Reason Interview: CapitalB aka BOSSExcellence aka BossBoo

Options
5th Letter
5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
5th Letter- Where are you from?

CapitalB- Born & Raised in Los Angeles California.. Vegas paid tho.

5th Letter- What's it like growing up in LA?

CapitalB- LA was fun man.. iv never hid and stated many times on the board about my mother having me at 15.. and even though I was her oldest I was the youngest in a pretty big family.. I was the baby. my great grandmothers' first child first grandchild.. looking back in a weird sense I felt like I grew up in royalty. I was born in 82.. same yr ? hit LA.. so it was a lot of ? going on in the streets and my family was at the heart of it for the most part. Father's side of the family as well even more so.. especially gang related.. think of it like when Simba walked around and everyone knew that was Mufasa's son. thats how it was wit me.. I was the kid that couldn't be touched. I grew up wit a lot of my mothers younger cousins who looked up to her my pops and uncles so I had a sense of invulnerability.. more on that later..

but growing up was fun.. I grew up fast. I ran the streets.. I always liked girls.. and I always had a hustle.. I can remember far back as elementary drawing Transformers and Bart Simpson for quarters so I can buy 50/50 bars after school.. oh yeh.. I went to private school for majority of my elementary years.. Jr High was a lil different.. I went to school outside of my district cause of how bad the city was.. these kids aint know me and could give two ? who my people was.. they forced me to use all the ? I learned growing up to that point to defend myself.. surprisingly tho it was fairly easy.. u gotta think.. for a kid growing up wit cousins 5-10yrs older than him and bein roughed up in the house ? my age didn't stand a chance.. also what made it worse is because I couldn't beat up my cousins I learned to talk ? .. id talk ? and run to my momma or something.. so by Jr High I was proficient in whooping a ? ass and talking ? while doing it. lmmfao. by high school I was off the chain.. moms was none the wiser tho.. she was very strict in trying to keep me out of the gangs my family was from.. so much so I had to learn to become two different people.. the perfect son at home and the hell raiser in the hood.. again I am attending a school outside my district so word never got back to her the ? I was getting into.. by the end of Jr High and beginning of high school tho I'm heavy in the streets.. we all know about Crenshaw.. my young ass was there.. riding in my cousin's and uncle's lowrider.. ? they girlfriends homegirl.. drinking St Ides special brew.. licking ? in dice.. so on and so forth..

looking back ? was a party.. but wasn't.. bein apart of a family like that was a gift and curse.. all the above was the gift.. the curse was me having to watch all my relatives go.. majority of them got killed a handful went to jail... some still there to this day.. my first serious death was a cousin that was younger than me on my step pops side.. I was 13 and he was 12 and we was close.. he had a heart condition tho. next up was my father when I was 15.. I changed a lot after his passing.. especially after getting close to his side of the family and getting a complete understanding for who I was..

a lot of my jr high and high school yrs I was busy trying to be like my cousins and who I thought my father was.. id hear stories.. some of which embellished but my ? would go and do some ? to have my own but better story. lol & smh. in the hood bein an artist was unheard of.. I liked to cook and wanted to go to culinary school.. "? please!" I was naturally talented in sports but that was never where my heart was plus I was so bad in school no college would even look at me.. so there I was getting money and having ? . lmmfao fresh out of high school I got my rude awakening.. my closest cousin.. basically my big brother.. he was a yr older than me got gunned down.. he grew up like I did and like me had that same air of invincibility.. he didn't have the same protection tho.. and him getting killed humbled the ? out of me. not to go into details but it wasn't jus because he died but the politics behind it.. it turned me off to the streets totally but only for the moment.. maybe more on that later.. but yeh.. that was me growing up. the smart kid who had to grow up fast to keep up with his relatives..

Comments

• Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    Dope interview and poster.

Lmao at the the story of your cousin throwing the missy CD out the window
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In for LESBIANS!!!

BOSS be havin a ? rollin on here
  • englishdude
    englishdude Members Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dope interview first one that was decent for all the right reasons, not just because it was a ? poster that made it funny.
  • kingtob330
    kingtob330 Members Posts: 418 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    5th Letter- How did you discover the IC?

CapitalB- i use to come to allhiphop for the rumors and ? on the first page.. i use to post a lil on another site.. hiphopdx or some ? i forget.. this was like 10yrs ago.. iunno what happened maybe boredom but i clicked on the IC and was jus seein what the ? was goin on.. forget the exact title and think the poster name was hellraiser or some ? but it was a thread about how ? were lame for givin game to ? .. female relatives included.. well seein as who i am its easy to see why i took offense so i signed up signed on and went at the dude.. back then the IC was cliq'd up so i found myself takin on 4 or 5 posters cause i was tearin his ass up.. that ? probably lasted a day or two and then i jus started bein on the boards more often cause people didnt know me here so i knew theyd engage me.. people who knew me on other platforms jus steered clear. hahaha my first few yrs on here was a ? warzone.. now its jus a few ? here and there. but u get a familiarity wit the posters.. majority of whom are cool as ? .. me bein a street ? aint too many that can keep up wit me or challenge me intellectually and i found alot of that here so i stuck around.. back then we had mornin crew and night shift.. i usually kicked it during the night and shot the ? wit the real ? on the boards and then wake up early and catch the mornin crew and talk some ? ? jus to ? them off and get them goin. hahaha the IC is the ? man.. ? dont understand. i be in my ohone crackin up and they jus be like "ic!!?" i be like yeh.. cause aint no explainin this ? ... jus hang on for ride and watch out for certain posters. lmmfao
    its way more tame now tho..

5th Letter- How long have you been on the IC?

CapitalB- at least 9yrs i wanna say.. dont remember the specific yr.. i can remember exactly where i was at in some of my run ins and that was over 9yrs ago.. i spent all of my mid 20s up to now in my mid 30s in this muthafucka. crazy when u think about it.. i grew up alot in life in that time.. im sure its reflected on the board as well... but yeh..
    that ? is crazy i gave this ? damn near 10yrs of my life! lmmfao

5th Letter- What are some of your earliest memories of the IC?

CapitalB- ? .. me arguin! hahahaha the exposures.. especially the Cali exposure cause i use to get into it wit that ? all the time and to find out she was poppin her ? for 13cent gave me life! hahaha i remember KTULU or whatever the cat name was and a few others.. i was shocked to realize everyone wasnt religious and shared some of my same thoughts and ideas.. it use to be religious wars up in this ? .. we converted a few and got them away from that ? ass ? Jesus. lmmfao umm the Fashion Forum use to pop.. we use to be up in that thang postin fits and jus shootin the ? .. iunno.. its really a blur.. i cant think of early experiences cause its an experience in totality to me.. i hear alot of people complain the IC aint what it use to be.. its jus the IC to me.. i guess to some this is they reality.. to me its my escape.. so i dont take it as serious and jus take it for what it is that day..

5th Letter- Why you get at Du like that bruh?

CapitalB- lol that wasnt on me.. that was on Du.. like i said earlier.. the IC was cliq'd up back then and i dont be simpin these ? .. i think i was goin at it wit either Cali or maybe Kimmi and here come this ? .. i think it got out what i did because of him?? anyways.. id log on and that ? would jus ? wit me.. id talk my ? back and once it was out about me him and his crew was tryin to assassinate my character off of ? u see on tv.. but the thing was at the time i aint know about dude like that.. so i was jus attacking his logic and defending my person... i was never checkin for dude like that.. next thing i know im in a thread and the ? was explainin himself to another poster.. i jus sat back and took note.. the worst thing a ? can do is let me get info on him and its over.. from then on whenever he came at me id get his ass and his crew would come to his aide..

the funny ? is when that whole Du day massacre ? happened i wasnt sayin ? i wasnt already sayin before.. ? jus chose to ignore.. i guess Du was feelin himself a lil too much and the IC turned on him..
    iv said worse and been waaaaay more disrespectful to that ? before that.. it was jus now ? was jumpin to his defense and wasnt actin like they didnt read my post.. i will like to say tho we cool now.. we had a lil chat and hashed the ? out.. turned out as i suspected.. he never really had a problem wit me.. he had issue wit some ? he knew back his way and he jus took that ? out on me.. well tried to. haha

its still crazy to me tho that after all these yrs posting and for the kast 3 iv been posting alot seein as i mostly stay home wit my daughter vs bein out in the streets and aftet jus checking im JUS NOW crackin the 20k post mark.. ? did that ? within a yr.. a yr.. that ? aint normal bruh... aint noooooo way inwas go let that ? come at me any kind of way and not get at him.. but yeh.. we cool now. *sniff*

5th Letter- What are some crazy things you've seen since you've been on the IC?

CapitalB- crazy?! mannn iunno too many to ? list.. the IC is jus a wild place. lmmfao i guess the exposures.. from the ? Dizz pretendin to be a ? female.. ? ? they ? patients.. some of the ? i read.. ? sayin he'd suck ? for i forget how much and ? the dude after. hahahaha fake black power militant ? ? on a white boy between posting.. muthafuckas never cease to amaze me here..

5th Letter- Speaking of which how did y'all beef start?

CapitalB- man I can't even tell u.. she was a ? tho and id jus call her on it.. I didn't even know who the ? was or even paid her no mind until she started flagging my post.. then next thing I know they made that ? a mod.. talking to u I'm starting to see a pattern. lmmfao I use to get into it wit Kai and they made that ? a mod too.. as well as Du. smmfh anyways ? became a mod and I was like "? ! here we go!" hahaha I turn down no fades tho.. so I still went at the ? .. her exposure was beautiful to watch! there's only a few people I genuinely dislike or disliked on this board.. that ? was definitely one of them.

I remember cuz from United Players of America
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @CapitalB A real one. Rich ? lol.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Tip my cap to My guy Boss been doin it consistently all them years.

Plus he feels the same way I do with Kdot
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    his ? ? came straight out the mack. bet money after that ? ? that ? he threw her off and looked in the mirror. hahaha. but he cool.....he'd be cooler if he gave a ? some game but other than that this was a great interview. prop to you @CapitalB you aint no ? youre a rest haven for hoes.......i had to do it.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Waymint... Am I to understand that @Kai got exposed for bein a bed ? ?! Or did I read that wrong?

Please tell me I read that wrong
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Salute... Cap is 100..
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    5th Letter- What are some of your favorite albums?

CapitalB- damn.. let me think for a minute.. u caught me at a good time.. my girl jus got back from cancun and im lit off white henny.. all time??

tenor.gif

• Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cool interview
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aye @CapitalB .... respect bro

I enjoyed the part where you talk of your life on the streets and your family upbringing...

• Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Quick question...

How a ? from Cali end up a Chiefs fan and not a Raider or Niner fan?
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CapitalB wrote: »
    Quick question...

9ers traded me to KC back in 93. lmmfao

Not alot of people gonna get this
  • Roster Player #99
    Roster Player #99 Members Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quick question...

? really????