2nd Annual Weightloss Competition

Options

Comments

• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    lol "@ June what state you live in".... smh....
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    It only seems like your losing little weight but your adding muscle and doing both is madd difficult. Most cats that work out on the reg do 1 of 2 things at once bulk up or cut up. Rarely do they do both at the same time that's only meant for fat dudes like us. @June what state you live in? @ Birdie yo the difference is madd impressive.
    This. Du, you need to lose weight first before you try adding "new muscle". I been losing weight since January of this year (21 pounds lost last month) and my muscles have not gotten smaller at all. I lift weights mon, wed, and friday along with some cardio, and tues, and thurs is strictly cardio days. I take the weekends off. I also created a caloric deficit :tu My bodyfat % has dropped considerably, losing inches like crazy, and best of all, my muscles have not gotten any smaller. Thats why I told you to take measurements, ? .
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    DEE-LICIOUS Members Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    WallH wrote: »
    This. Du, you need to lose weight first before you try adding "new muscle". I been losing weight since January of this year (21 pounds lost last month) and my muscles have not gotten smaller at all. I lift weights mon, wed, and friday along with some cardio, and tues, and thurs is strictly cardio days. I take the weekends off. I also created a caloric deficit :tu My bodyfat % has dropped considerably, losing inches like crazy, and best of all, my muscles have not gotten any smaller. Thats why I told you to take measurements, ? .

u don't need to lose no damn weight. foh. ur fineeee like wineeeee

And me and ILL are gone chill this yr *putting it in the air* imma be in Chi 3x's this yr so it's finna happen.

Caddo- damn that DID satisfy my nosiness!! LOL Wow good luck with that!! for real! U can do it man...keep doin what ur doing.

Me and Du bout to have a lazyman challenge. See who can get off their ? enough to actually lose some weight in the next 2 months.
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    u don't need to lose no damn weight. foh. ur fineeee like wineeeee
    Thats much appreciated...

I didnt think I had weight to lose either (at least not much) until I actually started lol I have more fat on me than previously thought haha Plus, I got injured and couldnt work out for a while and was eating everything in sight and ended up putting on more weight :td

• whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    MAAAN, I WANNA DRANK TONIGHT...but im trying to be in this competition.. i dont drink beer, only hard liquor, mostly rum and juice....thats okay for one...or 2 nights right..that and a pizza?
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited February 2011
    Options
    dusouljah wrote: »
    yea brdy won already....

imma be damn near ripped by this summer, but ? around and only lost 15 pounds if that....

stop making excuses ? ...get on your ? ...
  • junegemini
    junegemini Members Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    It only seems like your losing little weight but your adding muscle and doing both is madd difficult. Most cats that work out on the reg do 1 of 2 things at once bulk up or cut up. Rarely do they do both at the same time that's only meant for fat dudes like us. @June what state you live in? @ Birdie yo the difference is madd impressive.

*edit*

Yo Du one a day just don't sound right.

i reside in MA
  • junegemini
    edited February 2011
    Options
    im slowly but surely getting back to my diet routine...the workouts are fine...kind of in that same boat as Du, feel good about working out, but not seeing the results you wanna see :(

here was yesterday's breakfast...i gotta find some whey protein to add to it next time and ima try that peanut butter joint jamel told Dee to try

179473_701669706457_33607876_37450850_2859530_n.jpg
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    junegemini wrote: »
    im slowly but surely getting back to my diet routine...the workouts are fine...kind of in that same boat as Du, feel good about working out, but not seeing the results you wanna see :(

here was yesterday's breakfast...i gotta find some whey protein to add to it next time and ima try that peanut butter joint jamel told Dee to try

Hey June

*mmwaahh*

Switch up your routine or change up you diet a little. From some people that I've seen that makes dramatic changes they do the whole calorie counting to a tee and it works for them on average 15 lbs in 2 weeks if the workout routines are there.
  • junegemini
    edited February 2011
    Options
    hey Gutta *hugs* i was doing great in the beginning, but last week i binged liked a mug :( so i gotta make up for that. i was doing a low to no carb thing...that whole counting calorie thing doesn't work for me cuz i forget to count :( lol
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    DEE-LICIOUS Members Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    yo i totally had pizza and wangs. and feel horribly smh.

June- whats in that smoothie? lemme know.

Does anyone have any ideas for breakfast besides egg whites? I had a horrible allergic reaction last week to egg beaters smh...from thursday - saturday i was feeling like i was about to die. So now im kinda scared to eat eggs for a while. I never had 'egg beaters' before but i always ate eggs and egg whites so imma start back but just not yet. I need healthy breakfast ideas though- low carb if possible. no pancakes and ?
  • junegemini
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Dee...it was mixed berries(frozen bag of straw, blue, rasp, and black berry) a lil canteloup, half of banana, vanilla yogurt and some ice

for breakfast, i eat cereal, veggie omelet, or 2 boiled eggs with black pepper on them and fruit

i wish i ate oatmeal :(
  • whatevathehell
    edited February 2011
    Options
    posting some more progress pics this friday/saturday..

anyway I tried counting calories years ago and that ? is stressful. health is habit. everythang cool as long as you do it in moderation...that includes exercise. so if you working out 7 days a week and starving yourself you aint gon make it to the end of htemonth without reverthing back to your old ways. pizza,wings, and even beer a coupla nights a month aint that bad,as long as you aint eating a whole pizza, 14 wings, and a 12 pack by yo damn self.. thats just greedy. it might go a little slower if you cut them out completely but you will stil reach your goals.

lifted pretty heavy yesterday...for me anyway...and ran 4 miles this morning...ima hit the gym tommorrow night and take wednesday completely off.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Yesterday I had a hamburger without the bread (it was wrapped in a piece of lettuce) and six BBQ wings (they were actually BBQ). today I did the same thing. (The hamburger part.)

I will be going on a extreme diet for a week to kick off my weight lost again. Finally got under 224 but it was in the morning. I know I will be 226 when I lay down. In the morning, I will be eating fruit with cantaloupe, strawberries, and grapes. For lunch and dinner I will veggie or vegetable soup. the only thing I am cutting out is the vegetable omelet and the turkey sausage. I also have to add more to my workout. I wanted to start P90X but time is a premium this week.

I wish everyone luck with there diets.
  • junegemini
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i did a lil weight training sunday and monday...my armpits sore as hell, is that natural? lol

i know its not, but anybody else ever had their that area underneath the arm to hurt?
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    junegemini wrote: »
    i did a lil weight training sunday and monday...my armpits sore as hell, is that natural? lol

i know its not, but anybody else ever had their that area underneath the arm to hurt?

I'm doing p90x and leg & back day has you doing pull ups & chin ups (I could only do 4 everytime we had to do it) and the next few days, my shoulders and armpit area was super sore.
  • junegemini
    edited February 2011
    Options
    lol i use the bands for pull ups
  • Nthngis4vr
    edited February 2011
    Options
    how much were they and where did you get them from?
  • junegemini
    edited February 2011
    Options
    target...i bought a pack of three for about $12...they come with light, medium, hard resistance...for some portions of p90x i double up the hard with the medium for more resistance
  • whatevathehell
    edited February 2011
    Options
    not that anybody cares but I maxed out for the first time today @ 275...im feeling like superman. oh im 5'6", 170 even. yall might rightfully think that aint impressive but im being trying to get that for almost 2 months now. oh and since the start of this competition a little over a month for me since I started the first of the year Ive dropped between 5 and 6 lbs...ima slow it down for the next coupla months, only trying to get down to 150-155.
  • Nthngis4vr
    edited February 2011
    Options
    not that anybody cares but I maxed out for the first time today @ 275...im feeling like superman. oh im 5'6", 170 even. yall might rightfully think that aint impressive but im being trying to get that for almost 2 months now. oh and since the start of this competition a little over a month for me since I started the first of the year Ive dropped between 5 and 6 lbs...ima slow it down for the next coupla months, only trying to get down to 150-155.

good for you. congrats. :)
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I'm doing push ups and sit ups like crazy. More muscle than fat, my weight as of Friday was 213.8 :( smh my waist still 38 in though
  • whatevathehell
    edited February 2011
    Options
    good for you. congrats. :)

thanks....a brother was looking for a pat on the back. :)
  • Nthngis4vr
    edited February 2011
    Options
    thanks....a brother was looking for a pat on the back. :)

I know, no prob. That's what keeps me motivated to keep going too.
  • desi
    desi Members Posts: 374
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I'm doing Tabata Interval Training. Im trying to lose weight, fat. w/e

I mostly do sprints, pushups, sit ups, burpees, and squats, I might incorporate other excises when my conditioning improves.

I'm not lifting as much or barely since this leaves too winded to do anything.