Options

Comments

• Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Here is what was supposedly cut/changed

Here's what was cut from Justice League Movie:

LONGER: Began with Bruce recruiting Aquaman. It was basically the same scene as I saw in the theatrical version this weekend. However, some lines were added by Whedon and some Zack bits were cut. Aquaman was originally more resilient and shut-off to Bruce here.

DELETED: Barry Allen visits the library because he knows that Iris West is there. He tries to talk to her but fumbles and blushes. He mentions that “he might go and see his Dad today”. Iris likes his awkwardness but doesn’t think he’s all that special. We see Barry breaking the window with his finger to kind-of impress Iris (our FIRST look at his powers). When everyone and Iris are surprised at this window breaking, Barry just says “weak glass” and walks out.

LONGER: History Lesson. But just by some bits. What I was most surprised by was that WB cut out dialogue by the Green Lantern, Zeus and even Ares (Yes, he was there too). They had a couple of lines each. As did Robin Wright and Hippolyta. They just kept the action in and clicked out all dialogue, I guess.

DELETED: After taking the Mother Box from Themiscyra, Steppenwolf actually “talks” to the Box. His mother, Heggra’s essence is alive in the Mother Boxes and bringing them all together would unleash her powers – finally giving Steppenwolf an edge over his uncle – Darkseid. That is what his plan was originally. I thought for sure that they would keep this scene in because they used a dialogue from this scene in the trailers – “No protectors here. No Lanterns. This world will fall. You will be free, mother.”

DELETED – Cyborg’s previous life. He plays a great football match that his MOTHER (Yes, she was cast as well) attends. Afterwards, they drive home. Victor is angry that his Dad never made it while his mother tries to console him. Victor just keeps getting angry and lashing out, loses control of the car – causing a fiery crash.

LONGER – The Gordon scene had a little setup that I didn’t see in the theatrical version. Gordon dismisses a Junkie and tells him to “get better at life” before another cop comes to him with drawings of Parademons. His conversation with the League also ran longer. First, he asks Wonder Woman “if she’s the same woman he keeps seeing reports of in London”. Then, he asks Cyborg “how does he eat? Does he even need to?”.

DELETED: After the attack on Atlantis, Aquaman consults with Mera and Vulko over what he should do next. Mera wants him to stay as King because she “doesn’t trust Orm”. Vulko wants him to do what his heart says. Aquaman confesses that he feels a responsinility to help the people on Earth.

DELETED: The League visits the Batcave. Alfred has humorous reactions to the League. Bruce Wayne talks about a “nightmare” he had. He believes that Steppenwolf will try and resurrect the power of Superman and “that they must do it first unless they want to fight an Evil Kryptonian too.”

CHANGED: Superman’s resurrection was ONLY possible because Cyborg detects foreign genetic material in his DNA a.k.a the Codex. This is the final confirmation needed that Superman can be brought back to life after all. Then, the revival happens pretty much the same.

DELETED: Deathstroke breaks Lex out of prison. They part ways because the cops are hot on their trail – deciding to meet up later at “the location they discussed”.

DELETED: Kent Farm. Superman brings Lois here. however, he is still very confused and not knowing what’s happening. Bystanders are looking at him and clicking his photos. This confuses him further and he actually tries to attack the civilians with his laser-eyes before Lois manages to calm him down. Superman tells her that “the voices won’t shut up”. Later, Martha shows up here and Clark and Lois are already inside the house. Clark is calmer now but still very confused – his powers are going haywire and his senses are heightened. Martha gives the “Picture the world as an Island. Follow my voice and come back to me” speech from MoS. It seems to calm him down. Later, Clark is wearing his shirt when he sees Pa Kent (Yes, Costner was here too) out in the fields. He goes out to see him. Pa Kent talks about “embracing who you really are”. He tells Clark that “you have to make peace with who you are. You have the power to change the world and you can do that as anyone, good character or bad.” Clark finally embraces Superman as a part of him when Lois walks out. Clark confirms their engagement, Lois breaks down because she wasn’t strong enough. Then, Martha comes out too as Clark decides to help the League and flies off. That’s how it happened in my version. I may have paraphrased some dialogue but that was basically it.

DELETED: Clark heads up to meet Alfred and get his suit.

DELETED: Steppenwolf’s second conversation with Heggra. Now that he has all three Mother Boxes – her return to this world can begin.

CHANGED: Bruce’s conversation with Diana after Superman returns. Diana comes in to pop Bruce’s shoulder and tend to his injuries. Bruce reveals that he is willing to die to save the world. In fact, he says “he deserves to die because of what he’s done. He’s killed people and nothing, not even his hate for Superman can justify killing like that”. Diana tells him that “he’s changed now” but Bruce remains adamant that he can only atone himself by sacrificing his life.

CHANGED: Bruce’s Batmobile is headed to certain death during the finale when Wonder Woman and Aquaman interfere and save his life. They tell him that dying in battle won’t do anything and he must live to keep the fight going.

ALTERNATE ENDING WE WERE SHOWN: Cyborg tries to separate the Mother Boxes while Heggra keeps trying to talk him away. Furious, Steppenwolf grabs him and rips him apart – essentially killing him.
    CHANGED: Superman joins the fight and teams up with the League to defeat Steppenwolf. However, at one point, Steppy tries to tempt Superman into joining his army and we see Darksied (for the first time) in Superman’s vision and we see flashes of the Knightmare footage. However, Superman SNAPS back from it and delivers the final blow to Steppy, defeating him.

DELETED: Steppenwolf is killed by Darkseid on Apokolips. Darkseid intends to come to Earth to “meet the Kryptonian”.

DELETED: Aquaman meets Mera off the village coast and agrees to come back. Barry steps into the library, Iris smiles at him cutely.

DELETED: Bruce and Barry place Victor’s “body” in the Batcave. Bruce comments that “his organic tissue is dead but it may be possible to reignite his mechanical parts”. Barry promises to help however he can.

DELETED: Lois introduces Perry White to “Clark Kent a.k.a Superman“.

The original after credit scene that was shot in principal photography was Bruce being woken in the night in his lake house by a green light and being visited by Tomar Re and Kilowog. It was cut fairly early on during post. They should release Zack Snyder’s Director’s Cut and Tom Holkenborg’s (Junkie XL) Score for Home Release

Those guys were!right for wanimg that petition. Of looks to me that warner DC tried to fix what wasn't broken and hurt the film even more. All that needed fiximg was the sky. All they need ed to do was make the sky redmdirimg the last battle. They too s much details out of the film it wound up feeling stale and sonless. They better give us a directors cut with all of those scenes in place.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

LONGER: Began with Bruce recruiting Aquaman. It was basically the same scene as I saw in the theatrical version this weekend. However, some lines were added by Whedon and some Zack bits were cut. Aquaman was originally more resilient and shut-off to Bruce here.

DELETED: Barry Allen visits the library because he knows that Iris West is there. He tries to talk to her but fumbles and blushes. He mentions that “he might go and see his Dad today”. Iris likes his awkwardness but doesn’t think he’s all that special. We see Barry breaking the window with his finger to kind-of impress Iris (our FIRST look at his powers). When everyone and Iris are surprised at this window breaking, Barry just says “weak glass” and walks out.

LONGER: History Lesson. But just by some bits. What I was most surprised by was that WB cut out dialogue by the Green Lantern, Zeus and even Ares (Yes, he was there too). They had a couple of lines each. As did Robin Wright and Hippolyta. They just kept the action in and clicked out all dialogue, I guess.

DELETED: After taking the Mother Box from Themiscyra, Steppenwolf actually “talks” to the Box. His mother, Heggra’s essence is alive in the Mother Boxes and bringing them all together would unleash her powers – finally giving Steppenwolf an edge over his uncle – Darkseid. That is what his plan was originally. I thought for sure that they would keep this scene in because they used a dialogue from this scene in the trailers – “No protectors here. No Lanterns. This world will fall. You will be free, mother.”

DELETED – Cyborg’s previous life. He plays a great football match that his MOTHER (Yes, she was cast as well) attends. Afterwards, they drive home. Victor is angry that his Dad never made it while his mother tries to console him. Victor just keeps getting angry and lashing out, loses control of the car – causing a fiery crash.

LONGER – The Gordon scene had a little setup that I didn’t see in the theatrical version. Gordon dismisses a Junkie and tells him to “get better at life” before another cop comes to him with drawings of Parademons. His conversation with the League also ran longer. First, he asks Wonder Woman “if she’s the same woman he keeps seeing reports of in London”. Then, he asks Cyborg “how does he eat? Does he even need to?”.

DELETED: After the attack on Atlantis, Aquaman consults with Mera and Vulko over what he should do next. Mera wants him to stay as King because she “doesn’t trust Orm”. Vulko wants him to do what his heart says. Aquaman confesses that he feels a responsinility to help the people on Earth.

DELETED: The League visits the Batcave. Alfred has humorous reactions to the League. Bruce Wayne talks about a “nightmare” he had. He believes that Steppenwolf will try and resurrect the power of Superman and “that they must do it first unless they want to fight an Evil Kryptonian too.”

CHANGED: Superman’s resurrection was ONLY possible because Cyborg detects foreign genetic material in his DNA a.k.a the Codex. This is the final confirmation needed that Superman can be brought back to life after all. Then, the revival happens pretty much the same.

DELETED: Deathstroke breaks Lex out of prison. They part ways because the cops are hot on their trail – deciding to meet up later at “the location they discussed”.

DELETED: Kent Farm. Superman brings Lois here. however, he is still very confused and not knowing what’s happening. Bystanders are looking at him and clicking his photos. This confuses him further and he actually tries to attack the civilians with his laser-eyes before Lois manages to calm him down. Superman tells her that “the voices won’t shut up”. Later, Martha shows up here and Clark and Lois are already inside the house. Clark is calmer now but still very confused – his powers are going haywire and his senses are heightened. Martha gives the “Picture the world as an Island. Follow my voice and come back to me” speech from MoS. It seems to calm him down. Later, Clark is wearing his shirt when he sees Pa Kent (Yes, Costner was here too) out in the fields. He goes out to see him. Pa Kent talks about “embracing who you really are”. He tells Clark that “you have to make peace with who you are. You have the power to change the world and you can do that as anyone, good character or bad.” Clark finally embraces Superman as a part of him when Lois walks out. Clark confirms their engagement, Lois breaks down because she wasn’t strong enough. Then, Martha comes out too as Clark decides to help the League and flies off. That’s how it happened in my version. I may have paraphrased some dialogue but that was basically it.

DELETED: Steppenwolf’s second conversation with Heggra. Now that he has all three Mother Boxes – her return to this world can begin.

CHANGED: Bruce’s conversation with Diana after Superman returns. Diana comes in to pop Bruce’s shoulder and tend to his injuries. Bruce reveals that he is willing to die to save the world. In fact, he says “he deserves to die because of what he’s done. He’s killed people and nothing, not even his hate for Superman can justify killing like that”. Diana tells him that “he’s changed now” but Bruce remains adamant that he can only atone himself by sacrificing his life.

CHANGED: Bruce’s Batmobile is headed to certain death during the finale when Wonder Woman and Aquaman interfere and save his life. They tell him that dying in battle won’t do anything and he must live to keep the fight going.

ALTERNATE ENDING WE WERE SHOWN: Cyborg tries to separate the Mother Boxes while Heggra keeps trying to talk him away. Furious, Steppenwolf grabs him and rips him apart – essentially killing him.
    CHANGED: Superman joins the fight and teams up with the League to defeat Steppenwolf. However, at one point, Steppy tries to tempt Superman into joining his army and we see Darksied (for the first time) in Superman’s vision and we see flashes of the Knightmare footage. However, Superman SNAPS back from it and delivers the final blow to Steppy, defeating him.

DELETED: Steppenwolf is killed by Darkseid on Apokolips. Darkseid intends to come to Earth to “meet the Kryptonian”.

DELETED: Aquaman meets Mera off the village coast and agrees to come back. Barry steps into the library, Iris smiles at him cutely.

DELETED: Bruce and Barry place Victor’s “body” in the Batcave. Bruce comments that “his organic tissue is dead but it may be possible to reignite his mechanical parts”. Barry promises to help however he can.

The original after credit scene that was shot in principal photography was Bruce being woken in the night in his lake house by a green light and being visited by Tomar Re and Kilowog. It was cut fairly early on during post. They should release Zack Snyder’s Director’s Cut and Tom Holkenborg’s (Junkie XL) Score for Home Release

OK im convinced they sabotaged this movie or they are doing this extended cuts for DVD sales ? to throw us off these movies cause deleting all these vital scenes just for the heck of it is pathetic. Didn't they learn their lesson from BVS
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »

OK im convinced they sabotaged this movie or they are doing this extended cuts for DVD sales ? to throw us off these movies cause deleting all these vital scenes just for the heck of it is pathetic. Didn't they learn their lesson from BVS

Of course. That's the con. I copped the BvS disc. A whole lotta MFs will cop the DVD when it drops for them deleted scenes
  • blue_london
    blue_london Members Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watched it last night... It was kinda trash
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    Batman’s benzo was clean tho.

smh at simpin ass lois lane lyin that Supermayne smells good (n/h) when this ? was a corpse for a year.She a fiend for the D.

I think that was a joke
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options

smh at simpin ass lois lane lyin that Supermayne smells good (n/h) when this ? was a corpse for a year.She a fiend for the D.

I think that was a joke

And i think my comment was also a joke.
  • Splackavelli
    Options

I think that was a joke

And i think my comment was also a joke.

Where them gifs at ? !
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Scust @ all them cuts
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    edited November 2017
    Options

Sounds very long but dope , never cared directors or extended cuts but they need to release this asap.

lol Joss Whedon gonna have a DC fanboy fatwa on his head.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options

Sounds like a totally different movie.

I told y’all whedon/WB executives changed the movie.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sounds very long but dope , never cared directors or extended cuts but they need to release this asap.

lol Joss Whedon gonna have a DC fanboy fatwa on his head.

I mean he only followed WB's orders. Their beef should be with the studio who has been shortchanging this franchise with no real vision or focus from the beginning.

• Splackavelli
    Options

Also the ? chick from dope had a scene as iris west
    vhc4852dzovs.jpeg
  • Agrv2385
    Agrv2385 Members Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I unno how accurate that list of cut out scenes is. Cuz ive scene the deleted scene where flash breaks the glass and thats not how it goes. He breaks through the glass of the restaurant to save iris from a car crash. Also that list is missing the scene where Cyborg learns to fly and goes through the clouds, and another where he takes control of a bunch of missiles magneto style. So i unno how real that list is of cuts. I enojoyed the movie i unno why everyones complaining. All that was missing was black suit SM, and a darkseid tease.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Them ? execs be ? with the movies last minute almost EVERY movie except MoS. its super frustrating. I cant understand if its them trying to boost home sales with "Ultimate Editions" or if they're freaking out last minute about ? that doesnt need to be worried about.
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man the extended version sound dope as hell wtf lol.
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »

I been saying ? WB and DC for going along with the bs, they been ? up since BvS.
  • Huey_C
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    Whomever is running WB film's are idiot's

• Huey_C
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Lol at the fanboys cosigning. naw y'all love the ? y'all are fed, remember?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You know what Marvel Studios really has over WB? They bounce back better. Marvel has made some mistakes, but they usually follow up with something that removes that bad taste from everyone's mouths. WB seems to make a mistake and then double down on that same bad judgement the next time around.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Give it a 6/10
  • matches malone
    matches malone Members Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    willhustle wrote: »
    http://variety.com/2017/film/news/box-office-justice-league-opens-1202618465/

I really liked JL but I really think movie critics went too hard in the paint on this movie. If I were to take movie critics opinion as

imo JL may have been better off coming Thanksgiving Weekend for better Box Office numbers domestically

It wont. Pixar got some flick coming out.

If anything, foreign market might save it. Suicide Squad might have made more than BvS if it had opened in China. Asian chicks adore Harley Quinn, and Will Smith is big there too.
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    What trailers that they show for justice league? I came late and walked in just as the movie was starting.
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was aight. Beside supes, they already showed the best parts in the trailers
  • matches malone
    matches malone Members Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Somebody posted this in reddit. Is this actually true? Does JL actually feel TOO much like a comic book. Gotta admit, BvS and SS did have this type of feel too.
    The thing is, this film is exactly like a Justice League comic, and for film critics that isn’t going to fly. The pacing, the constant mood shifts in dialog, dropped plot threads...those are all part of how Comics read and feel. Most of us are used to it and have a “just go with it” mentality behind it. I loved it for that. The truth is, adapting comics often requires you to take only the most recognizable elements of the comic, while excising everything else. This film didn’t do that; it pretty much could have passed for an issue of JLA back in the late 90s/early 2000s.

definitely true about the pacing and mood. I'll also add characters that seem important just popping in and out. The part about taking the most recognizable elements of the comic is something Marvel does a lot (Ragnarok is something else in the comics, Civil War plays out completely different). kinda goes with the thought that DC makes superhero movies, and Marvel makes genre movies that just happen to have superheroes in them.