WTF SHANAHAN BENCHES MCNABB FOR GROSSMAN W/ 2 MIN LEFT?? smh......

Options

Comments

• LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Was the benching a good decision?
    Is Rex Grossman a better player?
    Did Shanahan give his team the best chance to win?
    Who is your starting qb?

Do you really want me to start a list of underachieving qbs?

People bring in race into the picture cause that is the ONLY thing that makes sense at this point. It damn sure wasn't a good football decision.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    mcnabb does it to himself
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    matt Mannings criticism was somewhat warranted esp since New England called him soft and he couldnt get over the ? . he was never in danger of losing his job nor was he disrespected by his coaches. Chad Johnson has been used as Palmers scapegoat for years.... this year its just too obvious that Palmer was a big part of the problem. once again his coach never disrespected him or benched him. Romo gets criticized for his fuckups which is warranted. yet he hasnt been benched for Kitna... yet Mcnabb has been benched twice

for bums....who turned both turned the ball over the possession after the benching
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    mcnabb does it to himself

lies........
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    shanahan benched Jake Plummer as well..a guy who led them to the afc champ game.
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    peagle05 wrote: »
    maybe im wrong but i never once heard about peyton, carson or romo being in danger of losing their jobs for consecutive years at any point in his career. every year it was "when is mcnabb done in philly?" even after taking them to the nfc championship against arizona

Exactly, that's my point, nobody wants to talk about the Elephant in the room cause they know it's true. Peyton was losing playoff games while Mcnabb was winning them yet his job was never in question. Carson Palmer has had 7 years and he's been more down than up yet his job never in question. Romo has had great stats but shaky play late in the season and only 1 playoff win in 4 years yet his job never in question. Mcnabb job has been in quesiton since he was booed at the draft.

He was replaced by Kevin Kolb who Andy ended up Benching. How are you going to bench Kolb "The future" if you traded Mcnabb? Mcnabb is the reason Michael Vick is even on the Eagles cause it was Mcnabb that told Andy to bring on Vick and giving him a 2nd chance (Mcnabb helping out his Black QB faternity). Again, everything isn't racial but Black Qb's really have a hard road in the NFL. Speaking of Vick, a lot of Eagles fans were acting like he was a trash QB before Andy made him the starter over Kolb as if Vick wasn't the QB the Eagles had to play to get to their 1st Superbowl in 25 years.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    lies........

? is a clown he is too timid on the field
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ? is a clown he is too timid on the field

I dont think he is timid on the field but he comes off as a ? by letting them ? him without saying ? . His play on the field deserves him respect.
  • rapmastermind
    edited November 2010
    Options
    peagle05 wrote: »
    for bums....who turned both turned the ball over the possession after the benching

Yep, He was benched for Kolb and Kolb threw the longest Pick 6 in NFL History. Mcnabb lead the Eagles to the NFC title game after that. He was benched for Rex GROSS-MAN and he fumbles for a TD. I guess the Skins are going deep in the playoffs. One thing I've noticed about Mcnabb, when he's called out, he always shows up.

I kinda feel bad cause I got love for the Eagles but they aren't beating the Skins. The last time Mcnabb was benched he bodied Arizona on Thanksgiving in Primetime (Most points in Thanksgiving History). His next game, Primetime Monday night against the Eagles. Mcnabb has 2 weeks to be ? about the disrespect and will take his fustrations out on the field.
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Yep, He was benched for Kolb and Kolb threw the longest Pick 6 in NFL History. Mcnabb lead the Eagles to the NFC title game after that. He was benched for Rex GROSS-MAN and he fumbles for a TD. I guess the Skins are going deep in the playoffs. One thing I've noticed about Mcnabb, when he's called out, he always shows up.

I kinda feel bad cause I got love for the Eagles but they aren't beating the Skins. The last time Mcnabb was benched he bodied Arizona on Thanksgiving in Primetime (Most points in Thanksgiving History). His next game, Primetime Monday night against the Eagles. Mcnabb has 2 weeks to be ? about the disrespect and will take his fustrations out on the field.

that arizona game had me hyped by the time the nfc title game came around...? up thing was he brought them back and the defense blew it.

and im gonna be at that ? lol its gonna be good, hopefully vick can go the whole game
  • Darius
    edited November 2010
    Options

so if the secret to getting mcnabb to have a great game is to bench him, then why was it a bad move?
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Carson Palmer should be Getting Roasted in the Media....... Dude never gets talked about

like peagle said they'll always Talk about Mcnabb , but u Got wack Players like Palmer who just continue to get away with Pure Garbage..
  • hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Exactly, that's my point, nobody wants to talk about the Elephant in the room cause they know it's true. Peyton was losing playoff games while Mcnabb was winning them yet his job was never in question. Carson Palmer has had 7 years and he's been more down than up yet his job never in question. Romo has had great stats but shaky play late in the season and only 1 playoff win in 4 years yet his job never in question. Mcnabb job has been in quesiton since he was booed at the draft.

He was replaced by Kevin Kolb who Andy ended up Benching. How are you going to bench Kolb "The future" if you traded Mcnabb? Mcnabb is the reason Michael Vick is even on the Eagles cause it was Mcnabb that told Andy to bring on Vick and giving him a 2nd chance (Mcnabb helping out his Black QB faternity). Again, everything isn't racial but Black Qb's really have a hard road in the NFL. Speaking of Vick, a lot of Eagles fans were acting like he was a trash QB before Andy made him the starter over Kolb as if Vick wasn't the QB the Eagles had to play to get to their 1st Superbowl in 25 years.

How many times has Mike Singeltary benched Alex Smith this season??

The 49ers have Frank Gore, Michael Crabtree, and Vernon Davis on offense yet Alex Smith has a 75.0 passer rating on a team thats 2-6 and lost 5 games in a row??
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Carson Palmer should be Getting Roasted in the Media....... Dude never gets talked about

like peagle said they'll always Talk about Mcnabb , but u Got wack Players like Palmer who just continue to get away with Pure Garbage..

word. just last week, they were blaming the problems on TO and Ocho Cinco.
  • Darius
    edited November 2010
    Options
    alot of people who mess up in the NFL dont get talked about, usually the ones that do are the one's fromt the bigger markets and a more high profile name
  • hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    What's McNabb's record in "2 minute drill" scenarios? I heard it was like 2-13...is that true?

not saying that discredits your long ass post at all...

Somebody lied to you.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=McNaDo00
  • MR.CJ
    edited November 2010
    Options
  • rapmastermind
    edited November 2010
    Options
    What's McNabb's record in "2 minute drill" scenarios? I heard it was like 2-13...is that true?

not saying that discredits your long ass post at all...

They were saying that stat was since 2005. Well in 05 and 06 Mcnabb had season ending injuries. They need to post career stats instead of a few year samples. They were just trying to find some negatives to cover up for Shanahan's decision. My Stats tell the story. He's Top 20 in ever meaningful stat for a QB IN NFL HISTORY.
  • rapmastermind
    edited November 2010
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    trent dilfer ethering mcnabb

Dilfer is garbage. How are you going to get traded after winning the Superbowl. The next year?, LOL that shows you how good he was.
  • MR.CJ
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Dilfer is garbage. How are you going to get traded after winning the Superbowl. The next year?, LOL that shows you how good he was.

lol...........
  • rapmastermind
    edited November 2010
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    lol...........

Dilfer Career Stats:

Pass attempts 3,172
    Pass completions 1,759
    Percentage 55.5
    TD-INT 113-129
    Passing yards 20,518
    QB Rating 70.2

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1994–1999)
    Baltimore Ravens (2000)
    Seattle Seahawks (2001–2004)
    Cleveland Browns (2005)
    San Francisco 49ers (2006–2007)

He think cause he won the Superbowl with one of the best Defenses of all time make him a great QB, lol. He's a journy man QB who go lucky with again one of the greatest defenses. He was only on Baltimore for 1 season, lol. Mcnabb has Hall of Fame numbers, Dilfer is not on his level. He has more INT's than TD's, lol.
  • MR.CJ
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Dilfer Career Stats:

Pass attempts 3,172
    Pass completions 1,759
    Percentage 55.5
    TD-INT 113-129
    Passing yards 20,518
    QB Rating 70.2

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1994–1999)
    Baltimore Ravens (2000)
    Seattle Seahawks (2001–2004)
    Cleveland Browns (2005)
    San Francisco 49ers (2006–2007)

He think cause he won the Superbowl with one of the best Defenses of all time make him a great QB, lol. He's a journy man QB who go lucky with again one of the greatest defenses. He was only on Baltimore for 1 season, lol. Mcnabb has Hall of Fame numbers, Dilfer is not on his level. He has more INT's than TD's, lol.

well, damn. lmao
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I think ya'll are misunderstanding Trent. He wasn't really dissing Donnovan. He was saying that based on reports coming out of DC, there is a disconnect between what the coaching staff wants from Donnovan and what Donnovan is willing to do. Trent wasn't saying that sitting Donnovan out was a good move from a gameplay standpoint. He was talking about Shanahan making a move to show everyone they need to be accountable. He even said something to the effect of it was a move that meant losing the game.

I can't say he was right or wrong because I don't know what info they have about the interactions on the team. But it wasn't like he was saying "Yeah, Mike, good job for sitting that dumb ******." Donnovan hasn't been playing well. If some of that is due to the fact that he's resisting working with the coach's vision, then it's not out of line to suggest that the coach is within his rights to sit McNabb to prove a point. That's kinda stupid in my opinion, but coaches do it all the time.
  • rapmastermind
    edited November 2010
    Options
    hrap-120 wrote: »

That's what I mean, they are only focusing on some of his losses in the 4th Quarter instead of talking about his wins also. He's played over 160 games, of course he's lost games in the 4th quarter, I think every QB has. But he's had many 4th Quarter comebacks and Game Winning Drives. It's not Mcnabb's fault when his Eagles won games, they blew people out, that's what they did. They were a high powered Offense even though only Mcnabb and Westbrook were the most powerful weapons.

Overall the whole thing in D.C. is a mess and I'm glad Donovan is quiet, "Bad Boys Move in Slience" cause Shanahan can't keep up with his lies about why he Benched Donovan. What's crazy about that list is Donovan had 3 4th Quarter game winning drives last year. And 2 of the 4 Redskins wins this year were 4th Quarter comebacks. So Donovan has had 5 4th Quarter game winning drives in the last 2 seasons. Not to mention in the Texans Lost in Overtime for the Skins, Mcnabb lead the team in FG Range and the kicker missed the FG. That would of been his 3rd 4th Quarter comeback this year. SMH @ Shanahan.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I think the whole 4th quarter comeback stat is overrated anyway. How many times have we seen a QB make a brilliant comeback to save a game they put in jeopardy in the first place?