USA: Do you see a future where most of our black women wear their hair naturally?

Options
LPast
LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2015 in For The Grown & Sexy
Do you see a future where at least 51% of our women wear their hair naturally?

What % of the women you encounter do?

Brought to you by illpix...
http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/537097/natural-haired-goddesses#latest

USA: Do you see a future where most of our black women wear their hair naturally? 54 votes

Yes, it will happen eventually.
59%
 i ro nyFocal Pointbigduece69jetlifebih700damobb2deepspit_fiyaunspoken_respectBlack Boy KingCapitalBMr.LVThe Lonious Monk1CK1SLPastgdatruth2.0Ajackson17NothingButTheTruthStoneColdMikeyJokerzWylddesertrain10 32 votes
No, will never happen.
40%
mrrealonekingofkingzdamnkpBelovedAfeniShuffingtoncaddo manJDSTAYWITITnumbaz...80's babyIgot5onitTheIraqHafBaykedAristo_V30032DaysOfInfinitiTrillfatebgoatchgarcia345MARIO_DROPhantom Paingalaxy_1221luke1733 22 votes

Comments

• Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes when Dr. UMAR Johnson achieves Garvey dream.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maybe, maybe not.
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    NeighborhoodNomad. Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    vwMin.gif?noredirect

• HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No, will never happen.
    i see naturals here and there but the weave still runneth rampant around here

not just the ratchet chicks either.....im downtown all day....these broads gettin money and got hair but still buy "them bundles" just cuz they can
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mann i hope so
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Of course it will

Then it will fade away cause were so volatile wit our modes/styles etc as it did last go round

• Ubuntu1
    Ubuntu1 Members Posts: 852 ✭✭✭
    Options
    It's important that different kinds of beauty be represented in the media so that black women will know that they have options and will be appreciated regardless and it's also important that people understand the long-term damage to their hair that chemicals in hair relaxers can cause but beyond that, they should be free to wear their hair in whatever way makes them happiest. As long as they're not pressured into doing so or made to feel unattractive if they don't, there's nothing necessarily wrong with black women straightening their hair, just like there's nothing wrong with white women perming their hair, tanning (health concerns aside), women of all groups changing their hair and eye color, wearing or not wearing makeup etc.

I don't want there to come a day when most black women wear their hair a certain way, I want there to come a day when they're satisfied with their appearance and as happy as they can practically be with their lives.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's going to take a while , but it will eventually happen in our lifetime
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My wife has the sister locs and before that she rocked a fro.

It's rare for me to see Black women free of weave and that creamy ? though.

It's a shame because most Black women do not need all that to look good, but society has conditioned some to think the straight long haired look which is more synonymous with Europeans should be the standard look of a lady.
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what is most, like 70 % ?
    then yea
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    clever bait thread
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Those straightening count.

• Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No bcuz they like ? weave
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All my ? get a perm...long hair...
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Most natural girls date whites so idc if a chick rocks weaves as long as it looks good and she doesn't have self hate issues
  • MistyKnight
    MistyKnight Members Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope that before I die, it would be RARE to see a black woman with ridiculous silky straight weaves/creamy ? relaxers.
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I'd like to think that day will come...and soon

Especially considering the health risks associated with chemical straighteners and heat

But natural hair is hard work, a lot of women don't have the time or patience

I love my locs, but the upkeep <perm

• Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    well a lot of them did in the not so distant past...anyway feelings will caught from this thread....
  • taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    If by natural you mean free of chemicals yes. If by natural you mean no weaves or wigs then no. As long as women love fashion and trying different looks then weaves and wigs are always gonna be here. It'd also help if people knew straight hair doesn't always mean chemicals been in it. I seen natural hair women get told their not "really natural" because they don't rock a 2nd coming of Angela Davis afro lol

Yessssss to the bolded. Also I wish people would stop thinking that every single woman who wears a weave hates her natural hair.
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its a damn shame that ? is even a legitmate question to ask.... smh. i hate weave queens :/
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No, will never happen.
    Only when black women feel no shame about their kinks and decide that they WANT to rock their natural hair texture to special events.

i.e THEIR WEDDING! / AWARD CEREMONY / NEWS ANCHOR JOBS!

then the pride might trickle down to a local level.
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Only when black women feel no shame about their kinks and decide that they WANT to rock their natural hair texture to special events.

i.e THEIR WEDDING! / AWARD CEREMONY / NEWS ANCHOR JOBS!

then the pride might trickle down to a local level.

We have to first address who or what instilled the shame in the first place, obviously

And while I do agree for many bulk women their natural hair can be a source of shame, some women don't want to devote the time and effort to going natural

• twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Korean hair care stores out of business, but they could adapt I suppose.