The Official Good Kid, m.A.A.d. City Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    nj2089 wrote: »

Worked for me. Just all of them in the studio listening to "? Dant ? My Vibe"
  • YoungChamp
    YoungChamp Members Posts: 298 ✭✭
    Options
    After a few Spins, It's an 3.5/5 album, the album is filled with a narrative story most young cats in the inner city can relate to. From Getting Set-up on Sherane, To Your Peer's Influence on The Art Of Peer Pressure, To Encounters with Gangs Left and Right on Good Kid, and MAAD City (which He Snapped On). Sing About Me,Im Dying Of Thrist deserves all the hype surrounding it, One of the realest songs Ive heard in a while. And Hey He Even has A commercial Hit Thanks To Sampling Janet Jackson On the Poetic Justice Track, which doesnt sound forced at all. The Production is there also My New Fav song Just Might be (? Dont ? My Vibe). But it does come with Flaws: BackSeat Freestyle couldve been left off or had some better lyrics. In a Day where Few albums are worth Buying, Good Kid Maad City IS WORTH EVERY DOLLAR, KENDRICK STAYED TRUE TO HIMSELF. NOT A CLASSIC BUT ALMOST THERE. AND FOR THE RECORD, NO ITS NOT BETTER THAN SECTION 80, BUT ITS GOOD HE DIDNT DUPLICATE IT AND MADE SOMETHING ORIGINAL. The Interludes after every track make it feel like a movie,felt like i was right there with along his journey.
  • AdidasWun
    AdidasWun Members Posts: 443
    Options
    This album is on repeat
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    H2O Gates wrote: »
    chiyosuke wrote: »
    DNB1 wrote: »
    Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst...

^^serious track..

I love how he ends the 2nd verse with Keisha's sister. When she says "I'll prolly live longer than you and never fade away..." And the verse slowly fades out... Genius. I love when artists pay attention to the details.

Yea, that ? was sick. Another way I interpretted that part was him blocking out her talkin because it was neverending ? she was spoutin (defending ? she knows is wrong). At least, I woulda tuned her out eventually.

I can see that as an interpretation too.

I just looked at it like it was in conjunction with the first verse, and how that ending was so abrupt. Whereas the second verse was a way of saying she was dying a slow death and she didn't even know it.

Regardless, any album that has multiple interpretations and has me engaging in stimulating conversation is more than worth my money.

I was thinking that too, but Kiesha's sister is still alive right. Kendrick doesn't really come off as a petty dude to me. I mean how ? up and disrespectful would it be if he PREDICTS her death on wax. Although she told him not to mention and he still did. lol K Dot is a crafty lil muthafucka
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruh, Id prolly be star struck as ? If I was in the studio with Dre and 3000

no ? ? lol

Lol cosign

(off topic) Do you know when the mobile reactions are comin back?
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    No idea man, Admin works when they feel like it smh
  • AdidasWun
    Options
    nycdiesel wrote: »
    The album is so ill, kendrick did it. Definitely picking up a copy

Gonna pick up 2 copies really wanna see Kendrick succeed his music is great
  • MrCrookedLetter
    Options

Them ? WEAK for that ? ....

Don't ban me lol
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    edited October 2012
    Options

Them ? WEAK for that ? ....

Don't ban me lol

*mobile lol*

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    *patiently waits for the Dr. Dre produced Kendrick x Andre 3000 song*
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've been listening to this album non stop since it leaked, this must be the first time i might use the term "instant classic", but hell, it is. i can see what ? are going to say "well, nobody wants to pull out a dictionary in the club to listen to this" or "well, its a good album but it aint gonna sell", ? that ? ? , Kendrick just dropped the stronger contender for album of the year so far, everytime i listen to it i like it even more. i feel bad for anyone who listens to this and just cant get into the music, wonder what type of music would they consider superior, cause for what its worth it i doubt there's any hip hop that came out recently thats better than this.
    Best debut album in a long ? time. ? sales, and ? a hater.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If anything I think the verse on "m.A.A.d. city" after the beat change is him on dust - the way his voice is all high and twitchy.

"this voice here is golden
    so ? yall, i goes in"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSX2oGUNgN8
  • briangx2008
    briangx2008 Members Posts: 3
    Options
    Wait, in the movie house party, wasn't the project girl name Sherane?

You know the classic movie house party with kid and play. In the movie guys were scared to go to sheranes house because she lived in a bad neighborhood.

Didn't kendrick meet sherane at a house party?

I wonder if that was a intended metaphor or a big coincidence.
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

no ? ? lol

Lol cosign

My mobile reactions work. HTC Rezound...

• AdidasWun
    Options
    I've been listening to this album non stop since it leaked, this must be the first time i might use the term "instant classic", but hell, it is. i can see what ? are going to say "well, nobody wants to pull out a dictionary in the club to listen to this" or "well, its a good album but it aint gonna sell", ? that ? ? , Kendrick just dropped the stronger contender for album of the year so far, everytime i listen to it i like it even more. i feel bad for anyone who listens to this and just cant get into the music, wonder what type of music would they consider superior, cause for what its worth it i doubt there's any hip hop that came out recently thats better than this.
    Best debut album in a long ? time. ? sales, and ? a hater.

To be honest when people rap about personal issues, life issues, express emotions like Kendrick did don't say anything like that up they don't wanna pick up a dictionary

A lotta people appreciate personal type of Lyrics that a regular person can relate to
  • MrCrookedLetter
    Options

no ? ? lol

Lol cosign

How so? You paying off Admins?
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    edited October 2012
    Options
    After listenin to the album in its entirety , idk why people still cant understand why backseat freestyle was on the album. The album was a short film, at that part of the story he was out with his ? in the whip kickin a freestyle , it starts with his boy like ¨bring the instrumentals¨ ,which leads to ¨peer pressure¨ which is a story inside of the story about him out with his ? ,So next time u listen to it , listen to it as if u was out with ur ? kickin a cypha, and da ? murked da beat... U gotta listen to the album like a story , not a typical album.
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kendrick made a movie for real
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm listening to this album for like the 7th time and I'm finally getting it
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options
    Wait, in the movie house party, wasn't the project girl name Sherane?

You know the classic movie house party with kid and play. In the movie guys were scared to go to sheranes house because she lived in a bad neighborhood.

Didn't kendrick meet sherane at a house party?

I wonder if that was a intended metaphor or a big coincidence.

Yea I caught that as well, had me wondering was this chick real or did he find one of the most hood names in the book/blatant reference to make a statement? Sherane in House Party wasn't setting ? up though...
  • young_belvi
    young_belvi Members Posts: 732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    GKMC is dope! Love the whole vibe of it...All the bickering in this thread makes me remember how slept on I thought "The Dreamer/The Believer" was/is. Common's best work in my humble opinion. Love both albums though.
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I need to stop visiting this thread b4 I listen to the whole album
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

no ? ? lol

Lol cosign

They don't show up initially, but when I just touch a post, they pop up.

• MrCrookedLetter
    Options

no ? ? lol

Lol cosign

They don't show up initially, but when I just touch a post, they pop up.

oh wrd, well i dont have that happenin for me, might as well wait for the adims
This discussion has been closed.