THE OFFICIAL NBA 2K11 Thread

Options

Comments

• big_chris67
    big_chris67 Members Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I picked mine up at midnight and played til 3:30 and had to be here at work @ 6:30. Hands down it's the best sports game EVER.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I picked mine up at midnight and played til 3:30 and had to be here at work @ 6:30. Hands down it's the best sports game EVER.

Me and you.. a lil later on the sticks.. bring your nikes... Relentless_won

still waitin on my UPS delivery dammit
  • dat_bk_nicca
    dat_bk_nicca Members Posts: 1,526 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Picking up my copy after work 2day
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    lol damn yall about to make me pick it up today
  • renagade410,
    renagade410, Members Posts: 669
    edited October 2010
    Options
    maaaaaaaaan i gotta decide between pickin up some dope dealers(nike boots) or gettin this game today........? it i think im bout to go cop the game no way i can play 2k10 with 2k11 out
  • Bcotton5
    edited October 2010
    Options
    anybody preorder from gamestop? You get a jordan jersey for PS Home if you did
  • playmaker88
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I heard people got some posters.. i think that was at gamestop.. damn 3 more hours
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The ? is up with the passing? It's like every time you pass it's a turnover.The shooting feels really weak too.Must be these old players since im the 91 Lakers playing in the finals against the 91 Bulls.? feel real different from 2K10.Gotta get used to it.
  • playmaker88
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    The ? is up with the passing? It's like every time you pass it's a turnover.The shooting feels really weak too.Must be these old players since im the 91 Lakers playing in the finals against the 91 Bulls.? feel real different from 2K10.Gotta get used to it.
    I hear you gotta play it with some sort of rhyme and reason.. not more turbo and go.. ? still waitin on my copy
  • Bcotton5
    edited October 2010
    Options

I heard its better to use the icon/direct passing, you gotta play like real basketball cant be making dumb passes
  • VulcanRaven
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I heard its better to use the icon/direct passing, you gotta play like real basketball cant be making dumb passes

Even when I do that they still get a turnover then they got the Bulls pulling of steals like they a ninja/thief.They should have kept it like it used to be back in the day when you could pass the ball in any angle in the direction you moved the left stick.That way it was intuitive and now I got to look at the icon every time I pass.Other than that,game is solid.
  • Bcotton5
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Even when I do that they still get a turnover then they got the Bulls pulling of steals like they a ninja/thief.They should have kept it like it used to be back in the day when you could pass the ball in any angle in the direction you moved the left stick.That way it was intuitive and now I got to look at the icon every time I pass.Other than that,game is solid.

It get easier once you get down which button is for each position
  • VulcanRaven
    edited October 2010
    Options
    aight aight im getting used to it.starting smash on the bulls with magic and the lake show
  • big_chris67
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Yeah after i left game stop last night i went into Home and did it. They shoulda made it to where you could use the Jersey as your ps3 avi instead of home, I don't even ? with that home ? .
  • Yungin T. Jeezie
    Yungin T. Jeezie Members Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I just picked up my copy & this ? 96' Micheal Jordan is unstoppable on the game. I think this ? never missed a shot the whole game. But the only things I dont like about the retro teams is that they dont have the full roster, example I didnt see Randy Brown, Robert Parish, Jason Caffey on the 96 Bulls team & other teams doesnt have their full roster

I wish they had the 94-95 Houston Rockets, 96-97 Detroit Pistons & the 94-95 Orlando Magics on the game
  • big_chris67
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Me and you.. a lil later on the sticks.. bring your nikes... Relentless_won

still waitin on my UPS delivery dammit

LOL I'll have my Retro 11 Jordans waiting for you
  • VulcanRaven
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I just picked up my copy & this ? 96' Micheal Jordan is unstoppable on the game. I think this ? never missed a shot the whole game. But the only things I dont like about the retro teams is that they dont have the full roster, example I didnt see Randy Brown, Robert Parish, Jason Caffey on the 96 Bulls team & other teams doesnt have their full roster

I wish they had the 94-95 Houston Rockets, 96-97 Detroit Pistons & the 94-95 Orlando Magics on the game

? that '91 Mike is deadly too,but I been stopping at the moment

"back to the game"
  • Yungin T. Jeezie
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ? that '91 Mike is deadly too,but I been stopping at the moment

"back to the game"

I haven't seen 91' Jordan on the game, imma have to play with the 91' bulls when I get back to the crib
  • -JB-
    -JB- Banned Users Posts: 2,719
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I just copped mine for the the 360, I'm about to ? that joint open now, and light this loud up.
  • big_chris67
    edited October 2010
    Options

when i played last nite i played with the 96-97 Bulls vs the 96-97 Jazz and i saw Robert Parrish in the Bulls line up
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    game is straight,dribbling will take getting used to I've won my first 2 online matches by blowouts and I finished one Jordan Challenge(the 69 point,6 assist ,50% shooting game). The thing I like is you HAVE to play realistic basketball,although I haven't played against the Heat yet. The first online game some cat picked em',I just quit !
  • Bcotton5
    edited October 2010
    Options
    freshb651 wrote: »
    game is straight,dribbling will take getting used to I've won my first 2 online matches by blowouts and I finished one Jordan Challenge(the 69 point,6 assist ,50% shooting game). The thing I like is you HAVE to play realistic basketball,although I haven't played against the Heat yet. The first online game some cat picked em',I just quit !

lol at quitting against the Heat Im sure 85% of people online gonna pick em
  • Yungin T. Jeezie
    edited October 2010
    Options
    when i played last nite i played with the 96-97 Bulls vs the 96-97 Jazz and i saw Robert Parrish in the Bulls line up

I'm mustve overlook em, I'm glad the chief is on the roster. Oh yea I wish the 92-93 Phoenix suns was on there too
  • Yungin T. Jeezie
    edited October 2010
    Options
    freshb651 wrote: »

The Heat is going to be damn near unstoppable to beat on hall of fame but they can be beaten. I remember one of my home boys had trouble beating miami with lebron on 2k10. I had to stop wade to beat them because wade can carry a team throughout the 4th quarter. Lebron wasnt doing shss but watching from out the ark
  • VulcanRaven
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Just took it to the heat