IC Stop Making Excuses and Let's Get Healthy Thread

Options

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hey guys I did my first ever pull up in my life today. 4 times!
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    I probably could have done a couple more but I didn't want to make the other people at the gym feel like a bunch of sissies.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Black_Samson i dont have a pec deck. im in the basement and im still recovering from an acl injury. just about a month after surgery. is their anything else you have? i have dumbbells in the basement but the largest weight i have is 35lbs. im asking cause ive been looking all on the net and see mad ? but i need a definite to get my chest right and looking nice again. i only have one leg. so bodyweight might be the only thing for me right now
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Get you some dip bars. They're inexpensive.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    make you some parallettes out of PVC...i have a set and they are terrific

stop making excuses
  • ineedpussy
    Options
    i aint making excuses. i got a replaced acl. i aint even a month in from surgery. i was lifting and all that ? till the accident happened. and @AP21 pvc doesnt seem to be strong enough to hold my weight. plus i cant bend my leg or straighten it out all the way. ill just buy some dip bars. problem solved.
  • AP21
    Options
    ineedpussy wrote: »
    i aint making excuses. i got a replaced acl. i aint even a month in from surgery. i was lifting and all that ? till the accident happened. and @AP21 pvc doesnt seem to be strong enough to hold my weight. plus i cant bend my leg or straighten it out all the way. ill just buy some dip bars. problem solved.

how much you weigh?

ive been as heavy as 205 and im 6'1...idk mayne
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Had a pull up challenge a few years ago at my ex bro in law bootcamp. It was awful. Took me a few weeks to finish but I did it. 100 of them
  • ineedpussy
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »

how much you weigh?

5'9" 215
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My workouts have never been so good I go hard as ? these days, the only problem is I don't stick to doing it everyday because my sleep pattern is ? so energy can run low most days but I will be working on this, also been trying to stop counting my reps and just going until failure but it's not easy to stop counting.
  • AP21
    Options

how much you weigh?

5'9" 215

brah...some 3" pvc pipe can handle that weight man
  • ineedpussy
    Options

how much you weigh?

5'9" 215

brah...some 3" pvc pipe can handle that weight man
    got you bruh
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    What's a healthy option for staying awake long periods? A natural supplement or some ? .

Yeyo
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Being in shape is the GOAT. Amazing how far you can advance over the years without hiring a trainer
  • wmj710
    wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Either did these deadlifts really really good, and am just sore or tweaked my back. Was using pretty light weight so I think I'm just sore.
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have a new found love for deadlifts and squats
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Mastery
    Options
    wmj710 wrote: »
    Either did these deadlifts really really good, and am just sore or tweaked my back. Was using pretty light weight so I think I'm just sore.

Same here.

vojsd1bgbb61.gif
  • wmj710
    wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Same here.

Think I'm good to go. Lower back feels close to normal today.
  • Mastery
    Options
    @Black_Samson

Have you competed in any competitions lately?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    I just drank a Large SF Caramel Latte made with Heavy Whipping Cream instead of milk, with an extra shot of espresso. My body is turning all of that fat into raw energy so i can proceed to kick the days ass.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Somebody help me out here. Not exactly sure what I did but I got this sharp pain in my shoulder but the thing is it only hurts when I lift. ? been like that for a month, will take a few days off, still there. Will only hurt when I'm doing shoulder exercises also.
  • ineedpussy
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    Somebody help me out here. Not exactly sure what I did but I got this sharp pain in my shoulder but the thing is it only hurts when I lift. ? been like that for a month, will take a few days off, still there. Will only hurt when I'm doing shoulder exercises also.

probably your form @Stew