Comments

• Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    7figz wrote: »
    @7figz

Wtf

You ask questions like these:

Like literally, WTF you want the rest of us to do about a dude who calls all women ? and hoes, or beats up women for no reason ?

But conveniently ignore/dismiss our answers or make excuses or deflect

Do some actual reading

We've made suggestions all throughout this thread

You think there not worth consideration please explain why and in detail

Otherwise you are apart of the problem

Like I said - enumerate your suggestions. Seeing a bunch of pronouns and blame 11 pages in wasn't saying ? . Don't even know what the ? you're suggesting to say it ain't worth consideration.

If you and Westie have so much problems with Black men, make a thread on it and be clear about what you're accusing us of and who you're accusing it and maybe you'll get an applicable response.

Waiting for every other situation to be discussed and then coming into the thread with some "But y'all ain't care about Black women" ? is lame.

BTW, I read your article already that your posting ad nauseam, so miss me with that "actual reading" ? and post something with some "actual" evidence and not just some ? suggesting that all the Black men and women of the civil rights were at each others' throats.

Let me make this clear, because there are so many sensitive men lashing out.

EYE know wonderful, thoughtful, loving black men that would ? one of you ? for even speaking to me the way you do on here. EYE am personally protected. EYE have a great father who lives down the street from me, loves his black wife and black family. Never so much as put a hand on my mother. I have uncles and a brother and a son and a man and friends who are black MEN. The list goes on.

Does that mean that I have never been mistreated by black man? No. Does that mean I don't know women who are abused at the hands of black men? No. I can see so many positive examples and negative examples. The same goes with black women, by the way.

Addressing these concerns, which are already highlighted in this thread in the original post, didn't mean that every single black man is a ? . it doesn't mean that every single black man in **my** life is a ? . I don't have any black men in my life that I interact with that I think are these problematic black men. (Not to say I don't know homophobic black men that I love, I do.) But harmful black men? No. But I've seen it in my friend's men, I've seen it in exes. I've seen it in just regular interactions with how black men have approached me.

Why is it so hard for y'all to say that there are ain't ? black men And that it starts there? I'm sure you have hung out with some ain't ? ? you haven't ever checked about how he treats the women in his life. You don't do that. That is the problem. It doesn't have to be just you it doesn't only have to be you. You know these men exist. Stop acting like you don't know what we are talking about, because you do.
  • Westie
    Options
    Westie wrote: »
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    Black men getting blamed for the sexism of white men now ?

No but we are expected to be abuse victims who show no symptoms....? victims who grow up to be outgoing people who you would never be able to tell were ? , Tuskegee airmen who were given syphilis and untreated but show no signs of it....

Was sexism a issue prior to America?? Because that’s the state we are trying to get back to and fixing sexism within the black community will not bring about liberation...neither will the reconstruction of “toxic masculinity”

We are all abused and the problem comes when no one addresses it. Black women are abused and we address it because we can be abused at the hands of black men. It happens. Having it acknowledged is something. That's a step. The abuse of black men is also a problem and it should be acknowledged as well. I don't know why we continue to that talk at each other and act like there are no valid points. Everybody needs to heal and it's ? up.

Is it so bad to acknowledge our pain? We're here now. We know the problems NOW. This ? needs to start somewhere.

And who doesn't acknowledge it ? Don't the majority of Black men react to some ? up ? .... as it being ? up ? ?

Lol....do they? You really want to open this can of worms on this saturday morning?

so you want black men o go buss they guns for people who dont support them any other time?

so ....a corny ? whos labeled a corny ? an gets looked over by chicks....thats the guy you want to stand up for you? so he aint important until you need him? but then after he does stand up for you, will he been then be given a chance?

i think not.

i hear entitlement all up and thru this convo

What does this have to do with dating or corny ? ?

Yall are HURT.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @7figz

Wtf

Like literally, WTF you want the rest of us to do about a dude who calls all women ? and hoes, or beats up women for no reason ?

Do some actual reading

Like I said - enumerate your suggestions. Seeing a bunch of pronouns and blame 11 pages in wasn't saying ? . Don't even know what the ? you're suggesting to say it ain't worth consideration.

If you and Westie have so much problems with Black men, make a thread on it and be clear about what you're accusing us of and who you're accusing it and maybe you'll get an applicable response.

Waiting for every other situation to be discussed and then coming into the thread with some "But y'all ain't care about Black women" ? is lame.

BTW, I read your article already that your posting ad nauseam, so miss me with that "actual reading" ? and post something with some "actual" evidence and not just some ? suggesting that all the Black men and women of the civil rights were at each others' throats.

EYE know wonderful, thoughtful, loving black men that would ? one of you ? for even speaking to me the way you do on here. EYE am personally protected. EYE have a great father who lives down the street from me, loves his black wife and black family. Never so much as put a hand on my mother. I have uncles and a brother and a son and a man and friends who are black MEN. The list goes on.

Does that mean that I have never been mistreated by black man? No. Does that mean I don't know women who are abused at the hands of black men? No. I can see so many positive examples and negative examples. The same goes with black women, by the way.

Addressing these concerns, which are already highlighted in this thread in the original post, didn't mean that every single black man is a ? . it doesn't mean that every single black man in **my** life is a ? . I don't have any black men in my life that I interact with that I think are these problematic black men. (Not to say I don't know homophobic black men that I love, I do.) But harmful black men? No. But I've seen it in my friend's men, I've seen it in exes. I've seen it in just regular interactions with how black men have approached me.

Why is it so hard for y'all to say that there are ain't ? black men And that it starts there? I'm sure you have hung out with some ain't ? ? you haven't ever checked about how he treats the women in his life. You don't do that. That is the problem. It doesn't have to be just you it doesn't only have to be you. You know these men exist. Stop acting like you don't know what we are talking about, because you do.

i dont know bout you.....but all my homies get checked for fukkery.

most guys do. or should.

its when the woman aint caring herself like a woman is when most dude hesitate to check a dude cuz they understand the situation.

sometimes we all need to do a self evaluation...be honest about the ? you do, with yourself.

too many people thinking they can keep moving forward an never have to look back or apologize for anything.

its alot of influences that alot of people fall for.

thinking thats the life for me.
  • Westie
    Options
    Btw, thinking that the reward for a man being a good human being, should be ? , is a misogynistic problem in itself.
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blacktux wrote: »
    gorilla wrote: »
    I'm sick of this "but but but black women get treated the worst" ? . It divides us as a people and usually generates from man hating ? or ? ass dudes raised by man hating ? .

I don't know any black man that would argue that our sisters don't have it as hard as us, we in this ? together. However we are attacked on different fronts, in different ways. The only thing we should be doing is trying to build together instead of trying to make enemies out of each other. The problem is there's a large segment of our sisters who want attention and control. So they make us out to be on par with the white man's evilness.
    Lmfao
    ironic. Post is ironic.

Doesn't make it any less true. And I'll say the same thing about black men who hate black women simply out of their experiences with the bad ones they've chosen. It goes both way but here we're talking about the monster we are being made out to be by our own community.

yes or no - are there black men who are monsters?

Of course. But are all or even the vast majority? This article seems to try and insinuate that.

okay I didn't interpret that. My whole point is there are many black men Who don't give a ? about issues that are concerning black women, ? black people, trans black people. Anything that doesn't fit into their straight male box. A lot like white people. That's all I'm saying. that doesn't mean that it's all black men or most black men or half of black men their means that there is a population that doesn't really give a ? about the rest of black people.

So if it's not all, most or even half then why is this being constantly pushed?

blk women have to take a look in the mirror as well

that said, yes, not all blk men are misogynistic or sexist or violent woman beaters ...that is not the argument

the issue is when we try to speak on misogyny and issues that impact blk women specifically , our concerns are met with push back or dismissed or we are met with silence

primarily silence

for example, i rarely have observed blk men speak out against the misogyny within our society or even within their own circle

but there is an argument to be made that while you may not be misogynistic " allowing our cousins and brothers and co-workers and friends to use misogynistic language propagates that culture of danger for blk women."

Misogyny is a male issue, not a black male issue. And the fact that you and your gang keep trying to make it out to be one; and only hold black men accountable for it in context, is honestly frustrating to deal with.

Its easier to just dismiss it and keep it moving.

Nobody said that. Of course it's a male issue. Furthermore, alllll this ? stems from white supremacy. But we're here now, so why is it a problem to discuss black issues with black men?

Because its not a black male issue, its a male issue.

Its like you subconsciously feel that females of other races arent dealing with the same misogyny.

And it the line of thought goes right along with that ? /? supporting/swirl ? that all of these feminist are on recently. You directly tear at black masculinity but expect love at the same time.

Oh so you think in society white and black women get treated the same? Are you kidding me?

Are black women more oppressed by black men or white men.

I hate to repeat myself but its like yall are saying other men would/will/are treating black women better than black men are.

If misogyny is a male issue, then keep it there and deal with it. Dont isolate black men and make it seem like we started the ? or exhibit the most extreme version of it.

Black men are not the problem, the oppression of women is.
    That's not what I'm saying at all. why is that your reflex to think that we are saying white men are better? I'm saying every race treats black women like ? . The race closest to us, the black race, has a whole host of problems that a lot of black men refuse to even acknowledge. so... Since we get it from all areas of life what is the problem with asking black men to acknowledge that how we're treated is ? , and to take the steps that they can to not treat us as ? , like the rest of the world?

Black men get treated ? too though. We are in this ? together and shouldn't be trying to one up eachother in the oppression olympics.

Black women have to deal with racism on top of sexism, but i would say the RACISM is more to blame for the conditioning and position; otherwise yall would be treated like white women...who still are oppressed but its not even the same league.

Black women like yourself need to understand something and make a choice. Yall want to fight sexism first or racism first? Because whatever choice you make out of the two; you have chosen your ally. But if you fight them BOTH at the same time, you have NO ally because no other people deal with oppression on the level black women do.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @7figz

Wtf

Do some actual reading

Cuz....

MFs talked about "ain't ? " Black men on here every ? damn week for at least 2 years.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Btw, thinking that the reward for a man being a good human being, should be ? , is a misogynistic problem in itself.

but the reward for a woman being a good human being is free dinners/free trips/free clothes etc etc.....so you cant come up off some ass?

thats an entitlement problem
  • Westie
    Options
    @7figz

Wtf

Do some actual reading

i dont know bout you.....but all my homies get checked for fukkery.

most guys do. or should.

its when the woman aint caring herself like a woman is when most dude hesitate to check a dude cuz they understand the situation.

sometimes we all need to do a self evaluation...be honest about the ? you do, with yourself.

too many people thinking they can keep moving forward an never have to look back or apologize for anything.

its alot of influences that alot of people fall for.

thinking thats the life for me.

I agree with you 100% it does start with yourself it does start with the things you do. That being said, if you do what you can personally why are you offended by this?
  • Westie
    Options

but the reward for a woman being a good human being is free dinners/free trips/free clothes etc etc.....so you cant come up off some ass?

thats an entitlement problem

Let me know what this has to do with the thread? Link it for me cuz I'm not understanding
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    I'm sick of this "but but but black women get treated the worst" ? . It divides us as a people and usually generates from man hating ? or ? ass dudes raised by man hating ? .

I don't know any black man that would argue that our sisters don't have it as hard as us, we in this ? together. However we are attacked on different fronts, in different ways. The only thing we should be doing is trying to build together instead of trying to make enemies out of each other. The problem is there's a large segment of our sisters who want attention and control. So they make us out to be on par with the white man's evilness.
    Lmfao
    ironic. Post is ironic.

Doesn't make it any less true. And I'll say the same thing about black men who hate black women simply out of their experiences with the bad ones they've chosen. It goes both way but here we're talking about the monster we are being made out to be by our own community.

Of course. But are all or even the vast majority? This article seems to try and insinuate that.

okay I didn't interpret that. My whole point is there are many black men Who don't give a ? about issues that are concerning black women, ? black people, trans black people. Anything that doesn't fit into their straight male box. A lot like white people. That's all I'm saying. that doesn't mean that it's all black men or most black men or half of black men their means that there is a population that doesn't really give a ? about the rest of black people.

that said, yes, not all blk men are misogynistic or sexist or violent woman beaters ...that is not the argument

the issue is when we try to speak on misogyny and issues that impact blk women specifically , our concerns are met with push back or dismissed or we are met with silence

primarily silence

for example, i rarely have observed blk men speak out against the misogyny within our society or even within their own circle

but there is an argument to be made that while you may not be misogynistic " allowing our cousins and brothers and co-workers and friends to use misogynistic language propagates that culture of danger for blk women."

Misogyny is a male issue, not a black male issue. And the fact that you and your gang keep trying to make it out to be one; and only hold black men accountable for it in context, is honestly frustrating to deal with.

Nobody said that. Of course it's a male issue. Furthermore, alllll this ? stems from white supremacy. But we're here now, so why is it a problem to discuss black issues with black men?

Its like you subconsciously feel that females of other races arent dealing with the same misogyny.

And it the line of thought goes right along with that ? /? supporting/swirl ? that all of these feminist are on recently. You directly tear at black masculinity but expect love at the same time.

Oh so you think in society white and black women get treated the same? Are you kidding me?

I hate to repeat myself but its like yall are saying other men would/will/are treating black women better than black men are.

If misogyny is a male issue, then keep it there and deal with it. Dont isolate black men and make it seem like we started the ? or exhibit the most extreme version of it.

That's not what I'm saying at all. why is that your reflex to think that we are saying white men are better? I'm saying every race treats black women like ? . The race closest to us, the black race, has a whole host of problems that a lot of black men refuse to even acknowledge. so... Since we get it from all areas of life what is the problem with asking black men to acknowledge that how we're treated is ? , and to take the steps that they can to not treat us as ? , like the rest of the world?

Black men get treated ? too though. We are in this ? together and shouldn't be trying to one up eachother in the oppression olympics.

Black women have to deal with racism on top of sexism, but i would say the RACISM is more to blame for the conditioning and position; otherwise yall would be treated like white women...who still are oppressed but its not even the same league.

Black women like yourself need to understand something and make a choice. Yall want to fight sexism first or racism first? Because whatever choice you make out of the two; you have chosen your ally. But if you fight them BOTH at the same time, you have NO ally because no other people deal with oppression on the level black women do.

but once the women get into a position of power.......what will her first move be?
    tackle racism and the cracks who do it
    or check her man at home?
  • Westie
    Options
    @7figz

Wtf

Do some actual reading

Cuz....

MFs talked about "ain't ? " Black men on here every ? damn week for at least 2 years.

okay love
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Madame_CJSkywalker Members Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @7figz

Wtf

Do some actual reading

If you and Westie have so much problems with Black men, make a thread on it and be clear about what you're accusing us of and who you're accusing and maybe you'll get an applicable response.

Hahaha

What do u mean by actual evidence

Quotes and first hand witness accounts of sexism during the civil rights era mean nothing now? Essays with citations?

Smh... With that attitude ill never be able to provide u with proof lol

As far as staying on topic in this particular thread, think ive done that so far

Few suggestions I've posted

"WHAT MEN CAN DO TO END VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN

Be aware.

-Words are very powerful, especially when spoken by people with power over others. We live in a society in which words are often used to put women down, where calling a girl or woman a “? ,” “freak,” “? ,” “baby,” is common. Such language sends a message that females are less than fully human. When we see women as inferior, it becomes easier to treat them with less respect, disregard their rights, and ignore their well-being.

-Don’t fund sexism, misogyny. Refuse to purchase any magazine, rent any video, subscribe to any Web site, or buy any music that portrays girls or women in a sexually degrading or abusive manner. Protest sexism/misogyny in the media."

web.stanford.edu/group/maan/cgi-bin/?page_id=85

-Speak out

-Check your peers

-Support womens causes. By doing things like voting and or attending womens rallies

-Stop being dismissive. Meaning stop telling how to feel or that they are overreacting

And like said numerous times before both men and women have to do their part

But yea if you feel the aformentioned is ? ...cool...we have nothing left to discuss
  • Westie
    Options

Lmfao
    ironic. Post is ironic.

primarily silence

do you not understand how ? up that is? I'm not supposed to be talking to somebody who's on my side about the way they are treating me? Figuratively speaking of course. So it's okay for me to be beaten and ? But not called a ? , and I'm supposed to choose between that?
  • 7figz
    edited September 2017
    Options

What?

Where did u get that from????

You talk about this historical sexism (ex. during the civil rights movement) like if Black men were the ones saying women were less than a man, and shouldn't work, vote and all that ? . No, that ? was not us - we were busy being oppressed along with yall. That was the white man's philosophy.

I know I damn sure never had that belief. Neither did my father, or grandfather, or Uncles or any man in my family that I could think of - believe that a woman was less than a man and shouldn't work and all that ? .

What?

So black men have never been and aren't sexist? ?

There was sexism within the civil rights movement and within blk organizations like Southern Christian Leadership Conference (SCLC) who organized many of the protests during that time

Based off the experiences of women Dorothy Height, Ella Baker and other accounts

Again read: www.google.com/amp/www.theroot.com/dorothy-height-and-the-sexism-of-the-civil-rights-movem-1790879502/amp

Though he did great things and his views were constantly evolving, Mlk jr had sexist views. He believed women best served as secretaries and or in the kitchen.

An Anna Holmes column takes a look at Martin Luther King, Jr.’s relatively short-lived stint as an advice columnist for Ebony.

The results are a powerful reminder that the past was a very different place:

King’s response to a cheated-on wife was to suggest that she “study” her rival to learn what her husband wanted in a woman. (“Are you careful with your grooming? Do you nag?” he asked.) He informed an unmarried woman grappling with whether to have sex that “real men still respect purity and virginity” and instructed an abused wife to determine whether there was anything within her personality to justify such treatment. “Are you sure that you have a radiating personality, a pleasant disposition, and that feminine charm which every man admires?” he asked a Miss Lonelyhearts. To a newlywed having troubles with her mother-in-law, he remarked, “There is an expression that no home is big enough to have two women at its head.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thinkprogress.org/martin-luther-king-jr-s-advice-to-the-ladies-ac82e809b8c5/amp/

But yes the sexism that was present in the Civil Rights Movement and blk community was a continuation of oppressive mentality that existed in the larger american culture

No, you act like a few sexist Black men equals "Black men were sexist".

And I read that as one article without supporting evidence. To imply that all the Black men in the civil rights movement were against the Black women in the civil rights movement smells of pure ? . You'd have to really prove that, not one article from the questionable ass "root.com".

Like I said, of course sexist Black men existed - just as women did, the minority, but that's what you want to focus on. One can only wonder why.

But I'm the one moving the goal post lol

I'll play though

I posted two articles ...one was not from the root

And featured words authored by mlk jr

I can post more (:

http://cds.library.brown.edu/projects/FreedomNow/tiffany_joseph_thesis.html

https://www.shmoop.com/civil-rights-black-power/gender.html

http://www.newsworks.org/index.php/local/essayworks/77522-the-invisible-women-of-the-civil-rights-movement

https://www.loc.gov/collections/civil-rights-history-project/articles-and-essays/women-in-the-civil-rights-movement/

Never said ALL blk men were sexist just that it was and has been a problem in our community ...and it is a bigger problem than you are suggesting ...

I'll try to get to this ? at some point and I hope it has actual verifiable references to whatever accusations are made and not just a bunch of opinion pieces.

The point remains how you seem to be blaming any Black man at will for this ? , including accusing us of ignoring some ? or being part of a problem.

Where's the examples of Black men (today) being sexist / misogynistic and dudes on here supporting it ? Start there.

Otherwise, you're talking other Black men ... and other Black men's reactions, which is why I say make a thread, get reactions and discuss it with the applicable people.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    @7figz

Wtf

Do some actual reading

If you and Westie have so much problems with Black men, make a thread on it and be clear about what you're accusing us of and who you're accusing and maybe you'll get an applicable response.

Hahaha

Quotes and first hand witness accounts of sexism during the civil rights era mean nothing now? Essays with citations?

As far as staying on topic in this particular thread, think ive done that so far

Be aware.

-Words are very powerful, especially when spoken by people with power over others. We live in a society in which words are often used to put women down, where calling a girl or woman a “? ,” “freak,” “? ,” “baby,” is common. Such language sends a message that females are less than fully human. When we see women as inferior, it becomes easier to treat them with less respect, disregard their rights, and ignore their well-being.

-Don’t fund sexism, misogyny. Refuse to purchase any magazine, rent any video, subscribe to any Web site, or buy any music that portrays girls or women in a sexually degrading or abusive manner. Protest sexism/misogyny in the media."

-Speak out

-Check your peers

-Support womens causes. By doing things like voting and or attending womens rallies

-Stop being dismissive. Meaning stop telling how to feel or that they are overreacting

But yea if you feel the aformentioned is ? ...cool...we have nothing left to discuss

why dont yall think this already happens tho?
  • 7figz
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @7figz

Wtf

Do some actual reading

Cuz....

okay love

I'm lying ?

My search for "ain't ? ? " just yielded 156 results - and dates back to 2010.

http://community.allhiphop.com/search?Search="ain't+? +? %22
  • Westie
    Options
    @7figz

Wtf

Do some actual reading

Cuz....

okay love

I'm lying ?

My search just now for "ain't ? ? " just yielded 156 results - and dates back to 2010.

http://community.allhiphop.com/search?Search="ain't+? +? %22

I just figured you didn't want to talk about black men who aint ? so that was just saying okay. I won't talk about it with you. That's all.
  • blacktux
    Options

The whole reason men progress/compete boils down to ? . If thats misogyny to you then ? it.

Thats nature.
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    ? when does my new found black (white) privilege kick in fv9sufxadpq1.png

29ey153k7dmf.gif
  • blacktux
    Options

Lmfao
    ironic. Post is ironic.

primarily silence

do you not understand how ? up that is? I'm not supposed to be talking to somebody who's on my side about the way they are treating me? Figuratively speaking of course. So it's okay for me to be beaten and ? But not called a ? , and I'm supposed to choose between that?

No matter how ? up it is, life isnt fair and we all have choices to make. A focused attack is better than an unfocused attack. As long as yall are torn between which force is more oppressive; you are slowing down your own liberation.

If you are more focused on racism, then the black man is your friend in the fight.
    If you are more focused on sexism, then he is not.

Dont go marching with those white women and come run back home looking for a friend when that white man snatch both of yall heads up.
  • 7figz
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @7figz

Wtf

Do some actual reading

Hahaha

Be aware.

-Speak out

-Check your peers

Actual evidence - like a transcript, video, quote from a book, etc... of the Black man on some sexist ? as opposed to just the author of the link writing that it happened.

Onto your suggestions:

- Yes, words are powerful. And how many men have you heard complain about rap lyrics using the words ? and ? ? I don't personally use the word to refer to every woman or think that it's cool to do so, but to ignore the fact that some women are ? and ? 's is unrealistic. I'd say that is doing my part. But I guess the expectation is supposed to be that no women at all should be called a name - even "baby" ? GTFOH. And not agreeing with that ? does not equal sexism / misogyny. It equals a difference of opinion.

- Not funding anything that someone with an over-arching definition of sexism / misogyny is also unreasonable. If we don't agree on the definition, then how do we get to that point ?

- Speak out. Most of us do. It seems like a lot of women are unwilling to speak out against other women doing foul ? .

- Check your peers ? I'd say check the people you can check, other than that it's just a matter of discussion. I can raise my son not to treat women like ? , but I'll also tell him not to put them on a pedestal. I'm not responsible for what another MF says - like I said, chick might just really be a ? . Or the dude might be out of line, all somebody else could do is give an opinion - and it's not their obligation to do so either.

.... the rest of it sounds like you think "disagreeing" with any "woman's cause" is the problem. Some ? people are going to agree with, and some they aren't. Some men will support some of the causes and some of the causes they won't agree with. That's just real ? . I'm sure there are a number of women's causes that Black men agree with. It's not an all or none situation. Just like I'm damn sure you won't agree with everything that's a so-called "man's cause".
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

No but we are expected to be abuse victims who show no symptoms....? victims who grow up to be outgoing people who you would never be able to tell were ? , Tuskegee airmen who were given syphilis and untreated but show no signs of it....

Was sexism a issue prior to America?? Because that’s the state we are trying to get back to and fixing sexism within the black community will not bring about liberation...neither will the reconstruction of “toxic masculinity”

We are all abused and the problem comes when no one addresses it. Black women are abused and we address it because we can be abused at the hands of black men. It happens. Having it acknowledged is something. That's a step. The abuse of black men is also a problem and it should be acknowledged as well. I don't know why we continue to that talk at each other and act like there are no valid points. Everybody needs to heal and it's ? up.

Is it so bad to acknowledge our pain? We're here now. We know the problems NOW. This ? needs to start somewhere.
    No but when your pain supersedes the whole liberation and or movement then that is where the problem begins...and at this point black people cant talk and chew gum we gotta go with one or the other....
    Why are we bringing up women’s rights/issues when y’all and we have issues being black first??

And if it’s a byproduct of white supremacy why not attack that?? And the other symptoms would go away right???? You get rid of a cold and the mucus and congestion symptoms leave.....in fact we are treating the symptoms instead of the virus....we wait until we have a runny nose and treat the runny nose instead of the infection...

That’s the exact same thing as lbgqt rights/lives being brought up during black lives matters issues

We have issues being black and people want to bring up points of contention about being a women , ? , poor, nationality, religion....

That too me says black women are ok with white supremacy....they just want their treatment to change a little bit....? people are ok with white supremacy....they just want their social acceptance a little bit....

Misogyny, sexism arent byproducts of white supremacy

If all white ppl were to just up and vanish tomorrow, is the use of the word '? ' and 'hoe' to describe women going to stop? Will the sexual exploitation and objectification of women cease? What about domestic violence? Are ppl going to stop expecting everyone to subscribe to gender roles? No

Misogyny, sexism in our homes and outside our communities, however, do work hand and hand white supremacy to subjugate both blk men and women

So, figuratively speaking, how can we as a ppl do better when one of our arms is pinned down?
    So misogyny and sexism was prevalent prior to our arrival to the americas?? The percentage of groups who practice of misogyny and sexism was over 50%?

I can’t say it will vanish , but the use of the word ? and how wouldn’t he as prevalent because we would then control our own narrative....look at hip hop, before Jews came in and started handing out checks , those words weren’t celebrated like they are today, blackplotation movies as well......but the real question is if white people vanished would y’all stop calling y’all homegirls ? and hoe ? Will y’all stop being complicit in this sexual exploitation for personal benefit of yourself?? Would you stop choosing and procreating and raising the same ? y’all complain about? Are women going to stop ridiculing men who don’t provide for their families?? Will men be given the same paternity leave as women get maternity leave?? I think you should reconsider your stance on gender roles

And I like your analogy, but I look at it as we can do better when we realize it isn’t one of our hands tied down, but both of our hands tied together behind our backs...so we can ...once we get a tool, use one hand to cut the other loose, and then free the other hand....but looking at it as one hand is tied down and the other hand is free and isn’t even worrying about the other hand is problematic
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Why are we bringing up women’s rights/issues when y’all and we have issues being black first??

And if it’s a byproduct of white supremacy why not attack that?? And the other symptoms would go away right???? You get rid of a cold and the mucus and congestion symptoms leave.....in fact we are treating the symptoms instead of the virus....we wait until we have a runny nose and treat the runny nose instead of the infection...

That’s the exact same thing as lbgqt rights/lives being brought up during black lives matters issues

We have issues being black and people want to bring up points of contention about being a women , ? , poor, nationality, religion....

That too me says black women are ok with white supremacy....they just want their treatment to change a little bit....? people are ok with white supremacy....they just want their social acceptance a little bit....

You say this as if the issues that come with being both black and a woman can't be addressed at the same time. I damn sure don't agree with every issue women raise and I think the article definitely has holes that ? its argument...but this idea that a person has to pick between the things they identify as is silly.
  • Westie
    Options
    So now yall gotta pick between being a man and black? Anything to not have to acknowledge black women's pain. Smfh