19 Year Girl Shotgunned In The Head While Asking For Help

Options

Comments

• Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The girl was young, car broken down, in a unfamiliar place so she probably panicked and knocked on this ? 's door for help. I cannot see any grey area that a defense lawyer can come up with to justify pulling a shotgun, shooting this unarmed young girl, and shooting for her head of all places. It is not often that I agree with AJACkson, but we have been undergoing the most supported genocide in the history of man, this story is 1 of many that are untold. For every story that makes the news, 100 others don't.

• stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep6rCqmRQTQ

At first I assumed a ? ass ? killed this innocent female based on the general details of story.. But now after seeing this video.. Based on the interviews that reporter conducted in the neighborhood.. I'm thinking a sand jockey could've been responsible for this senseless killing.. If that's the case he's definitely going to get arrested and convicted.. but if it's a ? .. we'll he'll get arrested.. but then his lawyers will make sure he gets state his case.. in front of an all white or mostly white jury.. and then have a great chance of getting away with murder...
  • stringer bell
    Options
    7figz wrote: »
    Would've been world news if this was a blond-haired blue-eyed chick tho.

In bold for truth.. This story has got no mainstream media coverage.. That Jonathan Ferrell case barely got any coverage.. I guess the white media is tired of talking about innocent black people get killed & racially profiled.. also I guess to busy trying tear down Barry's Healthcare law.. to pay attention to real ? like this.. I hope MSNBC will cover this story.. They did a good job covering Trayvon Martin case.. and talked more about what happen to Jonathan Ferrell than any other media outlet...
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If any of you use Twitter you can bombard those news outlets and their TV personalities with links to these stories and descriptions to help it gain traction.
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • BrazilianHairMoney
    BrazilianHairMoney Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    thats why I hate getting lost, especially in racist neighborhood, I definitely hate to run out of gas, they waiting to catch one. Damn shame.
  • SiccoLoccJay
    SiccoLoccJay Members Posts: 723 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To be honest I call b.s I think the shooter was a racist ? who just wanted to ? a black person. I mean think abt lets say u have a gun and someone knocks at your door at two in the morning. Do u really come out guns ablazing busting off rounds before seeing wtf is really going on. He could of at least pointed it at her face and asked wat she wanted right? Sinces she's dead its jst his side of the story but I think he opened the door with every intention of killing her with no ? given just because she was black. For all we know she could of told him wats wrong and he still killed her just because he could. But then again guess will neva know for sure cause we can only go off of his word alone.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep6rCqmRQTQ

At first I assumed a ? ass ? killed this innocent female based on the general details of story.. But now after seeing this video.. Based on the interviews that reporter conducted in the neighborhood.. I'm thinking a sand jockey could've been responsible for this senseless killing.. If that's the case he's definitely going to get arrested and convicted.. but if it's a ? .. we'll he'll get arrested.. but then his lawyers will make sure he gets state his case.. in front of an all white or mostly white jury.. and then have a great chance of getting away with murder...

Yo that reporter wanted to go full ? so bad.
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Could be an Arab thou, like someone mentioned in the thread. I wonder why the law and media are protecting the shooters identity?
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I've seen many of yall on this site talk big how 'If I find somoene on my property im killin em dead'

Obviously she wasnt breakin into ? and dude needs to go to jail, but its the culture that has birthed this mentality. This 'eveybody else is crazy so i gotta protect mine' mentality.

If you 1 of those people, dont b outraged now. B/c MAYBE (all the facts arent in) moreso than race, this incident is an aftermath of that mentality yall so quickly glamorize.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone have any links to stories like this involving a white getting hurt or killed?
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    is this what you want america? to be so in fear of each other that everyone's first instinct is to shoot first and ask questions later? seriously, are y'all happy with this attitude of paranoia and love for violence that has a strangle hold on this country?

this ? is just so disturbing.

Exactly. And this site is a case study for this mentality, BEFORE this story. Dont listen to em now, oh its boo-hoo'n now but peep what they said BEFORE.

i.e. http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/505452/say-someone-breaks-into-your-place-at-night/p1

Nggas got 40cals, 50 cals, SK, AK, conceal permit...yea, them chickens comin home to roost.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    is this what you want america? to be so in fear of each other that everyone's first instinct is to shoot first and ask questions later? seriously, are y'all happy with this attitude of paranoia and love for violence that has a strangle hold on this country?

ain't you from Somalia tho? didn't you willingly move here?

eddie_murphy_wtf_gif.gif

just checking......don't be talking about Murica like that haha
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1of1 wrote: »
    Anyone have any links to stories like this involving a white getting hurt or killed?

Hell and naw. That is all.
  • brown321
    brown321 Members Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Why would an intruder knock on the door?

Robbers knock on the door first to see if anybody is home. If not, they'll kick the door down.

Truth

Wrong 2:30.

Of course they home in the A.M. You'd just be waking them up.
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Question. How is all the culture of violence in Somalia any different than America? I'm not refuting what your saying but I'm really intrigued by your assertion having come from a country that is notoriously violent and unstable.

Also, RIP to the young sister. To shoot someone for simply knocking on your door is one thing but to shoot them when their in the process of leaving with their back turned....
    this is some cold blooded ? and if I say what I really think an appropriate response would be I'd probably have police knocking at my door.

• stringer bell
    Options
    freep.com/article/20131107/NEWS05/311070119/Renisha-McBride-shot-in-face-not-back-of-head-Dearborn-Heights
    Renisha McBride's family asks for peace as they mourn her death

The family of Renisha McBride released a statement today asking to be left alone until after her funeral and calling for “peace and justice as we challenge the system to arrest and try the alleged assailant for this horrific act.”

The statement was released through activist Ron Scott, of the Detroit Coalition Against Police Brutality.

“The family of Renisha McBride, who during the past seven days has been trying to come to terms with the horrific shooting of this 19-year-old young woman while she sought help in a Dearborn Heights neighborhood, has asked that all interviews and contact with the family be conducted after her funeral,” the statement said. McBride’s funeral is on Friday.

The Detroit Branch of the NAACP also issued a statement calling for the shooting to be “investigated at every level.”

The statement from McBride’s family challenged reports that the homeowner called police after the shooting, which occurred about 3:40 a.m. Saturday on the porch of a house in the 16000 block of Outer Drive in Dearborn Heights.

“The alleged assailant did not, according to reports, immediately notify the police that the shooting had taken place. It was reported that instead neighbors contacted police about the shooting. He has not, to date, been arrested.”

Early today, Dearborn Heights police disputed early statements by the family that McBride was shot in the back of the head as she turned to leave the porch. Police said the homeowner told investigators his shotgun accidentally discharged, hitting Renisha McBride in the face as she stood on his porch.

“This man’s claiming – believed the girl was breaking into the home. And he’s also saying the gun discharged accidentally,” Lt. James Serwatowski, chief detective, said.

“This girl was not shot in the back of the head while leaving the porch,” Serwatowski said “I don’t know where the family is getting this. She was shot in the front of the face, near the mouth.”

According to the statement issued by Scott, the family has spoken to the Dearborn Heights Police Chief Lee Gavin and Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy regarding the issuance of criminal charges.

“The Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office indicated that they are investigating the case and will release a statement once it is completed. They added that the investigation is moving swiftly.”

The Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office issued a statement this morning saying that it is awaiting further investigation by Dearborn Heights police before deciding whether any criminal charges will be authorized in the case.

“I know the family is anxious to see this man (the alleged shooter) charged but the prosecutor’s office is telling us they want a lot more information before they make a decision,” Serwatowski said.

This afternoon, Bernita Spinks, an aunt of the woman killed, told the Free Press she’s going to view her niece’s body today at a funeral home in Detroit.

“I’m tired,” she said.

Asked about the police statement that her niece was not shot in the back of her head, she said: “I don’t know. I really don’t know.”

McBride’s family has said she was involved in an auto accident and had gone to the house on Outer Drive for help when she was shot do death by the homeowner.

“I’ll confirm that she was in an accident in Detroit and that she left the accident scene, and then some hours transpired” before the shooting, Serwatowski said.

Serwatowski said the shooting occurred about 3:40 a.m. and the accident happened at about 1:30 a.m. He declined to say what police believe McBride was doing before and after the accident.

The homeowner’s .12-gauge was seized by police and the Michigan State Police crime lab is analyzing it, Serwatowski said.

Activists were rallying tonight outside the Dearborn Heights Police station over McBride’s death.

“Black life is not valued in America, not worthy, not respected,” said Detroit activist Yusef Shaker, who is helping lead the rally. “Here was a woman who was seeking help from potential danger and her life was taken...It's a Trayvon Martin case all over again.”

Writer Dream Hampton and Illana Weaver, a Detroit rapper known as Invincible, were helping organize the protest, Shaker said.

The rally is about “recognizing the value of a woman and the value of a black person,” Shaker said.

Detroit Free Press Staff Writer Elisha Anderson contributed to this story.

SMDH.. @ this ? ? .. If you don't know how handle a gun.. Why the ? do you have one.. also It's just amazing how he just happened to "accidently" shot her right in her face...
  • stringer bell
    Options
    detroitnews.com/article/20131107/METRO01/311070121/Homeowner-Dearborn-Heights-shooting-hires-lawyers
    Homeowner in Dearborn Heights shooting hires lawyers

Dearborn Heights — The homeowner under investigation for the killing of a 19-year-old Detroit woman who is believed to have knocked on his door seeking help, said he has hired two lawyers to represent him.

He refused further comment on the incident which has touched off a firestorm on social media.

Renisha McBride was shot in the face and not in the back of the head, according to information released Thursday from a preliminary autopsy report from the Wayne County Medical Examiner’s Office. Her family told reporters they believed she was shot in the back of the head.

A warrant request to the Wayne County prosecutor sought Wednesday by Dearborn Heights police was returned to the Dearborn Heights Police Department.

“We have requested further investigation by the police that must be submitted to our office before a decision will be made,” said Maria Miller, a spokeswoman for Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy.

Five days following the shotgun shooting death of Renisha McBride outside the home in the 18600 block of Outerdrive near Warren, her family is preparing for her funeral at 11 a.m. Friday at the House of Prayer and Praise, 16520 Wyoming, in Detroit. The family hour is at 10:30 a.m.

McBride was shot around 2:30 a.m. Saturday. Police believe she went to the home seeking help after getting into a single-car accident nearby. The family said police told them her cell phone was not working.

McBride’s aunt, Bernita Spinks said the family wants the homeowner to tell them what happened to McBride Saturday.

“I just need answers,” said Spinks Friday. “I’m looking for him to be questioned.”

Spinks said the family met with police and members of the prosecutor’s office about the shooting. She said police told the family the shooter is a man in his 50s.

McBride’s relatives and friends attended a vigil Wednesday outside the home where she died.

“We’re looking for justice to be served,” said community activist Ron Scott. He urged Worthy to bring charges in the case.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    freep.com/article/20131107/NEWS05/311070119/Renisha-McBride-shot-in-face-not-back-of-head-Dearborn-Heights
    Renisha McBride's family asks for peace as they mourn her death

The family of Renisha McBride released a statement today asking to be left alone until after her funeral and calling for “peace and justice as we challenge the system to arrest and try the alleged assailant for this horrific act.”

The statement was released through activist Ron Scott, of the Detroit Coalition Against Police Brutality.

“The family of Renisha McBride, who during the past seven days has been trying to come to terms with the horrific shooting of this 19-year-old young woman while she sought help in a Dearborn Heights neighborhood, has asked that all interviews and contact with the family be conducted after her funeral,” the statement said. McBride’s funeral is on Friday.

The Detroit Branch of the NAACP also issued a statement calling for the shooting to be “investigated at every level.”

The statement from McBride’s family challenged reports that the homeowner called police after the shooting, which occurred about 3:40 a.m. Saturday on the porch of a house in the 16000 block of Outer Drive in Dearborn Heights.

“The alleged assailant did not, according to reports, immediately notify the police that the shooting had taken place. It was reported that instead neighbors contacted police about the shooting. He has not, to date, been arrested.”

Early today, Dearborn Heights police disputed early statements by the family that McBride was shot in the back of the head as she turned to leave the porch. Police said the homeowner told investigators his shotgun accidentally discharged, hitting Renisha McBride in the face as she stood on his porch.

“This man’s claiming – believed the girl was breaking into the home. And he’s also saying the gun discharged accidentally,” Lt. James Serwatowski, chief detective, said.

“This girl was not shot in the back of the head while leaving the porch,” Serwatowski said “I don’t know where the family is getting this. She was shot in the front of the face, near the mouth.”

According to the statement issued by Scott, the family has spoken to the Dearborn Heights Police Chief Lee Gavin and Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy regarding the issuance of criminal charges.

“The Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office indicated that they are investigating the case and will release a statement once it is completed. They added that the investigation is moving swiftly.”

The Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office issued a statement this morning saying that it is awaiting further investigation by Dearborn Heights police before deciding whether any criminal charges will be authorized in the case.

“I know the family is anxious to see this man (the alleged shooter) charged but the prosecutor’s office is telling us they want a lot more information before they make a decision,” Serwatowski said.

This afternoon, Bernita Spinks, an aunt of the woman killed, told the Free Press she’s going to view her niece’s body today at a funeral home in Detroit.

“I’m tired,” she said.

Asked about the police statement that her niece was not shot in the back of her head, she said: “I don’t know. I really don’t know.”

McBride’s family has said she was involved in an auto accident and had gone to the house on Outer Drive for help when she was shot do death by the homeowner.

“I’ll confirm that she was in an accident in Detroit and that she left the accident scene, and then some hours transpired” before the shooting, Serwatowski said.

Serwatowski said the shooting occurred about 3:40 a.m. and the accident happened at about 1:30 a.m. He declined to say what police believe McBride was doing before and after the accident.

The homeowner’s .12-gauge was seized by police and the Michigan State Police crime lab is analyzing it, Serwatowski said.

Activists were rallying tonight outside the Dearborn Heights Police station over McBride’s death.

“Black life is not valued in America, not worthy, not respected,” said Detroit activist Yusef Shaker, who is helping lead the rally. “Here was a woman who was seeking help from potential danger and her life was taken...It's a Trayvon Martin case all over again.”

Writer Dream Hampton and Illana Weaver, a Detroit rapper known as Invincible, were helping organize the protest, Shaker said.

The rally is about “recognizing the value of a woman and the value of a black person,” Shaker said.

Detroit Free Press Staff Writer Elisha Anderson contributed to this story.

SMDH.. @ this ? ? .. If you don't know how handle a gun.. Why the ? do you have one.. also It's just amazing how he just happened to "accidently" shot her right in her face...

The ? that irritates me is the fact that the story keeps changing. First they said he shot her because he believed she was breaking in his home, now they are saying that he said he accidentally shot her while she was standing on the porch. Also why did he not call the cops and dump her body else where? Charges should be brought up without a second thought. If they cannot see how incriminating his actions are than they should not have their jobs.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Signed,
    Ex Child Soldier
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No Justice No Peace.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You know the killer was up to sum grimey ? , cuz he doesn't even call police to report wat happened. Her body laid there for hours b4 neighbors reported a shooting.