• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dogg Pound
    Dogg Pound and UGK are both regional favorites

But even tho i dont bump either like crazy, I will say:

I KNOW Kurupt is an ill as MC and underrated

I KNOW Daz is cool lyrically but as a producer is underrated

Bun B...uh, its taboo to not pay homage?

? C...uhh rip, colorful characer, and its taboo to not pay homage?

So. ..keepin it 100 I'll say what a lot of yall are thinkin: Ridin ? was a cool album, but
    Ugk as a group dont mean ? to me, im not from the south.

But i still respect them so , uh, thank you UGK for breaking the door down for grills, candy paint, lean---yea thanks A LOT for that---and artists such as Slim Thug, Paul Wall, Mike Jonea, and Lil Keke

steve11711.gif
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mobb Deep
    the ? u claim u KNOW actually describes bun and ? as well

bun was as cold as anyone on the lyrics and ? was a great producer. you dont have to be from the south for ugk to mean any thing, but id expect the idiotic east coast elitists to make the region ? a factor. btw, slim thug paul wall and don ke are actually decent artists. of course ? would know that if they werent talkin out they ass.

and people keep sayin dogg pound>riding ? , what else dpg put out????

super tight>ridin ? and dpg career.

btw i know t/s is a troll white geek from sweden, but idk where this idea mobb deep can touch outkast comes from. people bring up regional favorites like Mobb Deep AINT that, lmao they the definition of it. a few gold discs and the overration of from their region above all time greats like outkast.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Mobb Deep
    R.D. wrote: »
    Music is subjective but if Outkast ain't easily the best group on this poll, I just feel something wrong with your soul if you say they trash or never vibed with them

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Mobb Deep
    bck145 wrote: »
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    So let me get this straight; Dogg Pound has one album and we're comparing them to groups that have multiple albums?

Yeah when that one album is better than anything UGK ever put out and is up there with infamous. (I personally like hell on earth better) who do you think got better bars Kurupt or Bun B? Who you got in a battle? Who has made better beats ? C or Daz?

Swear to ? this is such ? , people would laugh at UGK being better than DPG out here.

And they dont just have one album. Go listen to Dillinger & Young Gotti, Cali is Active, 100 ways, and Dogg Chit.

Hell the ? they did on The Chronic and snoops first album >>>>>>UGK's whole career

Ridin ? & Underground Kingz >>> Dogg Food > Infamous

Bun B > Kurupt

? C production > Daz

In what world is any of that true haha

the real world.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Mobb Deep
    So let me get this straight; Dogg Pound has one album and we're comparing them to groups that have multiple albums?

Yeah when that one album is better than anything UGK ever put out and is up there with infamous. (I personally like hell on earth better) who do you think got better bars Kurupt or Bun B? Who you got in a battle? Who has made better beats ? C or Daz?

Swear to ? this is such ? , people would laugh at UGK being better than DPG out here.

And they dont just have one album. Go listen to Dillinger & Young Gotti, Cali is Active, 100 ways, and Dogg Chit.

Hell the ? they did on The Chronic and snoops first album >>>>>>UGK's whole career

why would they laugh, people still checkin for, sampling, featuring ugk members. ugk has several highly acclaimed albums, ? was known as a great producer and hook writer(daz is pretty nice too tho) ? ? still checkin for ? c solo albums, bun b up there with the bars and more importantly they got at 2 decades of high quality MUSIC, not just bars. cant say the same for kurupt or daz in the last 15 years. not that that makes ugk better but its not ? or laughable for people to think that way.

aint nobody checking for kurupt except for on vlad interviews these days and barely for daz at all. like dpg more if u want. but ugk being better isnt laughable at all. i wouldnt be shocked if u and other cats on here sayin that ? prolly stereotype them as mike jones type rappers and have only listened to one or two songs of theirs. no one that ever at least bumped big pimpin would say they just not in dpg league, foh.
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Outkast

Bun B and ? C can''t spit like Prodigy, ? keep postin one ? verse by Bun B. LOL!
    Prodigy got atleast 3 verses that could be consider as the best ever.

Mobb Deep 10/10 (3 classics, influence, discography, skill all included, MC,lyrics & flow)

UGK 5/10 (one near classic, the rest almost all throwaway)

Also wanna add nobody can touch Havocado grimey beats he is the GOAT PRODUCER
  • supergangster
    Options
    Outkast
    Prodigy could go up against Nas in his prime, (thats how great P was)

Jay Z said that Prodigy was the best rapper ever.

Kendrick said that he bite Prodigy and that he was in his top 4.

I mean this is from people that people in the Reason consider being GOATS.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Mobb Deep
    go read a book, you illiterate son of a ?
  • YapatnaJB
    YapatnaJB Members Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mobb Deep
    Bun B and ? C can''t spit like Prodigy, ? keep postin one ? verse by Bun B. LOL!

Mobb Deep 10/10 (3 classics, influence, discography, skill all included, MC,lyrics & flow)

So you're saying Too Hard To Swallow, Super Tight, ? Money & UGK'z are throwaway albums? There's no way you've ever heard them saying that.
  • supergangster
    Options
    Outkast
    go read a book, you illiterate son of a ?

you mad..

tumblr_ndbvihFEpD1tl9agao1_250.gif
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dogg Pound
    AggieLean. wrote: »
    Go ahead and get rid of Mobb. This easy, here. Them ? wasn't talmbout nothing but street fairytales anyway. ? wanted to be Italian mobsters so bad.

UGK the best group on that poll and ain't going nowhere. Them ? talked the game, but gave you both sides...the good and the bad. Their ? was real and they made the world aware of Port Arthur....created the word trill. Also, ain't nothing like a rap tune over a dope ass blues infused beat. ? and NO Joe with them fire ass country beats. Outkast gave you some soul food, so they not going anywhere either.

Italian mobsters? Mobb Deep was music was damn near purely street ? . Not much talking about getting rich, tons of hustling, just regular on the corner, in the projects type ? .

Most of the world doesn't know Port Arthur.

But Mobb Deep was fairytale rap they wasn't gangsta
    How the hell is DGP losing to UGK? Only on the ? IC, no where in ? real life will someone take UGK bars over Kurupt's alone let alone both Daz and Kurupt. I know yall hate on Daz off the strenght of that Death row movie ? but his production is some ? you cant front on and he laced the ? outta the last few Tupac projects and he even got bars sometimes ocassionally out spitting Kurupt like on Mack 10's "nuthing but a cavi"

Wow IC !!!

Lies
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Mobb Deep

You obviously don't know what tf you are talking about nor haven't heard one UGK album to even build an argument like you have. Ridin ? , ? Money & Underground Kingz = UGK classic albums. Mobb Deep make music for people that battles insomnia or has sleeping disorders. 2 GOATs sonned their careers & they haven't been the same since......#FactsToFacts#
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dogg Pound
    Well the poll has spokin DP and MB gotta go the south wins again lol
  • nineties
    nineties Members Posts: 506 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Dogg Pound
    For back to back years (95-96), Prodigy had the illest voice in rap and Havoc had the grimiest beats in rap. you compare them with any two good years from the other groups and the Mobb wins.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dogg Pound
    TayGettem wrote: »
    Well the poll has spokin DP and MB gotta go the south wins again lol

Dogg Pound got twice as many votes as Mobb Deep (50-19)

And it was close between Mobb Deep and UGK (19-17) Its not like it was a landslide.
  • supergangster
    Options
    Outkast
    T. Sanford wrote: »

You obviously don't know what tf you are talking about nor haven't heard one UGK album to even build an argument like you have. Ridin ? , ? Money & Underground Kingz = UGK classic albums. Mobb Deep make music for people that battles insomnia or has sleeping disorders. 2 GOATs sonned their careers & they haven't been the same since......#FactsToFacts#

Bla bla bla shut up
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    UGK

why would they laugh, people still checkin for, sampling, featuring ugk members. ugk has several highly acclaimed albums, ? was known as a great producer and hook writer(daz is pretty nice too tho) ? ? still checkin for ? c solo albums, bun b up there with the bars and more importantly they got at 2 decades of high quality MUSIC, not just bars. cant say the same for kurupt or daz in the last 15 years. not that that makes ugk better but its not ? or laughable for people to think that way.

aint nobody checking for kurupt except for on vlad interviews these days and barely for daz at all. like dpg more if u want. but ugk being better isnt laughable at all. i wouldnt be shocked if u and other cats on here sayin that ? prolly stereotype them as mike jones type rappers and have only listened to one or two songs of theirs. no one that ever at least bumped big pimpin would say they just not in dpg league, foh.

I know they better than Mike Jones and them and I actually respect Bun B im still bumping "Draped up" like its new. I just dont feel like Bun would serve Kurupt in a rap situation and i feel the board is looking at the kurupt vlad vids and the Daz deathrow movie ? and smoke screening how good they was as a duo since what "would you do" came out till now. I dont think UGK is wack They more on a Eightball and MJG level but they shouldnt be beating Daz and Kurupt in my own personal opinion. Even Jay Z has gone on record as respecting Dogg Pound so they aint just regional, i forgot who said that in a post up there. .. come on now.

And Kurupt verse on Pac's "mind made up"

Again I love Bun B but he wouldna been able to cook that ? against Pac ? and Redman and have the standout verse like Rupt did. Im almost sure of it.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mobb Deep

... I dont think UGK is wack They more on a Eightball and MJG level but they shouldnt be beating Daz and Kurupt....

Ball & MJG >> Dogg Pound > Mobb Deep
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    UGK
    TheGOAT wrote: »

... I dont think UGK is wack They more on a Eightball and MJG level but they shouldnt be beating Daz and Kurupt....

Ball & MJG >> Dogg Pound > Mobb Deep

^ ^ Haha No way!
  • Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Soooo... safe to say thread didn't go as planned for t/s (& sum posters lol)

but all jokes aside, ? down south make better music

I did NOT jus say, ? down south are better lyricist, jus that they make better music
  • Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Jay Z has gone on record as respecting Dogg Pound so they aint just regional

Uhh.. idk, that kinda makes part of your argument null & void

cuz I assume you mentioned Jay cuz he's considered one of the (if not the) G.O.A.T(s)

So him respecting DPG means sumthin? Right?

So what does it say that he wanted UGK feat. on his album? Lol
  • supergangster
    Options
    Outkast
    It's lame to insult people just because we don't think the same. Thats just stupid. This is how I feel and nobody gonna change it.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mobb Deep
    T. Sanford wrote: »

Bla bla bla shut up

UGK get respect in Texas & throughout the south (the most respected) while Prodigy getting beat up by Keith Murray, getting punched on stage by Saigon, dodging Nore & sending ? letters to men