Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Broddie wrote: »
    When they do get to Darkseid do it like Final Crisis/Multiversity and Jack Kirby envisioned. Show that there is a "Darkseid Prime" as he is a ? and thus has no corporeal form.

Every "Darkseid" encountered by the DC multiverse heroes was an avatar of that prime version. Just the pure essence of tryanny floating across the entire multiverse and bleeding into all the different earths all at once.

Just build up towards that epic ? at a reasonable pace. No more rushing.

@brodie what should I read for this? This ? sounds interesting

Final Crisis

Oh and DC should turn DMZ into an HBO series.

HBO Series DMZ would be dope!

whats DMZ?

Its a vertigo comics story about America in a second civil war that follows this journalist named Matty who is in manhattan and manhattan has become a demilitarized area. Cant remember who wrote it though.

Brian Wood who also created Northlanders for Vertigo

Nice, i didnt read the entire run myself, but i read a decent chunk of it and liked it. I see they got a lot of spin off type stories too i should check out someday.

It was an anthology series not a continuous one. So there is no jumping on point. Every arc was a stand alone.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ben Affleck To Reportedly Play Batman In The Flash, But Not In Solo Film

One of the worst-kept secrets in the DC Extended Universe is Ben Affleck's interest in departing the films permanently. A recent report by Variety claims that, while Affleck is expected to appear in the upcoming The Flash film, he will exit the DCEU and a new actor would accept the cowl for the Matt Reeves-directed The Batman.

"While Ben Affleck is expected to appear as Batman in a standalone Flash movie, it is highly unlikely he will don the cape and cowl in Matt Reeves’ planned standalone Batman movie. The director is said to want to cast the role with fresh talent, according to sources," Variety's report reads.

It's unclear exactly when Affleck's doubts about the DCEU began, with the films in which he has appeared often receiving harsh criticism.

Affleck's first portrayal of the character was in Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, and, while his performance wasn't singled out as being disappointing, the overall film received incredibly poor reviews. When one reporter confronted Affleck and co-star Henry Cavill in an interview about these poor reviews, Affleck's seemingly despondent response created one of the most popular memes of the year and became a widely-shared viral video.

Almost all interviews with the star bring up his involvement in the franchise, possibly shaking his faith in the role after having to regularly confirm he wasn't leaving.

Rumors of Affleck's exit were seemingly confirmed as he distanced himself from The Batman, with Reeves taking over directorial duties. With Affleck already being 45, The Batman may focus on a much younger version of the character, which would possibly necessitate a new actor to take the reins.

Recently, a source reported to Radar Online that Mad Men star Jon Hamm would be interested in taking the role, despite having previously collaborated with Affleck on The Town.

"They've enjoyed working together and have been on good terms ever since," the source explained. "But Jon knows Ben has faced some criticism over Batman v. Superman and Justice League, and frankly thinks he'd be better suited for the job. This is business for Jon, not personal."

Stay tuned for updates on The Batman and Ben Affleck's involvement in the DCEU.

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/12/07/the-batman-ben-affleck-replaced-the-flash-dceu/
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    I have a feeling my theory on Flashpoint being a DCEU Reboot of sorts may be correct. Articles that there is a big shake up for the films moving forward by WB are coming in.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Big DC Shake Up Reportedly Happening Because of 'Justice League'

With the disappointing critical and financial reception to Justice League, the fifth film in the DC Extended Universe, Warner Bros. is making some big changes to how it will handle subsequent films in the lucrative shared universe, Variety reports.

One of the changes will be Jon Berg leaving his current role of running the production division of the DCEU and will instead become a production partner with Roy Lee, who previously developed The LEGO Movie and IT. There is currently no frontrunner for his replacement. The shift is said to be happening in January.

“This is something that Jon approached me about six months ago, and he expressed his goal was to ultimately be a producer at the studio,” Warner Bros. Picture Group President Toby Emmerich shared with Variety. “I first met Jon when, as a producer, he brought Elf to New Line, which remains one of the best and most evergreen titles in the library. We’re thrilled that Jon is partnering with Roy and anticipate their company being a valuable source of movies for Warner Bros. and New Line.”

Despite being home to some of the most iconic characters in pop culture, the films in the DCEU have never had it easy.

Zack Snyder became the main creative force in the DCEU, serving as an architect of the whole shared universe of films. The filmmaker was tasked with following the lauded trilogy of Batman films from Christopher Nolan, a challenging task for any filmmaker.

The DCEU kicked off with Man of Steel in 2013, helmed by Snyder, who also directed 2016's Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice. The films were financially successful, with many criticisms focusing on the dark tone of the films, drastically juxtaposed with Marvel's lighthearted endeavors.

This summer's Wonder Woman offered a ray of light in the DCEU, being praised by fans and critics alike for its themes of hope and compassion.

Last month, Justice League, which was the culmination of all the films in the DCEU, opened with the lowest opening weekend of all the films in the series, with criticisms once again being aimed at its darker tones, while also featuring more humorous moments that created a jarring overall experience.

The next film in the DCEU to hit theaters will be Aquaman on December 21, 2018.

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/12/07/justice-league-dc-extended-universe-shakeup-warner-bros/
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    'Shazam!' Casts 'It' Star Jack Dylan Grazer as Freddy Freeman

shazam-freddy-freeman-jack-dylan-grazer-1063979.jpg

It looks like Shazam! has just found its newest cast member.

Jack Dylan Grazer is reportedly joining New Line's DC Comics film, according to Deadline. Grazer will play Freddy Freeman, who is described as the "best friend" of Billy Batson (Asher Angel) and "the only person who knows the truth" about Billy's adult alter-ego.

Grazer has experience with New Line, previously starring as Eddie in the record-breaking horror movie It. Grazer is also known for his role on the recently-cancelled CBS sitcom Me, Myself, and I.

In the comics, Freddy is severely injured due to a fight between Shazam and Captain ? , causing Billy to transfer some of his powers to the young boy. Freddy then becomes the hero known as Shazam Jr., and is taken into Billy's foster family.

Freddy's role in Shazam! has been teased for quite some time, with audition tapes for the role making the rounds back in October. While the audition dialogue might not translate completely into the film, it paints Freddy as a "disabled foster kid" with a sense of humor and a love of Superman.

In addition to Grazer and Angel, the film will star Zachary Levi, who will play Billy's adult alter-ego. Other cast members will include Mark Strong as Dr. Sivana, and Annabelle: Creation's Grace Fulton in an undisclosed role.

Shazam! is set to be released in theaters on April 5th, 2019.

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/12/07/shazam-movie-2019-cast-jack-grazer-freddy-freeman/
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Im hyped af for Shazam. So dope that he is finally getting his own film. He hasnt had his own solo series in awhile too in the comics which bums me out. He had his little arc in the back pages of Justice League in the new 52, but i dont think hes had anything since.

Hope they really show off his differences to Superman as well.
  • Broddie
    Options
    I have a feeling my theory on Flashpoint being a DCEU Reboot of sorts may be correct. Articles that there is a big shake up for the films moving forward by WB are coming in.

I mean it's not exactly the most unlikely theory here. We're talking about a story that once it was resolved removed about 10 yrs worth of history from the DCU and ended with a younger Batman thanking Barry Allen.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Yeah but its a theory that hasnt had a published article yet, so if it happens yall just remember "Whoa Lou thought of that back in December, dudes a prophet"
  • Broddie
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I want to see Tawky Tawny. Voiced by Daniel Day Lewis.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Literally every piece on Flashpoint since it was announced flung that theory around lol

It's by nature a story that doesn't leave the DC universe the same way it was in the beginning. Even the Arrowverse adaptation of it shook the hell out of that version of the DCU.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    I read your posts with a very smug voice in my head
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    I believe Shazam will be DC's biggest money maker. It all has all the right things to make money.

-kids
    -action
    -The Rock

Calling it now 800mil movie

I'm hyped about it and Aquaman the most I can't wait
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I believe Shazam will be DC's biggest money maker. It all has all the right things to make money.

-kids
    -action
    -The Rock

which is good but it depends on budget cost vs gross revenue
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol we've been hearing about Flashpoint potentially correcting the DCEU since BVS crashed and burned critically.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »

-kids
    -action
    -The Rock

I'm hyped about it and Aquaman the most I can't wait

I want to see it as well but I don't think it will hit as well as Shazam. Hopefully Aquaman isn't a origin story and goes right into the action

First Look at Jason Momoa in 'Aquaman'

The first look at Jason Momoa as Arthur Curry, also known as the titular hero in the standalone Aquaman film, has been revealed.

The photo was first revealed by EW, showing off Momoa fully covered in the Aquaman tattoos and emerging from a shadowy location, possibly aboard a submarine or ship. After all, this is a character who will be frustrated by how human have treated the earth and its oceans, and nothing about his appearance in this photo looks happy to see what's in front of him.

Check out the photo below.

aquaman-high-res-1064136.jpg

"He really was this outsider and lived on the fringes of society," Momoa told ComicBook.com in an exclusive interivew. "We talked about him just being raised with his father, this blue collar worker. His father was a lighthouse keeper, but I probably worked on oil rigs. I'd be underwater and I could just rip the rig off and just weld."

Momoa says the Aquaman seen in Justice League is really just "a weekend in his life," as the true evolution of the character is to be seen in the origin film.

"And that was when I was alone," Momoa said. "There's people that I would save, that I could save, and there's people that I couldn't. The human side of me is that heartbreak of he couldn't save someone. Not knowing what to with these powers, he was a drinker. He'd just down that emotion. He couldn't ever get that out.

"You're going to see that I really wanted him to be that gruff thing, because he has to become king. If Justice League is like seeing him at his lowest, and not just his lowest, but this loneliness that I wanted about him, so when we get to Aquaman you know why he became that, and how he had been put in that lonely spot.

"And how he has to bring these two worlds together. Because you're going to see this ocean world, which we just pollute, and how do these people feel underwater with what the land does to the ocean. And this war that is going to come between the two, and I'm the only one that can link the two. He has to do it. He doesn't want to do it."

In regards to the tone of the Aquaman movie, Momoa described it as a combination of an origin, an epic battle, and a big road movie.

"In the story, we're going to see a couple different younger versions of me. And even before I was born, so you'll know where my mother came from, Atlantis. We've got to establish seven different kingdoms and the threat," said Momoa.

"Surpassing Justice League, this moment in time is his call to become king. The only thing that can save Atlantis is me fighting my own brother. There's a big battle, and there's an epic [fight]. It's also a big road movie, because we travel all over the world. It's got that Star Wars quality of gigantic ships and guys riding sharks. It's going to be this whole world you've never seen before. You're going to see him start as this guy who probably rides bikes, works on cars. You get to see him this one way as kind of a ? , dark, drunkard, and then turn into this regal king."

Aquaman hits theaters on December 21, 2018.

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/12/07/first-look-jason-momoa-standalone-aquaman-movie/
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We need an Aquaman trilogy.

If those 2nd and 3rd stringers at Marvel can get multi film franchises, they can undo the decades of disrespect Aquaman has gotten.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Only if the execs stay the ? outta the editing room and let Wan and his team really cook during post.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Jon Berg leaving is a good thing. Never seemed like he was really interested in curating the DCEU. They need a fresh and passionate perspective there.
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That pic could have easily been something out of Justice League.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Seeing Aquaflash would be cool
  • matches malone
    matches malone Members Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    is the rock that guaranteed a money maker?

Didnt Baywatch flop terribly?
  • matches malone
    matches malone Members Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    new rumor is that Jon Hamm wants to be Batman. Dude is older than Affleck so I doubt it'll happen. You're not gonna build a trilogy with a guy in his 40s. (although RDJ was 41 so who knows).

Even Gylenhall is 36 now.

I hope that when they do the full reboot of every character they get some kids in their 20s to be the JL, like they did with the xmen.
  • Broddie
    edited December 2017
    Options
    You could totally make a trilogy with an older seasoned Batman and the batfamily. Even without the batfamily. Keaton was around early 40s when he did his dualogy. I just don't think that's what Reeves is into.

Tell you the truth I lost interest the minute they started talking about recasting. Much more interested in Aquaman as well as Wonder Woman and Superman sequels.

I actually thought Gyllenhaal was older than that. Dude has 2 years on me. I never want to see an early 20s JL. It will look like cosplayers not grown superheroes. Wasn't that what people were complaining about with Dr. Miller's Justice League Mortal?
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    You could totally make a trilogy with an older seasoned Batman and the batfamily. Even without the batfamily. Keaton was around early 40s when he did his dualogy. I just don't think that's what Reeves is into.

Tell you the truth I lost interest the minute they started talking about recasting. Much more interested in Aquaman as well as Wonder Woman and Superman sequels.

I actually thought Gyllenhaal was older than that. Dude has 2 years on me. I never want to see an early 20s JL. It will look like cosplayers not grown superheroes. Wasn't that what people were complaining about with Dr. Miller's Justice League Mortal?

At first I was taken back with them going with an older dark knight returns version of Batman but batfleck was dope. I say let him do one or two solo movies then reboot through flash point ad go with a younger bats. The next guy they getfor the role should be around 28 to 37 years old. I what to see movies about a seasoned batman like the Keaton movies where he was doin it for years. We don't need another batman begins everyone knows Bruce Wayne's story. No Jake gyllenhall as batman. He doesn't fit the role to me.
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just wait a decade or so until the kid playing Bruce in Gotham is old enough to take on the cowl lol