Ma$e - The Oracle (Cam’ron Diss), Cam'ron responds with Dinner Time

Options

Comments

• gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    I dont remember the minute mark.. But Ma$e said that this is about a video.. And he kinda downplayed it.. It's like man after 20 years this video is where our issues are?.. I have an issue with that..

Ma$e mentions in the video that he wore Cam's clothes.. So a ? that gave you clothes to wear.. As soon as you get on you charge him for a video?.. And expect him to let it go?.. I wish Angie would have plodded more on that..

If you my man.. And u held me down.. And I get on.. Ima make sure you straight.. That's what real ? do.. Yes you've grown.. But don't act like Cam is crazy for feeling the way he felt. He held you down and you had the power to change his life and you did it but not really. Charging that man for a video is a slap in the face in my opinion. If he did that video all of this wouldn't even be going on. Made said that he's grown so maybe he isn't the same person.. But growth doesnt negate what you've done in your past. You still have to deal with the Karma that comes along with what you've done. Outside of that I feel him.. This is a dope interview.. Many layers and no one is perfect.. But Ma$e needs to understand where Cam is coming from as it pertains to that video..

The money wouldn’t be coming out of Cams pocket. The label would’ve paid for it. Similar to the DJ Envy Noreaga story
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    gemini86 wrote: »
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »
    I'm not gonna just bash Mase catalogue.

Lmao

"Mase catalogue"

Like we really discussing this?

I can't wait for Drag-on or Memphis Bleek to become relevant on the IC after a soundcloud freestyle

Drag on and bleek didnt go 4 times platinum and have number 1 hits

No way out was basically Mase album that puff stole.

Mo money mo problems was Mase song.

Lol @ thinking Puff egotistical ass wasn't planning on pushing himself out there, nah that was ALWAYS gonna be a "Puff Daddy" album

Mase had two songs on No Way Out. Two.

Stevie J: Ma$e came to me in the studio one day with this “I’m Comin’ Out” sample. He’s like,
    “When you gonna use this right here? Either my album, Puff album or Big album?” So we laid the track first but nobody knew who was gonna get it. And then when Big came with the “B-I-G P-O-P-P-A!” What!? That was Big’s joint. Everybody felt that.

Read More: Check Out How Biggie’s ‘Life After Death’ Was Made - XXL | http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2014/03/the-making-of-life-after-death-many-men/11/?trackback=tsmclip

Stop reaching to gas up a ? that peaked during the Clinton administration before becoming a punchline in the culture. ? were born, grew up, lived full lives and died in the time since Mase was truly relevant.....but let him spit a couple bars over a Ennio Morricone sample for attention and suddenly ya'll prisoners of the moment, talking about what a masterpiece Harlem World was and generally doing ya'll damnedest to polish up his GOAT resume.
    That small amount of work is greater than all of Cam ? combined in my opinion.

That warrants a ? Please. Harlem World over Come Home With Me AND Purple Haze yeah ok

Gotta hand it to him tho, this was good promotion for that new album if it's got this many people out the woodwork craving new Mase music in 2017.....

9efx0znnc2lq.jpg

Bruh... Mase wrote all puffs verses on that ? .

And No way out was a banger.

Puff never sounded the same after Mase left.

Dip Set has always been and will always be hot ass juice. Get them and the purple city bird gang and the goony goo goos and hell rell and un kasa and then big ass throw backs thee ? outta here.

• THIRDSUPREME
    Options
    I dont remember the minute mark.. But Ma$e said that this is about a video.. And he kinda downplayed it.. It's like man after 20 years this video is where our issues are?.. I have an issue with that..

Ma$e mentions in the video that he wore Cam's clothes.. So a ? that gave you clothes to wear.. As soon as you get on you charge him for a video?.. And expect him to let it go?.. I wish Angie would have plodded more on that..

If you my man.. And u held me down.. And I get on.. Ima make sure you straight.. That's what real ? do.. Yes you've grown.. But don't act like Cam is crazy for feeling the way he felt. He held you down and you had the power to change his life and you did it but not really. Charging that man for a video is a slap in the face in my opinion. If he did that video all of this wouldn't even be going on. Made said that he's grown so maybe he isn't the same person.. But growth doesnt negate what you've done in your past. You still have to deal with the Karma that comes along with what you've done. Outside of that I feel him.. This is a dope interview.. Many layers and no one is perfect.. But Ma$e needs to understand where Cam is coming from as it pertains to that video..

The money wouldn’t be coming out of Cams pocket. The label would’ve paid for it. Similar to the DJ Envy Noreaga story

Exactly, that ? was in the budget. Pay Homage ? and stop being a petty ass hatin ass ? .
  • THIRDSUPREME
    Options
    “Now they are hypmotitized wit hatred.”
    -Lil Boosie-
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Exactly, that ? was in the budget. Pay Homage ? and stop being a petty ass hatin ass ? .

yea but it aint like the manager hit him up....if Cam hit him up on some come thru type ? ; it shouldnt have been a problem
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn this Mase interview is dope as ? ...fam coming off real mature well spoken intelligent...he low key kept sonning Angie Martinez
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whats wrong with some of yall ears... or are you just THAT biased?

That camron diss was absolute ? ....

Mase ? was absolute FLAMES.

Yall dudes talking about some engineering/quality ? sound like freeway "put on a beat"
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    South ? love cam because his lyrics are easy to understand. That ? booney ratatouille ? be having them jamming. They don’t like using their brain.

Look at TI. That ? used to rap country as hell and was on the top of the game. Then he starting using what they feel as big words so he fell off to them.

They would argue all day that nas, 50 and jay is wack but then turn around and say Gucci and future are legends. It’s true man

Go back to previous threads and look at how south ? judge rap beefs.

“So and so is more popular so they won.”

I know we have some smart southern brothers on here that think differently but they are a minority.

I still don't understand how Gucci mane is a successful rapper

I agree, but I understand exactly why. Akademiks was crossing lines n ? by speakin on it but what he said was true. A huge chunk of my generation n below of Southerners are dumb as ? !!

Idk if I feel comfortable labeling a whole group of people dumb, especially based on geography.
    I just think the ? make wack music lol
  • natural born sinners
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »
    dipset > g-unit

Iagree with this just based on my own preference.

Even tho i ? with g unit heavy when they were droppin mixtapes left and right i can barely listen to it anymore. Gets old quick.

Dipset stays in rotation.

50, Banks, Buck and Game put out damn near classics for they debut albums back to back to back to back. Don't forget about that fire ass first Gunit album. Plus all them ? went platinum.
  • natural born sinners
    Options
    Gunit revolutionized the mixtape game! Gunit had a way better run then dipset. I ain't seen ? wearing dipset shirts n sneakers everywhere. Dipset was mostly a heavy NY movement, Gunit ? seemed worldwide
  • gemini86
    Options
    South ? love cam because his lyrics are easy to understand. That ? booney ratatouille ? be having them jamming. They don’t like using their brain.

Look at TI. That ? used to rap country as hell and was on the top of the game. Then he starting using what they feel as big words so he fell off to them.

They would argue all day that nas, 50 and jay is wack but then turn around and say Gucci and future are legends. It’s true man

I know we have some smart southern brothers on here that think differently but they are a minority.

I agree, but I understand exactly why. Akademiks was crossing lines n ? by speakin on it but what he said was true. A huge chunk of my generation n below of Southerners are dumb as ? !!

Idk if I feel comfortable labeling a whole group of people dumb, especially based on geography.

Man when u put it like that it sounds bad. But look who was in the forefront. South ? make a song with a hot beat and some adlibs and no lyrics and it would be labeled as dope
  • natural born sinners
    Options
    I ? w some of that southern ? though. TI, Jeezy, Luda and krit probably my favorite artist after k.dot n j.cole right now. But I get what u saying, alot of that other ? be super dumbed down musik
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options

Smh. Yall ? gotta learn the music business if you gonna be talkin like that.

When you have a deal the label opens up a budget for you to create your Album. Everything you do there's a budget associated with it. What people fail to realize is that your budget is recoupable.. Meaning whatever was spent comes out of the money they pay you quarterly or biannually. So yes the label pays up-front but Cam pays on the backend if his project is profitable. And he owes dough if it isn't.

History shows us he wasn't profitable Cuz he had to strong arm the label to get out of his deal and join the Roc.. Bit I digress..

Mase was wrong simple.
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ? w some of that southern ? though. TI, Jeezy, Luda and krit probably my favorite artist after k.dot n j.cole right now. But I get what u saying, alot of that other ? be super dumbed down musik

J Cole is from the South. That's the problem Y'all think South = GA. Y'all mean you don't like rapping Georgians under 30...but you say South. Pusha T, Malice, Pharell/Neptunes, Timbaland, Missy, Chris Brown, Trey Songz, and Skillz are some of the rappers/R&B artist from VA alone.
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gunit revolutionized the mixtape game! Gunit had a way better run then dipset. I ain't seen ? wearing dipset shirts n sneakers everywhere. Dipset was mostly a heavy NY movement, Gunit ? seemed worldwide

I respect all that g unit ? thats why i said personally, so not mad at anyone that disagrees.

But just like i was a huge eminem fan at the time, most of his ? aged horribly. Thats how i feel about a lot of g units material.

They all fell off right after their first album except 50. I cant even count game as g unit bc that went to ? quick. Shout out to the ghost unit mixtapes n g-unot ? tho. Classics.

Banks changed his whole ? voice after his album debut n he was my fav. Went to soundin like he got shanked in his rib n it got stuck there or somethin.

Dont get me started on tony yayo. I know a couple ppl that bought into the hype n copped his album. U just cant trust ppl like that ya know?

Dont think anybody would be hype for a g unit tour these days.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • gemini86
    Options

J Cole is from the South. That's the problem Y'all think South = GA. Y'all mean you don't like rapping Georgians under 30...but you say South. Pusha T, Malice, Pharell/Neptunes, Timbaland, Missy, Chris Brown, Trey Songz, and Skillz are some of the rappers/R&B artist from VA alone.

Those are all dope artist. Why aren’t they in the forefront? Y’all rather push 21 savage and migos than the dope artist y’all have. See this is the issue I have with the south. It’s like you know you love stupid ignorant ? but then like to hide behind artist who you think are “smart and conscious.”

Y’all ? tried to paint Kevin Gates as smart and that ? wild ? . Posting up inspirational quotes and have the nerve to post his picture. That’s the ? y’all look up to?

As much as I think 3K is overrated, I wish artist from the south like him was leading the charge. ? even Wayne. There’s no denying that the south runs the radio airwaves for hip hop. And y’all choose to play the dumb ? .
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Those are all dope artist. Why aren’t they in the forefront? Y’all rather push 21 savage and migos than the dope artist y’all have. See this is the issue I have with the south. It’s like you know you love stupid ignorant ? but then like to hide behind artist who you think are “smart and conscious.”

Y’all ? tried to paint Kevin Gates as smart and that ? wild ? . Posting up inspirational quotes and have the nerve to post his picture. That’s the ? y’all look up to?

As much as I think 3K is overrated, I wish artist from the south like him was leading the charge. ? even Wayne. There’s no denying that the south runs the radio airwaves for hip hop. And y’all choose to play the dumb ? .

Whats with the hate for gates he does vodoo he's lyrical an real to himself..an this maybe childish but you would not say anything to his face..so opinionated
  • gemini86
    Options

Whats with the hate for gates he does vodoo he's lyrical an real to himself..an this maybe childish but you would not say anything to his face..so opinionated

Yes the ? I would. I wouldn’t be disrespectful and walk up to him and call him trash or ? . But if having a discussion on his music, I would say to him or in front of him.
  • gemini86
    Options
    Same ? that would say Eminem is not a legend would turn around and give you 313 reasons why Webbie is a legend
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options

Bruh, who is y'all? NY radio doesn't play 21 Savage and Migos? And like I said all 4 of them are Georgians under 30. Who are the 21 Savages/Migos/Yachty's of VA? Of North Carolina? Of D.C.?

The real problem is you got too old for the music. And I'm not knocking you for it because I did too. But people like a 42 year old 3 Stacks aren't gonna lead the charge.

NY rap failed imo because y'all didn't successfully pass the baton to the new generation. That's why Jay, Fab/Jada, Cam/Mase are getting more attention than anyone else from NY right now, and they're all over 40. Who's in the forefront for NY? Cardi and Nicki?
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Again, I never said the entire region. I said a lot and much of. Especially when it comes to this particular topic.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options

When you have a deal the label opens up a budget for you to create your Album. Everything you do there's a budget associated with it. What people fail to realize is that your budget is recoupable.. Meaning whatever was spent comes out of the money they pay you quarterly or biannually. So yes the label pays up-front but Cam pays on the backend if his project is profitable. And he owes dough if it isn't.

History shows us he wasn't profitable Cuz he had to strong arm the label to get out of his deal and join the Roc.. Bit I digress..

Mase was wrong simple.

Wrong about what? Mase was talkin bout Sony Red (fka Relativity) in that song, not when Cam was signed to Epic.
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Mase was wrong simple.

Wrong about what? Mase was talkin bout Sony Red (fka Relativity) in that song, not when Cam was signed to Epic.

The video he was referring to when all this started is the Horse and Carriage Video. Mase wanted to charge Cam to do it. So in the video instead of having Mase they had a body double. And I'm not talking about the song I'm talkin about the interview Mase did with Angie.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options

Mase was wrong simple.

The video he was referring to when all this started is the Horse and Carriage Video. Mase wanted to charge Cam to do it. So in the video instead of having Mase they had a body double. And I'm not talking about the song I'm talkin about the interview Mase did with Angie.

Oh ok. And what's with these ? getting mad over business decions? Didn't Mase help Cam get that deal? That was help enough if you ask me.