2017 NBA Off Season Thread: Draft & Free Agency & Summer League

Options

Comments

• BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great ball movement and skinny smart is splashing 3's if he has that in his arsenal we're in great shape
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    Celtics 2nd unit as weak as i expected....

giphy.gif

Yea one lineup in the 2nd quarter of the first preseason game is a real telling tale.....
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Prisoner of the moment brigade already in full effect
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tommy changed his ranking of Miami based on 3 quarters of preseason basketball so everything is fair game lol
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Tommy changed his ranking of Miami based on 3 quarters of preseason basketball so everything is fair game lol

We got 11 new players and their not even all there, y'all are basically the same team with Olynyk
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Morris twins on trial
  • Beta
    edited October 2017
    Options

We got 11 new players and their not even all there, y'all are basically the same team with Olynyk

Olynck and bam added and waiters missing 36 games last season and Winslow out or injured for majority of the season

All I'm saying is, anybody saying anything after less than a preseason game is questionable

That being said, Brandon Ingram sucks
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn..this nig Baynes n Hayward are pasty white.!! ? they look funny.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    AZTG wrote: »
    iron man1 wrote: »
    No words on Cool Beas lol but I am excited to see how the young guys look tomorrow with no constant triangle ? being enforced. Jeff wants them to play more up tempo and let them run more this year. We have a fre shooters and he said he wants them taking more 3s if they're open to follow more of the modern game. I saw a few Euro games so I'm very curious to see how KP, Hernangomez, and Kuz look after that experience. Finally get to see Frank against nba athleticism and see how he defends against them.

Cant wait man. Most exciting season in a while. I just hope Frank shows flashes and is not a wasted pick. If Frank can be good enough to be a good starting pg in a few years, and we get a high lottery pick again this year, we gonna be ok in a few years.

All that depends on Frank though. Hope hes not a wasted pick cause Phil thought he would fit in the triangle though.

Frank is confident in himself that he can roll with any system and he's been playing with the starters already. I see no reason why he shouldn't start let him get his feet wet and show what he can do.

I heard Hornacek say they dont wanna rush him. Kid is only 19. They said the same about KP though, so its all about what he can do on the court. I dont want to rush him either, but to me optimally he should start by mid season.

Hornacek said they really liked what they were seeing in him though. Dude is a genetic freak, atheletic 6'5 pg with a 7 foot wing span. If nothing else he will become a elite defender.

Hornacek was also very optimistic about Hernangomez. Crazy that Hernan was never billed as anything other than a good back up Center but hes shown potential to be a good starting 5. Hornacek said he was reminding the coach of a young Marc Gasol early in training camp. Thats alot of pressure to put on a kid and im not expecting that but I also think hes gonna be the most improved Knick this year cause he has so much room to grow.

As long as Hornacek shows hes a good coach and the front office keeps him around to build continuity, and the front office keeps the youth movement going and has another high pick next year, im optimistic about the Knicks in a few years.

As a Knicks fan I havent been able to say that in a long time.
  • Beta
    Options
    I wanna see some malik monk man...
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aron Baynes already a fan favorite, lmao....
  • Beta
    Options
    Just realized the Celtics never did anything about rebounding

Wonder who even leads them in that
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just realized the Celtics never did anything about rebounding

Wonder who even leads them in that

Horford will, but it will be on the low end just like last season.
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
    Lavar Ball is pulling Lamelo out of Highschool and plans on home schooling/training him for the next 2 years.
  • MillzOG
    Options
    I'm assuming since he has them BBB signature kicks, that's gonna make him ineligible for the NCAA so he may ? around and go to China for a year after finish Highschool through homeschooling.
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I really hope the G league will be taken more seriously really soon
  • Beta
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Ranking the worst to best teams this year as far as entertainment

30. Indiana Pacers

Has a single person mentioned the Pacers in the past four months in any context other than, "That's all they got for Paul George????" Do they exist? Did you know they signed Bojan Bogdanovic, and there is a real chance he leads them in scoring? It's true!

This team had zero identity with Paul George -- no style, no bedrock philosophy -- and now George has turned into Victor Oladipo and Domantas Sabonis. Opponents outscored Indy by almost seven points per 100 possessions with George on the bench last season. They were nothing without him. Not even the comedy of Lance Stephenson barking orders, dribbling to nowhere, and trash-talking LeBron like it's 2014 could keep them from the cellar.

Myles Turner is a future star on both ends, and he should get a chance to stretch himself with George gone. He will shoot more 3s, and he sniffed averaging one steal and two blocks per game last season -- relatively lofty territory for a big man. (Hakeem Olajuwon pulled this in 15 separate seasons. Hakeem Olajuwon was freaking ridiculous.)

A slimmed-down Al Jefferson might son fools with low-post fakery again. The viewing experience is pleasant, though your mileage may vary on Quinn Buckner's nonstop patter. The new Nike uniforms, with the team name forming a circle around the jersey number, have an old-school minimalist vibe befitting the Hoosier state ethos that elevates the game above the noise. (The softer blue-on-yellow version, which includes no white or highlighting, reminds of those all-gray uniforms Kevin Arnold and Paul Pfeiffer wore to gym class.)

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20849806/zach-lowe-2017-18-nba-league-pass-rankings-part-1
  • MillzOG
    Options
    I'm excited to see Myles Turner this year, he can ball and he's a great defender. He gets left out all the time when ? talk about the young big men with potential and young players with potential in general
  • NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Oh ? ......
  • Beta
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Shoutout to the GOAT for dropping 19 points off the bench

Glad hes back in the league... :3
  • Beta