Does anyone get annoyed by how small these boxers are?

Options
bow to royalty
bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
Floyd's a great fighter and all, but he fights at 147 or sumthin? That's like how big I was in middle school. Sometimes I forget how small he is, cuz he's fightin another guy just as small. But Floyd's small enough that if he got disrespectful I'd consider fightin him (may not turn out good for me, but whatever). Don't you miss seein heavyweights fighting...2 big ? tryna knock each other's heads off?

Comments

• Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i be thinkin bout that ? to..a ? 6'1 185 and pbf 5'8 147 i could prolly take him but them ? are trainedand conditioned to fight .
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i get more annoyed at the heavyweights who are fat and slow and can only throw a few punches per round.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    shitman..you dont see it??? you cant see me catchin money witta quick left uppercutt, i know i could take a couple of his punches cuz from the looks of he he dont hit that hard.
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I miss the heavy weights too.

Most of all don't like the Euro takeover in the higher weight classes.
  • Darius
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i don't think there is a person outside of the sport who could dodge adn withstand a punch from Manny, much less mayweather. Now Roy Jones, you may have a shot
  • d.green
    edited May 2010
    Options
    By the way....don't ever run up on a good boxer or wrestler (NCAA type wrestling) in the streets.....highly likely it will not go the way u want.

Well...actually don't run up on a WWE wrestler or MMA dude either.
  • Darius
    edited May 2010
    Options
    yeah, heavyweights falling off and the 15 different titles they can hold ruined the mainstream appeal of boxing. And they throw these scrubs and the Klitchkos and damn i swear Lennox Lewis is the worst fighter i've ever seen retain a belt. But i'd still rather watch a mayweather pacqiaou fight over Tyson/Holyfield in their primes.

and i wonder if MMA would even be relevant had boxing not fallen off.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited May 2010
    Options
    doubletee wrote: »
    shitman..you dont see it??? you cant see me catchin money witta quick left uppercutt, i know i could take a couple of his punches cuz from the looks of he he dont hit that hard.

lol...that ? is hitting another trained fighter, who's also trained to TAKE punches as well as give them, and you're tryna compare that to somebody who isn't a boxer...if PBF hit you most without his gloves on he'd knock you the ? out
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    d.green wrote: »
    By the way....don't ever run up on a good boxer or wrestler (NCAA type wrestling).....highly likely it will not go the way u want.

Well...actually don't run up on a WWE wrestler or MMA dude either.

Exactly. All these guys do all day is train on how to ? a person up. Their reflexes is off the chain. The moment u make one single mistake, u are screwed.
  • d.green
    edited May 2010
    Options
    LOL @ dudes thinking they can mess with one of these dudes and then tapout or throw in the towel once it gets hectic.
    There's no refs or bell to save you in the streets.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    lol...that ? is hitting another trained fighter, who's also trained to TAKE punches as well as give them, and you're tryna compare that to somebody who isn't a boxer...if PBF hit you most without his gloves on he'd knock you the ? out

Pretty much.. and he be able to see your punches like you are throwing them in the pool..... and people weight classes ever heard of them..

Boxing is a discipline.. street fighting is not.. you try that ? .. lol see what happens
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    doubletee wrote: »

lol thats what this guy thought too
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    smh at these jockey size ? fighting, i know ? who weigh more than these ? .
  • bow to royalty
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I'd say a bigger dude has a legit chance of beatin up Floyd. Not outboxin him, but if u can grip that mother ? and get em on the ground, he ain't gonna roll u or no ? . If u get on em, u can beat his ass. That's y boxers aren't gonna go into the UFC n start fitin dudes
  • radaman
    radaman Members Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    What always trips me out is how the announcers are always like "he's a huge man, look at the size advantage he has over him!" I'm like ? are you serious? One dude is 146, the other is 147... Them ? is shrimps... I wouldn't wanna fight them ? tho lol and I outweigh em by about 50 lbs...
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    radaman wrote: »
    What always trips me out is how the announcers are always like "he's a huge man, look at the size advantage he has over him!" I'm like ? are you serious? One dude is 146, the other is 147... Them ? is shrimps... I wouldn't wanna fight them ? tho lol and I outweigh em by about 50 lbs...

When they say that they are talking about dudes body structure.. and his walk around weight.. or what they started their professional career at
  • [Trillmatic]
    [Trillmatic] Members Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    lol @ ? really considering fightin floyd on sum street ? hahaha...he'll knock yaw ? the ? out then go buy a new watch.
  • iAMNOVA
    iAMNOVA Members Posts: 2,493 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    lmao...when i started boxing...at this gym in Durham NC...the head trainer would regularly invite random ? off the streets to spar...lmao...that ? nvr ended up good for them not once...? would be winded in the first 30 sec...? ? me with that ? ...like ? we fight each and everyday...we're in here getting our ? whipped...smaller fighters have to spar heavier fighters and vice versa just so u can get used to fighting someone who's bigger,stronger, and can take ur best punch...and big ? can get used to fighting someone who's faster more elusive and has to think moe about his movements...i been training as a fight for pretty much as long as i can remember and been competing in different styles since i was about 13 and have yet to see a ? stand a chance against me in the streets...and the highest lvl i've ever competed at was semi-pro MMA....so i know ? arent trying to see the best of best world champions...yall ? clowning...lol
  • goat334
    goat334 Members Posts: 3,604 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    i get more annoyed at the heavyweights who are fat and slow and can only throw a few punches per round.

Co-sign.....don't want to see 2 big grown men Hugging on each other all night.......

HeavyWeights ain't been hitting on ? since Mike Tyson glory days....
  • iAMNOVA
    iAMNOVA Members Posts: 2,493 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    goat334 wrote: »
    Co-sign.....don't want to see 2 big grown men Hugging on each other all night.......

HeayWeights ain't been hitting on ? since Mike Tyson glory days....

quoted for trillness
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    lol one of you ? sayin you can hold your own needs to catch mayweather out and about, run up on him and youtube the results
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    matt- wrote: »

real Talk......who the ? wants to see

Arreola vs Butterbean in the battle of the bullge
  • bow to royalty
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Givin mayweather too much credit here. Ya'll wouldn't be afraid of a 147 pound wrestler, and IMO that's more dangerous than a 147 pound boxer.
  • radaman
    radaman Members Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ? Shitman wrote: »
    lol one of you ? sayin you can hold your own needs to catch mayweather out and about, run up on him and youtube the results

Did you see Floyds 7 big ass bodyguards??? Lol Floyd ain't fightin nobody for free...