WTF SHANAHAN BENCHES MCNABB FOR GROSSMAN W/ 2 MIN LEFT?? smh......

Options

Comments

• dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    however i will drop my opinion on this situation.

1st off. why is rex grossman your back up?? i'd rather take my chances with jon kitna.

secondly, if mcnabb is supposed to be your franchise QB, you work to his strenghts. as a coach, why call some ? that your guy might not be familiar with (even though he was with the team for the whole offseason, OTA's and training camp).

finally, get this guy some better receivers. their route running is terrible. got guys jogging into their cuts and whatnot. who's gonna make a play for him?? aint nobody gettin open. it doesnt matter who was behind center. and wtf is up with the running back situation??? mcnabb is pretty much the only guy they have....this offensive core is worse than anything he ever had with philly..
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    dbrazil412 wrote: »
    however i will drop my opinion on this situation.

1st off. why is rex grossman your back up?? i'd rather take my chances with jon kitna.

secondly, if mcnabb is supposed to be your franchise QB, you work to his strenghts. as a coach, why call some ? that your guy might not be familiar with (even though he was with the team for the whole offseason, OTA's and training camp).

finally, get this guy some better receivers. their route running is terrible. got guys jogging into their cuts and whatnot. who's gonna make a play for him?? aint nobody gettin open. it doesnt matter who was behind center. and wtf is up with the running back situation??? mcnabb is pretty much the only guy they have....this offensive core is worse than anything he ever had with philly..

Preach at least he had.. Westbrook when all else failed..
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    McNabb has No WR's and No RunningBacks......

Lets be Real about it....Santana Moss? that ? is Wack ,Armstrong, Anthony? who is that, Joey Galloway? he's 95 years old, Torain at Runningback who actually fears him coming out of the backfield? just cuz he had a few nice games doesn't earn you a Rep like that yet

im not big on excuses but damn i thought they would get him and at least hook him up with a few solid weapons....? offensive weapons is trash...
  • dbrazil412
    edited November 2010
    Options
    McNabb has No WR's and No RunningBacks......

Lets be Real about it....Santana Moss? that ? is Wack ,Armstrong, Anthony? who is that, Joey Galloway? he's 95 years old, Torain at Runningback who actually fears him coming out of the backfield? just cuz he had a few nice games doesn't earn you a Rep like that yet

im not big on excuses but damn i thought they would get him and at least hook him up with a few solid weapons....? offensive weapons is trash...

my point exactly. you go out and get him in FA, to be your starting qb for the next few years, but dont surround him with any weapons. even if clinton portis was healthy, outside of maybe chris cooley, what's he got to work with??
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Huh? This argument makes no sense. Rivers in his prime is better than McNabb in the twilight of his career, so Rivers will be better than McNabb? How does that work?
    If you want to Compare Mcnabb at the same age ie in his prime... Rivers numbers statistically are still better...... McNabb is 6-4 vs 3-4 in the playoffs though...
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I'm. Not gonna look up stats but rivers is better than mcnabb.
  • playmaker88
    edited November 2010
    Options
    because stats tell the whole story..
  • playmaker88
    edited November 2010
    Options
    what does the tale of 1-6 tell?

uh that we are 1-6
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i aint even gone lie. I NEVER liked shanahan.

but gotdamn. ? told the world. McNabb was not smart enuff to understand the 2min offense. and wasnt able to take in 2 plays at once.

wtf!!
  • nujerz84
    edited November 2010
    Options
    because stats tell the whole story..
    When stats are better by a wide margin and your win-lose record and percentage is better than the current player hes compared against then yes it helps tells the story... and when his stats are still better than that player in his prime and win-lose is comparable then yes it shows hes been the better player... now Rivers can get hurt or he can completely fall off but if he stays on his current pace there no question hes better than McNabb ...
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Dan Fouts commentating yesterday >>>>>>>>>>>

"they are tryin to get Vince Young to stop celebrating."

LOL!!!
  • dbrazil412
    edited November 2010
    Options
    what does the tale of 1-6 tell?

the same thing as 3-5 does. this season isnt going the way any of us thought..
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    and just to say McNabb isn't 'elite' doesn't mean its a knock against him or that i'm a hater. I think McNabb has been a consistant top 10 qb in the NFL his entire career. (not based on any stats, just that he's one of the 10 best). And he's still having a decent year but the int's have been whats killing him. and i'm not holding him totally at fault, he doesn't have any serious weapons and he's often forced to try and make plays and get points b/c the defense is so bad.
  • playmaker88
    edited November 2010
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    and just to say McNabb isn't 'elite' doesn't mean its a knock against him or that i'm a hater. I think McNabb has been a consistant top 10 qb in the NFL his entire career. (not based on any stats, just that he's one of the 10 best). And he's still having a decent year but the int's have been whats killing him. and i'm not holding him totally at fault, he doesn't have any serious weapons and he's often forced to try and make plays and get points b/c the defense is so bad.

i can agree with this sentiment
  • dbrazil412
    edited November 2010
    Options
    lmao...bruh 3-5 is always expected with the chargers...hell they'll probably go undefeated the rest of the season, that's the way it is...however "Dallas is gonna be the first team to ever play in the Super Bowl with home field advantage" :(

yeah. yall do have a habit of starting off slow. but what you can count on is beating KC and OAK, which hasnt happend yet. dont you think thats cause for concern? chiefs are 5-2 and OAK has beat down the last 2 teams they played, now at 4-4
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    When stats are better by a wide margin and your win-lose record and percentage is better than the current player hes compared against then yes it helps tells the story... and when his stats are still better than that player in his prime and win-lose is comparable then yes it shows hes been the better player... now Rivers can get hurt or he can completely fall off but if he stays on his current pace there no question hes better than McNabb ...

That's only true if the two teams are comparable. You guys are throwing stats around and not taking the teams into account. Unless, you believe that the Chargers and Eagles/Redskins are essentially equal in all facets of the game besides QB play, you cannot make the logical conclusion that better stats = better player. Would Rivers put up the numbers over the course of his career if he had no major weapons, no marquis runningback, a porous O line, and a inconsistent defense?
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    when Rivers gets that underacheiving San Diego squad to the Super Bowl and 4 AFC title games then he can be brought up in the same catagorey as Mcnabb. Dude was throwing to Freddie Mitchell and Todd Pinkston. Its a disgrace how they disrespect Mcnabb. Im not even a big fan of his but this ? is ? up. No other franchise qb would be treated like that. Brees threw all those picks last week and he doesnt have to look over his shoulder. Mcnabb earned the right to play through his mistakes just like Manning/Brees, Brady etc..... yet Palmer and Cutler can throw picks all day and never get their job questioned or yanked.
  • playmaker88
    edited November 2010
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    when Rivers gets that underacheiving San Diego squad to the Super Bowl and 4 AFC title games then he can be brought up in the same catagorey as Mcnabb. Dude was throwing to Freddie Mitchell and Todd Pinkston. Its a disgrace how they disrespect Mcnabb. Im not even a big fan of his but this ? is ? up. No other franchise qb would be treated like that. Brees threw all those picks last week and he doesnt have to look over his shoulder. Mcnabb earned the right to play through his mistakes just like Manning/Brees, Brady etc..... yet Palmer and Cutler can throw picks all day and never get their job questioned or yanked.

Thats all im saying.. the writing is on the wall .. and they tryin to say it aint graffiti
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i blame brad childress
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options

pretty much...
  • aneed123
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Thats all im saying.. the writing is on the wall .. and they tryin to say it aint graffiti

also Mcnabb needs to quit being the nice ? . say whats on ur mind.
  • nujerz84
    edited November 2010
    Options
    That's only true if the two teams are comparable. You guys are throwing stats around and not taking the teams into account. Unless, you believe that the Chargers and Eagles/Redskins are essentially equal in all facets of the game besides QB play, you cannot make the logical conclusion that better stats = better player. Would Rivers put up the numbers over the course of his career if he had no major weapons, no marquis runningback, a porous O line, and a inconsistent defense?
    Well Rivers is doing that this season no running game to respect.. aside from Gates no Receving Threat to account for and there defense has sucked this season....and for the past couple seasons they really had no running game with LT and in Donovan years in Philly his defense is waaaaaaaaaaay better than San Diego was, LT is better than Westbrook but Westbrook was one of the top All Purpose Running Backs in the NFL and as I mentioned before LT past 2-3 years in San Diego was not that good. As for the o line if not spectacular was solid sorta like the Chargers O line. and had several pro bowl players manning the Eagles Line....
  • aneed123
    edited November 2010
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Well Rivers is doing that this season no running game to respect.. aside from Gates no Receving Threat to account for and there defense has sucked this season....and for the past couple seasons they really had no running game with LT and in Donovan years in Philly his defense is waaaaaaaaaaay better than San Diego was, LT is better than Westbrook but Westbrook was one of the top All Purpose Running Backs in the NFL and as I mentioned before LT past 2-3 years in San Diego was not that good. As for the o line if not spectacular was solid sorta like the Chargers O line. and had several pro bowl players manning the Eagles Line....

now if Rivers takes them to a super bowl with that lesser talent and 4 AFC title games then u could compare.... but we all know thats not gonna happen
  • nujerz84
    edited November 2010
    Options
    IMO he hasnt when you compare him to the likes Manning/Brees or Brady thats where I say its overrating him... But I agree hes better than Palmer and Cutler as for Rivers I already explained why hes better throughout this thread......
  • playmaker88
    edited November 2010
    Options
    also Mcnabb needs to quit being the nice ? . say whats on ur mind.
    Basically to me .. he ? up when Rush got at him for being a "Black QB" ? lost a little bit of himself that year imo..Like you said he is too nice.. to a fault.. He ? up and didnt play to his strengths in that superbowl.. because of the mark that was left on his psyche