OFFICIAL 2017-2018 LOS ANGELES LAKERS THREAD

Options

Comments

• joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Luke Walton is becoming the Adam ? of coaches with the friends ?
  • Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good win. I want to see Ingram be more aggressive.
  • thegreatunknown
    thegreatunknown Members Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Entertaining game last night. They had a good chance to win. Kuzma is probably my favorite player on this team right now. It's good to see Ingram's growth and he's becoming much more consistent.

Still not buying the Ball hype, I don't see the "transcendent" talent. I was lukewarm at best after seeing play in college.He can't shoot, poor defender, can't see to to get his own shot. Decent court vision, good rebounder, I need to see something that indicates he was worth being #2 overall though...
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Entertaining game last night. They had a good chance to win. Kuzma is probably my favorite player on this team right now. It's good to see Ingram's growth and he's becoming much more consistent.

Still not buying the Ball hype, I don't see the "transcendent" talent. I was lukewarm at best after seeing play in college.He can't shoot, poor defender, can't see to to get his own shot. Decent court vision, good rebounder, I need to see something that indicates he was worth being #2 overall though...

Give it time.
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    20 years old with one month in the league. Y’all ? crazy lol
  • thegreatunknown
    thegreatunknown Members Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D.D.S. wrote: »
    20 years old with one month in the league. Y’all ? crazy lol

So there's no red flags that you're seeing with Ball? Yea its only a month in, but #2 drafted overall, co-signed by Magic, numerous experts debated whether he should be #1 overall and he has been like warm, flat soda to a fanbase thirsty for success.

Where's the spark, where's the juice? Simmons has it, Donovan Mitchell has it, Kuzma, Monk, Smith Jr., Fox they all have shown something...
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lonzo did just have a triple double though
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Lonzo did just have a triple double though

But but but the haters said Lonzo is a bust already
  • buttuh_b
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Lonzo hasn't shown nothing? None of the rookies are flat out killing it this year besides Simmons. What is the #1 pick Fultz doing? They're rookies. It's a learning curve.

The funny part is his worst performances came on national tv games. He performed a lot better in some other games and I been watching em all.
  • goodlookinout
    goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kuzma 30 and 10 like a seasoned vet out there

Lonzo walking pass the skirmish will be magnified I'm sure

Can we play somebody other than Phoenix tho???
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    If Simmons didn’t get hurt last year, Kuz would be a legit strong ROY contender

And I’m glad BI proved me wrong these last 2 weeks. That was a shaky start
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    BI is why I can’t jump out the window on Zo.

Eye test

Zo first 16 games as a rook >> BI rookie start

& Outside of percentages the numbers agree.

And as far as Zo the jumpshot is gonna be what it is for the rest of the season. But dude gotta finish easy layups. He miss about 1 or two bunnies a game.
  • Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lonzo be drillin he ain’t tryna throw hands
  • goodlookinout
    Options
    Lonzo another triple double
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    Good game for the squad.. schedule lightening up these next couple games. Let's try to get to 500
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    4. Brandon Ingram, understanding his length

That other celebrated pick from the 2016 draft -- the even younger one -- is starting to figure out how useful those long toothpick arms can be on both ends of the floor.

About 42 percent of Ingram's shots have come at the rim, up from 27 percent last season. Ingram doesn't have a super-explosive first step, but he doesn't really need one. If he can nudge his defender into retreat mode, his arms are so long, he can sort of drive into the guy's chest and lay the ball in over his head.

He's taking contract in the air, hanging and coaxing in tough shots as his defender returns to the ground. His free throws are up. Ingram has good passing vision. The more damage he does off the bounce, the more passing lanes will become available to him. He walked into the NBA with good passing vision.

The only downside: The uptick in shots near the basket has come at the expense of 3-pointers. Ingram's attempts from deep are way down, and he's canning just 30 percent. Ingram eventually has to become a serviceable 3-point shooter if he's going to play alongside Lonzo Ball. But in the short term, this tradeoff is fine; some young guys improve in increments. Ingram honing one skill now doesn't mean he'll neglect the other one forever.

He is becoming a menacing defender away from the ball. When he spreads those arms, he covers a lot of territory. He's almost in two places at once. He can crash into the paint, and snap back in time to interfere with a pass to his man.

He dissuades some opponents from throwing that pass in the first place, and every half-second of hesitation is a mini-win for the defense.

The Lakers ranking a shocking fourth in points allowed per possession isn't a total fluke. Total flukes don't typically last a quarter of the season. Two of their core healthy big men -- Randle and Kyle Kuzma -- are quick enough to switch onto ball-handlers, and their guards have embraced the ? work of jostling with big men on the flip side of those switches. Josh Hart is sturdy. Ball is a pest. Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and Ingram are engaged help-and-recover guys on the wing. Everyone has bought in.

I'd still bet on the Lakers falling back toward 10th, and maybe a hair worse. Opponents have hit just 31 percent of their 3s, the lowest figure in the league, and they've been ice cold on wide-open triples. Teams are even bonking around the rim, and the Lakers allow a ton of shots there. (Only Milwaukee has yielded more as a percentage of all attempts, per Cleaning The Glass.) This stuff will revert.

Still: Hanging around the top 10 in defense would be a huge, unexpected success.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21528928/zach-lowe-10-things-like-including-ben-simmons-nba
  • joeyfkncrakk
    Options
    I hope Luke Walton keeps Kyle Kuzma as the starting 4 over Nance when he comes back... Kuzma has earned it
  • toheeb27
    Options
    I hope Luke Walton keeps Kyle Kuzma as the starting 4 over Nance when he comes back... Kuzma has earned it

Prepare to be disappointed.....

• Serious Juice Mayne
    Options
  • joeyfkncrakk
    Options
    Luke is becoming a dumb smart ?
  • goodlookinout
    Options
    I hate when the Lakers lose games like these especially when they be up but that inexperience and not having a closer always bites em in the back side.
  • toheeb27
    Options
  • Serious Juice Mayne
    Options
    Nance shouldn’t starting