Outrage Growing As Petition Demanding Rawse to Be Dropped From Reebok Started By Women's Group

Options

Comments

• Iceberg Slick
    Iceberg Slick Members Posts: 784 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I aint a Ross fan cuz he took a real West coast ? 's persona and ran with while avoiding paying his street taxes or dues but errybody need equal treatment and scrutiny. I just heard that Em joint this weekend with Nate and he talmbout the same exact thing slipping molly or ecstasy in a ? 's drink. Nobody said anything or gave a ? then and I did hear the joint on the radio back in the day it was a successful single. Someone else mentioned Bob Dylan too. Just cuz ? think he a hood ? or he portray one they gotta call him out on it. I know if this ? stopped frontin rapped about the same subject except kept it real and said he was a fat ugly CO who got no game so he gotta drug ? on the weekend ? would give him a pass cuz he aint no "hoodlum" but a "law abiding" CO non threatening ass ? . In the end slipping molly in a ? drink mean yeen got no game and is wrong cuz the best pimpin is consensual and making ? do crazy ? for you is much more fun when she knowingly breaking herself for you. Errybody need to be called out on it like Em too.
  • mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Forget the bs. I hope he keeps that Reebok endorsement even though I ain't too much a fan of cops.......

But this here is crying over spilled milk.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think the line is wack and spit with a weak delivery... as far as content I heard worse...dude shouldve been smart/savvy enough to defend it or come correct with a statement.
  • Iceberg Slick
    Options
    If Em aint apologize this ? aint gotta apologize. The only thing ? should apologize for is frontin and stealing Freeway's persona. These ugly ass ? should shut the ? up. They aint even gotta worry cuz they aint never gonna get ? in their lifetimes.
  • nycdiesel
    nycdiesel Members Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Molly dont be putting these hoes to sleep. Why do you think them pop em like tic tacs.
  • Iceberg Slick
    Options
    Word I aint even seen a ? get sleepy on molly unless its hydrocodone or xannies passed off as molly. Molly aint GHB.
  • Iceberg Slick
    Options
    Molly aint a ? drug and the only thing Ross and Em did wrong was being sneaky with that ? instead of telling a ? to pay for the mollies you got.
  • Heracy
    Heracy Members Posts: 8
    Options
    It was probably at the very least the most irresponsible thing he's ever said, and I hope it's not indeed true. ? is worse then death. The song should be pulled, but it's up to Clear Channel and American Broadcasting to do the right thing on that. ? is ridiculous.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    mrrealone wrote: »
    Its not even that serious.

Exactly what is ? culture and where did it start?? I guess us blacks have a "Jordan culture", "Timberland culture", "gun culture", "box chevy culture", had a "Girbaud culture" when they were in style, and etc just cause hip hop artists rap about it??.. H3ll outta hear w/ all that....

All I know is this....
    Kobe accused of ? and all endorsements gone.

Ben Roethlisberger repeatedly actually rapes ? and he loses nothing, no petitions, no demeaning signs at games for years, none of that ? .

Maybe the culture of ? they speak of is our culture.

Like my dude said, Bob Dylan was never met with opposition over a whole song about ? but Ross spit a few bars and ober 50,000 insecure white ? sign a petition against him. Be clear and fair across the board.

There is truth in your post without a doubt. But..........Why can't we (blacks) be better? Why mimic what whites do?
    Are you saying because, they choose to poison their own we should too?

Really?!?!

So unfair punishment/scrutiny based on race is okay because we should be better than white people? Ill give you a chance to take that back b. You know that's some ? .

No in fact it isn't ? and I don't back track on the truth. I agreed there is truth to your statements in regards to racial bias. However, this bias doesn't give us a green light to do the same and then say well so and so did it so,I should too.

I would think you were taught better. This isn't rocket science or religious dogma. I am almost certain some one has taught you to be the bigger person, not be a follower and strive for better.

And for the record you didn't answer any of my questions.

I am not saying that we should do it BECAUSE they do it fam. I am saying that everybody does it and should be equally scrutinized. You can't be outraged when a black man does something and okay with it when white folks do it ....that's racist.

It matters not who is scrutinized more. What matters is, the decision making. If, RR made better decisions in this matter he wouldn't be scrutinized. And for a man of his age to make such a bone headed blunder deserves whatever comes his way.

You call it racists. I call it policing our own so, that the younger generation doesn't view their elders negative actions as acceptable.

• thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    em rapped about ? people in a fake ? whiteboy persona just like all those other ? horrorcore rappers and ? .
    Ross made a line about ? in a very real context on a song
    two completely different things and yeah his bs apology is on the outs what he needs to do is just say he spit some dumb ? and cop to it.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    So let me get this str8....

According to the IC its okay to talk about ? as long as its said "a certain way"?

Lol, I see so many capes.

Cmon fam, it aint just the IC its irl too. Nggas are not stupid:

We know the difference between obvious sensationalism/BS in lyrics vs. A ngga tellin you something he did/does in real life.

you prolly think he knowns noriega too.The real noriega!
  • ClemsonKUjayhawks215
    ClemsonKUjayhawks215 Members Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Women are the reason we ? up in the hood anyway...its NOT republicans, government or white people... IF women choose educated men who was actually doing something with their lives and had good qualities as opposed to BEING ATTRACTED to losers, dudes who hustle,dudes who beat them, dudes who got 4 babymoms the hood would CHANGE DRAMATICALLY in 7 years
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Following on the heels of a week of controversy over Reebok's silence on their spokesman Rick Ross' new song in which he brags about drugging and ? a woman, UltraViolet members are planning to deliver 71,763+ petitions to the company's flagship NYC store demanding the company fire him. The Reebok spokesman's response that in not using the word "? " he is off the hook has only escalated complaints that he does not fit Reebok's image. What: Delivery of 71,763 signatures to Reebok demanding the company drop Rick Ross. Who: Dozens of concerned athletes, moms, and UltraViolet members. Where: Reebok's flagship NYC store, 420 5th Ave, NYC When: 2pm, Thursday, April 4th ** Visuals: Dozens of women in running gear with marathon style bibs featuring the number 71,763, boxes of 71,763 petitions, and signs reading "Hey Reebok-- Want my business? Stop promoting ? . Drop Rick Ross."
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    A WHOLE lot of hate in this thread. And females don't listen to rap because its not made for us and when it is its u typical sappy ass love song.

U know very well that most popular rap appeals to women and women are the major consumers of popular rap.

Lets emphasize WOMEN and not ? or the Ratchets.

Most Women I know don't even listen to Rap like that. They listen to older R&B and maybe Older Rap. But the music they make now doesn't appeal to no one. Its just the only thing that's convenient.

naw I disagree.... u go to the club and they shaking they ass to degrading songs...all the ? music was made for women.... ? dont ride around bumpin shake ur ass ? and let me see what u got?.....
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Muhannad X wrote: »
    Not sure if you're trolling or just dense but Jigga's line went with the theme of the song, while Rozay's line actually depicted acts of a ? .

homie listen to what u just said/implied.... Jays ? line is ok cuz it went with the them of the song lol ? that ima be ignant right now.... Ross's line went with the theme of Rockos song too cuz she aint know it... seriously tho the hypocrisy of what u just said was very telling
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    f#ck the non-sense!
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    selective outrage. ? hypocrites.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    None of these people scrutinizing Tyga in his thread.. wonder why... oh ya what dude above me said...
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If u sympotihzing with William ? ya life

Fire, ban, then incarcirate the 400 pound phony
  • CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wow, smh. Every time something of this nature happens rap fans use that "he/she did it too". Y'all been using that for more than 20 years, so is there a single rapper that y'all ever gonna say was wrong or should take responsibility? I get why ppl say it and sometimes it's accurate, ie. when they blamed Manson or rappers for Columbine, but how can you use that same ol' tiredsome argument they've been using since the 80's now and for cases like this? What about the actual ? they said? I don't see none of that in these arguments. All y'all doing is re-directing the pointed finger, but again, what about the actual point about his lyrics?

This is a reason rappers feel they can say and do what they want to because there's always a crowd that's gonna argue just to argue while thinking they're really saying something.

Ppl bring up Eminem, DMX and countless others. Do y'all even know how much ? Eminem went through? Women groups, ? and the whole 9 were after his head since he first came out. That is why he tried to clean it up with that Grammy's performance with Elton John. But say they didn't go after them or say y'all just didn't hear them go after them why would that matter? What about the actual point, you know, the ? lyrics in the songs and how it effects ppl listening? Or are y'all just gonna debate about who said what and who is more wrong every time?

Same thing with DMX too. First of all, that ? lyric was a part of the story in the song. That wasn't what Ross was doing let's be honest. Either way X got the same criticism bcuz of that. When he got the ? case in 1998 the media and ppl immediately wanted the judge to throw him the book. His situation was almost identical to Snoop and his "Murder Was The Case" irony.
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Women are the reason we ? up in the hood anyway...its NOT republicans, government or white people... IF women choose educated men who was actually doing something with their lives and had good qualities as opposed to BEING ATTRACTED to losers, dudes who hustle,dudes who beat them, dudes who got 4 babymoms the hood would CHANGE DRAMATICALLY in 7 years

yup. That is why you got so many older dudes still trend-riding and acting immature, cause of ? . Why else you have so many fake thugs and simp ass ? wearing the latest (feminine) clothes? Cause of ? . This is what happens when the game is understood by few dudes and leave the majority in the dark, thus giving the thugs/bums/ low ambitious hustlas all the social power and attention.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

You do realize ? got a choice who they ? and skeet in too right?
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

You do realize ? got a choice who they ? and skeet in too right?

you mean the ones that grew up in a single mother household that was taught to do everything to cater to women? The same ones that the male elders intentionally refuse to drop game due to a fear of competition of "getting hoes" from them? The same ones that never value long term consequences? ? is deeper than you think.