got our backs rather, or at least ya'll got your heels in out backs as you step on us to get to wherever you feel like you're going.

our main point of contention, which you continue to mischaracterize, is not not whether blk women face racism

it is to what extent

you have argued before that our gender shields blk women from a lot of racism, which is what i disagree with

just because more blk men have been gunned down by law enforcement doesn't make that true

• Westie
    Options
    In these types of discussions the women just want to vent. They don't want any solutions.

Yeah...we're venting in a thread littered in angry rants about how bad black women are. :/
  • Westie
    Options
    They want black men to jump in front of bullets for everybody while we out here taking bullets from everybody....literally

funny you say this in the whole point of the argument is that black women are out here getting ? on by white people and black men.
  • Copper
    Options
    They want black men to jump in front of bullets for everybody while we out here taking bullets from everybody....literally

funny you say this in the whole point of the argument is that black women are out here getting ? on by white people and black men.

How black men ? on you @westie?
  • Westie
    Options

How black men ? on you @westie?
    We're speaking in general terms bruh
  • Westie
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    I'm sick of this "but but but black women get treated the worst" ? . It divides us as a people and usually generates from man hating ? or ? ass dudes raised by man hating ? .

I don't know any black man that would argue that our sisters don't have it as hard as us, we in this ? together. However we are attacked on different fronts, in different ways. The only thing we should be doing is trying to build together instead of trying to make enemies out of each other. The problem is there's a large segment of our sisters who want attention and control. So they make us out to be on par with the white man's evilness.
    Lmfao
    ironic. Post is ironic.

Doesn't make it any less true. And I'll say the same thing about black men who hate black women simply out of their experiences with the bad ones they've chosen. It goes both way but here we're talking about the monster we are being made out to be by our own community.

yes or no - are there black men who are monsters?

Of course. But are all or even the vast majority? This article seems to try and insinuate that.

okay I didn't interpret that. My whole point is there are many black men Who don't give a ? about issues that are concerning black women, ? black people, trans black people. Anything that doesn't fit into their straight male box. A lot like white people. That's all I'm saying. that doesn't mean that it's all black men or most black men or half of black men their means that there is a population that doesn't really give a ? about the rest of black people.

Why should I? Seems to me most of them identify as ? and trans before black?

Everything ain't everybody's fight.

With all that said I still don't agree with any of them being mistreated or unfairly targeted but I damn for sure ain't about to fight for their issues either.

so should the ? black women who founded black lives matter fight for Straight black men?
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options

what?

i'm respectfully raising valid concerns and gripes ...same as @Westie

but the majority of male posters won't move past the title of the article, what to change the subject or have resorted to name calling

how can we discuss the solutions, when we can't even discuss the issue

Ok, so what are some solutions for solving this problem? Yes black men beat, ? , and terrorize black women. Now what do you think we and black women can do to fix this issue?
  • Copper
    Options
    Generally speaking, how are black men ? on you @westie??