THE OFFICIAL NBA 2K11 Thread

Options

Comments

• funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ? holdin dominique under 25 was TOUGH he dropped 23 on me...i literally started leavin other guys open so they would score instead of him n started fouling other ppl since i had the game n the bag

LOL I did the exactly same ? minus the fouling. He finished with 24.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    New Launch Trailer. Shows a few legends at work. Kb vs MJ and much more.. Ft.. Shutterbug by Big Boi
  • Mr Popo
    Mr Popo Members Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    0-3 in my season because of the passing...
  • playmaker88
    edited October 2010
    Options
    what level yall playin on.. I have it on Sim.. superstar i believe.. that ? is a bit too much.. recommendations.. them ? make 75 percent of there shots.. i make 25 .. anyone have any shooting tips.. and dont tell me practice.. how the ? im suppose to make my team better practicing..
  • renagade410,
    renagade410, Members Posts: 669
    edited October 2010
    Options
    what level yall playin on.. I have it on Sim.. superstar i believe.. that ? is a bit too much.. recommendations.. them ? make 75 percent of there shots.. i make 25 .. anyone have any shooting tips.. and dont tell me practice.. how the ? im suppose to make my team better practicing..

i only been ? with the jordan challenges really n i play hall of fame mode on that....my advice is to get jordan going early by a couple of layups i dont know if u run plays or not but he hits like 90% of his shots from off screens on the perimeter. His release is different on every challenge but its not too hard to figure out....once he gets hot from doing that then his outside jumper will open up....thats where u expect the double teams to start...again depending on what challenge you doing you gonna want to get your 2nd superstar hot. After him n jordan both r hot for some reason the rest of the team starts performing better as well. Also i run with a 2-3 defense majority of the time that usually causes alot of turnovers

as far as passing goes if you see anybody within 5 feet of ur passing lane dont throw it unless its from jordan to pippen but even then it prob get stolen.Hope this helps but to be honest if you gonna be playing on hall of fame ALOT of luck is involved lol
  • renagade410,
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i cant ? with this game online too many ? made players smh....? named MOe_ET chooses the heat so i counter with the lakers....u can tell who knows ball most ppl would put lebron at the point but he kept em at the 3 so i knew this would be an easy game double lebron at all times n deny ball.....double bosh in the paint...n i can handle wade without a double. Game got ugly by the 4th quarter i ran with my normal 2-3 zone to force jumpers n dude kept tryin drive on gasol n bynum smh....he tried to quit but it wouldve been a loss so he just unplugged his ps3 smh

then on the team up mode ? dont understand that this game is not just about jumpers n dunks if u got duncan in the paint posted up PASS THAT ? im gettin 3 second calls cuz ? refuse to pass in the paint smh cant ? with this game online
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    they got to release a patch to fix the turnover ratio.if not realistic at all.? is way unbalanced to the point you can not even move the ball to set up a play.
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I finally got it but I already see them Jordan challenges is going to be ridiculous I did the Bad Boys challenge ? was easy but that Celtics one was a little difficult though. I agree it's to easy to have the ball turnover in the passing lanes.
  • Mr.Audigier216
    Mr.Audigier216 Members Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i agree with everyone the AI's anticipation of the pass is rediculous.....
  • shadb33
    shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    somebody give tips on beating these Jordan challenges once u clear them...? a ? over here quitting after the 1st quarter cause I only got 2 points lmaoooooo...I need help or I aint never gonna beat this ?
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    is anybody else having trouble getting online for ranked games ?
  • Sym_
    Sym_ Members Posts: 842
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Mr Popo wrote: »
    0-3 in my season because of the passing...

i dont have an issue with the passing...don't pass into a cluttered lane...use icon passing all the time, problem solved

i tried the achievement vs the sonics in the finals ( seemed like the easiest one lol) and i couldnt get the 9 boards, ? rodman kept out rebounding me...gonna try it again and set the crash boards all the down on my coach profile lol

oh yea...greatest sport game ever maade
  • your flyness
    your flyness Members Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    freshb651 wrote: »
    is anybody else having trouble getting online for ranked games ?

Online straight for me. What you on PS3 or 360? Over at the 2K board most people are having problems on the 360.
  • freshb651
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Online straight for me. What you on PS3 or 360? Over at the 2K board most people are having problems on the 360.

ps3,it was like that last year too. I couldn't CONSISTENTLY get in online games til like a month later.I am 2-0 though this year !
  • dat_bk_nicca
    dat_bk_nicca Members Posts: 1,526 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i really need to practice in dis game man, i stay getting blown out nh, the controls are so ? hard
  • renagade410,
    edited October 2010
    Options
    just beat the shrug on hall of fame mode...prob the toughrest challenge....only got 3 left....fathers day victory,the flu game n michaels last dance(was 1 steal away from beating this smh)

my advice for the shrug is to double drexler AND bring the center over for the triple...obviously they will score an easy 2 BUT with the 6 3's you should have made in the first half u can afford to trade 2pts for 2pts at that point....i held him to 16
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Sym_ wrote: »
    i dont have an issue with the passing...don't pass into a cluttered lane...use icon passing all the time, problem solved

i tried the achievement vs the sonics in the finals ( seemed like the easiest one lol) and i couldnt get the 9 boards, ? rodman kept out rebounding me...gonna try it again and set the crash boards all the down on my coach profile lol

oh yea...greatest sport game ever maade

using the icons dont matter.i made a pass while a defender's back was turned and he still put his hand up and almost stole it.they can pick your pocket to easy when you are dribbling and it's almost impossible to drive in the paint because they always strip you.
  • playmaker88
    edited October 2010
    Options
    [video]http://community.2ksports.com/community/media/viewer.cfm?mediaid=2641241[/video]

Lebron doin the Lebron thing... no not the not shaking hands thing
  • big_chris67
    big_chris67 Members Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    OK this game is really the ? now. So last nite i'm messing around in the 2k beats area to uncheck the heavy metal white songs so they don't play when I'm playing the game and saw a section that said arena beats. So i go into it and find out you can have your own songs playing instead of the songs that come with the game.

You can have different songs play for whenever a player scores,tip off, bringing the ball up court,halftime, and player of the game. So before the Bulls tip off @ the United Center I have Rick Ross's(BMF (I think I'm big meech,Larry Hoover) playing and different Ice Cube songs for whenever a Bulls player scores. 2K11 is G.O.A.T, ? NBA Live
  • playmaker88
    edited October 2010
    Options
    OK this game is really the ? now. So last nite i'm messing around in the 2k beats area to uncheck the heavy metal white songs so they don't play when I'm playing the game and saw a section that said arena beats. So i go into it and find out you can have your own songs playing instead of the songs that come with the game.

You can have different songs play for whenever a player scores,tip off, bringing the ball up court,halftime, and player of the game. So before the Bulls tip off @ the United Center I have Rick Ross's(BMF (I think I'm big meech,Larry Hoover) playing and different Ice Cube songs for whenever a Bulls player scores. 2K11 is G.O.A.T, ? NBA Live

We need to rock.. and i think they dumbed down 2k online.. its easy for ppl to drive now.. i really dont like that.. but i do liek the fact that the shooting difficulty isnt what it was but still us realistic
  • freshb651
    edited October 2010
    Options

how do you add music in the game ?,just put a CD in beforehand ?
  • playmaker88
    edited October 2010
    Options
    freshb651 wrote: »
    how do you add music in the game ?,just put a CD in beforehand ?

make a playlist on your ps3
  • big_chris67
    edited October 2010
    Options
    you go to play list and go to add a new play list and say you going to add songs from the Ice Cube I rep that west cd and you want i rep that west as one of the songs your going to use, you would make i rep that west as a new play list, then put the cube cd in and when the cd pops up you would go to the song i rep that west and import it, and once you import it you would then put it in the i rep that west play list folder that you created.

So your basically making a new play list for every song, importing each song from the cd, and then adding each song to the named play list so your looking at downloading 10-15 songs.
  • big_chris67
    edited October 2010
    Options
    make a playlist on your ps3

but for some reason you have to do each song separately cuz when i tried to lump all ice cube songs on 1 play list and add it the songs were playing during the game but it was distorted like the songs were skipping, so i figured out you have to add each song as it's own play list.
  • theorynbt
    theorynbt Members Posts: 589 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Im on Xbox 360, play on default view, any tips for better ball handling?