What's the most you ever made per hour? (spin off)

Options

Comments

• thegreatunknown
    thegreatunknown Members Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    Not sure because I was salaried for years and the hourly jobs I did have were entry level ? jobs..I think the most I made hourly with one of those was $15.50 a hr. Next year I'll start practicing and will prob bill around $250/hr...

Thats goat ? bruh.

What do you do?

I'm in my third year of law school, I graduate in May and will prob do securities law after graduation and passing the bar. 1st year associates typically bill around that amount(depending on the size of the firm and yearly billable requirements). Unfortunately the firm gets a good percentage of it...
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    MsSouthern wrote: »
    Hourly wage ....$25

But I've been salary for YEARS So that plus all the benefits I get ... not even sure how that breaks down hourly

Some of these wages have me curious to what y'all actually do

$190 an hour ? Wow :)

Most contract jobs are,without taxes... or insurance si u do ur own 1099 tax form and get ur own insurance. So 35 a hour is bout 67k tax free but u gonna pay bout 2k ti the irs.

When I add up all my salary and benefits etc I can break it down and see how much I make hourly

I just never look at it dollar for minute

• MsSouthern
    Options
    Not sure because I was salaried for years and the hourly jobs I did have were entry level ? jobs..I think the most I made hourly with one of those was $15.50 a hr. Next year I'll start practicing and will prob bill around $250/hr...

Thats goat ? bruh.

What do you do?

I'm in my third year of law school, I graduate in May and will prob do securities law after graduation and passing the bar. 1st year associates typically bill around that amount(depending on the size of the firm and yearly billable requirements). Unfortunately the firm gets a good percentage of it...

Is your plan to start your own firm ?

You can bumb that hourly rate up to $400 plus on your own and keep it all :)
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    $75 per hour doing a network cutover

I was the assistant tech, the network architect was making 160 cuz he had to do the cable runs
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Most I made hourly is as independent contractor doing design work for around $70 hourly. But I often have to split 20-40 percent of that with someone else on my team.

I do what I gotta do, but I really hate the idea of selling time. I much rather sell a license, service, contract, artwork or just product in general. It's quicker. Oh and, not that it's a way to get rich quick but ain't no money like art money!
  • thegreatunknown
    thegreatunknown Members Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options

Thats goat ? bruh.

What do you do?

I'll hang a shingle eventually, but I want to get my feet wet before I start my own practice. My goal is to start one about 3 years after I pass the bar...
  • MsSouthern
    Options

Thats goat ? bruh.

What do you do?

I'll hang a shingle eventually, but I want to get my feet wet before I start my own practice. My goal is to start one about 3 years after I pass the bar...

Best of luck ! A lot of hard work but it pays off for sure
  • kingtob330
    kingtob330 Members Posts: 418 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I see y’all getting money. Ain’t nothing like that tax free, middle finger to the system money tho..
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »
    Hourly wage ....$25

But I've been salary for YEARS So that plus all the benefits I get ... not even sure how that breaks down hourly

@MsSouthern

I'm a bank auditor for the federal government (FDIC). I specialize in consumer protection.

Lemme hold somethin
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    On my developer ? , I think I made $130 / hr on a single gig. Indians got the game ? up now tho.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    7figz wrote: »
    On my developer ? , I think I make $130 / hr on a single gig. Indians got the game ? up now tho.

Yeah, they really got the freelance game all ? up. Pajeet and Kumar charging $10/hr on Upwork and Freelancer for some ? that should be $40-$50/hr.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's ever equivalent to 80K annually. Printed out the offer letter for my archives I save em all from jobs over the yrs to show my growth. Worst yrs of my life. Never do it again they can have that bread. Makes sense now. Recently found out my Earth number is a 7 in numerology and money means NOTHING 2 us. That's me. Could careless bout big bucks. Been there. I like freedom and in and out of a job no take home ? or called in no more. They can have the titles.
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @AZTG ...Nah not all. Just posted earlier what I do for a living. I should have heeded the warning I was given: When U make $$$ like that, they OWN yo ass!!! Miss one phone call. Nieces 1st bday 4 get about it, @ the hospital with a fam member u better pick up. ? that! I love my freedom and when u single no kids u can feel the freedom. Can't hang $ or losing a job ova my head. ? em. It's liberating.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rickmogul wrote: »
    @AZTG ...Nah not all. Just posted earlier what I do for a living. I should have heeded the warning I was given: When U make $$$ like that, they OWN yo ass!!! Miss one phone call. Nieces 1st bday 4 get about it, @ the hospital with a fam member u better pick up. ? that! I love my freedom and when u single no kids u can feel the freedom. Can't hang $ or losing a job ova my head. ? em. It's liberating.

Its aight bro. We all been down.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    7figz wrote: »
    On my developer ? , I think I make $130 / hr on a single gig. Indians got the game ? up now tho.

Yeah, they really got the freelance game all ? up. Pajeet and Kumar charging $10/hr on Upwork and Freelancer for some ? that should be $40-$50/hr.

My bad, meant to say "made" that much. Nowadays it's more like 70-80. Those MFs be low-balling on some BS. Then when the project's late or got mad bugs, managers want to look at the whole team like it's ery'body fault.

Nah B, ask them MFs in Hyderabad and Chennai why ? ain't working.
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    One of them mfs played his hand as if I wasn't hip to the game and tried to quote me same rate as work done in the states. I cut losses on time and paid my homeboy instead. I know USD stretches pretty good in India, so I was surprised dude was trying to hit me with top dollar rates haha.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »
    Hourly wage ....$25

@MsSouthern

I'm a bank auditor for the federal government (FDIC). I specialize in consumer protection.

So when equifax got breached where was ya ass at dawg

129.gif

realizes that ain't got nothing to do with you/the bank but a joke is a joke lol
  • thagreat45
    thagreat45 Members Posts: 133 ✭✭
    Options
    Gotdamn you ? out here cakin' got me second guessing my damn job choices out here. Anywho, right now this the most I ever made. I'm at 15.38/hr as a machine operator on a fireman schedule 4 days 12hrs a day, then you off for 4 days.

During those 4 days you off, because of the high demand in my department overtime at time and a half is there 95% of the time. So add 2 to 3 days of OT a week at $22.50/hr on top of that and I'll probably pull in like $1600 to $2000 after taxes, benefits & 401k every 2 wks. It's not always there every pay period due to the nature of the rotating schedule but that's the gist of it.
  • TheNuttinProffessor
    TheNuttinProffessor Members Posts: 460 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Add Ukrainians, Russians, Filipinos, and the like to them lowballing ass chumps too. I have one client right now that went and hired a group of Ukrainians for cheap because he wanted to "get off hours coverage". I read that as "damn ? , you're expensive as ? , but I can't get rid of you 'cause I need your skills, but I'mma holler at these cheap foreigners to do the little ? I used to have you doing".
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you ? doing good.

props

4udk9ddhb4bp.png
    U such a ?