WTF SHANAHAN BENCHES MCNABB FOR GROSSMAN W/ 2 MIN LEFT?? smh......

Options

Comments

• nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    now if Rivers takes them to a super bowl with that lesser talent and 4 AFC title games then u could compare.... but we all know thats not gonna happen
    The AFC top to bottom is much better than the NFC yet Mcnabb lost all those games and for the most part except against Arizona played terrible in all those loses yet you using this to say Hes better than Rivers cmon son...
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    when Rivers gets that underacheiving San Diego squad to the Super Bowl and 4 AFC title games then he can be brought up in the same catagorey as Mcnabb. Dude was throwing to Freddie Mitchell and Todd Pinkston. Its a disgrace how they disrespect Mcnabb. Im not even a big fan of his but this ? is ? up. No other franchise qb would be treated like that. Brees threw all those picks last week and he doesnt have to look over his shoulder. Mcnabb earned the right to play through his mistakes just like Manning/Brees, Brady etc..... yet Palmer and Cutler can throw picks all day and never get their job questioned or yanked.

2001..philly allowed the 2nd fewest amount of points
    2002..philly allowed the 2nd fewest amount of points
    2003...philly allowed the 7th fewest amount of points
    2004...philly allowed the 2nd fewest amount of points....McNabb was throwing to Westbrook and TO

McNabb was good during those years, but don't act like Philly didn't have one of the best defenses in the league during that stretch
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Basically to me .. he ? up when Rush got at him for being a "Black QB" ? lost a little bit of himself that year imo..Like you said he is too nice.. to a fault.. He ? up and didnt play to his strengths in that superbowl.. because of the mark that was left on his psyche

He was trying to be politically correct/not ruffle any feathers....obviously he now knows it doesnt matter how nice u act black qbs are held to a different standard and get disrespected. u know it was ? up and obvious when ESPN and NFL network are questioning it. and to add on its easy to vilify Haynesworth but Shanahan was at fault with how he handled that as well.
  • aneed123
    edited November 2010
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    The AFC top to bottom is much better than the NFC yet Mcnabb lost all those games and for the most part except against Arizona played terrible in all those loses yet you using this to say Hes better than Rivers cmon son...

dude San Diego underachieved every year.... they had fire ass squads when Merriman was roided up yet they and Rivers nutted up. they gave the New England game away....
  • nujerz84
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Basically to me .. he ? up when Rush got at him for being a "Black QB" ? lost a little bit of himself that year imo..Like you said he is too nice.. to a fault.. He ? up and didnt play to his strengths in that superbowl.. because of the mark that was left on his psyche
    If thats the case the its damn shame he let a racist ? affect him to the point that he proved alot of the racist people thinking of "Black QB dont have the mental toughness or smarts to deal with the QB positon" correct smh..
  • Darius
    edited November 2010
    Options
    now if Rivers takes them to a super bowl with that lesser talent and 4 AFC title games then u could compare.... but we all know thats not gonna happen

how is it comparable?....you make it sound like the qb is the most responsible person for a teams success..so jake > than mcnabb since he beat them in an NFC champ game? Dilfer > mcnabb because he took a mediocre offensive team and won a superbowl with them?
  • nujerz84
    edited November 2010
    Options
    dude San Diego underachieved every year.... they had fire ass squads when Merriman was roided up yet they and Rivers nutted up. they gave the New England game away....
    Well whats any difference with McNabb hes pretty much has done the same ? in most cased was the cause of Philly losing those games.... Bottom Line like I Said barring injury or a major fall off when its all said and done right now Rivers is the better QB and when he retires will have had the better career than Mcnabb period
  • aneed123
    edited November 2010
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    how is it comparable?....you make it sound like the qb is the most responsible person for a teams success..so jake > than mcnabb since he beat them in an NFC champ game? Dilfer > mcnabb because he took a mediocre offensive team and won a superbowl with them?

It comparable because Mcnabb's career achiecvents are better than Rivers but folk wanna say he is better. Mcnabb has had less offensive talent his whole career outside on 1 yr with TO. Since u wanna be ignant about it then Dilfer > Rivers as well ? it Brad Johnson too lol
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ? was weird. and to be honest Mc Nabb has been below average this year. If you see the skins every week you would know that Mc Nabb is missing a lot of wide open Wr's out there. With that said he's also making moves and making plays that no other qb on the Skins roster can make and gives them the best chance of winning. Replacing him at that point of the game and this point of the season was some pure clown ? . And fro Rex Grossman. The Shanahan's are nut ? son and father. He gets more credit than he should for winning with Elway.
  • aneed123
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Well whats any difference with McNabb hes pretty much has done the same ? in most cased was the cause of Philly losing those games.... Bottom Line like I Said barring injury or a major fall off when its all said and done right now Rivers is the better QB and when he retires will have had the better career than Mcnabb period

i disagree. Rivers has to accomplish what Mcnabb did ie take his team to a Super Bowl and 4 conference title games. until he does u can only speculate
  • Darius
    edited November 2010
    Options
    It comparable because Mcnabb's career achiecvents are better than Rivers but folk wanna say he is better. Mcnabb has had less offensive talent his whole career outside on 1 yr with TO. Since u wanna be ignant about it then Dilfer > Rivers as well ? it Brad Johnson too lol

i say he's better regardless of the team achievements that each have had..mcnabb is a very solid qb, but rivers is better.
  • nujerz84
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i disagree. Rivers has to accomplish what Mcnabb did ie take his team to a Super Bowl and 4 conference title games. until he does u can only speculate
    IMO Donovan career achievements is nothing cause he has won nothing imo... Right now Rivers is better than Mcnabb and since he became a full time starter in 2006 has been better than Mcnabb. U would take Mcnabb over Rivers rite now???? ? would u take Mcnabb over Rivers in 2006??? Good thing you aint a GM.
  • dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i say he's better regardless of the team achievements that each have had..mcnabb is a very solid qb, but rivers is better.

i'll give you this. i think rivers will end up being better
  • aneed123
    edited November 2010
    Options
    IMO Donovan career achievements is nothing cause he has won nothing imo... Right now Rivers is better than Mcnabb and since he became a full time starter in 2006 has been better than Mcnabb. U would take Mcnabb over Rivers rite now???? ? would u take Mcnabb over Rivers in 2006??? Good thing you aint a GM.

but what has Rivers won? Mcnabb has accomplished more until River surpasses that there is no argument. unless underachieving counts lol Id be a great gm cuz Id build around both and I would let either throw so damn much. Rivers stats are inflated cuz they throw all the time esp since they fall behind a lot.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options

What has rivers done??? ? the numbers, give me one accomplishment that phillip rivers has made.
  • nujerz84
    edited November 2010
    Options
    but what has Rivers won? Mcnabb has accomplished more until River surpasses that there is no argument. unless underachieving counts lol Id be a great gm cuz Id build around both and I would let either throw so damn much. Rivers stats are inflated cuz they throw all the time esp since they fall behind a lot.
    I already pointed out that Rivers has surpassed Mcnabb in every category you want a QB to want including wins and winning percentage... and his record in the playoffs is not far behind at all. Conversely Mcnabb stats arent up to par because hes highly inconsistent, chocks in the clutch and not very accurate and makes ? decisons...
  • nujerz84
    edited November 2010
    Options
    doubletee wrote: »
    What has rivers done??? ? the numbers, give me one accomplishment that phillip rivers has made.
    More wins... better Winning Percentage and better Playoff Record since he became full time starter...
  • aneed123
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I already pointed out that Rivers has surpassed Mcnabb in every category you want a QB to want including wins and winning percentage... and his record in the playoffs is not far behind at all. Conversely Mcnabb stats arent up to par because hes highly inconsistent, chocks in the clutch and not very accurate and makes ? decisons...

Rivers does not have more career wins than Mcnabb. River also chockes and makes ? decisions.... so like I said until he wins significant playoff games u cant argue
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    More wins... better Winning Percentage and better Playoff Record since he became full time starter...

Come on man.... rivers isnt any better than rothlisberger or eli
    Donovan Mcnabb>>>>>Phillip Rivers
  • Darius
    edited November 2010
    Options

? the numbers? name one accomplishment? what do you want? awards?
  • nujerz84
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Rivers does not have more career wins than Mcnabb. River also chockes and makes ? decisions.... so like I said until he wins significant playoff games u cant argue
    Since Rivers been a full time starter in 2006 he has more wins than Mcnabb and considering Mcnabb has 5 more years than Rivers in the League Really more of a 7 year head start considering Rivers sat his first two seasons and is already has half of Donovan Career Wins record heading into this season proves my point...
  • nujerz84
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Come on man.... rivers isnt any better than rothlisberger or eli
    Donovan Mcnabb>>>>>Phillip Rivers
    I would take Ben and Eli over Mcnabb.... they dont fold under pressure like Donovan does....
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Ill tell you this much.. the NFC east has never been a cupcake division.
  • Darius
    edited November 2010
    Options
    how is rivers the one who chokes when mcnabb loses four NFC champ games and a superbowl, while having one of the best defenses in the NFL, but still got as many titles as I do?
  • nujerz84
    edited November 2010
    Options
    how is rivers the one who chokes when mcnabb loses four NFC champ games and a superbowl, while having one of the best defenses in the NFL, but still got as many titles as I do?
    Not only did Donovan had the better defense I would argue Philly also had the better special teams units as well... Nate Keading done cost San Diego at 2-3 playoff games thus far..