WTF SHANAHAN BENCHES MCNABB FOR GROSSMAN W/ 2 MIN LEFT?? smh......

Options

Comments

• Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    it doesn't take much to get in shanahan's doghouse...it wasn't because he was injured, it wasn't b/c he didn't know the offense...you people have to read between the lines here.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Overrated........ word hes the best qb with payton manning. well has beenhe might not have the blusterous stats but for years he was amogn the best imo.. and he has that Xfactor that Manning doest havent.. wtih Manning to me he has been the best,... and has did it with less since forever... I never seen a elit Qb treated with little to know disrespect as much has he has.. .. This wouldnt happen to Favre, Manning,Brady ? or even eli manning you tell me what it is

Like i said before.. listen to how they talk about Us and them at quartberback.. there is a glaring difference generally

The QBs you mentioned are all better than McNabb and have actually won Superbowls and have proven to be more clutch imo.. U Ranking him among the best where I feel the overrated factor comes in... Hes not a great nor was he ever elite to me.... Brees, Rivers, Rothelisberger, Aaron Rodgers and even Tony Romo are also better and If I had a pick with Joe Flacco and Matt Ryan vs Mcnabb Im taking Flacco and Ryan over Donovan with no hesitation... Hes overrated period.... Hes not anywhere near Peyton or Brady Level smh @ that ? ....
  • Darius
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Where he is rated has no bearing on this thread
  • nujerz84
    edited November 2010
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    Where he is rated has no bearing on this thread
    Maybe not in this thread but some of the reaction is a "QB of his caliber" type ? ... imo is laughable... The main reason he was benched was hes not playing well at all this season... now I dont agree with benching him with 2 min left in the game but lets not act like hes been playing at a high level when he never really has for the majority of his career imo.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Maybe not in this thread but some of the reaction is a "QB of his caliber" type ? ... imo is laughable... The main reason he was benched was hes not playing well at all this season... now I dont agree with benching him with 2 min left in the game but lets not act like hes been playing at a high level when he never really has for the majority of his career imo.

You opinion is invalid then because you obviously do not watch football
  • nujerz84
    edited November 2010
    Options
    You opinion is invalid then because you obviously do not watch football
    Feelings caught... obviously you dont watch football if you think hes on any level of Peyton or Tom Brady thanks for proving my point... dude is overrated. Regardless of the team around him he still hasnt played well at all this season....If Sam Bradford a rookie and Josh Freeman a 2nd year player can perform better than Mcnabb with comparable talent then what does that tell you about Mcnabb this season????
  • Darius
    edited November 2010
    Options

Maybe coach felt he was getting too complacent and wanted to show that not even the qb job is safe. He knew they wouldn't come back so he wanted to see how Donavan reacted during and after the game.
  • playmaker88
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Feelings caught... obviously you dont watch football if you think hes on any level of Peyton or Tom Brady thanks for proving my point... dude is overrated. Regardless of the team around him he still hasnt played well at all this season....If Sam Bradford a rookie and Josh Freeman a 2nd year player can perform better than Mcnabb with comparable talent then what does that tell you about Mcnabb this season????

How can you be overrated and disrespected as such in the same breath ... something doesnt add up.. So because he hasnt won a superbowl he is overrated?is that what you are saying.
  • Darius
    edited November 2010
    Options
    But IMO brees, Rivera, manning, and maybe Brady are the elites
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The QBs you mentioned are all better than McNabb and have actually won Superbowls and have proven to be more clutch imo.. U Ranking him among the best where I feel the overrated factor comes in... Hes not a great nor was he ever elite to me.... Brees, Rivers, Rothelisberger, Aaron Rodgers and even Tony Romo are also better and If I had a pick with Joe Flacco and Matt Ryan vs Mcnabb Im taking Flacco and Ryan over Donovan with no hesitation... Hes overrated period.... Hes not anywhere near Peyton or Brady Level smh @ that ? ....

Lol @ this ? .....first of all mcnabb has done more in this league than rivers....flacco...ryan and rivers put together.....second of all drew brees was terrible the first 5 seasons of his career which is why san diego drafted phillip rivers in the first place.....and lmao ~ tony romo dude has one playoff win in he entire career....and wasn't looking to good before he got injured......now you compare him to peyton manning but you seem to forget......there were analyst calling peyton manning overrated because he hadn't won a playoff game the first 6 years of his career despite having edgerrin james and marvin harrison.....in fact mcnabb won playoff games years before peyton did despite having a ? supporting cast most of his career
  • playmaker88
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Lol @ ? always saying feelings caught log the ? off.. ? love saying ? out of context
  • nujerz84
    edited November 2010
    Options
    How can you be overrated and disrespected as such in the same breath ... something doesnt add up.. So because he hasnt won a superbowl he is overrated?is that what you are saying.
    No he never had great seasons aside from 1... just a bunch of decent ones hes always been way too inconsistent with his performances aside from the year they made the Superbowl he never has put a season where he was truly great/eltite from start to finish the truly elite QB's has done so.. I felt there Defense and a healthy Prime Brian Westbrook were just as vital in most case more so for Philly success...
  • themadlionsfan
    edited November 2010
    Options
    No he never had great seasons aside from 1... just a bunch of decent ones hes always been way too inconsistent with his performances aside from the year they made the Superbowl he never has put a season where he was truly great/eltite from start to finish the truly elite QB's has done so.. I felt there Defense and a healthy Prime Brian Westbrook were just as vital in most case more so for Philly success...

His ? supporting cast had nothing to do with his "only decent" numbers?.....and you talk about philly's defense being vital.....what super bowl runs has bradey made since his defense went to ? ?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    But IMO brees, Rivera, manning, and maybe Brady are the elites

If we are going to hold this season against McNabb and take him out of consideration for greatness, then Rivers gotta go too because the Chargers are sucking.
    Lol @ this ? .....first of all mcnabb has done more in this league than rivers....flacco...ryan and rivers put together.....second of all drew brees was terrible the first 5 seasons of his career which is why san diego drafted phillip rivers in the first place.....and lmao ~ tony romo dude has one playoff win in he entire career....and wasn't looking to good before he got injured......now you compare him to peyton manning but you seem to forget......there were analyst calling peyton manning overrated because he hadn't won a playoff game the first 6 years of his career despite having edgerrin james and marvin harrison.....in fact mcnabb won playoff games years before peyton did despite having a ? supporting cast most of his career

Brees was not terrible at any point in his career. Quit making stuff up.
  • themadlionsfan
    edited November 2010
    Options
    If we are going to hold this season against McNabb and take him out of consideration for greatness, then Rivers gotta go too because the Chargers are sucking.

Making ? up?....? I remember when first got drafted out of purdue....dude was terrible like the first five seasons.....and then the year they drafted phillip rivers he had a pro bowl breakout year......and that year his contract was up so they hit him with the franchise tag.....played one more season had the shoulder injury and then went to new orleans because if you remember correctly....miami could have had him first but they passed on him for duante culpepper
  • nujerz84
    edited November 2010
    Options

LMAO @ Mcnabb better than Brees smh... As for Rivers and Mcnabb that would be accurate of Rivers was playing horrible... currently he leads the NFL in passing Yards and TD Passes Rivers performance is better than Mcnabb rite now....
  • nujerz84
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Making ? up?....? I remember when first got drafted out of purdue....dude was terrible like the first five seasons.....and then the year they drafted phillip rivers he had a pro bowl breakout year......and that year his contract was up so they hit him with the franchise tag.....played one more season had the shoulder injury and then went to new orleans because if you remember correctly....miami could have had him first but they passed on him for duante culpepper

The year he seperated his shoulder he had a better season than the Pro Bowl year the prior season... the team was not as good. Truthfully he did have 2 bad seasons in SD his rookie year and his 3rd season... He had 2 great years in SD and 1 Decent one to say he was terrible the whole 5 years is an outright lie...
  • themadlionsfan
    edited November 2010
    Options
    My bad...brees was bad his first two.....and as far as rivers and mcnabb is concerned.....you said the key words RIGHT NOW.....over a career.....rivers hasn't accomplished ? compared to mcnabb every year the chargers are hyped and every year they fail....with all the talent theybhave his team is what 2-5? 3-4?has dude even made it two the conference championship like mcnabb has four times or do they just get bounced in the first round every year.....let me know....I'll wait
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited November 2010
    Options

Year Team G Att Comp Pct Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD TD% Int Int% Lng 20+ 40+ Sck SckY Rate
    2005 San Diego Chargers 16 500 323 64.6 31.2 3,576 7.2 223.5 24 4.8 15 3.0 54 46 4 27 223 89.2

2004 San Diego Chargers 15 400 262 65.5 26.7 3,159 7.9 210.6 27 6.8 7 1.8 79T 40 9 18 131 104.8

2003 San Diego Chargers 11 356 205 57.6 32.4 2,108 5.9 191.6 11 3.1 15 4.2 68T 28 5 21 178 67.5

2002 San Diego Chargers 16 526 320 60.8 32.9 3,284 6.2 205.2 17 3.2 16 3.0 52T 40 4 24 180 76.9

2001 San Diego Chargers 1 27 15 55.6 27.0 221 8.2 221.0 1 3.7 0 0.0 40 4 1 2 12 94.8

Those are Brees' numbers for the time he was in SD. He only played 1 game the first year, and it was a good showing. His second season was mediocre. His third season was the only one that could be considered terrible and even it wasn't that bad when compared to some of the QBs in the league now. His fourth season was one of his best seasons ever. He fifth was a pretty good season and is consistent with what you saw from Peyton and Brady in their first five seasons. So again, quit making ? up. Dude was never terrible. And Miami passed on him because they didn't trust that his arm would ever recover from that surgery.
  • mindright
    mindright Members Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Benching McNabb was irritating and a stupid move...

SMH @ Grossman being able to out run Suh and that Detroit Defensive line...

The Shanahan's need to be called out for the ridiculous moves the are making an plays they are calling..

Kyle Shanahan sucks as a play caller...point blank... why are we throwing the ball with 4 minutes left on the clock?? Why not run the ball and turn the game over to the Defense to win the game? Why is McNabb doing 5 step drops the second week in a row against a dominate pass rush??

Redskins still suck, nothing has changed, well in a way things have changed, Shanahan has instilled mind games in a team that sucks...

smh....that was a winable game too..
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    .....second of all drew brees was terrible the first 5 seasons of his career which is why san diego drafted phillip rivers in the first place.....

Making ? up?....? I remember when first got drafted out of purdue....dude was terrible like the first five seasons

Dumb Things People Say in the Cheap Seats.........
  • dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    you can say this post is filled with hate. but um....

? THE REDSKINS !!!
  • nujerz84
    edited November 2010
    Options
    My bad...brees was bad his first two.....and as far as rivers and mcnabb is concerned.....you said the key words RIGHT NOW.....over a career.....rivers hasn't accomplished ? compared to mcnabb every year the chargers are hyped and every year they fail....with all the talent theybhave his team is what 2-5? 3-4?has dude even made it two the conference championship like mcnabb has four times or do they just get bounced in the first round every year.....let me know....I'll wait
    Since Rivers became a full time Starter in 2006 Rivers has surpassed McNabb in nearly every statistical catergory (More Passing Yards, More Passing TD's, Better Completiton Percentage and QB Rating) and has more Regular Season Wins and a better Win Percentage... as for Playoffs Mcnabb is 2-2 in that span Rivers is 3-4.... so barring Injury or total collapse of skill Rivers totally logical to say Rivers is better than Mcnabb and most likely will be better than Mcnabb when Rivers Career is done...
  • -JB-
    -JB- Banned Users Posts: 2,719
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Imma tell you N***** like this , I went to H.S. with Don, this ? aint gonna phase(faze) Mac5 at all

If Shanahan & Snyder don't wanna Re-up Don , he will sign with the Vikings in the off season & haunt they ass

Mac5, A.P., Chunk It Up There Straight Cash ? Moss , Harvin , Rice, Shancoe, That O-Line dangerous
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Since Rivers became a full time Starter in 2006 Rivers has surpassed McNabb in nearly every statistical catergory ( Passing Yards, Passing TD's, Completiton Percentage, QB Rating) and Regular Season Wins and Win Percentage... as for Playoffs Mcnabb is 2-2 in that span Rivers is 3-4.... so barring Injury or total collapse of skill Rivers will be better than Mcnabb...

Huh? This argument makes no sense. Rivers in his prime is better than McNabb in the twilight of his career, so Rivers will be better than McNabb? How does that work?