Real talk why is Africa so behind in advancement and development?

Options
KINGOFDAARCADE
KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2010 in The Social Lounge
I saw some racist ass picture (i dont want to post it but I will if yall relle wanna see it) and at first i got mad but i started to think about it and wonder ............why is africa so behind in advancement and development?

i mean you got a couple pyrmids in egypt and thats pretty much it.

why is it such an underdeveloped nation? WTF!?

Comments

• anthony7q
    anthony7q Members Posts: 782
    edited October 2010
    Options
    You should rejoice brother and know that the spirit of ? is within you and is within all Black people. That sinking feeling that you felt when you saw that racist picture is just your first instinct that says that picture is wrong and a gross misprepresentation of Blacks/Africans. Africa is under-developed because capitalism was not created by us but by others. Capitalism need poor people to survive and now unfortunately Capitalism today explots Blacks/Africans. All those black berry's and iphones that are popular today owe their existence to a metal called coltane that is now one of the major causes of war/stife in the Congo and Sudan.

racist pictures, TV, shows and other mass media are only used to break our spirit and divide us. It's the game that they play.
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    bornnraisedoffCMR Members Posts: 1,073 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Colonialism, Slavery, the exploitation of people and abuse of property rights. Foriegn Aid w/ strings attatched, the IMF....? I can go on for days. But Africa aint as far behind as you may think.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    anthony7q wrote: »
    You should rejoice brother and know that the spirit of ? is within you and is within all Black people. .

ahhhh. lol. who told u that? bishop eddie long?
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Colonialism, Slavery, the exploitation of people and abuse of property rights. Foriegn Aid w/ strings attatched, the IMF....? I can go on for days.
    And Africans aren't smart enough to figure out how to deal with these problems? Why are they such perpetual victims?
    But Africa aint as far behind as you may think.
    It's the farthest behind. It's categorically the worst continent.
  • anthony7q
    edited October 2010
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    ahhhh. lol. who told u that? bishop eddie long?

No. believe it or not I'm not a very religious person. A couple of months back I discovered the teaching of ancient Egypt and some Botswana tribes in African and found that they had a more complete story about religion and creation than anything I have read before so naturally I refer back to their beliefs. But like all religion it takes a great leap of faith to believe.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    anthony7q wrote: »
    I discovered the teaching of ancient Egypt

how is the idea that your soul has to weigh no more than a feather supposed to help Africa?

the egyptian religion sucked

it enslaved most of the population, produced ? ? royalty, and got its ass handed to it by the Persians, Greeks, Romans, and Muslims
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    the cracka is the reason why...
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    And Africans aren't smart enough to figure out how to deal with these problems? Why are they such perpetual victims?

What should be done at this point? Globalization was supposed to, over time, be some kind of equalizing force to poor, lesser developed countries to gain money and power. It seems to be working in Asia. China and India have both upped their standing in the world considerably, and these days China in particular is really pulling ahead of America and Western Europe in some areas.

So if we forget Australia because they're not a real continent and I don't know what their situation is (and seriously who cares) you now got geopolitical swag going on in The Americas, in Europe, and in Asia. Why is Africa not seeing an impact? And I know it can't just be that Africa is full of poor people living in 3rd world hellholes, because I've seen what India looks like. It's just a ? sea of poor people literally enveloping their primitive streets and markets. What's holding Africa back?
  • uaintknow
    uaintknow Members Posts: 93
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I saw some racist ass picture (i dont want to post it but I will if yall relle wanna see it) and at first i got mad but i started to think about it and wonder ............why is africa so behind in advancement and development?

i mean you got a couple pyrmids in egypt and thats pretty much it.

why is it such an underdeveloped nation? WTF!?
    Am I the only one who noticed this?
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options

Good question eventhough you meant it as an insult.

Most black people are kind and just want to live in peace. As opposed to whites who are majority satanic in nature and seek to destroy.

Yes colonialism, slavery blah blah blah caused or at least jumpstarted Africa's demise but the question of "why didnt you idiots do anything to stop it?" is a fair one.

I mean you know crackers aint ? . So what you gonna do to make sure it doesnt happen anymore?
    Am I the only one who noticed this?
    according to crackers Afrika is a country not continent.
  • uaintknow
    uaintknow Members Posts: 93
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    Good question eventhough you meant it as an insult.

Most black people are kind and just want to live in peace. As opposed to whites who are majority satanic in nature and seek to destroy.

Yes colonialism, slavery blah blah blah caused or at least jumpstarted Africa's demise but the question of "why didnt you idiots do anything to stop it?" is a fair one.

I mean you know crackers aint ? . So what you gonna do to make sure it doesnt happen anymore?

according to crackers Afrika is a country not continent.
    well, then i'm one of those ''crackers'' who doesn't consider it a country.. but a rich continent with a lot of different cultures. so smh at your post saying that white people are evil.
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    uaintknow wrote: »
    well, then i'm one of those ''crackers'' who doesn't consider it a country.. but a rich continent with a lot of different cultures. so smh at your post saying that white people are evil.

Why do you affiliate yourself with white people then if you don't share their views? (white is not just a skin color, it's a way of being)
  • anthony7q
    edited October 2010
    Options

this film explores the evolution of propaganda and public relations in the United States, with an emphasis on the "elitist theory of democracy" and the relationship between war, propaganda and class.
    Includes original interviews with a number of dissident scholars including Noam Chomsky, Howard Zinn, Michael Parenti, Peter Phillips ("Project Censored"), John Stauber ("PR Watch"), Christopher Simpson ("The Science of Coercion") and others.
    http://metanoia-films.org/
  • lexico cold
    lexico cold Members Posts: 40
    edited October 2010
    Options
    According to Lester Thurow:

"As the world breaks up into quasi trading blocks, all of the developing world is going to face a problem of market access."

"...in the last half of the [twentieth] century, the growth in trade has been almost completely between developed countries."
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    uaintknow wrote: »

Thats because by majority they are, and have a track record that proves it.
  • jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    they should catch up

im sick of all these underdeveloped and countries and people

like yo.....i got an iphone and a macbook and that ? so dope....why dont yall primitive people get some of this good good?

if you ask me primitive people are holding us back, technology needs to be everywhere lets ? get goin

im tryin be on a new planet and ? soon, trains leavin africa and whoever else....get on board
  • Hyde Parke
    Hyde Parke Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    they should catch up

im sick of all these underdeveloped and countries and people

like yo.....i got an iphone and a macbook and that ? so dope....why dont yall primitive people get some of this good good?

^^^^ are you serious? where do you think the minerals came from to make that iphone and macbook? hope that was a sarcasm post, if not, it is surely an ignorant and uneducated one.
  • _Ozymandias_
    _Ozymandias_ Members Posts: 490
    edited October 2010
    Options
    first off africa was home to one of the most powerful civilizations on the planet for almost 3000 years. western civilization is only 2000 years old, so the west still has about another 1000 years before it can even compare to the apex of african civiization.

and ftr all of africa is not poor and underdeveloped. see the real Africa:

• jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Hyde Parke wrote: »
    ^^^^ are you serious? where do you think the minerals came from to make that iphone and macbook? hope that was a sarcasm post, if not, it is surely an ignorant and uneducated one.

i dont ? with minerals son i aint a scientist
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Colonialism, Slavery, the exploitation of people and abuse of property rights. Foriegn Aid w/ strings attatched, the IMF....? I can go on for days. But Africa aint as far behind as you may think.

Basically...
  • shadb33
    shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    dude called Africa a nation
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    So nobody wants to see the pic?
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options

Yep, all this and the fact that, sadly, Black people get too comfortable easily.
  • kingblaze84
    edited October 2010
    Options
    first off africa was home to one of the most powerful civilizations on the planet for almost 3000 years. western civilization is only 2000 years old, so the west still has about another 1000 years before it can even compare to the apex of african civiization.

and ftr all of africa is not poor and underdeveloped. see the real Africa:

Good post, things in Africa are getting better, after the many years of crackas causing wars and ? ? up after colonialism, not to mention white devils supporting brutal dictatorships in Africa for a long time. Just like how the USA is funding and supporting dictatorships all over the Middle East.
  • kingblaze84
    edited October 2010
    Options
    So nobody wants to see the pic?

? it, I wanna see.