Active shooter at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas

Options

Comments

• T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    My sister, my brother-in-law & a couple of other people supposed to be going to Vegas this weekend for a concert I think. Now I ponder if they're still going.
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RickyRich wrote: »

how the hell the people that are indoors 2 miles away got moving quicker than the people gettin rained on???

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HafBayked wrote: »
    RickyRich wrote: »

how the hell the people that are indoors 2 miles away got moving quicker than the people gettin rained on???

when you have 22,000 people all rushing toward exist that face the strip, it's hard to run like these guys did
  • VIBE
    Options
    all this "more than one shooter" talk is the same ? talk after every event..

stupidity, straight up.. no evidence to back any of these claims up.. NONE
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    VIBE wrote: »
    wife showed me a post on her FB from someone that was there and getting shot at. He claimed there were shooters at Tropicana, MGM, and New York New York and he saw shots from all of them. Said immediately before the shots some dude set off firecrackers right next to him and a within seconds the first volley of shots were let off. He and his gf managed to get away towards Tropicana but shots were coming from there as well and they could see muzzle flashes from each of the aforementioned properties.

This is also in line with the initial reports from the ground. The idea is now there's a cover up because LV can't afford to lose tourism dollars behind this.

My brother was in the Caesars Palace area during all of this. He said there was also shots there. He also said there was a couple bomb threats in the hotels on that part of the strip too.

those shots echoed

and as per usual, w any type of terrorism (he caused terror) people will be caught up in chaos and rumors

9/11 there was rumors of vans w bombs, people w bombs, more planes coming for the towers, etc

again, logic escapes people and their stories need to be logically comprehended..

when someone says, "it sounded like a train crashing through.." after a car plows through a house, was it a train? No. It's a description based on confusion, chaos and fear.

The shots wouldn't have echoed that far down and would've been drowned out by people, vehicles, and music playing on the strip.

it's all on the strip within walking distance.. shots echoed, period..

Bro I live 15 minutes away from Mandalay Bay. You cant tell me ? . You're not going to win this one. The shooter was on the eastside of the Mandalay Bay firing East. Directly East of the Mandalay Bay there is no buildings for the sound of gun shots to echo off of. There's the event area where people were getting hit. And beyond that is the airport. Gunshot sounds would've not made it that far north to Caesars Palace unless it's was damn near dead quiet on the strip.

When 9/11 happened and you had people who were on 395 when the plane hit the Pentagon say they saw the plane hit you still had people tell them they didn't see a plane. People love to dismiss accounts from people who know and live in the places these events happen
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wife showed me a post on her FB from someone that was there and getting shot at. He claimed there were shooters at Tropicana, MGM, and New York New York and he saw shots from all of them. Said immediately before the shots some dude set off firecrackers right next to him and a within seconds the first volley of shots were let off. He and his gf managed to get away towards Tropicana but shots were coming from there as well and they could see muzzle flashes from each of the aforementioned properties.

This is also in line with the initial reports from the ground. The idea is now there's a cover up because LV can't afford to lose tourism dollars behind this.

My brother was in the Caesars Palace area during all of this. He said there was also shots there. He also said there was a couple bomb threats in the hotels on that part of the strip too.

those shots echoed

and as per usual, w any type of terrorism (he caused terror) people will be caught up in chaos and rumors

9/11 there was rumors of vans w bombs, people w bombs, more planes coming for the towers, etc

again, logic escapes people and their stories need to be logically comprehended..

when someone says, "it sounded like a train crashing through.." after a car plows through a house, was it a train? No. It's a description based on confusion, chaos and fear.

The shots wouldn't have echoed that far down and would've been drowned out by people, vehicles, and music playing on the strip.

Bro I live 15 minutes away from Mandalay Bay. You cant tell me ? . You're not going to win this one. The shooter was on the eastside of the Mandalay Bay firing East. Directly East of the Mandalay Bay there is no buildings for the sound of gun shots to echo off of. There's the event area where people were getting hit. And beyond that is the airport. Gunshot sounds would've not made it that far north to Caesars Palace unless it's was damn near dead quiet on the strip.

so what you saying?

Some more ? went down then what they are saying. I don't personally think there was a second shooter. But my brother said some shots and bomb threats most definitely went off 2 miles away from Mandalay Bay. Only reason I dont believe the shots theory is because they didn't close off the strip near the Flamingo area off Las Vegas Blvd to collect bodies or evidence. But, I do believe there were other threats made to other hotels. So that's why you see panic in the Caesars Palace video.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    500 PPL were shot yet you got some idiot ? saying.. they are covering up the narrative of multiple shooters because of fear of losing tourism dollars.. you ? 500 pll were shot... i dont think the number of shooters matters... hell 9/11 happened NYC is still nyc.. dont be a ? all of your life

you one of them ? that believe cops when they say "I shot him because I feared for my life".
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    7figz wrote: »
    When family should know to ? and not talk to police or reporters...

The sister damn near implicated the wife having prior knowledge with all this damn blubbering....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZODivKDLMg

The brother has been running his mouth non stop. I saw a 45 min news clip where he was talking in circles but said similar things about sending her far away to avoid being shot at the hotel when he carried his sick plan out

Family members are making it worse

? already

Anyone see where they said he rented rooms the weekend before close to a Chance the Rapper and Lord concert ? I thought it might have already been posted ...but with 300 new posts .... I'll just mention it here
  • konceptjones
    edited October 2017
    Options

those shots echoed

Caesar's is nearly two miles away with a shitload of buildings and other noise dampers in the way. A gunshot nearly half a mile south of Tropicana would not be heard at all on Flamingo with all of those resorts, cars, people, and everything else between. This is simple science, the kind of ? you learned in high school. Sound has a finite range traveling through air depending on how much air the initial source is capable of moving. Gunfire is loud at the source but quickly loses volume over distances when there are obstructions as well as additional sound sources. Even in the videos posted the gunfire had already lost a significant amount of volume that was from 400 yards away.
  • VIBE
    Options
    Ok, good. We are getting somewhere..

It's impossible to have heard gun shots because it's 2+ miles away.

Ok.

So, then the next line of logical reasoning is..?
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ok.

You tell us.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

those shots echoed

Caesar's is nearly two miles away with a shitload of buildings and other noise dampers in the way. A gunshot nearly half a mile south of Tropicana would not be heard at all on Flamingo with all of those resorts, cars, people, and everything else between. This is simple science, the kind of ? you learned in high school. Sound has a finite range traveling through air depending on how much air the initial source is capable of moving. Gunfire is loud at the source but quickly loses volume over distances when there are obstructions as well as additional sound sources. Even in the videos posted the gunfire had already lost a significant amount of volume that was from 400 yards away.

you can easily hear an AR15 from 400 yards..
  • VIBE
    Options

Ok.

You tell us.

"there's a shooter up the strip and he's coming this way"

chaos and confusion

• konceptjones
    Options

those shots echoed

What does that have to do with hearing it from 2 miles away on the Las Vegas strip with several large structures, thousands of cars, and tens of thousands of people between?

The gunfire in the video did sound like firecrackers, that was 400 yards away, unobstructed, with a concert going and people making noise. Those same gunshots simply wouldn't be heard as far north as Caesar's Palace.
  • konceptjones
    Options

those shots echoed

so what you saying?

Some more ? went down then what they are saying. I don't personally think there was a second shooter. But my brother said some shots and bomb threats most definitely went off 2 miles away from Mandalay Bay. Only reason I dont believe the shots theory is because they didn't close off the strip near the Flamingo area off Las Vegas Blvd to collect bodies or evidence. But, I do believe there were other threats made to other hotels. So that's why you see panic in the Caesars Palace video.

There was a bomb threat at Luxor within minutes of the start of shooting.
  • konceptjones
    Options
    Also, my wife has said that folks are complaining that Facebook has been actively deleting any reference to multiple shooters from their accounts.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

those shots echoed

What does that have to do with hearing it from 2 miles away on the Las Vegas strip with several large structures, thousands of cars, and tens of thousands of people between?

The gunfire in the video did sound like firecrackers, that was 400 yards away, unobstructed, with a concert going and people making noise. Those same gunshots simply wouldn't be heard as far north as Caesar's Palace.

NO it sounded like an assault rifle

I work around marines and we already concluded that the way someone who is around weapons hear them and smell them(carbon, bullets) is different than those who aren't around them a lot so I won't debate them sounding like fire crackers

Either way those nearby should hear those bullets clearly, 2 miles away ill give you that.
  • VIBE
    Options
    let the stupid play w the stupid..

I ain't doing this conspiracy ? anymore..

Just remember, every ? event like this has always had theories floating around..

Russia spreading fake news didn't stop at the elections and politicians..
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also, my wife has said that folks are complaining that Facebook has been actively deleting any reference to multiple shooters from their accounts.

CBS Morning News said Facebook is cracking down on fake news with the Russian accounts and lies being spread about this shooting
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Metal detectors everywhere