black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2017 in The Reason

Comments

• king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All Hail the the ? Pete Rock

tumblr_nmz7liLspm1s4p4ago1_500.gif

I'm glad he called that lazy overhyped babysitter out.

Pete went in on him too?
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im taking bets on whether jay elec respond with twitter or bars. 10 to 1 odds that its gonna be twitter
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Jay electronica will never become the artist we all hoped he'd be. Even if he dropped an album tomorrow with 50 tracks. The boat has sailed and he can't say anything today that no one else has or already is preaching cept for his hotep ? SMMFH.

Rocnation took a huge L signing him. I'm happy Ab-Soul slapped his kufi off when he tried to go at Kendrick. Jay Electronica is wack.

I had a long post typed out about how h could be reintroduced, because he could be reintroduced and make some noise. But that hype around Exhibit C, and the hip hop savior cloud that followed him around in 09 just post the laffy taffy era was crazy.

That ? had the world at his feet and gave it up to go lay up with a Rothschild. Jewish media was scared and called in a favor.

source.gif
  • R2_163
    R2_163 Members Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? are lowkey desparate too. They're coming at his neck to bait him to putting out more ? just so they hear new music from him. not alot of people are really on some "? this ? " type ? . When he actually drops something , everyone is gonna be on his ? again.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah Jay elec definitely lost me anticipating any album from him. Dude had the moment time and time again to drop an album but never did it. Dude is either a ? or a Dr. Dre type perfectionist.
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll take quality over quantity any time. Some folks should quit acting like spoiled children. It's not that serious.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All Hail the the ? Pete Rock

tumblr_nmz7liLspm1s4p4ago1_500.gif

I'm glad he called that lazy overhyped babysitter out.

Pete went in on him too?

Yeah it's in the video. Rapradar put out a tweet like " Today 7 years ago Jay Elec signed to Roc nation".

Then Pete tweets back " and we still got nothing".

@king hassan here's what Pete Rock said

realpeterockAnd got nothing. How dissapointing is that? WTF are you doing in hip hop then? An MC is a terrible thing to waste. Not 1 album from this dude. World aint gonna change when you drop something smh

And he is right, I've heard some joints by him and it's tough, a good mc wasting time while at this garbage being put out here, I mean Cardi B the hottest ? out now, how
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's another way of looking at the situation.

I haven't been to any Roc Nation concerts, but maybe he's just an opening act for Jay Z.

It makes perfect sense. Jay Z can book stadium tours but he needs an opening act. If Jay Electronica is signed to Roc Nation maybe thats what he signed up for, to be Jay Z's opening act.

If Jay Electronica is Jay Z's opening act he's making more money touring than Joe Budden
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    Jay electronica will never become the artist we all hoped he'd be. Even if he dropped an album tomorrow with 50 tracks. The boat has sailed and he can't say anything today that no one else has or already is preaching cept for his hotep ? SMMFH.

Rocnation took a huge L signing him. I'm happy Ab-Soul slapped his kufi off when he tried to go at Kendrick. Jay Electronica is wack.

I had a long post typed out about how h could be reintroduced, because he could be reintroduced and make some noise. But that hype around Exhibit C, and the hip hop savior cloud that followed him around in 09 just post the laffy taffy era was crazy.

That ? had the world at his feet and gave it up to go lay up with a Rothschild. Jewish media was scared and called in a favor.

source.gif

Then he put it in a rap tho

Word to Chance

I'm sure JE like ? rap, I infiltrated that bloodline
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Qiv_Owan wrote: »
    Lefty_ wrote: »

source.gif

Then he put it in a rap tho

Word to Chance

I'm sure JE like ? rap, I infiltrated that bloodline

yall know that white chick cut him right?
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no albium no mixtape no EP nothing....talked to punk after his show in 2015, he told me the album was coming......

Lol oh ? I remember you posting that

Damn that was two years ago?
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree with Joe. The Internet was hyping this man up to be the next big artist but he hasn’t capitalized since those 2 songs he released. Too much time has passed. Ain’t nobody checking for Jay Elec. He shouldn’t even be a topic anymore in hip hop
  • blue_london
    blue_london Members Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no albium no mixtape no EP nothing....talked to punk after his show in 2015, he told me the album was coming......

He's been touring around London for solid 3 years on no album lol ends with coming soon