Options

Comments

• Drew_Ali
    Drew_Ali Members Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    ohhhla wrote: »
    So, how were we created???

Even if you did disprove Evolution, doesn't mean we were created.

LOL......

U have a new theory???????

• Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drew_Ali wrote: »
    So how does this involve the article in the first post of this thread?
    This thread was established for the sole purpose of "debunking" or "proving" that the theory of evolution is bogus......

And the engine of scientific racism................

I believe that this is a G&S topic........

But will move to the R&R in a few days.............

I will be compiling evidence here that sheds doubt on evolution and Darwinism......
    I see.

So you are arguing against specific theories of how biological evolution rather than arguing against the fact the biological evolution occurs?

In the first instance, I am arguing that new research has shown that previous evolutionary theories were incorrect and have to be rewritten.......
    http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/80beats/?p=42382&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=pulsenews#.USlPyWdnCSo

The second illustrates that the "Tree of Life" accepted by many scientists.........

Has now been shown to be an "antiquated" system of describing life-systems.......
    http://postbiota.org/pipermail/tt/2009-February/004416.html
    I see. I thought you were trying to "debunk" biological evolution.

I am.....

You know what's going on here..............
    But you're only arguing against theories that attempt to explain how/why biological evolution occurs.

You're not arguing that biological evolution does not occur, right?

This is where we get into semantics............

Biological evolution as it describes change over time exists and cannot be debunked........

However......

Biological evolution as describing how one species can evolve into many is horseshit.........

And will be debunked in this thread.........
    So you disagree with the definition of "speciation"?

Yes.....
    I see.

If that's the case, I have nothing to contribute here; since I prefer using words as defined.
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

LOL......

I'm using reasons.

You doing a false dichotomy right now.

I asked you how did we get here and you said we were created.

I asked how and you resort to saying it's none of my business.

Basically I have to be gullible to believe that ? and go on faith.

When Evolution has tons of tons of tons of evidence.

You're doing this to push your beliefs and gullibility on others.

Too bad it ain't work.
  • Drew_Ali
    Options
    This thread was established for the sole purpose of "debunking" or "proving" that the theory of evolution is bogus......

I will be compiling evidence here that sheds doubt on evolution and Darwinism......
    I see.

So you are arguing against specific theories of how biological evolution rather than arguing against the fact the biological evolution occurs?

In the first instance, I am arguing that new research has shown that previous evolutionary theories were incorrect and have to be rewritten.......
    http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/80beats/?p=42382&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=pulsenews#.USlPyWdnCSo

The second illustrates that the "Tree of Life" accepted by many scientists.........

Has now been shown to be an "antiquated" system of describing life-systems.......

I am.....

But you're only arguing against theories that attempt to explain how/why biological evolution occurs.

Biological evolution as it describes change over time exists and cannot be debunked........

However......

Biological evolution as describing how one species can evolve into many is horseshit.........

Yes.....
    I see.

If that's the case, I have nothing to contribute here; since I prefer using words as defined.

Surely you can contribute....

We have been down this road before tho'.......

Diane Dodd's fruit fly experiment.........

Any more conclusive "examples" of speciation besides Drosophilia or Darwin's finches???????

• Drew_Ali
    edited February 2013
    Options

LOL......

I'm using reasons.

You doing a false dichotomy right now.

I asked you how did we get here and you said we were created.

I asked how and you resort to saying it's none of my business.

Basically I have to be gullible to believe that ? and go on faith.

When Evolution has tons of tons of tons of evidence.

You're doing this to push your beliefs and gullibility on others.

Too bad it ain't work.
    He thinks because we've never witness something

It doesn't exist

The irony.........
  • ohhhla
    Options
    I'm don't do faith, Bambu's doppelganger.

You do.
  • Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I see.

I am.....

However......

Yes.....
    I see.

Surely you can contribute....

We have been down this road before tho'.......

Diane Dodd's fruit fly experiment.........

Any more conclusive "examples" of speciation besides Drosophilia or Darwin's finches???????
    It's a fruitless effort if we have differing definitions for "speciation".
  • Drew_Ali
    edited February 2013
    Options
    @ohhhla ...... Et.al

I have no intentions of indoctrinating anyone into my "religion" or belief system.......

Again.....

This thread was created for scientific discussion
  • ohhhla
    Options
    You cant believe in ? and evolution and be a good Muslim, Jew, Christian, Buddhist in the strictest adherence of the word. Because it says that ? created us in these religions, not that we evolved. If you believe in evolution it contradict your religious beliefs, so why believe in ? ?

This is sheer stupidity.

They're Christian, Muslims, Jews and etc who accept evolution.

For example: Kai is Muslim who accept evolution as fact.

Zombie accept evolution and he's a Christian.
  • ohhhla
    Options
    @ohhhla ...... Et.al

I have no intentions of indoctrinating anyone into my "religion" or belief system.......

Again.....

No, it isn't.

Not if it was about Climate changes, I would took this seriously.
  • Drew_Ali
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    You cant believe in ? and evolution and be a good Muslim, Jew, Christian, Buddhist in the strictest adherence of the word. Because it says that ? created us in these religions, not that we evolved. If you believe in evolution it contradict your religious beliefs, so why believe in ? ?

so you don't understand science or other religions. or are you some sort of theological and scientific expert.

I am....
  • Drew_Ali
    Options
    @ohhhla ...... Et.al

Again.....

No, it isn't.

Not if it was about Climate changes, I would took this seriously.

Review the op and try again.......
  • Drew_Ali
    edited February 2013
    Options

so you don't understand science or other religions. or are you some sort of theological and scientific expert.

I am....

really? what degrees do you hold in those fields?

Bachelors ~ History

Masters ~ Anthropology

doctorate~ In progress...........

No internet University.......

All nationally accredited State Universities..............

• ohhhla
    Options
    Looks like Bambu letting in her personal beliefs getting in his way of reality.

No, biggie, it happens.
  • Drew_Ali
    Options

No, biggie, it happens.

Again ? ......

Reply to evidence........

Or continue to troll.......

• ohhhla
    Options

No, biggie, it happens.

Again ? ......

Reply to evidence........

Or continue to troll.......

Go look the ? up.

Oceanic beat you long time ago with this debate.
  • Drew_Ali
    edited February 2013
    Options
    LOL....

My friend is on a vacation.......

However @Oceanic could never ? with me my ? ...........

The threads that he has been ethered in are about 5 now............

• The True Flesh
    The True Flesh Members Posts: 466 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    Go get yourself a microscope. Look at bacteria. Watch it evolve. Disprove your own ? assumptions. Apologize for wasting everyone's time.

I have a degree in Marketing. But I'm not going to say t he Executives at APPLE "were wrong" in how they marketed the ? iPOD. Why? It would be stupid as the evidence clearly shows they did a good ? job marketing the iPOD.

I like how you attack Darwin's EVIDENCE yet we are supposed to just take your word for it you're qualified to speak on this subject. ? show us your degree. Show us the receipts!

Secondly, Darwin's theory was among the first of it's kind. He didn't have the technology we have today so of course there are going to be discrepancies. HOWEVER, his core principle was absolutely correct. LIVING BEINGS EVOLVE. Simple as that. It's common knowledge. Nobody has time to wait for you ? to catch up to the ? 21st Century. Believe your nonsense in another ? time period. And say hello to Kunte Kente and Chicken George and tell that ? Kizzy to comb her gotdamn hair. Cuz thats how far you'd have to go to find somebody with an IQ over 125 to believe evolution is somehow a hoax.

There is no legitimate debate. A legitimate debate is when both sides have good points. Anti-Evolution side doesnt pass the "really ? ?" test. A ? magical Jew who impregnated his own Mother and killed himself but never died yet rose from the death in 3 days (even though Gods never die) created animals in less than a day. REALLY ? ?

Evolution was wrong? Even though there's both skeletal remains. MITOCHONDRIAL DNA from our ancestors and fossils that have been carbon dated for accuracy? REALLY ? ?!

If you are over the age of 12 and you think a woman was created from a man's rib when you yourself came out of a ? woman you need to beat the living ? out of yourself.

Once again here is the anti-Evolution side in a nutshell: "IM TOO STUPID TO UNDERSTAND SCIENCE SO I BELIEVE IN MAGICAL-NESS."
    Sheepspeak
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is sheer stupidity.

It says that we were CREATED in the image of ? . Not that we EVOLVED into the image of ? . And @kai my study is psychology with a concentration in abnormal psychology. Never said I was an expert on religion. These are just my opinions. I say do whatever makes you happy as long as your not hurting anyone else.

What is the image of ? ? what is ? ? how do you define that ? and how does this relate to our being and existence ? religions expound on these questions but usually deal with these things in a metaphysical way and gives you metaphysical anwers. evolution only gives you physical answers. we were created in the image of ? but how? evolution is just a possible answer to the " how".
  • ohhhla
    Options

This is sheer stupidity.

It says that we were CREATED in the image of ? . Not that we EVOLVED into the image of ? . And @kai my study is psychology with a concentration in abnormal psychology. Never said I was an expert on religion. These are just my opinions. I say do whatever makes you happy as long as your not hurting anyone else.

Psychology is "broscience"

It's not observable or testable like Evolution,physics and etc.
  • Drew_Ali
    edited February 2013
    Options

This is sheer stupidity.

Psychology is "broscience"

It's not observable or testable like Evolution,physics and etc.

LOL.....

What have you studied???????

formal studies????
  • Premeer
    Premeer Members Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sooooooo........ are atheists still believing scientific theories that changes every few months? they swear every theory is real, but yet, every theory gets debunked every few months for a new 1, to get debunked in another few months....

a "wise" man would be a fool to believe something that is ever changing in "theory".

/thread
  • Drew_Ali
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Ahhh where was I ????

Oh Yes...........

New_Scientist_cover.jpg

"The tree of life (TOL), as an organizing metaphor and concept, has been greatly challenged by the discovery of extensive horizontal gene transfer. While various attempts have been made to preserve the traditional TOL, other efforts are now focused on phylogenetic analysis and evolutionary reconstruction beyond the TOL. The articles in this special thematic series of Biology Direct demonstrate methodologically and conceptually new and constructive ways of working with and thinking about the TOL and its phylogenetic legacy. Whether these approaches modify or ultimately reject the TOL, they show the wealth of insight gained by thinking beyond a central icon of evolutionary biology."
    http://www.biology-direct.com/series/tree_of_life

Early evolution without a tree of life?????

Life is a chemical reaction. Three major transitions in early evolution are considered without recourse to a tree of life. The origin of prokaryotes required a steady supply of energy and electrons, probably in the form of molecular hydrogen stemming from serpentinization. Microbial genome evolution is not a treelike process because of lateral gene transfer and the endosymbiotic origins of organelles. The lack of true intermediates in the prokaryote-to-eukaryote transition has a bioenergetic cause.

This article was reviewed by Dan Graur, W. Ford Doolittle, Eugene V. Koonin and Christophe Malaterre.
    http://www.biology-direct.com/content/6/1/36

• blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    100 Prime wrote: »
    Humans are apes, have been and always will be.

You gotta do your research.

Evolution is vast and difficult topic.

I can't sit there and tell you from 500 millions ago to the presents.

You know many species they are and were???

ok.. so where did all this life on this earth from man, animals, to plants, trees, etc., come from?

and dont you find it funny that everything in and on this earth is linked and needed eachother to live here? like if bee's, for instance, went extinct; life would drastically change.

us as humans, even the earth, need every animal that is here to maintain the earth.

almost like everything that is here, is 'meant' to be here, right? cuz if it has no reason, then it wouldnt be here, no?

so how does everything here perfectly fit together, by accident?

Going to continue reading thread, but just thought id coment on this here.

If everything on earth perfectly fit togethee, there wouldnt be extinct species. Do you know what percentage of species throughout earths history are extinct?

Educate yourself.
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh yeah and lol and smh at "natural selection" and "evolution" not being smart enough to stop species from dying, but yet smart enough to evolve a human being.

wtf-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-2521.gif
    More wtf here

Somehow "evolution" and "natural selection" can will atoms into motion which gave birth to an untold number of species, but yet "evolution" and "natural selection" wasn't smart enough to stop the process of aging and death? Like for real?

lol669.gif
    More lol here

A combination of atoms, motion, time, and chance has fashioned everything that we currently have, but yet "evolution" and "natural selection" couldn't figure out how to stop death?

kirk_rofl_lol_gif.gif
    More lol here

WOW!!!

If death stopped life would have to stop. The earth only has so much space and resources.

More people=more competition and more violence fighting over resources=more DEATHS.

Death and life are tied together. Everything that starts must end nothing is infinite.