The OFFICIAL 2014 NBA Offseason Thread

Options

Comments

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »
    Hibbert really on the block? he would be a solid pick up IMO for a trade. most importantly ...his deal expires in the famous 2016!!!

I would take Hibbert in a heartbeat, I think him and Olynyk would be a nice front court, that would put two 7 footers in the lineup, one who can spread the floor, pass, decent in the post and now that he put on some size I'm hoping his rebound numbers go up and becomes a solid defender which after only one year in the league it will more than likely happen, then Hibbert who "when he's on his game" can be one of the better interior defenders in the game and can get you a solid 14 a game, I like that mixture but there's always the risk that Hibbert doesn't recover from whatever caused him to put up that putrid display of basketball in the 2nd half of last year, and then I might be being too optimistic about Olynyk, but I don't give a ? our roster doesn't make much sense right now
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Hibbert really on the block? he would be a solid pick up IMO for a trade. most importantly ...his deal expires in the famous 2016!!!

I would take Hibbert in a heartbeat, I think him and Olynyk would be a nice front court, that would put two 7 footers in the lineup, one who can spread the floor, pass, decent in the post and now that he put on some size I'm hoping his rebound numbers go up and becomes a solid defender which after only one year in the league it will more than likely happen, then Hibbert who "when he's on his game" can be one of the better interior defenders in the game and can get you a solid 14 a game, I like that mixture but there's always the risk that Hibbert doesn't recover from whatever caused him to put up that putrid display of basketball in the 2nd half of last year, and then I might be being too optimistic about Olynyk, but I don't give a ? our roster doesn't make much sense right now

Y'all got Rondo tho who is basically the ace up the sleeve. The dilemma with Boston is do you now build around Rondo or fully commit to a rebuild and trade Rondo for young talent and picks. I would personally choose the later since He's already 29 and due for a major extension nh. They could get a decent haul for him no doubt.. I was actually surprised y'all didn't make something happen on draft night but I'm guessing they were holding out hope on a Love deal. Now that that's out the window I think it's time to make a move. With his contract expiring this summer I think his value will only decrease the further into the season we get.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If we were to trade rondo i wouldnt settle for hibbert as a return piece i honestly think hes gone by da deadline but we definitely threw all our hope into tryin to get Love nd ? backfired horribly, now we got 18 players nd no go to scorer
  • RiGGA
    RiGGA Members Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't ? wit 10's but them 5's is classic
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    John B with the vicious serve
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "hold on pleighboi I'm sittin here eating turkey wings,peach n pralines oatmeal and jello puddin pops maxin and relaxin lls steez was an important part of our franchise and I wanted him to take over for my hero the truth no need to attack me" - Blacax410 reply

I should make a cheap seats impersonations thread but you ? would catch feelins as usual

Make it.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    stephen-a-2-o.gif

? I wish a fellow heat fan would son me like that...

we unified though..brotherhood
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    No way in hell would i want us to pick up hibbert id rather watch jeff green evan Turner nd avery throw up ice cold midrange bricks then have dat jelly spine wimp of a 7 footer strugglin for 6 points nd 2 rebounds for $14 mil a year, put da got damn bottle down John B

For one this ? is getting tired

Two your little crackheaded ass better never disrespect me while im finishing up my 2nd job again, put the pipe down on your lunch breaks and your little punk ass might be able to keep a job, do something before you end up Robin Williams status 10 years from now

Three someone reppin the C's needs to think logically around here, if it was up to you we would be building around Jordan Crawford, Jared Sullinger and Jeff Green smgdh, how you gonna throw a hissy fit over Jordan Crawford?

Four

Who even gives a ? about his 14 mil a year? We're not on the brink of signing any big names, hes not stopping us from making any moves, if the ? works out like I said in my initial post then we bring him back for the same contract or less depending on his numbers these next two years, if it doesn't then that's money off the books in 2016 when Marcus Smart will be coming into his own, it was just a season ago where he was beasting in the ecf and everyone would of loved to have him and there was no chance of him getting traded, you don't think theres a possible chance he can play like that again? This ? isn't even rumor and may not be close to ever happening but if it did and ? worked out like I said in my initial post then we might actually see the playoffs, we're not seeing the playoffs with Brandon Bass being our best interior defender

Lmao at da feelings nd pure fabrication ive neva taken ? before stop it. we got sully averaging 13 &8 for 2 mil a year yet u wanna trade for a stiff for 14 mil a year? Lol his interior defense has declined anyway hibbert doesnt help us at all idgaf bout his ? expiring in 2016 we dont attract free agents nd ur trade offer was doo doo crumbs. Now u wanna stick to ball or u gonna throw out more lies about JEFF AXEL da great?
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Been at dis job since last October yet i "can't keep a job cuz im on da pipe" good one John lls
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    stephen-a-2-o.gif

? I wish a fellow heat fan would son me like that...

we unified though..brotherhood

He didn't son anything tho
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    》》》H¡lår¡¤u$ 《《《
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    s.free wrote: »
    00713 wrote: »
    Lol why sneakerheads have to be geeks? The thing that I don't respect is ? who sacrifice meals and livein dumps but have hella kicks. Anyways co-sign whoever talked about hoopin in hyperdunks. Best shoe to hoop in

Espn thinks the squad only good enough for the 8th seed. I don't think we drop that low.

Somehow losing parsons has bcone equal to us losing a top 10 player in the league. Like I said before you give me ariza and parsons I'm taking Parsons all day but for THIS TEAM ariza is fine. We need a guy who can guard the perimeter and shoot 3's and he does that. I think we're a 5th seed, 6th seed at worse but maybe that's the homer in me

Who's the glue guy on your squad now?

Couldn't even tell you hopefully Ariza. Losing parsons will hurt us on offense been help on defense. I don't even think we'll have the same squad come playoff time but that's just a guess. Hopefully new orleans struggles so that pick can be a lottery pick and it gets moved

We'll definitely be better defensively and I think on the offensive end it should force Harden and Howard to be even more aggressive, Trevor Ariza should just be focused on knocking down open 3's and locking up the perimeter.

My main concern is still the lack of depth especially in the front court but like you said we still have some moves to make
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "hold on pleighboi I'm sittin here eating turkey wings,peach n pralines oatmeal and jello puddin pops maxin and relaxin lls steez was an important part of our franchise and I wanted him to take over for my hero the truth no need to attack me" - Blacax410 reply

I should make a cheap seats impersonations thread but you ? would catch feelins as usual

14eazuu.jpg

Make the thread for the fuckery and hilarity alone
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao ? said "I never did ? "

smiley.gif
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? Axel stays taking Ls .....smh for getting knocked out by a white boy ....Will Munny at that....btw ? the Celtics if I ever catch Rondo at the club in Chicago, it's bottles to the back of his head like Camron in Killa Season for that ? he pulled on Hinrich ...#Chicagoneverforgets
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    This ? Axel stays taking Ls .....smh for getting knocked out by a white boy ....Will Munny at that....btw ? the Celtics if I ever catch Rondo at the club in Chicago, it's bottles to the back of his head like Camron in Killa Season for that ? he pulled on Hinrich ...#Chicagoneverforgets

Please explain wat L i took? Lls if there was traces of ? in my system nd i was unemployed it woulda been etherous, but since both are way off base nd had nuthin to do wit da topic it was a reach yall blowin outta proportion
This discussion has been closed.