Options

Comments

• rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    iron man1 wrote: »
    Cain wrote: »
    Suicide Squad was a good movie till the last 20min. Besfes that I liked the movie

First mistake was not making it R. Second was not having Joker be the main villain and should've had Deathstroke involved.

No need for Deathstroke. Works best as a lone merc. Not a team player. Joker should've been the villain though. Add Bronze Tiger to the sequel.

If joker was the main Gilliam then it would've been assault on arkham all over again.

At first I thought you were referring to the movie director but....

THIW though
  • rip.dilla
    Options
    If the Squad are mercenaries and 'bad guys' hired by the government as disposable how does The Joker become a villain? To whom exactly? He's known as Batman's nemesis and Bats just had a cameo in SS
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    If the Squad are mercenaries and 'bad guys' hired by the government as disposable how does The Joker become a villain? To whom exactly? He's known as Batman's nemesis and Bats just had a cameo in SS

The Joker is a terrorist. He stopped being a local criminal ages ago. Even people's beloved TDK ran with the anarchist/terrorist angle. He is an enemy to everybody. He's shown up in non-Batmam comics raising hell outiside of Gotham.

Hell one of the most popular Batman stories from the 80s has The Joker traveling to the middle east to sell nukes to other terrorist. There are many ways he could've easily been folded into the main villain role in a Suicide Squad movie.
  • rip.dilla
    Options
    Yeah I agree.. Woulda made the movie a bit more interesting

The villain in the movie was ?

• Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The Joker is a terrorist. He stopped being a local criminal ages ago. Even people's beloved TDK ran with the anarchist/terrorist angle. He is an enemy to everybody. He's shown up in non-Batmam comics raising hell outiside of Gotham.

Hell one of the most popular Batman stories from the 80s has The Joker traveling to the middle east to sell nukes to other terrorist. There are many ways he could've easily been folded into the main villain role in a Suicide Squad movie.

In that case why not have them take on a global terrorist network like h.i.v.e or kobra and keep the minor joker role. The problem wasn't his screen time the problem was he wasn't psychotic enough and they changed up the abusive relationship angle between Harley and joker. Joker had his own movie with TDK let that marinate a little while longer until the joker gets the spotlight again.
  • Broddie
    edited December 2017
    Options

In that case why not have them take on a global terrorist network like h.i.v.e or kobra and keep the minor joker role. The problem wasn't his screen time the problem was he wasn't psychotic enough and they changed up the abusive relationship angle between Harley and joker. Joker had his own movie with TDK let that marinate a little while longer until the joker gets the spotlight again.

Because he is a much easier sell than an unknown to the general audience faction.

Honestly I thought he was going to be the villain initially too. It made the most sense and gave Harley (one of the 2 main characters) a greater dilemma to deal with and thus a more complete arc.

I enjoyed what we got for what it was. If anything its the one time I've actually been sold on The Joker/Harley relationship ironically because it was not the battered wife cliche of the cartoon and comics which I've never liked.

Nevertheless it could've and would've been a much better movie if they played it more traditional and grounded and not "epic". The scene in the bar illustrates that potential perfectly. Joker as main villain would've been a great vessel for that type of narrative. Even the director sees it in retrospect.
  • Broddie
    edited December 2017
    Options
    "There's gotta be a window around here somewhere"

Lmfao
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    joker shoulda already had or been filming a orgin of joker they need to bring him to the big screen already
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
  • rip.dilla
    Options
    joker shoulda already had or been filming a orgin of joker they need to bring him to the big screen already

I read recently Scorsese working on that as a producer... I dunno if it'll be a DC production though
  • Broddie
    edited December 2017
    Options

I read recently Scorsese working on that as a producer... I dunno if it'll be a DC production though

Of course it will. I think you meant to say DCEU and no it won't be. It's an elseworlds.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elseworlds
  • OGDirtyDee
    OGDirtyDee Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    until DC gets they ? together we should lock this ?
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Star Wars is out it's over for this ?
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruh
  • Broddie
    Options
    I mean I immediately recognized them as Hawk & Dove so it's not that bad. That wig though.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Those uniforms are very accurate to the comics..it the googles that look cheesy to me

28a16br.jpg

11v1xyh.jpg

• Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I mean I immediately recognized them as Hawk & Dove so it's not that bad. That wig though.

It looks good for as far as TV goes so I have no complaints. Since the show is called Titans shouldn't ? Grayson be night wing instead of Robin?
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This thread jumping
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    edited December 2017
    Options
    lol, bet this makes you DC ? feel better bout yourself.

i like J/L enough but Last Jedi is miiiiiiiiles better than it.
  • Broddie
    Options
    I had to throw them a bone.

Still haven't seen JL nor will I ever see TLJ. I have no dog in this race.
  • matches malone
    matches malone Members Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

looks similar to falcons suit plus goggles. I like it just fine.
  • Agrv2385
    Agrv2385 Members Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »

this post achieved what exactly? good for you lil ? , you have an opinion. *claps hands*
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Agrv2385 wrote: »
    fortyacres wrote: »

this post achieved what exactly? good for you lil ? , you have an opinion. *claps hands*

lol *triggered*