Comments

• zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    Any one talking about how bad white supremacy is and still marrying non-black women is ? delusional. How the ? are we going to fight colorism and white supremacy with you further perpetuating the white is more beautiful paradigm with your very actions.

You don't think all those little black boys and girls are looking at your stupid ass???? even worse the little white girls are looking at you thus feeding their sense of superiority over those little black girls. BUT you ? don't see this and continue to ? over white women but then at the same time want to hate white men. ? IS WRONG WITH YOU

Most white girls are jealous of Asian women the way you think black women feel about them..

btw I can be "pro black" and still be in a interracial relationship... as long as you not bashing another race to try and show yours is "better" there is no reason you can't be "pro black" and have a relationship with another race..

No you have your head up your ass and no ? sleeping with the competition can be taken seriously because at the core of being pro black is the desire to empower black people and you can't do that if you are giving love, attention, and money to a white woman.

If you are ever put in a situation where you have to choose between the interest of your white lover and the interest of a black person odds are you are going to favor the white girl. ? you are compromised.

gwaf at other races being the "competition"... ? I'm pro black but have dated and smashed chicks of other races... just because I'm not on some "all other races are the devil" ? don't mean I don't understand what it is to be black or don't want to see my people succeed... coming at any situation as an "us vs. them" mentality is only going to keep us where we are... how y'all feel as us being at the bottom of the totem poll...

Never said all other races were the devil but we do live under capitalism therefore they are the competition, so it is us vs them. It's the competitive mentality we need more of but foolishly don't have yet because we have so many brain dead idiots like you. that's why we are at the bottom of the totem pole

You want to see black people succeed so much that your willing to marry a white woman ? you are ? confused.

aight muthafucka I didn't call you names so don't come at me like that this ? ain't that serious... you typing on here is not gone change ? just like me doing the same isnt... the funny thing about this whole thing is "smart ? " always try and make it seem like other races have this secret organization that tell them how to live and ? ... "smart ? " are the down fall partly of blacks as a whole because not only are y'all typically hypocrites... you will say all these things that are wrong with us while acting like you are holier than thou..

btw you noticed I never spoke a specific race you brought up the "white woman" I've said I prefer darker women... you ? think being "pro black" mean being anti every other race.. and that is definitely not the case... like I said I can sit here and understand what I means to be a black man... ? I am a ? walking stereotype.. but at the same time I do understand that to be "pro black" does not mean I can't date another woman of a different race...

btw you are right this is a capitalistic society... which would mean money is the issue not race... having a us vs them mentality only weakens you.. because you cut off ties to others... no race in america can completely cut off ties with other races and be self sufficient...

Money and race are connected certain races of people have more of it. A lot of what you said had nothing to do with what I said you are just rambling.

No body asked you if you know what it means to be black, since there is no one way to be black. However you cannot be truly pro black while in love with white women because the interest of whites often conflict with the interest of blacks.

You can be friends and business partners with white men but that doesn't mean you should go home and ? his sister.

I am not anti any other race and I don't hate any other race however I am totally pro my race in every situation
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Any one talking about how bad white supremacy is and still marrying non-black women is ? delusional. How the ? are we going to fight colorism and white supremacy with you further perpetuating the white is more beautiful paradigm with your very actions.

You don't think all those little black boys and girls are looking at your stupid ass???? even worse the little white girls are looking at you thus feeding their sense of superiority over those little black girls. BUT you ? don't see this and continue to ? over white women but then at the same time want to hate white men. ? IS WRONG WITH YOU

Most white girls are jealous of Asian women the way you think black women feel about them..

btw I can be "pro black" and still be in a interracial relationship... as long as you not bashing another race to try and show yours is "better" there is no reason you can't be "pro black" and have a relationship with another race..

No you have your head up your ass and no ? sleeping with the competition can be taken seriously because at the core of being pro black is the desire to empower black people and you can't do that if you are giving love, attention, and money to a white woman.

If you are ever put in a situation where you have to choose between the interest of your white lover and the interest of a black person odds are you are going to favor the white girl. ? you are compromised.

gwaf at other races being the "competition"... ? I'm pro black but have dated and smashed chicks of other races... just because I'm not on some "all other races are the devil" ? don't mean I don't understand what it is to be black or don't want to see my people succeed... coming at any situation as an "us vs. them" mentality is only going to keep us where we are... how y'all feel as us being at the bottom of the totem poll...

Never said all other races were the devil but we do live under capitalism therefore they are the competition, so it is us vs them. It's the competitive mentality we need more of but foolishly don't have yet because we have so many brain dead idiots like you. that's why we are at the bottom of the totem pole

You want to see black people succeed so much that your willing to marry a white woman ? you are ? confused.

aight muthafucka I didn't call you names so don't come at me like that this ? ain't that serious... you typing on here is not gone change ? just like me doing the same isnt... the funny thing about this whole thing is "smart ? " always try and make it seem like other races have this secret organization that tell them how to live and ? ... "smart ? " are the down fall partly of blacks as a whole because not only are y'all typically hypocrites... you will say all these things that are wrong with us while acting like you are holier than thou..

btw you noticed I never spoke a specific race you brought up the "white woman" I've said I prefer darker women... you ? think being "pro black" mean being anti every other race.. and that is definitely not the case... like I said I can sit here and understand what I means to be a black man... ? I am a ? walking stereotype.. but at the same time I do understand that to be "pro black" does not mean I can't date another woman of a different race...

btw you are right this is a capitalistic society... which would mean money is the issue not race... having a us vs them mentality only weakens you.. because you cut off ties to others... no race in america can completely cut off ties with other races and be self sufficient...

Money and race are connected certain races of people have more of it. A lot of what you said had nothing to do with what I said you are just rambling.

No body asked you if you know what it means to be black, since there is no one way to be black. However you cannot be truly pro black while in love with white women because the interest of whites often conflict with the interest of blacks.

You can be friends and business partners with white men but that doesn't mean you should go home and ? his sister.

I am not anti any other race and I don't hate any other race however I am totally pro my race in every situation
    if that's the case then how can you say you are not anti any other race but against two grown people getting married... and you are still going on straight white/black ? when there are more races and hundreds of different cultures than white/black...

if race and wealth are connected then answer me this how as black people are we ever to reach our potential because the people with money will keep it...

another question... let's say a black person who is uplifting his community (inner city)... helping programs ect.. but he has a wife who is Latina and white.. she grew up in the same neighborhood... they identify with the same issues.. you are saying that this man in not pro black because his wife isn't black?

btw who says the interests of blacks and white always conflict? yes a rich white dudes interests are different than a middle or lower class black... but a rich black man and a rich white man have common interests as well as a middle or lower class black and white as well..

money has alot to more to do with class..
  • zzombie
    Options

if that's the case then how can you say you are not anti any other race but against two grown people getting married... and you are still going on straight white/black ? when there are more races and hundreds of different cultures than white/black...

if race and wealth are connected then answer me this how as black people are we ever to reach our potential because the people with money will keep it...

another question... let's say a black person who is uplifting his community (inner city)... helping programs ect.. but he has a wife who is Latina and white.. she grew up in the same neighborhood... they identify with the same issues.. you are saying that this man in not pro black because his wife isn't black?

btw who says the interests of blacks and white always conflict? yes a rich white dudes interests are different than a middle or lower class black... but a rich black man and a rich white man have common interests as well as a middle or lower class black and white as well..

I use the white black dynamic because it's the most common and prevalent form of race mixing among black men but what I am saying should be applied to all non black people. In capitalism everybody uses every body and you have to use money to build more money then you take that money to build wealth. So black people in America already have access to large amounts on money but we have no wealth, because we take that money and give it back to outsiders.

So called Hispanic people are not a race there are black Hispanics, so the woman you described could simply be a mulatto. In which case see what I said about Pico and Obama vs max.

The interest of poor whites and poor blacks are definitely in conflict, most poor whites vote republican and most poor blacks vote democratic. Poor whites hate your black ass so much they are willing to vote against there economic interest.

Race is one of the components of class and There is a thick glass ceiling for rich blacks that we cannot break until the rest of our race gets with the program, realizing that this world is a competition and we are losing. You ? have been hoodwinked by integration.
  • zzombie
    Options
    There is a documentary movie called 7 a.m that all black people in America really need to see
  • Antlerz
    Antlerz Members Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i dont think its as bad as it used to be.. my mom was born in the late 60s and grew up in the 70s.. she got treated like ? for bein lightskinned.. she still has conditions behind that ? ..

maybe its more prevalent in the south..
    cause out here people aint really givin a ? about ur tone..

My mom was born in the 40's in Jamaica. Lightskinned people were looked down on back in those days as well . My mom used to tell me how her father (my grandfather) used to call her all types of redskin ? and other words.
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I use the white black dynamic because it's the most common and prevalent form of race mixing among black men but what I am saying should be applied to all non black people. In capitalism everybody uses every body and you have to use money to build more money then you take that money to build wealth. So black people in America already have access to large amounts on money but we have no wealth, because we take that money and give it back to outsiders.

So called Hispanic people are not a race there are black Hispanics, so the woman you described could simply be a mulatto. In which case see what I said about Pico and Obama vs max.

The interest of poor whites and poor blacks are definitely in conflict, most poor whites vote republican and most poor blacks vote democratic. Poor whites hate your black ass so much they are willing to vote against there economic interest.

Race is one of the components of class and There is a thick glass ceiling for rich blacks that we cannot break until the rest of our race gets with the program, realizing that this world is a competition and we are losing. You ? have been hoodwinked by integration.

you are getting area mixed with economic and political views... most republicans votes come from the south... that's across all economic statuses... but most lower class whites live north of the Mason Dixon line.. which tend to be more democratic...

btw white and black race mixing would not be considered the most prevalent if you not considering Hispanics as a race..

I can't stand the fact people think "blacks need to get with the program" no race period has unity the way some blacks think we should be and how they think other races have it..

and yes it has been better for us being integrated... because before the 60's we were "equal but separate" and we know how that was...
  • zzombie
    Options
    @damobb2deep

Economics and politics are inextricably intertwined.if you oppose me politically you are going to oppose me economically and to some degree socially. It doesn't matter where they live north , west or south most poor whites vote republican not because they know anything about republican ideology but because they perceive that republicans are against the interest of blacks.

I don't really consider Hispanic a race they are an ethnic group made up of different races and mixtures. We don't all need to think the same like I told you there is no one way to be black. However what makes a people "a people" is shared values and adherence to common beliefs and principles.

No we are not doing better in what really counts, economics and politics. We only have the false appearance of improvement socially. Every thing is integrated except the money and power

Blacks in America have more money and less wealth
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I do be looking at some ? like "oh you black as ? b" but I don't say it out loud just in my head cause I don't outwardly hate on ? .

People from India and Pakistan even worse with this ? tho. Its not a black thing.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Antlerz wrote: »
    i dont think its as bad as it used to be.. my mom was born in the late 60s and grew up in the 70s.. she got treated like ? for bein lightskinned.. she still has conditions behind that ? ..

My mom was born in the 40's in Jamaica. Lightskinned people were looked down on back in those days as well . My mom used to tell me how her father (my grandfather) used to call her all types of redskin ? and other words.

In Jamaica during that time "brownskinned" people had many advantages over darkskinned
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »

In Jamaica during that time "brownskinned" people had many advantages over darkskinned

the game done changed... "HMmm as i wash mi face wit da cake soap"
  • AyeB_
    AyeB_ Members Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I do be looking at some ? like "oh you black as ? b" but I don't say it out loud just in my head cause I don't outwardly hate on ? .

People from India and Pakistan even worse with this ? tho. Its not a black thing.

No one said it was a black thing but we are only focusing on the black community in this discussion. I didn't make this to talk about India, Japan, Pakistan, etc.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Colorism is just another knock against black people to make us believe we're not making progress. Another petty topic put under a microscope like "black on black" crime.

The colorism thing is just jokes, jokes in bad taste, but just poking fun at each other. The only ones affected are the emotionally unstable individuals, the victims, the people who will always find something to whine or feel bad about. Beautiful is beautiful, ugly is ugly. There are ugly dark skin and light skin women, the same way there are beautiful dark skin and light skin women.

And there are gullible and ignorant people who will always look too far into and act on insignificant statements.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lemme g'on head and drop my 3.5 cents.

Light, brown, dark, it doesn't matter what color black person you are. Every one of us will STILL get called a "? " by these racist cac. Whether they'll say it directly to your face, or out in public. Or say it behind closed doors. B/c to lot of these white folks, you're nothing but that.

Plain & simple.

/thread

Wack topic. We all olive colored black ppl.
  • D0wn
    Options

wrd cause ppl from the BLACK RACE are supposed to loook orange.... smh @ ? ...

• D0wn
    Options
    if u too dark it's a problem... u too light it's a problem... if u brown u not getting any light skinned privileges..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH6qPuPSZHU
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    goldenja wrote: »
    Now that I'm thinking about it..

This is why the name calling of each other (? , ? , light bright, dark butt, etc.) is keeping us down, depressed, angry and confused. All we're doing is separating our own selves. My parents have told me for years that it's not good to be calling each other these things.

None of that is keeping us down. Black people are the original man. We are different by design. It makes sense to separate based on fundamental differences, and build with others who are like minded. You must be crazy if you think I'm going to do business with someone I consider a ? , or an uncle tom, or a lost ? .

What's keeping us down, is the conviction that we are not making progress. It's ridiculous, but a lot of us actually look to (white) media to tell us how well we're doing. We don't understand that their statistics are 100% fabricated.

Next, the fact that we're inclusive with every other race/group, who is only looking to push their agenda. We never deal with home first. We're always looking to include others, yet when the shoe is on the other foot, they never do the same.

And then there's the looking for a savior ideology that a lot of us have, where we're always looking to one individual to lead us towards the right path. We need to understand that from a general perspective, we are all just as smart as these people we/y'all idolize: Garvey, X, King Jr, Obama, JayZ, Diddy, LeBron, Jordan... whoever y'all look up to.

Stop looking for a leader and start your own internal movement within your own family structure.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »

wrd cause ppl from the BLACK RACE are supposed to loook orange.... smh @ ? ...

? shut up. I was being facetious.
    Getting tired of you idiot savants around here man. You and s2j are the ? worst.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What exactly is this thread supposed to accomplish?
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    AggyAF wrote: »

the game done changed... "HMmm as i wash mi face wit da cake soap"

Free worl boss
    Free bobby
    Free rowdy
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    @desertrain10

My point is that whatever the basis for "mistreatment", it is still wrong, period.

And I am not being defensive, I am just speaking my mind...

Your underlying tone seems to be that whatever mistreatment she or anyone in a similar situaition experienced- "oh well" ... Because the majority of people like her experience "light skinned privilege".

Your down playing it.

Excuse the analogy, but How is that different than a white person down playing racism because it isn't "their truth".

The dismissal and apathy is what I disagree with.

Regarding my wife- no she isn't the fairest of skin, she is somewhere in the middle of the road. That doesn't mean that she couldn't have been treated differently based on her skin tone.

I will admit however that that hasn't been the sole reason she has been treated differently. As others have mentioned, it has also been because of the way she speaks, not being as ghetto as some would like, and the way she carries herself... She has been told countless times that she "acts white" or "thinks she is better than others"... Knowing her personally, the latter couldn't be farther from the truth .:. And the former criticism is unfounded; fabricated internally by our own race.

In the instance of the sorority, no I don't have signed affidavits describing the precise behavior she endured and the nature of it... She didn't "fit in" , largely because of the aforementioned reasons - according to her account.

Feel like we're talking in circles

But I never said or implied that the mistreatment of your grandmother or any other light skinned person by darker skinned ppl was right let alone acceptable

And I didn't mean to dismiss the experiences of ur family...or to be condescending

I believe it did happen

And it can really hurt to be shunned or have the core of ur identity questioned by our own people

However, it's also important to note the source of this resentment when addressing what happened to ur family....

1. Ur grandmother still had access and privilege that her peers did not because of the systemic oppression they experienced

2. Most ppl even blks stereotype light skinned ppl, especially women, UP...

3. The way ur wife speaks, for some could represent whiteness, the oppressor... it represents surrender...assimilation

All of which I'm sure at one point in time ur family has benefited from

All of which YOU seem to be downplaying, take into consideration

Otherwise without addressing the aforementioned this convo will just sound like we're reading lines from a tragic mulatto trope

• StillFaggyAF
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    @desertrain10

My point is that whatever the basis for "mistreatment", it is still wrong, period.

And I am not being defensive, I am just speaking my mind...

Your underlying tone seems to be that whatever mistreatment she or anyone in a similar situaition experienced- "oh well" ... Because the majority of people like her experience "light skinned privilege".

Your down playing it.

Excuse the analogy, but How is that different than a white person down playing racism because it isn't "their truth".

The dismissal and apathy is what I disagree with.

Regarding my wife- no she isn't the fairest of skin, she is somewhere in the middle of the road. That doesn't mean that she couldn't have been treated differently based on her skin tone.

I will admit however that that hasn't been the sole reason she has been treated differently. As others have mentioned, it has also been because of the way she speaks, not being as ghetto as some would like, and the way she carries herself... She has been told countless times that she "acts white" or "thinks she is better than others"... Knowing her personally, the latter couldn't be farther from the truth .:. And the former criticism is unfounded; fabricated internally by our own race.

In the instance of the sorority, no I don't have signed affidavits describing the precise behavior she endured and the nature of it... She didn't "fit in" , largely because of the aforementioned reasons - according to her account.

Feel like we're talking in circles

But I never said or implied that the mistreatment of your grandmother or any other light skinned person by darker skinned ppl was right let alone acceptable

And I didn't mean to dismiss the experiences of ur family...or to be condescending

I believe it did happen

And it can really hurt to be shunned or have the core of ur identity questioned by our own people

However, it's also important to note the source of this resentment when addressing what happened to ur family....

1. Ur grandmother still had access and privilege that her peers did not because of the systemic oppression they experienced

2. Most ppl even blks stereotype light skinned ppl, especially women, UP...

3. The way ur wife speaks, for some could represent whiteness, the oppressor... it represents surrender...assimilation

All of which I'm sure at one point in time ur family has benefited from

All of which YOU seem to be downplaying, take into consideration

Otherwise without addressing the aforementioned this convo will just sound like we're reading lines from a tragic mulatto trope

lol wtf
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @copper was on the right track asking the questions that drilled down to the root of the matter.

Focusing solely on the experience of blacks in America, darker people were/are discriminated against since slavery, some products of interracial sex of that day (however they occurred) were able to pass for white and lived better lives. Dark skin and darker people were demonized in folklore and film, through religions, etc.....darker skin was a curse, darker people were non-intellectual, not qualified to govern themselves, not qualified to build a society, were "primitive", criminals, should be feared, while they ARE qualified to be enslaved......all unattractive qualities.....the root question for this is who are the authors of these religions, films, and folklores....as the world is feeling the effects of the agenda (classism and colorism).

Black people wanted light skinned kids so they could able to have a chance at having a better life.
    Why? People saw the differences and saw it as if you can't beat em' them (try to) join them. My great great grandfather was half white, inherited land from his father who was white, married dark skinned black woman (my great great grandmother), and passed the land down through the family...but that land eventually got gaffled up by the state of Mississippi (not the point). He ran a business. A lot of people thought he was not black. Being light allowed you to move around easier. People of that day, could see that situation, see him, see her, and feel some type of way (forming their opinions, passing those opinions down to their own kids).
    Masculinity: "light skinned" dudes were automatically looked at as "pretty boys" less masculine BECAUSE they were lighter by darker people. People are scared of dark skinned guys thinking they can fight and are criminals -based on points in #1. People would believe lighter skinned guys were smarter than darker skin only off skin tone.
    Femininity: Dark skinned girls are looked at as less attractive. Light skin was higher value. Based on points in #1.

From there generation after generation, individuals grow up caught up in the ? and effect each other attributing to our individual points of view due to how they feel they were perceived in this world by their peers. Their peers are judging them based on principles passed down generationally that were rooted from points in #1. Many people can only see their own POV as being dark or light and say that is the only truth while both sides attribute to each other's negative experiences witching the "black community". It's confusion set forth by points in #1.

For blacks in America, it's rooted in white supremacy buy spiraled off in various way from there internally within black families and peer groups.

Good post

There is a lot of confusion and ? to sort through

A lot of people don't understand the complexities of social hierarchies or better yet we have a hard time seeing beyond their own experiences....something I'm working on myself

Also one of the biggest problems and I alluded to this earlier but a lot of blk ppl do not like to talk about light skinned privilege let alone acknowledge it's existence within the blk community

Even ppl on here either want to downplay the fact that many blks are partial to light skin ...or what to question the value in speaking out against light skinned privilege

However talking about it does not promote division... ignoring it does

The concept of light skin privilege is not an indictment on light skinned ppl, but instead an indictment on how racial hierarchies operate

By rejecting the privilege of light skin or at least calling it out, we are also rejecting the concept of white supremacy...which can go a long way
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    colorism is just jokes there's no real discrimination between lighter skin and darker skin blacks in the black community.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Colorism in the black community .... Meaning discrimination perpetuated by blacks against blacks bc of skin tone

Privileges and disadvantages not coming from us is not the topic