OFFICIAL 2017-2018 LOS ANGELES LAKERS THREAD

Options

Comments

• toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jonah 2.0 wrote: »
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    Last night's game was one of the best i have seen from Brandon Ingram. He was amazing on both ends of the floor. Glad he is improving steadily this season. Sky is the limit.

He was pressing in preseason and to start the regular season. He's more in the flow and just doing what he does. Good to see.

Lonzo's vision continues to amaze me.

• Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My only issue for now is we don’t have an identity... We got like 5 players all avg 14 ppg. Not mad at that per se but who is going to be “the guy” for this team?
  • toheeb27
    Options
    My only issue for now is we don’t have an identity... We got like 5 players all avg 14 ppg. Not mad at that per se but who is going to be “the guy” for this team?

Cream shall rise to the top....... My money is on Kuzma, dude is such an effortless scorer.
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    whats our cap space situation? wondering if Magic and Rob would take a flier on OK4 if he is bought out?
  • toheeb27
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »
    whats our cap space situation? wondering if Magic and Rob would take a flier on OK4 if he is bought out?

Man, with our bigs situation, i hope not. In the last 3-4 games, Randle has mainly played as the back up center. Nance and Kuzma split up the mins at PF. Bogut barely gets any playing time and Zubac is already buried on the bench and i think he is better than Okafor. Doubt we have enough playing time to give him.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lakers' Larry Nance suffers fractured hand, out indefinitely
    The Lakers might have lost their starting power forward for some time after Larry Nance Jr. suffered a broken hand in the third quarter against the Trail Blazers.

Nance underwent X-rays that revealed a fractured second metacarpal in his left hand. He left the game for good with 3:45 remaining in the third quarter. Nance might've injured the hand going for a block.

Nance has started all eight games this season for the Lakers and he left with seven points, five rebounds and one block. The power forward went into Thursday night averaging 11.1 points and 7.9 rebounds. He won the starting power forward spot in camp when coach Luke Walton decided to bring Julius Randle off the bench for a spark and his fit with the second unit.

The Lakers play the Brooklyn Nets on Friday when D'Angelo Russell makes his return. Walton will have to find a new starting forward and could turn to Kyle Kuzma, Randle, Corey Brewer or Luol Deng.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21270145/larry-nance-jr-leaves-los-angeles-lakers-game-broken-hand
  • northside7
    Options
    Kuzma will probably get it.
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Russell bout to get hot tonite... I'm still kinda upset we got rid of him...
  • northside7
    Options
    Kuzma with 21 pts on 8-11 shooting and 13 rebounds. Not bad at all.

If he averages 20+ and 10+, he'll solidify the starting role.
  • toheeb27
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »

LMAO, if he does that, he is a ? All Star. Only 4 players in the NBA averaged over 20 pts and 10 rebs last season.
  • northside7
    Options

LMAO, if he does that, he is a ? All Star. Only 4 players in the NBA averaged over 20 pts and 10 rebs last season.

That's ? horrible.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    anybody get they sneakers yet?
  • toheeb27
    Options
    Major work in progress.

Man, we need 3 point shooting. Our spacing is atrocious.

WE ARE MAKING THREES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Time to come back to miami to sit on the bench

I actually wouldn't mind ? he probably better than winslow right now
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »

Compadre I was going to @ you just now to see if you can call Pat Riley
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »

Compadre I was going to @ you just now to see if you can call Pat Riley

Ima call him bruh but he gotta answer me first

wc8e2j9d11un.png

• buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Celtics game tonight, yall. Do we have a chance to steal this and continue our streak?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fukk that game..? want they shoes
  • toheeb27
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Celtics game tonight, yall. Do we have a chance to steal this and continue our streak?

10 mins ago, i would have said no. But i just saw Horford is out with a concussion, we might have a chance.
  • toheeb27
    Options
    Do we have a Luke problem? Dude might have the worst rotations in the NBA. ? me off so much last night when he put Bogut in the game before Randle. Did not help that he played Bogut and Brewer together in the same lineup.

Not better tonight either.....

Heck, Randle has played more minutes this season than he has played with Lonzo, HOW SWAY???
  • DaBull
    Options
    Luke has some veteran assistant coaches, so I cant put it all on him, they need to speak up. plus he is only in year 2. gotta give him a larger sample size to find the right mix. I'm just glad he stop playing Deng
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I think BShaw the only real tenured vet if I’m remembering correctly.

Seems to me BShaw is more a cool friend to players rather than bringing any actual substance. All the other coaches are fairly green.

I feel like Luke can grow in the Phil philosophy of coaching we’re he can be a good manager but he needs a great X and O’s guy next to him.
  • toheeb27
    edited November 2017
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »
    Luke has some veteran assistant coaches, so I cant put it all on him, they need to speak up. plus he is only in year 2. gotta give him a larger sample size to find the right mix. I'm just glad he stop playing Deng

Thats the problem, He has almost no veteran assistants. The mfer hired all his buddies, most of them from Azizona. Heck, one of them used to be a volleyball coach before this job. ? cronyism.

The one "vet" used to rap scouting reports to players in his old job, smh.

This is one of the richest teams in the world, we can afford top shelf talent, which should not be hiring from the bottom of the barrel.
  • DaBull
    Options
    I was referring to B shaw, homeboy was groomed under Phil for years , then he was in Indiana with Frank Vogel when the Pacers were pushing LeBron to 7 games...then he was an actual head coach for 2 years

i would figure out of all that time, he would be the veteran that Luke leans on.