WTF SHANAHAN BENCHES MCNABB FOR GROSSMAN W/ 2 MIN LEFT?? smh......

Options

Comments

• rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    got dayum. tell em how you feel son

That ish had me so upset, Why Does Donovan continue to get hated on and Disrespected. The Way people talk about him in this thread you wouldn't think he Top 20 in all those catagories. When Mcnabb's career is over he will be Top 10 in almost every QB statistic. Yet what do I read, "Oh he's not Elite". SMH.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Shanahan is basically saying Mcnabb has no heart. lol These coaches stay treating these black QB's with no type of respect
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    you can't bring up all this ? about other white qb's and other white coaches and blah blah blah...you have to look at the individual..and while Shanahan may not have benched Elway, the two certainly had beef and didn't always see eye to eye in Denver, so if he is going to try and keep Elway in check, what makes you think he wont do it to McNabb?

Shanahan is a control freak, who doesn't give players a huge leash. He's trying to set a tone in DC and if he feels that McNabb isn't giving full effort, damn right a coach w/ that type of personality is going to react in an over the top manner to teach a lesson when the game is out of reach

Matt I hear u but deep down u know damn well a white qb with Mcnabbs pedigree would not be treated how he is. why do all the black qbs get ? on?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    That ish had me so upset, Why Does Donovan continue to get hated on and Disrespected. The Way people talk about him in this thread you wouldn't think he Top 20 in all those catagories. When Mcnabb's career is over he will be Top 10 in almost every QB statistic. Yet what do I read, "Oh he's not Elite". SMH.

On the real thanks for that drop.. Mcnabb should have grew nuts along time ago instead of being a glorfied voiceless commodity
  • playmaker88
    edited November 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Shanahan is basically saying Mcnabb has no heart. lol These coaches stay treating these black QB's with no type of respect

ive only been saying this for years .. and lol yeah.. that was his creative way of saying that
  • aneed123
    edited November 2010
    Options

I feel u. I was 38 hot. then Dilfer really ? me off after seeing him ? Farve last week defending his horrible game and then he basically cosigns Shananhan. This is why I love ignant ass players like Moss and TO. being nice gets u ? over anyway
  • rapmastermind
    edited November 2010
    Options
    you can't bring up all this ? about other white qb's and other white coaches and blah blah blah...you have to look at the individual..and while Shanahan may not have benched Elway, the two certainly had beef and didn't always see eye to eye in Denver, so if he is going to try and keep Elway in check, what makes you think he wont do it to McNabb?

Shanahan is a control freak, who doesn't give players a huge leash. He's trying to set a tone in DC and if he feels that McNabb isn't giving full effort, damn right a coach w/ that type of personality is going to react in an over the top manner to teach a lesson when the game is out of reach

Again, I only brought up the "White" QB thing cause there are QB's playing worst than Mcnabb and they would not get treated the way Mcnabb did. I understand Benching's happen. Mcnabb was benched in Philly (Went on to take the team to the NFC Title Game). Shanahan did bench Elway one time. Steve Young was benched. My issue is with how it was handled. Mcnabb with Zero Oline and weak weapons has been running for his life all season.

If you are going to bench someone, bench the Oline. Everyone wants to talk about "Oh look at his QB Rating". Mcnabb is 5th in the NFL in Passing Yards, and that's with the Redskins Recievers. Let's see some of these other "Elite QB's" put up numbers with average recievers. Mcnabb did the exact same thing in Philly. Mcnabb also leads the league in Passes of 50 yards or more. Again I can't help but feel this is kinda racial.

I'm not saying Shanahan is a racist, I'm just saying the perception was "Mcnabb isn't smart enough to run the 2 minute offense". Mcnabb has won 105 Games in his career. How does a QB that won 105 games not know how to run the 2 minute Offense? Now he comes out today and starts making up more ? about his conditioning and still disrespecting Mcnabb. If I was Mcnabb I would just keep quiet cause Shanaham is burying himself with all his lies.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options

word.........
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    lol @ matt. trying to save this thread
  • rapmastermind
    edited November 2010
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    I feel u. I was 38 hot. then Dilfer really ? me off after seeing him ? Farve last week defending his horrible game and then he basically cosigns Shananhan. This is why I love ignant ass players like Moss and TO. being nice gets u ? over anyway

Dilfer is garbage. This is why winning the Superbowl is a team accomplishment cause if it wasn't for that Defense, he wouldn't of won ish. According to some of these people, Dilfer > Marino and Mcnabb.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Matt I hear u but deep down u know damn well a white qb with Mcnabbs pedigree would not be treated how he is. why do all the black qbs get ? on?

Almost all qb's get ? on..people are turning on Carson Palmer, Romo gets the boos and hate, alex smith, and so on. it isn't just black ones. McNabb gets the most attention because he has been better than most black qb's, but the level of hate he gets from other fans isn't any different than the hate for romo. damn even peyton caught flack until he won a superbowl.

this whole thing has nothing to do with race, and has less to do with mcnabb. this is about Mike Shanahan and another unusual technique. the dude used to make his players in denver take lie detector tests when he wanted information
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Almost all qb's get ? on..people are turning on Carson Palmer, Romo gets the boos and hate, alex smith, and so on. it isn't just black ones. McNabb gets the most attention because he has been better than most black qb's, but the level of hate he gets from other fans isn't any different than the hate for romo. damn even peyton caught flack until he won a superbowl.

this whole thing has nothing to do with race, and has less to do with mcnabb. this is about Mike Shanahan and another unusual technique. the dude used to make his players in denver take lie detector tests when he wanted information

maybe im wrong but i never once heard about peyton, carson or romo being in danger of losing their jobs for consecutive years at any point in his career. every year it was "when is mcnabb done in philly?" even after taking them to the nfc championship against arizona
  • playmaker88
    edited November 2010
    Options
    peagle05 wrote: »
    maybe im wrong but i never once heard about peyton, carson or romo being in danger of losing their jobs for consecutive years at any point in his career. every year it was "when is mcnabb done in philly?" even after taking them to the nfc championship against arizona

I remember that ? too.. the first year they brought that ? up with all those rumor of him being traded and what not he should have left.. but he ? up and took it.. like a jail house weezy
  • aneed123
    edited November 2010
    Options

I respect ur opinion but I disagree. Romo hasnt been benched, Palmer has a black coach. Mcnabb already spoke on how he felt he was treated differently as a black coach. black qbs get shorter leashes, get less opportunties (check out all the recycled white qbs in the league who get to be back ups and starters. This coached basically called a Hall of Fame qb a dumb fat lazy ass who Grossman is better than in the 2 minute drill.
  • Darius
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Again, I only brought up the "White" QB thing cause there are QB's playing worst than Mcnabb and they would not get treated the way Mcnabb did. I understand Benching's happen. Mcnabb was benched in Philly (Went on to take the team to the NFC Title Game). Shanahan did bench Elway one time. Steve Young was benched. My issue is with how it was handled. Mcnabb with Zero Oline and weak weapons has been running for his life all season.
    If you are going to bench someone, bench the Oline. Everyone wants to talk about "Oh look at his QB Rating". Mcnabb is 5th in the NFL in Passing Yards, and that's with the Redskins Recievers. Let's see some of these other "Elite QB's" put up numbers with average recievers. Mcnabb did the exact same thing in Philly. Mcnabb also leads the league in Passes of 50 yards or more. Again I can't help but feel this is kinda racial.

I'm not saying Shanahan is a racist, I'm just saying the perception was "Mcnabb isn't smart enough to run the 2 minute offense". Mcnabb has won 105 Games in his career. How does a QB that won 105 games not know how to run the 2 minute Offense? Now he comes out today and starts making up more ? about his conditioning and still disrespecting Mcnabb. If I was Mcnabb I would just keep quiet cause Shanaham is burying himself with all his lies.

well that could be coming next. these guys see the head coach benching their superstar qb and their highest paid player, they gonna know their jobs aren't safe
  • aneed123
    edited November 2010
    Options
    black qbs never really get that Peyton Manning we are behind u through thick and thin support..... hell many would never have survived Mannings 1st year with all those picks and would have been benched and called a bust. I want to see a black qb get the same freedom and liberties to audible and tell the coach what to do like Peyton and Brady do
  • Darius
    edited November 2010
    Options
    peagle05 wrote: »

i'm not saying they were in danger of losing their job. I was talking about 'hate' these guys receiver. Peyton was different b/c him not having the ring is what people would throw out to say he wasn't on Brady's level. Romo gets hate cause of who he plays for, how much he has failed in the playoffs, and just the way he carries himself. Palmer gets it, well, like most 'sports hate' it isn't always justified and is rarely logical. but it is what it is.

and as an eagles fan, you better than anyone should know that nothing is good enough for anyone there, especially at the qb position. and even more when its a qb who has brought them to the cusps of a title for at least 4 seasons, because thats when the "oh he chokes" or the "oh he can't win the big one, get him outta here" talk begins
  • rapmastermind
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Oh and if you people don't believe Donovan's Stats look it up. 15th ALL TIME REGULAR SEASON WINS, 10th ALL TIME PLAYOFF WINS. But Not Elite??? Mcnabb has just as many Playoff wins as Peyton (Peyton has more losses) and more than Marino.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Most_wins_by_a_starting_quarterback_(NFL)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_starting_quarterback_playoff_records
  • playmaker88
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The devil always plays the advocate
  • Darius
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I respect ur opinion but I disagree. Romo hasnt been benched, Palmer has a black coach. Mcnabb already spoke on how he felt he was treated differently as a black coach. black qbs get shorter leashes, get less opportunties (check out all the recycled white qbs in the league who get to be back ups and starters. This coached basically called a Hall of Fame qb a dumb fat lazy ass who Grossman is better than in the 2 minute drill.

who is going to bench Romo? Wade Phillips, come on consider some of the external factors here. and there are more recycled white qb's in the league b/c there are more white 'pro style' qb's in circulation. these black guys coming out of college are forced to change positions if they want a career. and no its not just black qb's either..see eric crouch
  • aneed123
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i'm not saying they were in danger of losing their job. I was talking about 'hate' these guys receiver. Peyton was different b/c him not having the ring is what people would throw out to say he wasn't on Brady's level. Romo gets hate cause of who he plays for, how much he has failed in the playoffs, and just the way he carries himself. Palmer gets it, well, like most 'sports hate' it isn't always justified and is rarely logical. but it is what it is.

and as an eagles fan, you better than anyone should know that nothing is good enough for anyone there, especially at the qb position. and even more when its a qb who has brought them to the cusps of a title for at least 4 seasons, because thats when the "oh he chokes" or the "oh he can't win the big one, get him outta here" talk begins

matt Mannings criticism was somewhat warranted esp since New England called him soft and he couldnt get over the ? . he was never in danger of losing his job nor was he disrespected by his coaches. Chad Johnson has been used as Palmers scapegoat for years.... this year its just too obvious that Palmer was a big part of the problem. once again his coach never disrespected him or benched him. Romo gets criticized for his fuckups which is warranted. yet he hasnt been benched for Kitna... yet Mcnabb has been benched twice
  • Darius
    edited November 2010
    Options
    but lol @ the raiders starting bruce gradkowski and benching Jason Campbell, after he went 2-0 and the raiders scoring over 90pts in 2 games.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    McNabb reminds me of a battered housewife, she stays getting treated like ? by her husband but she always end up forgiving him. Dude has the back bone of Starscream.
  • hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Where do I begin. What Mike Shanahan did to Mcnabb was borderline racist. Yes I said it. How dare he say in so many words "Mcnabb is not smart enough to run the 2 minute offense". Then today he had the nerve to say in so many words "Oh he wasn't fit to run the Offense". To add insult to injury, he actually put Rex "GROSS-MAN" garbage ass out there? It must have been Holloween cause that whole thing was a horror movie. 1st let's get one thing straight cause I see a lot of Mcnabb Haters in this thread:

Passing Yards: 17th ALL TIME NFL HISTORY
    Passing TD's: 15th ALL TIME NFL HISTORY
    Rushing Yards QB: 8th ALL TIME NFL HISTORY
    Rushing TD's QB: 7th ALL TIME NFL HISTORY
    Regular Season Wins: 15th ALL TIME NFL HISTORY
    Playoffs Wins: 10th ALL TIME NFL HISTORY
    Playoff Passing Yards: 10th ALL TIME
    Playoff TD's: 10th ALL TIME
    Playoff Rushing yards for a QB: 10th ALL TIME
    TD/INT RATIO: #1 NFL HISTORY (He might off dropped to #2 cause this year his INT's are up)
    Most Comeback Wins/Game Winning Drives: 10th ALL TIME NFL HISTORY (What was that Shananhan about Mcnabb no knowing the 2 minute offense?, SMH, He's 4th Active Right now)
    MOST CONSECUTIVE COMPLETIONS IN NFL HISTORY (24 Straight Complitions)
    MOST RUSHING YARDS FOR A QB PLAYOFF GAME: #2 NFL HISTORY
    MOST PASSING YARDS IN A SUPERBOWL GAME: #5. Donovan Mcnabb

So Let me get this straight, Mcnabb is Basically Top 20 ALL TIME in basically every satistical catagory for QB in the History of the game and some of you have the nerve to say he's "Over-rated, Not Elite". Are you guys kidding me? How can he not be Elite with numbers like that? No QB won more games this past Decade but Manning and Brady. LOL @ Bringing up "Well he didn't win a Championship". There have been tons of Legendary players who never won a title. Marino being one them, so I guess Marino isn't one of the Best QB's of All Time since he didn't win a title. SMH, Marino is Top 5 on everyone's list even without a title. LOL @ that lame journyman QB Trent Diller trying to diss Mcnabb on ESPN, Mcnabb is 1,000x's a better QB Than Diller ever was. Diller won the Superbowl cause of his Defense.

Now why did I bring up Race. There were plenty of "White" QB's that have played like complete trash and they would never get treated the way Donovan did yesterday. It's sad that people can't see this for what it is. His coach questioned his intelligence infront of the whole world. Mcnabb said this years ago that "Black QB's are judged more harshly and are held to a different standard". And he's right. If Brees, Rivers, Eli or all the other QB's you guys say are "Better" than Mcnabb had his career numbers, you would all be calling them ? 's but when it's Mcnabb he's "Over-rated". Now I know this season he hasn't been the greatest but he's on a new team, with a new system and new weapons. It's going to take time. He was doing just fine in Philly as his last 2 seasons he broke franchise records and lead the Eagles to back to back Playoff apperences and another NFC Title game.

The Benching was 100% wrong on every level you can think of. Rex Grossman isn't even better than Mcnabb's ? strap. Mcnabb lost the Superbowl by 3 points to Brady and a Dynasty. Rex got blown out basically by Peyton so don't bring up Rex went to the Superbowl cause that was obviously the Defense. The fact that Mcnabb has so much class and has taken the high road dispite the constant disrepect is sad. Mcnabb needs to just start calling people out. I hope Mcnabb wins the Superbowl THIS YEAR just to shut up all the Haters. I can't believe a QB who's Top 20 in that many catagories get this type of disrespect. Black QB's again just can't catch a break. Mcnabb should leave the Skins next year but I want him to play hard the rest of the season. The Redskins were a 4-12 team last year, I guess Mcnabb was brought into a winning team that wasn't trash, opps. SMH @ the Disrespect he still recieves.

Great post!
  • aneed123
    edited November 2010
    Options
    but lol @ the raiders starting bruce gradkowski and benching Jason Campbell, after he went 2-0 and the raiders scoring over 90pts in 2 games.

see more examples of the mans fuckery lol