OFFICIAL 2013-2014 LOS ANGELES LAKERS THREAD

Options

Comments

• zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Apoptosis wrote: »
    Nash needs to go....and what team is next for the kobe fans when he retires.

I can see kobe in NY with melo
  • zerocool
    Options
    Apoptosis wrote: »
    Nash needs to go....and what team is next for the kobe fans when he retires.

Read your question wrong....I will still be a laker fan
  • Cliff Da Mont
    Cliff Da Mont Members Posts: 861 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all laker fans ain't built like you used to be.
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

For real bro. I miss when Laker fans had that blind, Zombie-like devotion to the team. All this rational, realistic mumbo jumbo is annoying the ? out of me.

IN KOBE WE TRUST!!!!!!!!!!
  • Cliff Da Mont
    Cliff Da Mont Members Posts: 861 ✭✭✭
    Options
    toheeb27 wrote: »

For real bro. I miss when Laker fans had that blind, Zombie-like devotion to the team. All this rational, realistic mumbo jumbo is annoying the ? out of me.

Who said anything about kobe, y'all just sad out here no confidence, laker fans are supposed to have some pride as a whole for the organization, y'all out here whining and ? crying about kobe, who at the moment is the only positive thing happening at that organization.
  • Apoptosis
    Apoptosis Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    Options
    toheeb27 wrote: »

Who said anything about kobe, y'all just sad out here no confidence, laker fans are supposed to have some pride as a whole for the organization, y'all out here whining and ? crying about kobe, who at the moment is the only positive thing happening at that organization.

Just cause people don't think we doing much this season doesn't mean they don't have pride. I think it shows pride when you know your team could do better.
  • zerocool
    Options
    I have no clue what lakers are doing coaching wise but hire bryon scott already instead of giving him a 3rd interview. .....smh......

Give him a 2 yr deal like everyone else...
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Making the playoffs isn't an unattainable goal. Although I disagree with a lot of the front office moves we definitely have a chance of making the playoffs. Our roster isnt filled with bad players.

And lol @ having to switch teams when Kobe retires. What makes you think we would follow a team for 20 years and suddenly switch. I know plenty of fans who loved Magic Johbsob in his playing days who still rep the squad to this day. It's pretty easy, we don't have a player like Lebron flipping back and forth.

You just being corny trying to be different and appeasing non Lakers fans. It's like you forcefully trying to make us wack so when Kobe retires you can be that "true Laker fan" who stuck through it all. You can be realistic without having a terrible attitude.

Toheeb Ima get at yo lame ass too. So glad they got your wack ass soft inconsistent non win producing vastly overpaid favorite player the ? outta here. He's been ? our franchise for a max deal over the past 4 years. You eat a fat ? .
  • Jonah 2.0
    Jonah 2.0 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Making the playoffs is not an accomplishment in Lakerdom. If we're not talking about rings, what are we really talking about? The standards haven't changed.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Making the playoffs isn't an unattainable goal. Although I disagree with a lot of the front office moves we definitely have a chance of making the playoffs. Our roster isnt filled with bad players.

And lol @ having to switch teams when Kobe retires. What makes you think we would follow a team for 20 years and suddenly switch. I know plenty of fans who loved Magic Johbsob in his playing days who still rep the squad to this day. It's pretty easy, we don't have a player like Lebron flipping back and forth.

You just being corny trying to be different and appeasing non Lakers fans. It's like you forcefully trying to make us wack so when Kobe retires you can be that "true Laker fan" who stuck through it all. You can be realistic without having a terrible attitude.

Toheeb Ima get at yo lame ass too. So glad they got your wack ass soft inconsistent non win producing vastly overpaid favorite player the ? outta here. He's been ? our franchise for a max deal over the past 4 years. You eat a fat ? .

? damn i agree with the overall sentiment of this post.
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I don't know about these ? but I got hella pride for this Laker ? , a lot of y'all let a season of losing mind ? y'all like the media... I ain't saying championship, I'm saying if the stars align we can be quite a surprise we aren't done filling the squad and have some cap left if we want to use it... Would've been nice to get Lance Stephenson for that short term 9 but it's alright.... People making it seem like things don't happen in sports or that every year is easy to suspect who shows up, we need to build chemistry first, start there... Kobe/Lin can be dangerous I feel because Lin will be a main threat unlike in Houston being handcuffed to James Dribble Harden and I need my 20 touches Howard... After Kobe gets his 20-25 points there will be a lot of opportunities for Lin to have his moments esp with Kobe on his pg ? ... JHill and Randle will be beast on the boards, Swaggy P is maybe a 6th man candidate if we can get Ws, we will be dumb athletic we just need depth and a fast healthy start to the season... Get me a starter quality 3 and we can fight... Tired of these puzzy ass soulless fans, I just won't allow myself to not be optimistic with this crew if the pieces fit together which to me look like a nice start... Not what y'all want but we can win with a healthy Kobe and some scrappy competitors
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also I didn't see any teams in the west get any better, to me a lot of the bottom and sub 8 seeders got weaker.... Houston got worse a lot worse, Golden State I like but not improved, Memphis is slowly fading, Minnesota and Phoenix won't have duplicative years as this past year, Nuggets are tangled, Dallas got better but how much they just lost key wings and defenders.... Utah is young and not ready.... Only teams in the west who are set to me is Spurs, Thunder, Clips, and Portland the rest is who knows.... The Lakers aren't that bad as people make it seem, we sucked last year but we weren't bad individually we need dudes to step up and know their roles, something Dantoni never did for us while managing squad... Get a damn coach and we can talk more
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just hire Byron for ? sake and get a roster
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Toheeb27 these delusional groupies lashin out it's frustration that reality is setting in
    Bsh5qxiCIAAI_1a.jpg:large
    Come on down
  • Apoptosis
    Apoptosis Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »

I agree, it just sounds like some ? think we can be a top 4 seed or something. I think we can make the playoffs, but do yall really think we can beat the spurs thunder or clippers in a 4 game series with the roster we got?
  • goodlookinout
    goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What does Ed Davis bring to the table???
  • playmaker88
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I dont know anything bout him whats the intel
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's a nice pick up. He's still young and has potential. I was hoping we could pick him up but I'm glad he landed in LA. Y'all could use all the help you can get.
  • Jonah 2.0
    Options
    Need some SFs. I wonder if Henry and Johnson will return.
  • playmaker88
    Options
    No we need a shooter damn shame meeks bounced we need a spacer we always had ppl that were capable but never ashooter ? panned out for us
  • Jonah 2.0
    Options
    There are currently zero SFs on the roster
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU96bA82rNE

Athletic PF. Not afraid to attack the defender(?) or contend shots

His stats say he's an average rebounder, but an above average shot blocker.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRCRMWlRSOA

I like the pickup. He's a young athletic PF with a decent upside. He's definitely doesn't come off as soft, in fact he seems to have a pretty good intensity about his game.

.... We still need to pickup up a couple of defenders/3pt shooters for the SF position. At this moment, our wing defense is well below average. We also need to take Nash out of the rotation completely and pick up another PG or someone who can bring the ball up, unless the Lakers think the Rook is good enough.

What's the word on Jordan Crawford? He can run some PG, right?
    I'll even take Mo Williams. He was a nice pick up for Portland last year.
  • Jonah 2.0
    Options
    Has anyone heard what they're going to do w/ Marshall's option?
This discussion has been closed.