Straight Black Men Are the White People of Black People

Options

Comments

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Westie wrote: »
    5th Letter wrote: »
    In these types of discussions the women just want to vent. They don't want any solutions.

Yeah...we're venting in a thread littered in angry rants about how bad black women are. :/

I said that to say that in these topics women just want to vent their issues and if men disagree then we're being dismissive.
  • Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Generally speaking, how are black men ? on you @westie??
    Are you?
  • Westie
    Options
    In these types of discussions the women just want to vent. They don't want any solutions.

Yeah...we're venting in a thread littered in angry rants about how bad black women are. :/

I said that to say that in these topics women just want to vent their issues and if men disagree then we're being dismissive.

What is there to disagree with tho? The title?
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Generally speaking, how are black men ? on you @westie??
    Are you?

Im I ? on you?

What kinda sick fantasies you got?
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Madame_CJSkywalker Members Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

nope

dis·mis·sive
    disˈmisiv/Submit
    adjective
    feeling or showing that something is unworthy of consideration.
    "he is too dismissive of the importance of the industrialists"
    synonyms: contemptuous, disdainful, scornful, sneering, snide, disparaging, negative
    "he was given a dismissive wave and sent on his way"

the majority of the posts in her from male posters have been dismissive
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Options

what?

i'm respectfully raising valid concerns and gripes ...same as @Westie

but the majority of male posters won't move past the title of the article, what to change the subject or have resorted to name calling

how can we discuss the solutions, when we can't even discuss the issue

Ok, so what are some solutions for solving this problem? Yes black men beat, ? , and terrorize black women. Now what do you think we and black women can do to fix this issue?

lol

if you actually would read my posts in their entirety and with an open mind i've given solutions
  • 5th Letter
    Options

The title for one (because there are a few black women that agree with it), secondly that black men don't protect or love black women, thirdly disagreeing with being thrown into the box and have to answer for the black men that do harm black women. Those are some examples.
  • 5th Letter
    Options

what?

but the majority of male posters won't move past the title of the article, what to change the subject or have resorted to name calling

Ok, so what are some solutions for solving this problem? Yes black men beat, ? , and terrorize black women. Now what do you think we and black women can do to fix this issue?

lol

if you actually would read my posts in their entirety and with an open mind i've given solutions

You very well might have, but I haven't read your posts in here it tl:dr
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    This has been a hilarious thread
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    edited September 2017
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    The argument that my mere existence is "problematic" is a concept I wholly reject. I don't care what a self-defacing ? writes.

The Assassination of the Black Male image continues decades after Earl Ofari Hutchinson wrote the book. Now we're all rapists, thugs, wife-beaters and abusers. Sadly, when Hutchinson wrote that book he was talking about WHITE people assassinating the black male image, now its self-hating negros and black women. The irony.

why is talking about the reality of what blk women face anti-blk male?

is there not misogyny within the blk community?

blk women, same a blk men, are dying at the hands of our male counterparts at alarming rates...why is that not worth a discussion?

why are always told we’re being divisive when we talk about what’s going on? that has a silencing effect

if you read the article with a open mind, it's not your existence that is problematic ...but your complicity in propagating the status quo

Me refusing to accept responsibility for another man's actions ain't silencing you.

Not allowing you to generalize me ain't silencing you.

It boils down to this from the perspective given: either you are an abuser/misogynist or you're complicit in misogyny and abuse so either way you're guilty and to that I say: ? you.

To think starting a discussion by stripping one of their identity is bad form and shows that it's not conversation, it's mudslinging. I have no interest in it.

those where just general questions

and did you read the article? in all it's entirety?

If you begin a conversation with an insult why continue?

i dunno

i'd continue because...

1. being a blk woman think i'm use to being insulted from jump

2. i'm not afraid of criticism

3. to strength my clap back game... especially when there is a good argument to be had

and generalizations can be useful ...

if you feel as though you aren't apart of the problem cool...though i've seen you post some misogynistic ? which suggest you have misogynistic leanings ...

think we all have been guilty at one point though, which isn't surprising all things considered

*shrugs*

• Westie
    Options

The title for one (because there are a few black women that agree with it), secondly that black men don't protect or love black women, thirdly disagreeing with being thrown into the box and have to answer for the black men that do harm black women. Those are some examples.

Answer for? Were you asked to go to jail for another man's crimes? No this comes from checking the ? around you and there are far too many of you that don't do that. There are some that do but I'm not going to act like I don't know ? and I do. You can see it on this site. That ? weirdo called black women clowns and a bunch of y'all co-signed it. any black man that comes to defend black women when the majority don't think that they should be is called ? , a lesbian, Etc here. But y'all protect us? HE didn't say SOME, but i gotta? So all black women are clowns but you don't have to answer for the next ? crime? not one of y'all checked him though. Standing up for us right? Laughable.

I enjoy making inflammatory statements, But it does remain true because here you are defending yourself and saying it's not me though I'm a good black man. sound familiar? I'm a good white person I'm not racist why are you making me answer for the racist's crimes? But y'all ain't going to agree and I'm cool with that. Protect yourselves 1st and foremost, i get it.
  • Westie
    Options
    Y'all will fight tooth and nail to tell a black woman how she shouldn't feel about dealing with black men. But none of y'all are black women. Funny but not really...
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    gorilla wrote: »
    I'm sick of this "but but but black women get treated the worst" ? . It divides us as a people and usually generates from man hating ? or ? ass dudes raised by man hating ? .

I don't know any black man that would argue that our sisters don't have it as hard as us, we in this ? together. However we are attacked on different fronts, in different ways. The only thing we should be doing is trying to build together instead of trying to make enemies out of each other. The problem is there's a large segment of our sisters who want attention and control. So they make us out to be on par with the white man's evilness.
    Lmfao
    ironic. Post is ironic.

Doesn't make it any less true. And I'll say the same thing about black men who hate black women simply out of their experiences with the bad ones they've chosen. It goes both way but here we're talking about the monster we are being made out to be by our own community.

yes or no - are there black men who are monsters?

Of course. But are all or even the vast majority? This article seems to try and insinuate that.

okay I didn't interpret that. My whole point is there are many black men Who don't give a ? about issues that are concerning black women, ? black people, trans black people

@Westie

Lol

It's actually the other way around.

Most black LGBT people put that......"movement"............before their race.

Basically, they consider themselves LGBT before they consider themselves black.

So why should we embrace them if the plight of black people as a whole isn't their main priority?
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    edited September 2017
    Options

what?

lol

you: women in these discussion want to just vent and don't want to talk solutions

me (a woman) : no... not true. i mentioned some solutions. have you read my post?

you: no...i'm too lazy to read a paragraph or two

ok lol....

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Y’all really hate women lol.
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    The person who wrote this only wrote it to gather emotions . ? this dude.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »
    to be real the regular straight working class black man is the one who gets treated the worst...

Westie u laughing but lets keep it real... what rights group speaks up for us? U got the whole ? agenda and the pushing of men to be feminine... feminist movements and women issues U got the whole tricking and money being whats important... so for the averege black man working check to check who aint ? who looks out or cares about them?

Are you a men's rights activist? I think you might be because you sound like those white guys. Let me ask you this Who gives a ? when a black Trans woman is killed? And might not be enough people but who is Marching In the Street For the black men who get killed by police? We Care meaning black women and a lot of ? Black people when it's y'all. Do you show up for black women, ? people who are black? Trans people who are black? Or do you not give a ? about them?

96ra6kn7mbep.gif

Hate to admit it, but she's got a point.

nh
  • Westie
    Options

what?

lol

you: oh women in these discussion want to just vent and don't to talk solutions

me (a woman) : no... not true. i mentioned some solutions. have you read my post?

you: no...i'm too lazy to read a paragraph or two

ok lol....

It's not dismissive tho, to tell you your opinion is invalid without even trying to understand it.
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    Don’t see how we can’t as men just say that some black men treat other blacks like ? .
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The argument that my mere existence is "problematic" is a concept I wholly reject. I don't care what a self-defacing ? writes.

The Assassination of the Black Male image continues decades after Earl Ofari Hutchinson wrote the book. Now we're all rapists, thugs, wife-beaters and abusers. Sadly, when Hutchinson wrote that book he was talking about WHITE people assassinating the black male image, now its self-hating negros and black women. The irony.

blk women, same a blk men, are dying at the hands of our male counterparts at alarming rates...why is that not worth a discussion?

why are always told we’re being divisive when we talk about what’s going on? that has a silencing effect

if you read the article with a open mind, it's not your existence that is problematic ...but your complicity in propagating the status quo

Me refusing to accept responsibility for another man's actions ain't silencing you.

It boils down to this from the perspective given: either you are an abuser/misogynist or you're complicit in misogyny and abuse so either way you're guilty and to that I say: ? you.

To think starting a discussion by stripping one of their identity is bad form and shows that it's not conversation, it's mudslinging. I have no interest in it.

i dunno

i'd continue because...

3. to strength my clap back game... especially when there is a good argument to be had

if you feel as though you aren't apart of the problem cool...though i've seen you post some misogynistic ? which suggest you have misogynistic leanings ...

think we all have been guilty at one point though, which isn't surprising all things considered

*shrugs*

You approach me with a hand out is a different conversation than approaching with a fist.

There is no conversation for the latter.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don’t see how we can’t as men just say that some black men treat other blacks like ? .

cause that would be givin these ? an inch!

u see how these ? do..
    give them a reply and 6 pages later and counting. smmfh
  • Hevalisk
    Hevalisk Members Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ain't this old? I know I've heard that phrase somewhere before

Yes, and no, it's been around in black women circles for a while, but this is the first time it's been put on a large enough stage for a large amount of black men to actually see.

As far as this discussion goes, I've talked about this on other boards.

Had some women talking about I need to take responsibility and be held accountable for dead beat dads, and murderers.

FOH.

I mean, I get what some of them are trying to say, but some of them are freaking crazy.
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Options

i dunno

i'd continue because...

*shrugs*

You approach me with a hand out is a different conversation than approaching with a fist.

There is no conversation for the latter.

good for you

there is nothing to discuss

exit > that way

• Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Feels flying everywhere. It's like Dodgeball in this ? .
  • 5th Letter
    Options

Answer for? Were you asked to go to jail for another man's crimes? No this comes from checking the ? around you and there are far too many of you that don't do that. There are some that do but I'm not going to act like I don't know ? and I do. You can see it on this site. That ? weirdo called black women clowns and a bunch of y'all co-signed it. any black man that comes to defend black women when the majority don't think that they should be is called ? , a lesbian, Etc here. But y'all protect us? HE didn't say SOME, but i gotta? So all black women are clowns but you don't have to answer for the next ? crime? not one of y'all checked him though. Standing up for us right? Laughable.

I enjoy making inflammatory statements, But it does remain true because here you are defending yourself and saying it's not me though I'm a good black man. sound familiar? I'm a good white person I'm not racist why are you making me answer for the racist's crimes? But y'all ain't going to agree and I'm cool with that. Protect yourselves 1st and foremost, i get it.

Checking ? about what exactly? The problem is painting black men with a broad stroke and then telling black men to accept the accusations. When ? like Tommy Sotomayor for example talk greasy about black women he gets checked. ? I even made the thread and most of the black men in that thread agreed that he deserved it. Is it fair to accept his and ? like him, generalizations about ALL black women and expect those that don't fit his and their negative view to speak for those bad black women and accept their criticism and ask them what must black women do to make those ? like black women? Exactly.