Options

Comments

• D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Koltrain wrote: »
    Part of me is enjoying watching this corrupt system fall apart.

100% of me is enjoying watching this ? . Hopefully it crumbles.

so i guess you have your back up plan in place?

so you ok with the land lord not fumigating the termites cuz you want to see the apartment building fall, while your still living in it?

ok

I always have back up PLANS not just one.

I certainly am ok with that. Said that on multiple occasions.

My stance ain't changing. So try that ? with someone else.

? why you sassy today?

LLS or some ? .

ole mad cuz he gotta a back up ass ?

how you mad cuz you ready?

Thats funny cause I was laughing while typing that ? !!

? you know we gotta talk that ? and make it look serious here and there.

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

so you ok with the land lord not fumigating the termites cuz you want to see the apartment building fall, while your still living in it?

ok

? why you sassy today?

LLS or some ? .

ahhh ok.....
    lets see.

oh ok.....cuz if it was a problem...you aint nothing but a short flight ? . so take that ? elsewhere.

see....im learning
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

ok

? why you sassy today?

LLS or some ? .

ahhh ok.....
    lets see.

oh ok.....cuz if it was a problem...you aint nothing but a short flight ? . so take that ? elsewhere.

see....im learning

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Exactly

FYI on the bold
    study-long-study-wrong.jpg
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    11x infantryman, Bravo Company, 1st Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment, shame this young man lost his life so early

• stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/19/john-kelly-frederica-wilson-trump-243956
    Kelly emotionally defends Trump’s call to military widow

The chief of staff accuses Rep. Frederica Wilson of being ‘selfish’ for attacking Trump’s language during the call.

White House chief of staff John Kelly on Thursday forcefully and emotionally defended President Donald Trump’s call to the widow of a U.S. soldier recently killed in Niger, accusing a Florida congresswoman of being “selfish” for attacking Trump’s language during the condolence call.

“I was stunned when I came to work yesterday morning and brokenhearted at what I saw a member of Congress doing,” Kelly told reporters at Thursday’s White House press briefing. “A member of Congress who listened in on a phone call from the president of the United States to a young wife — and in his way tried to express that opinion that he’s a brave man, a fallen hero.”

“He knew what he was getting himself into because he enlisted,” Kelly continued, referring to slain Sgt. La David Johnson. “There’s no reason to enlist. He enlisted, and he was where he wanted to be, exactly where he wanted to be with exactly the people he wanted to be with when his life was taken. That was the message.”

Rep. Frederica Wilson (D-Fla.), who had a personal relationship with Johnson through her program for disadvantaged black boys in Miami, recounted to reporters this week that Trump told Johnson’s widow in a condolence call that he knew what he signed up for, a remark she framed as an insensitive comment the commander in chief lobbed at a grieving widow.

She said she heard part of the conversation over speakerphone and said others were listening, too, including Johnson’s mother, who told The Washington Post that Trump had disrespected her family.

“John Kelly’s trying to keep his job,” Wilson told POLITICO on Thursday. “He will say anything. There were other people who heard what I heard.”

Trump rejected the congresswoman’s account via Twitter on Wednesday morning, alleging that she “totally fabricated what I said” while claiming to have proof. Kelly, who was present during the president’s call, did not deny that Trump had said those words.

The former Marine general told reporters he initially advised Trump against making calls like those he made this week to the families of four soldiers who were killed earlier this month in an ambush in Niger. Kelly invoked his own experience of his son being killed in Afghanistan in 2010 to explain his view on the emotionally charged issue.

“If you elect to call a family like this, it is about the most difficult thing you could imagine. There’s no perfect way to make that phone call,” Kelly said. “When I took this job and talked to President Trump about how to do it, my first recommendation was he not do it. Because it’s not the phone call that parents, family members, are looking forward to.”

Kelly confirmed what Trump and later White House officials told reporters earlier this week: that former President Barack Obama did not call him after his son died after stepping on a landmine in Afghanistan.

“He asked me about previous presidents, and I said I can tell you that President Obama, who was my commander in chief when I was on active duty, did not call my family,” Kelly said. “That was not a criticism. That was just to simply say I don’t believe President Obama called. That’s not a negative thing. I don’t believe President Bush called in all cases. I don’t believe any president, particularly when the casualty rates are very, very high, that presidents call.”

Trump for days has been courting controversy over his handling of the Niger ambush and his treatment of the service members slain. He stayed silent on the Oct. 4 ambush until the issue was broached in a news conference Monday, when the president accused Obama and his predecessors of failing to call Gold Star families. The White House later maintained that Trump was accurate because previous presidents didn’t always opt to call, as some wrote letters or met personally with the families.

Trump stoked the furor when he invoked the death of Kelly’s son in a radio interview with Fox News on Tuesday, encouraging reporters to “ask General Kelly did he get a call from Obama.”

The president has been adamant that he has called “virtually” every Gold Star family who lost a loved one under Trump’s administration, though accounts have since surfaced challenging that notion.

Kelly detailed the process of what occurs when a soldier dies, from the immediate response from fellow service members to the casualty officer who “proceeds to break the heart of a family member” to contact from the commander in chief.

Kelly said the company commander, defense secretary, service chief and the president typically write letters to families.

“Typically the only phone calls the family receives are the most important phone calls they could imagine, and that is from their buddies,” Kelly said. “In my case, hours after my son was killed, his friends were calling us from Afghanistan telling us what a great guy he was. Those are the only phone calls that really matter, and yeah, the letters count to a degree, but there’s not much that really can take the edge off what a family member’s going through.”

That phone call can be especially difficult for a commander in chief like Trump, Kelly said. “If you’re not in the family, if you’ve never worn the uniform, if you’ve never been in combat, you can’t imagine how to make that call, but I think he very bravely does make those calls,” he said of the president.

Kelly said Trump had asked him what he should say to family members, so he told the president what his casualty officer said to him when his son was killed: “He was doing exactly what he wanted to do when he was killed. He knew what he was getting into by joining that 1 percent. He knew what the possibilities were because we’re at war, and when he died … he was surrounded by the best men on this earth, his friends.”

“That is what the president tried to say to the four families the other day,” Kelly explained. “It stuns me that a member of Congress would have listened in on that conversation — absolutely stuns me. And I thought at least that was sacred.”

The former homeland security secretary lamented that, in his estimation, women, religion and life are no longer considered sacred.

“I just thought the selfless devotion that brings a man or woman to die on the battlefield, I just thought that that might be sacred,” said Kelly, who added that he spent 90 minutes at Arlington National Cemetery to collect his thoughts.

Kelly, in his closing remarks, suggested that Wilson has a history of politicizing what should be sacred moments. He recalled attending a dedication for an FBI field office in Miami in 2015, recounting then-FBI Director James Comey’s memorial speech and remarks from three survivors of the 1986 firefight against drug traffickers that killed two agents.

“A congresswoman stood up, and in the long tradition of empty barrels making the most noise, stood up there in all of that and talked about how she was instrumental in getting the funding for that building,” Kelly said. “We were stunned — stunned that she had done it. Even for someone that is that empty a barrel, we were stunned. But, you know, none of us went to the press and criticized. None of us stood up and were appalled. We just said OK, fine.”

Kelly implored reporters to let this one issue remain sacred. “Let’s not let this maybe last thing that’s held sacred in our society, a young man, young woman going out and giving his or her life for our country, let’s try to somehow keep that sacred,” he said. “But it eroded a great deal yesterday by the selfish behavior of a member of Congress.”

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »

ok

I'll take your analogy and flip it like this. That's like a landlord for years neglecting all the black tenants and only catering to the whites, Jews, Asians etc. For years the black tenants complain about the poor treatment but the other groups say that the blacks are over exaggerating, the Super always says little bs to pander to the black tenants without doing anything for them. Then one day the building gets a new Super and that new Super mistreats ALL the tenants...

That still wouldn't mean you're happy your ? is ? up...it just means that now everybody's ? is ? up...but ain't nothing to be "happy' about or enjoy
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/19/john-kelly-frederica-wilson-trump-243956

Kelly emotionally defends Trump’s call to military widow

These people need to learn to stop trying to defend Trump. He's an ? , and you can't defend him without coming off like an ? too. Kelly basically condemned the Congresswoman for allegedly misrepresenting Trump's statements for political reasons. He then simultaneously condoned Trump doing the same thing with his own statement about Obama calling him.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    5th Letter wrote: »

ok

I'll take your analogy and flip it like this. That's like a landlord for years neglecting all the black tenants and only catering to the whites, Jews, Asians etc. For years the black tenants complain about the poor treatment but the other groups say that the blacks are over exaggerating, the Super always says little bs to pander to the black tenants without doing anything for them. Then one day the building gets a new Super and that new Super mistreats ALL the tenants...

That still wouldn't mean you're happy your ? is ? up...it just means that now everybody's ? is ? up...but ain't nothing to be "happy' about or enjoy

It depends on who you ask...
  • stringer bell
    Options
    LordZuko wrote: »
    Man it's been 24hours and the fraudulent fake tough guy who thinks he's above it all @LordZuko ain't get no mail.

Someone’s out here loooooooooooking for revenge...
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LordZuko wrote: »
    Man it's been 24hours and the fraudulent fake tough guy who thinks he's above it all @LordZuko ain't get no mail.

tumblr_mcevwg33ph1rqzu2ko2_r1_500.gif
  • Copper
    Options
    This ? @'d himself
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

He realizes that Kelly already confirmed he said it right?
  • Copper
    Options

He realizes that Kelly already confirmed he said it right?

Plus his "proof" was kelly and others listening in to the very same phone call they didn't want her to listen to
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? is so much like a wrestling storyline. All of it
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options
    Both Trump and Wilson can get the ? outta here

and ? Gen John Kelly and his press conference he is an enabler.
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://wsvn.com/news/local/congresswoman-reacts-to-white-house-statement-on-call-to-armys-family/
    Congresswoman reacts to White House statement on call to army’s family

NORTHWEST MIAMI-DADE, FLA. (WSVN) - 7News spoke with Congresswoman Frederica Wilson as she reacted to hearing a statement from the White House chief of staff on a controversial phone call.

Wilson was on Miami Dade College’s North Campus Thursday afternoon and had a few words to say about what Chief of Staff John Kelly said about her.

He was “stunned and brokenhearted” by her criticism of the president’s call to the widow of Sgt. La David Johnson. Kelly was in the room when President Donald Trump made the call to the widow of Army Sgt. La David Johnson.

“Let me tell you what my mother told me when I was little,” Wilson said. “She said, ‘The dog can bark at the moon all night long, but it doesn’t become an issue until the moon barks back.'”

The criticism comes two days after Wilson accused the president of being insensitive in his condolence call to Sgt. La David Johnson’s widow. Wilson said she was in the limousine with the family when she heard the president say, “He knew what he was signing up for.”

Family members of the soldier backed up Wilson’s account of the call, but the president said it’s not true. “I didn’t say what that congresswoman said,” Trump said. “I didn’t say it at all.”

The congresswoman said she has been getting threatening phone calls from white nationalists and now hearing what Kelly said at the White House, but she appears to be unfazed.

“You mean to tell me that I’ve become so important that the White House is following me and my words?” she said laughing. “This is amazing. That’s amazing. I’ll have to tell my kids that I’m a rockstar now.”

As for those threats, Wilson said the proper authorities have been notified and since she has plenty of security, she plans to keep going about her business.
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/frederica-wilson-responds-john-kelly-this-has-become-personal
    Dem Rep. Responds To Kelly’s Claims About 2015 Event: ‘That’s A Lie’

After White House Chief of Staff John Kelly on Thursday afternoon criticized Rep. Frederica Wilson (D-FL) for her comments on President Donald Trump’s call to the widow of a fallen soldier and for her work naming a federal building in 2015, Wilson hit back, arguing that Kelly got his facts wrong.

Kelly made an impromptu appearance at the White House press briefing Thursday afternoon, where he defended Trump’s call to Myeshia Johnson, the widow of Sgt. La David Johnson. Trump told Johnson that her husband “knew what he was signing up for,” according to Wilson and others who heard the call. Kelly defended Trump’s comments and criticized Wilson for making the contents of the call public.

He then criticized Wilson over her role in the naming of a federal building, which was dedicated to two fallen FBI agents in 2015. Kelly said that during the ceremony, Wilson bragged that she “got the money” for the building.

However, Wilson told the Miami Herald that Kelly didn’t quite have his facts straight. She said that the money for the building had already been secured before she took office as a congresswoman, and that she only worked to name the building after the FBI agents.

“He shouldn’t be able to just say that, that is terrible,” Wilson told the Miami Herald. “This has become totally personal.”

She denied mentioning funding for the building during the ceremony.

“That is crazy that I got [the money] and Mr. Obama just gave it to me,” Wilson said. “That building was funded long before I got to Congress. I didn’t say that. I have staff, people who write the speeches. You can’t say that.”

Wilson followed up on CNN Friday morning, accusing Kelly of lying.

“I feel sorry for general Kelly. He has my sympathy for the loss of his son. But he can’t just go on TV and lie on me,” she said. “I was not even in Congress in 2009 when the money for the building was secured. So that’s a lie. How dare he? However, I named the building at the behest of Director Comey, with the help of Speaker Boehner, working cross party lines. So he didn’t tell the truth, and he needs to stop telling lies on me.”

She also accused Kelly of making a “racist” comment when calling her an “empty barrel.”
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Meh @ defending the Congresswoman. I don't think she's lying about anything. I also don't think her role in this was anything more than her trying to get her name mentioned. That's what politicians do.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meh @ defending the Congresswoman. I don't think she's lying about anything. I also don't think her role in this was anything more than her trying to get her name mentioned. That's what politicians do.

Idk why what she wants matters. She could be wanting Trump to ? her through all this, why does that matter?

Regardless of why she did what she did, lets look at the facts of what happened and what Trump said.

Now you can chose to be offended, shrug it off, or agree witg Trump. Thats your decision.

But people do things for multiple reasons, and usually they are never totally pure. Thats why its better to just look at the facts and focus on if what she is saying is right instead of why shes saying it.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    Idk why what she wants matters. She could be wanting Trump to ? her through all this, why does that matter?

Regardless of why she did what she did, lets look at the facts of what happened and what Trump said.

Now you can chose to be offended, shrug it off, or agree witg Trump. Thats your decision.

But people do things for multiple reasons, and usually they are never totally pure. Thats why its better to just look at the facts and focus on if what she is saying is right instead of why shes saying it.

None of it really matters. This is a nonstory. Trump is an ? . It's not newsworthy that he said some ? ? . So if the media is going to boost that ? up. I think it's fair for people to take shots at the Congresswoman's motivations in making this an issue. I'm not saying what she did one way or the other. I just don't think its wrong for people to criticize her in this case. Now how they criticize her is another matter since you know the CaCs can't say anything critical about a black person without being insulting or throwing some racism in.