Joe Budden goes in on Jay Electronica.

Options

Comments

• Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay Elec has 70 songs? I'm not even joking asking that. Link?

60 of them ? are guest features, so they ain't even his ? .
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »
    Also it annoys me when people like Joe act like he only put out Exhibit C. Of course he ain’t dropping enough music but he has a lot more out there than Exhibit C. I have 70 Jay E songs on my phone.

And yet all those years and he never even dropped an official mixtape. Great lyricist, but terrible work ethic.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    If Jay Electronica starts lyrically firing back at Joe Budden,Joe is going to hide behind "I'm retired".
    To put a foot in jay elec ass budden better pull a mayweather
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    My style is like a shot of Jack Daniels, a baby grand piano
    Lightening Hopkin, smokin' cigs, strummin' on the banjo
    The son of man's the son of a gun with hella ammo
    Sheriffs shootin' Bob Marley, John J. Rambo
    Six sextillion, 19 million, the holy pyramids say we all Allah's children
    Voodoo for the pilgrims who bring weapons and conceal 'em
    They silence you with force and then indoctrinate the children
    Yo Gabba Gabba, Ahmadinejad will blow up your apartment if you don’t observe the Sabbath
    I look the devil in his eye and say abracadabra
    Then drown 'im in the mighty light his brain couldn’t fathom
    Scrappin' every day, just like fight club
    A thriller and a smooth criminal like Mike was

Budden verse on no church in the wild all that jay elec ? you posting
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My style is like a shot of Jack Daniels, a baby grand piano
    Lightening Hopkin, smokin' cigs, strummin' on the banjo
    The son of man's the son of a gun with hella ammo
    Sheriffs shootin' Bob Marley, John J. Rambo
    Six sextillion, 19 million, the holy pyramids say we all Allah's children
    Voodoo for the pilgrims who bring weapons and conceal 'em
    They silence you with force and then indoctrinate the children
    Yo Gabba Gabba, Ahmadinejad will blow up your apartment if you don’t observe the Sabbath
    I look the devil in his eye and say abracadabra
    Then drown 'im in the mighty light his brain couldn’t fathom
    Scrappin' every day, just like fight club
    A thriller and a smooth criminal like Mike was

To bad this ? wasn't on an album......

oD19L.gif

Lol I was gonna say the same thing
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »
    Jay Elec has 70 songs? I'm not even joking asking that. Link?

Including features yea I have 68. Its all out there for free bruh do a datpiff search or something

It's at least 100 b

Well damn I gotta see what i missed
  • CantBanTheSoulMan
    CantBanTheSoulMan Members Posts: 272 ✭✭
    Options
    Ab-Soul and Lupe are both far better than Jay Elec and have put out more material too. A hundred loose songs aren't the same as four or five focused projects. And most of Jay Elecs songs aren't THAT good. Exhibit C and Eternal Sunshine were dope 10 years ago but...I think most people revere Jay Elec because when he dropped, there wasn't really anyone else who was rapping like him at the time. It was a breath of fresh air.

But looking back now...that ? just isn't profound. Dope still but he hasmt released nothing to warrant the acclaim he gets.
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

we are now witnessing the turn.

wait for the prestige...
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay Electronica would beat the kitty litter out of Joe Buddens so he need not be worried about what he's doing. My guy is from the Magnolia Projects and now he's living his life. Buttons can go ? himself.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay Electronica would beat the kitty litter out of Joe Buddens so he need not be worried about what he's doing. My guy is from the Magnolia Projects and now he's living his life. Buttons can go ? himself.

Aight I've bn agreeing with you about a lot of ? lately but this ain't it. Tha ? does where he from gotta do with anything. ? can't be the greatest of anything if he lazy.
  • buttuh_b
    edited November 2017
    Options

Aight I've bn agreeing with you about a lot of ? lately but this ain't it. Tha ? does where he from gotta do with anything. ? can't be the greatest of anything if he lazy.

Who said he the greatest of anything? Everyone has their own path on this journey called life. He's living as you would expect him to. He is a nomad. He doesn't do things conventionally or for the convenience of fans.

I refuse to give Buddens plays, didn't watch the video. Why does he have another man's name in his mouth.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options

Who said he the greatest of anything? Everyone has their own path on this journey called life. He's living as you would expect him to. He is a nomad. He doesn't do things conventionally or for the convenience of fans.

I refuse to give Buddens plays, didn't watch the video. Why does he have another man's name in his mouth.

Was Elect not the topic at that moment? ? , you can't be this dense. >_>

Budden > that lazy ? by default.
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    Why was he the topic?
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why was he the topic?

Because some ? old ? pete rock dissed him
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Why was he the topic?

Because some ? old ? pete rock dissed him

Because a hip hop site tweeted the anniversary of his signing to RN. At least get the ? right, b.
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    What's up with all this random anniversary ? these days anyway?? It's the 13th anniversary of *insert random album* lmao we gonna do this every year. How about only celebrate 25th and 50th anniversary of classic albums and shut up with the nonsense. What Pete Rock aggy they sampled him on Shiny Suit Theory?
  • englishdude
    englishdude Members Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's up with all this random anniversary ? these days anyway?? It's the 13th anniversary of *insert random album* lmao we gonna do this every year. How about only celebrate 25th and 50th anniversary of classic albums and shut up with the nonsense. What Pete Rock aggy they sampled him on Shiny Suit Theory?

Bet if jay elec dropped a classic you would wanna celebrate it every 5 years foh.
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    I don't need an anniversary to celebrate anything. I listen to music as I please unlike 95% of this forum. That's why I appreciate the music Jay Electronica has given us and enjoy it unlike you other ungrateful entitled ? .
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rare footage of Jay's initial meeting with that Rothschild ? .

1nhiuh.gif

You ain't ? brah..lol